|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
(a) Mending his clothes.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Stacking firewood.
(d) Preparing food.
2. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
(a) He has encountered many women, while she has encountered few men.
(b) He understands what it means to be royalty, while she does not.
(c) He is not used to manual labor as much as she is.
(d) He is more educated than Miranda.
3. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
(a) His desire to prove that he is good at everything.
(b) The promise of being reunited with his father.
(c) The possibility of being let go and leaving the island.
(d) His willingness to do anything for Miranda.
4. Prospero gives Ferdinand a hard time in order to
(a) Gain his respect.
(b) Anger Alonso.
(c) See his true character.
(d) Keep him away from Miranda.
5. What does Antonio offer to do in order to persuade Sebastian to go along with the plan?
(a) He promises he will not try to assassinate Sebastian once he is king.
(b) He promises to keep it a secret and never tell anyone.
(c) He offers to kill Alonso and have Sebastian kill Gonzalo.
(d) He offers to kill Gonzalo and have Sebastian kill Alonso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
2. Who thwarts Antonio's and Sebastian's plan in Act II, Scene I?
3. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
4. What part of the scene in which Caliban plans the assassination is somewhat poetic and shows the depth of Caliban?
5. What does Miranda regret doing while talking to Ferdinand?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)