|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ariel lets the other ships return to Naples in order to
(a) Tell the kingdom the king is dead.
(b) Spare their lives.
(c) Preserve their secret.
(d) Tell everyone where Prospero is.
2. Alonso becomes more distraught after losing his son, remembering that he has also lost
(a) his daughter.
(b) his kingdom.
(c) his men.
(d) his sanity.
3. What does Prospero think about Ferdinand's and Miranda's attraction to each other?
(a) That it is foolish.
(b) That it is part of his grand plan.
(c) That it will destroy his grand plan.
(d) That it is immoral.
4. What does Caliban ask Stephano to do?
(a) Take him with him off of the island.
(b) Kill Trinculo.
(c) Kill Prospero.
(d) Help kidnap Miranda.
5. What do Antonio and Sebastian plan to do in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Look for Ferdinand
(b) Assassinate Alonso.
(c) Assassinate Gonzalo.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda urge Ferdinand to do while he is working?
2. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
3. In speaking to Stephano, what does Caliban describe as very important?
4. Caliban wanted to populate the island with
5. Although coming from different worlds, Miranda and Ferdinand are similar because of their
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)