|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the author's sick daughter finally graduate college?
2. How many years after college graduation was the author ordained as a minister?
3. The author writes about his teaching experience at Harvard that "the danger of pluralism is that it becomes ______."
4. In what year was "The Sacred Journey" written?
5. In the 1950s, the author attended theological seminary in what city?
(a) New York.
(d) Jersey City.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
2. Who wrote "The Man Who Was Thursday?"
3. "He who does not love remains in death" is quoted by the author from what book of the Bible?
4. At theological seminary who became the author's father and brother in Christ?
5. What type of cedar trees does the author describe, as a smell of "the island?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream did the author have about a hotel?
2. How does the author connect his feelings to what he describes about the Tower in London?
3. What does the author describe about the Tower of London?
4. Besides complaints about him praying in his first class at Harvard, what other surprises did the author's students give him?
5. Why does the author describe Bermuda as enchanting?
6. Who goes to Bermuda with the author when he is a child and how does he describe their arrival in Bermuda?
7. What events from the author's life most fit the title for Part Two of "Telling Secrets?"
8. What did trying to help his daughter reveal to the author about his emotional state?
9. How did the author translate his hotel dream into his real life?
10. Why does the author go to Bermuda as a child?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)