|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
(a) He offers to kill Gonzalo and have Sebastian kill Alonso.
(b) He offers to kill Alonso and have Sebastian kill Gonzalo.
(c) He promises to keep it a secret and never tell anyone.
(d) He promises he will not try to assassinate Sebastian once he is king.
2. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
(a) Going against her father's wishes.
(b) Not acting ladylike.
(c) Offering to help him.
(d) Telling him her name.
3. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
4. What does Prospero say in his soliloquy about Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) He is pleased with their growing relationship.
(b) He is displeased with their growing relationship.
(c) He does not care about their relationship.
(d) They are young and foolish.
5. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
(a) He tries to trick her with magic.
(b) He is rude.
(c) He tried to rape her.
(d) He is malformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
2. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
3. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
4. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
5. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)