|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
(a) Because she is too young.
(b) Because he wants to show off for her.
(c) Because she has never done it before.
(d) Because it is too hard for her.
2. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to speak.
(b) Teach him how to sing.
(c) Teach him how to read.
(d) Teach him how to write.
4. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) In one day.
(b) Two days.
(c) In three days.
(d) In a week.
5. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
(a) Because he does not want to take over the island.
(b) Because he is not strong enough.
(c) Because he is a prince of Naples.
(d) Because he does not want to marry Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
2. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
3. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
4. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
5. Ferdinand is the prince of
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)