|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his sanity.
(b) his men.
(c) his kingdom.
(d) his daughter.
2. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(b) Preserve their secret.
(c) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(d) Spare their lives.
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He is intelligent and understands her.
(b) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
(c) He treats her well and loves her.
(d) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
4. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(b) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(c) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(d) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
5. Why does Ferdinand prefer not to do Prospero's work?
(a) Because he is not strong enough.
(b) Because he does not want to marry Miranda.
(c) Because he is a prince of Naples.
(d) Because he does not want to take over the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
2. In his soliloquy, what does Ferdinand say makes his job easier?
3. Prospero gained his power from his books and
4. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
5. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)