Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
2. "The Power and the Glory" dealt with what country in the 1930s?
3. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
4. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
5. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
Who is Dudley Knott? What challenges did he overcome? What types of work did he do? How did he become acquainted with the author? Why was the author astonished and delighted to know Knott? How did Knott die?
At the end of Part One of the book, the author talks about ministers losing themselves and setting aside their own experiences when they preach. Explain this position. Then discuss how the author views such behavior is detrimental not only to the ministers, but their congregations as well. Why does the author include these observations at this point in the book?
Why is the author's daughter sick? How did she get well? How did the increasing wellness of his daughter, help the author to realize that he was not well? How does the author explain what happens to someone who after being sick for so long is suddenly well? How does this new "freedom" affect them?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)