|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
(a) He will force Ferdinand into servitude.
(b) He is too old for his daughter.
(c) He will have him duel with Caliban.
(d) He is everything he had hoped he would be.
2. How long ago was Antonio's usurpation of Prospero's throne in Milan?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. In his soliloquy, what does Ferdinand say makes his job easier?
(a) Prospero's kindness.
(b) The nice weather.
(c) His natural strength.
(d) Thoughts of Miranda.
4. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
(b) Prospero's books.
(c) Taking over the island.
(d) Learning how to fight.
5. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
(a) His people are sympathetic and pitied them.
(b) His people are peaceful and not aggressive.
(c) His people loved him and would resent Antonio for the murder.
(d) His people would have then killed Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
2. After Ariel completes his duties, Prospero promises to
3. Antonio's treatment of Prospero when they were in Milan mirrors
4. Miranda dislikes Caliban, because
5. What does Miranda do in response to Ferdinand's declaration of his love for her?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)