|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
2. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
(a) The magic motif.
(b) The conspiracy motif.
(c) The Ariel motif.
(d) The tempest motif.
3. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
(a) He is not used to manual labor as much as she is.
(b) He understands what it means to be royalty, while she does not.
(c) He is more educated than Miranda.
(d) He has encountered many women, while she has encountered few men.
4. Who pretends to be Trinculo and interrupts Stephano's and Caliban's conversation?
5. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That Antonio is tricking him.
(b) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(c) That they will never get off the island anyway.
(d) That Alonso will soon wake up.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
2. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
3. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
4. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
5. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)