Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
2. "The Power and the Glory" dealt with what country in the 1930s?
3. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
4. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
5. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
Essay Topic 1
The author writes his own book introduction. What does the introduction reveal about the author? What purpose for the book is explained, and why is he writing another autobiography when he has already penned two such publications? What picture does the author create for the reader about expectations for this book, as well as his state of mind about the book's content?
Essay Topic 2
The author talks about being as deaf about his family and himself as his mother was, even with a purse full of half or not working hearing aids. The author uses two pieces of stained glass in his office to help readers understand this time in his life. Explain how the author felt he was "deaf" about his life and how he used the stained glass pieces to convey these experiences, thoughts and feelings to readers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the author means when he writes that by watching and listening we are praying. How does God speak to us in quietness? What is "God's place" in us? What deadens us to God's presence within us? How does Psalm 131 illustrate these points from the author?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)