|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
(a) His speech about the magic of the island.
(b) His wish to marry Miranda.
(c) His request for Trinculo and Stephano to sing.
(d) His anger and spite against Prospero.
2. Why does Miranda urge Ferdinand not to work so hard?
(a) It upsets her seeing him like that.
(b) He will overtire too soon.
(c) She wants him to spend time with her.
(d) He will hurt himself.
3. When awakened, Alonso asks Sebastian and Antonio why they have their swords drawn. What is their excuse?
(a) They heard something and were preparing to protect everyone.
(b) They were seeing whose sword was bigger.
(c) They were practicing their swordsmanship.
(d) They were having a heated argument.
4. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That Antonio is tricking him.
(b) That they will never get off the island anyway.
(c) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(d) That Alonso will soon wake up.
5. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
(d) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
2. Prospero and Miranda were given provisions and books on the boat by
3. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
4. Caliban believes the island is
5. Who provides music and sings along with Stephano and Trinculo?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)