|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to Prospero's arrival on the island, Ariel was imprisoned by
2. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) He will overtire too soon.
(b) He will hurt himself.
(c) It upsets her seeing him like that.
(d) She wants him to spend time with her.
3. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is foolish.
(b) That it is part of his grand plan.
(c) That it is immoral.
(d) That it will destroy his grand plan.
4. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
(a) Anger Alonso.
(b) See his true character.
(c) Gain his respect.
(d) Keep him away from Miranda.
5. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
(a) To not work so hard.
(b) To run away.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To work harder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
2. What sets Alonso apart from Antonio in Prospero's eyes?
3. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
4. In his soliloquy, what does Ferdinand say makes his job easier?
5. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)