Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
2. "The Power and the Glory" dealt with what country in the 1930s?
3. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
4. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
5. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
Essay Topic 1
The author taught on the east coast and in the mid-west. Explain his thoughts about each experience, using details from the book. Also, identify the major differences that existed between the two in regards to religious discussions, and the students he taught; and how these differences contributed to the author's experiences.
Essay Topic 2
The author talks about the pluralism of Harvard Divinity School. What makes Harvard pluralistic (as described by the author)? What happens in the author's Harvard classroom that helps him conclude that pluralism can become factionalism? What is factionalism (as presented in the book)?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Dudley Knott? What challenges did he overcome? What types of work did he do? How did he become acquainted with the author? Why was the author astonished and delighted to know Knott? How did Knott die?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)