|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the house the author and his family lived in on the island, in a town called Paget?
2. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
(c) King Lear.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
3. What type of lilies were grown commercially on the island, pre-WWI, as described by the author?
(b) Death Camas.
(d) Queen's Cup.
4. At theological seminary who became the author's father and brother in Christ?
(a) James Muilenburg.
(b) John Knox.
(c) Paul Tillich.
(d) Robert Macafee Brown.
5. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 450 years.
(d) 1,200 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hymn did the old nurse teach the author and his young brother?
2. What illness did Dudley Knott battle just before the author met him and they became friends?
3. How old was the author when he met his new best friend, Dudley Knott?
4. According to the author what batters and shapes us in all sorts of ways?
5. In Part Two, the author describes his memory of the color of the shallows in the Gulf Stream on the island as ___.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)