|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miranda at first took pity on Caliban and tried to
(a) Teach him how to read.
(b) Teach him how to write.
(c) Teach him how to speak.
(d) Teach him how to sing.
2. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
(a) To work harder.
(b) To leave her alone.
(c) To run away.
(d) To not work so hard.
3. In order to render Ferdinand defenseless after he draws his sword, Prospero
(a) talks to him sensibly.
(b) uses his magic to send him back to the ship.
(c) threatens to take Miranda away.
(d) uses his magic to immobilize him.
4. Ferdinand is the prince of
5. At the beginning of Act III, Scene II, who does Caliban vow to serve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferdinand protest when Prospero accuses him of wanting to take over the island?
2. By the beginning of Act III, Scene II, what is the state of Caliban, Trinculo and Stephano?
3. Which of the lords is the only person who tries comforting Alonso, who believes his son is gone?
4. Ferdinand is surprised by Miranda, because she
5. Who is watching Ferdinand and Miranda from a distance in Act III, Scene I?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)