|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what circumstances will Prospero curse Ferdinand's and Miranda's marriage?
(a) If they have premarital sex.
(b) If Ferdinand thwarts Prospero's plan of revenge.
(c) If they try to elope.
(d) If Miranda has any communication with Caliban.
2. When Ferdinand sees Miranda for the first time, he believes she is a
3. At the beginning of Act III, Scene I, what does Prospero have Ferdinand doing?
(a) Mending his clothes.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Stacking firewood.
(d) Preparing food.
4. In Act IV, Scene I, Prospero's speech mirrors that of which other character?
5. Why does Prospero abruptly stop the marriage ceremony and change his mood?
(a) The spirits' message has no affect on Miranda and Ferdinand.
(b) He is angered by the spirits.
(c) He remembers his plan for Trinculo, Stephano and Caliban.
(d) He remembers his plan for Antonio, Alonso and Sebastian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero do at the end of Act III, Scene I?
2. What keeps Ferdinand going as he does Prospero's work?
3. What does Ferdinand say he is willing to do to win Miranda?
4. What is one way in which Ferdinand's life differs from Miranda's?
5. What does Miranda do when Ferdinand confesses his love for her?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)