Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
2. "The Power and the Glory" dealt with what country in the 1930s?
3. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
4. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
5. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
Essay Topic 1
The author talks about the pluralism of Harvard Divinity School. What makes Harvard pluralistic (as described by the author)? What happens in the author's Harvard classroom that helps him conclude that pluralism can become factionalism? What is factionalism (as presented in the book)?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the author means when he writes that by watching and listening we are praying. How does God speak to us in quietness? What is "God's place" in us? What deadens us to God's presence within us? How does Psalm 131 illustrate these points from the author?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the author's daughter sick? How did she get well? How did the increasing wellness of his daughter, help the author to realize that he was not well? How does the author explain what happens to someone who after being sick for so long is suddenly well? How does this new "freedom" affect them?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)