|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
2. Gonzalo's attempt to comfort his king are mocked by whom?
(a) Antonio, Sebastian and Alonso.
(b) Sebastian, Adrian and Alonso.
(c) Antonio, Adrian and Alonso.
(d) Antonio, Sebastian and Adrian
3. What is the true motivation behind Prospero's grand plan for Miranda and Ferdinand?
(a) That it will finally get him and his daughter off of the island.
(b) That it will spite Alonso and any plans he had for his son.
(c) That it is a good union that will bring Naples and Milan together.
(d) It is not specifically defined.
4. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
(a) He has encountered many women, while she has encountered few men.
(b) He understands what it means to be royalty, while she does not.
(c) He is not used to manual labor as much as she is.
(d) He is more educated than Miranda.
5. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
(a) Moral beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who listens in on Caliban's and Stephano's conversation?
2. Who lulls the lords searching for Ferdinand into a deep sleep during their banter?
3. Prospero and Miranda were not killed when expelled from Milan because
4. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
5. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)