|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
(b) King Lear.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
2. "The Power and the Glory" dealt with what country in the 1930s?
(c) United States.
(d) South Africa.
3. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
4. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
(a) 1,200 years.
(b) 450 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
5. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
Short Answer Questions
1. "He who does not love remains in death" is quoted by the author from what book of the Bible?
2. Which island shop had ceiling fans?
3. According to the author, what could you buy in the island shop called Trimingham's?
4. When the author asked another of his atheist students what he have faith in, the student replied he had faith in ____.
5. In Part Two, the author describes his memory of the color of the shallows in the Gulf Stream on the island as ___.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)