Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
2. "The Power and the Glory" dealt with what country in the 1930s?
3. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
4. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
5. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
Essay Topic 1
The author introduces us to the Tower of London, specifically the the oldest part, the White Tower. What is the White Tower? Why does the author include this information in the book? How does the author connect the details he provided about the White Tower to himself, to his life?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Dudley Knott? What challenges did he overcome? What types of work did he do? How did he become acquainted with the author? Why was the author astonished and delighted to know Knott? How did Knott die?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the author means when he writes that by watching and listening we are praying. How does God speak to us in quietness? What is "God's place" in us? What deadens us to God's presence within us? How does Psalm 131 illustrate these points from the author?
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)