|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sebastian wonder about Antonio and his usurpation of Prospero's throne?
(a) If it plagues his conscience.
(b) If he is as courageous as Antonio.
(c) How hard it is to be the king.
(d) If Antonio will do it to him.
2. Who is not lulled to sleep in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Alonso and Sebastian.
(b) Antonio and Gonzalo.
(c) Gonzalo and Sebastian.
(d) Antonio and Sebastian.
3. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(a) The island.
(d) The boat.
4. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Preserve their secret.
(b) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
(c) Spare their lives.
(d) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(b) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(c) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(d) To allow him to marry Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
2. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
3. Which of the lords is the only person who tries comforting Alonso, who believes his son is gone?
4. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
5. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)