|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the second floor of the White Tower?
(a) The Chapel of St. John.
(b) The Innermost Ward.
(c) The Tower Watch.
(d) Little Ease.
2. What is the oldest part of the Tower of London?
(a) The Outer Ward.
(b) The Norman chapel.
(c) The Inner Ward.
(d) The White Tower.
3. The author dreamed about a hotel where the desk clerk told him the name of the room to which he wanted to return is called what?
4. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
5. What color was the house the author and his family lived in on the island, in a town called Paget?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rubber doll did Dudley Knott carry with him everywhere?
2. The author read the "Letters of the Scattered Brotherhood," written by _____.
3. The author writes about his teaching experience at Harvard that "the danger of pluralism is that it becomes ______."
4. What college did the author graduate from before being ordained as a minister?
5. Who built the White Tower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author expect in a Harvard teaching experience that he did not get when he actually taught at Harvard Divinity School?
2. Why does the author go to Bermuda as a child?
3. How did the author translate his hotel dream into his real life?
4. What dream did the author have about a hotel?
5. What differences did the author write about among Union students as well as what they all shared?
6. What does the author describe about the Tower of London?
7. Besides complaints about him praying in his first class at Harvard, what other surprises did the author's students give him?
8. How do our other selves develop as explained in Part Two of "Telling Secrets?"
9. Why did the author like having Dudley Knott as a friend?
10. Why does the author describe Bermuda as enchanting?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)