|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
(b) Taking over the island.
(c) Learning how to fight.
(d) Prospero's books.
2. What does Miranda impulsively do in Act III, Scene I?
(a) Tells Ferdinand her name.
(b) Kisses Ferdinand.
(c) Tells Ferdinand the secrets of the island.
(d) Tells Ferdinand to run away.
3. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise to Ariel for the second time?
(a) To put him back in the tree if he does not obey.
(b) To bring him back to Milan with Prospero.
(c) To free him once he completes Prospero's orders.
(d) To allow him to marry Miranda.
4. Prospero gained his power from his books and
(a) The boat.
(d) The island.
5. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
(b) The island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caliban believes the island is
2. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
3. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
4. Who does Caliban talk about at length to Stephano?
5. What motif does the scene between Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano and their assassination plan reflect?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)