|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rubber doll did Dudley Knott carry with him everywhere?
2. The author states that he has underlying questions, just like his sick daughter, about love, trust, fear, loss and _______.
3. In what year was "Now and Then" written?
4. What was the name of the author's maternal grandmother?
5. The author's maternal grandmother was half old ____ and and half French-Swiss.
(d) New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the second floor of the White Tower?
2. What place of torment eventually becomes home if you live there long enough, according to the author?
3. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
4. What room in the White Tower measures only four feet high?
5. When the author and his brother lived in _____ they had a nurse who dropped her teeth at will.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the author like having Dudley Knott as a friend?
2. Besides complaints about him praying in his first class at Harvard, what other surprises did the author's students give him?
3. How did the author's kids connect him with the outside world when they were small?
4. What dream did the author have about a hotel?
5. What differences did the author write about among Union students as well as what they all shared?
6. How did the author translate his hotel dream into his real life?
7. How did the author feel about his kids once they were older and how did this affect his life once they left home as adults?
8. What events from the author's life most fit the title for Part Two of "Telling Secrets?"
9. What did trying to help his daughter reveal to the author about his emotional state?
10. Why does the author go to Bermuda as a child?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)