|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
(a) Teach him his magic.
(b) Free him.
(c) Let him marry Miranda.
(d) Knight him.
2. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
3. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
(b) Learning how to fight.
(c) Taking over the island.
(d) Prospero's books.
4. Prospero promises to free Ariel in
(a) In one day.
(b) In three days.
(c) In a week.
(d) Two days.
5. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
(a) Prospero's treatment of Caliban.
(b) Stephano's treatment of Caliban.
(c) Prospero's treatment of Ferdinand.
(d) Prospero's treatment of Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he was Duke of Milan, Prospero turned his duties over to
2. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
3. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
4. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
5. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)