|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Assassinate Gonzalo.
(b) Run away.
(c) Assassinate Alonso.
(d) Look for Ferdinand
2. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
(b) Pay Prospero off.
(d) Renounce his kingdom.
3. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(b) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
(c) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(d) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
4. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) She wants him to spend time with her.
(b) He will hurt himself.
(c) He will overtire too soon.
(d) It upsets her seeing him like that.
5. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That Alonso will soon wake up.
(b) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(c) That Antonio is tricking him.
(d) That they will never get off the island anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
2. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
3. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
4. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
5. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)