|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Sebastian's reservations about Antonio's plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) That Alonso will soon wake up.
(b) That Alonso's daughter would then inherit the throne.
(c) That Antonio is tricking him.
(d) That they will never get off the island anyway.
2. Who wants to take over the throne of Naples?
3. What is Prospero's reasoning for why Miranda believes that Ferdinand is the most beautiful man she has ever known?
(a) He treats her well and loves her.
(b) He is intelligent and understands her.
(c) He is a prince and will inherit the kingdom of Naples.
(d) She has only ever seen Prospero and Caliban before him.
4. What does Miranda offer to Ferdinand while he is working?
(a) To show him Prospero's magical books.
(b) To talk to Prospero for him.
(c) To bring him some food and water.
(d) To work in Ferdinand's place.
5. How does Antonio convince Sebastian to go along with the plan in Act II, Scene I?
(a) He tells him that they can combine powers once he is king of Naples.
(b) He explains how much he benefited from taking Prospero's throne.
(c) He tells him how much fun it is to be a king.
(d) He describes the riches he will gain as the king of Naples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caliban ask Stephano to do?
2. In Act I, Scene II, what does Prospero promise Ariel yet again?
3. Who chastises Alonso for allowing his daughter to marry an African?
4. What does Prospero state in an aside about Ferdinand?
5. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)