|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the author's maternal grandmother?
2. Which was the employer of the driver who later gave the author the license plate with the encouraging word imprinted on it that the author saw passing on the road?
(a) A bank.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) A church.
3. What is on the second floor of the White Tower?
(a) The Chapel of St. John.
(b) Little Ease.
(c) The Tower Watch.
(d) The Innermost Ward.
4. The author's maternal grandmother was half old ____ and and half French-Swiss.
(a) New England.
5. In what year was "Now and Then" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Power and the Glory?"
2. The scripture passage in the beginning of Part Two of the book says that we were created in the likeness and image of who?
3. The author dreamed about a hotel where the desk clerk told him the name of the room to which he wanted to return is called what?
4. Who built the White Tower?
5. Where did the author go to wait with a friend who got news about a family accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the author translate his hotel dream into his real life?
2. Who is Naya?
3. Who goes to Bermuda with the author when he is a child and how does he describe their arrival in Bermuda?
4. Why does the author describe Bermuda as enchanting?
5. Why does the author go to Bermuda as a child?
6. What events from the author's life most fit the title for Part Two of "Telling Secrets?"
7. What can you tell about the author and his time at Union Theological Seminary?
8. What did the author expect in a Harvard teaching experience that he did not get when he actually taught at Harvard Divinity School?
9. What dream did the author have about a hotel?
10. Why did the author like having Dudley Knott as a friend?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)