|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
(a) The island.
2. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
(a) To work in Ferdinand's place.
(b) To show him Prospero's magical books.
(c) To bring him some food and water.
(d) To talk to Prospero for him.
3. What does Ferdinand say about Miranda in comparison to all of the women he has encountered?
(a) That she is simple-minded and not as exotic.
(b) That he has never met one as beautiful as she.
(c) That she is much nicer than the other women.
(d) That she would not understand royal life.
4. When Miranda first meets Ferdinand, she believes he is
(a) A king.
(b) A thief.
(c) A spirit.
(d) A peasant.
5. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) In one day.
(b) In a week.
(c) In three days.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ferdinand not want Miranda to help him with his work?
2. Who leads Ferdinand to Prospero?
3. Which of the lords is the only person who tries comforting Alonso, who believes his son is gone?
4. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
5. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)