Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
2. Alonso's son is
3. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He is malformed.
(b) He tried to rape her.
(c) He tries to trick her with magic.
(d) He is rude.
4. What is the strange noise that Gonzalo claims he heard?
(a) Antonio's and Sebastian's whispering.
(b) Alonso talking in his sleep.
(c) Ariel's singing.
(d) Twigs breaking.
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to sing.
(b) Teach him how to speak.
(c) Teach him how to read.
(d) Teach him how to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
2. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
3. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
4. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
5. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)