|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Little Ease?
(a) A throne room.
(b) A chapel.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A palace.
2. What is the oldest part of the Tower of London?
(a) The Inner Ward.
(b) The Outer Ward.
(c) The Norman chapel.
(d) The White Tower.
3. From what book of the Bible does the author quote a scripture passage in the beginning of Part Two of the book?"
4. In Part Two, the author describes his memory of the color of the shallows in the Gulf Stream on the island as ___.
5. Who built the White Tower?
(a) Canute the Great.
(b) Alfred the Great.
(c) William the Conqueror.
(d) Richard the Lionheart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bought the world and "home" back to the author each day?
2. How old was the author when he met his new best friend, Dudley Knott?
3. The author dreamed about a hotel where the desk clerk told him the name of the room to which he wanted to return is called what?
4. The author also read "A Testament of Devotion," written by _____.
5. Which was the employer of the driver who later gave the author the license plate with the encouraging word imprinted on it that the author saw passing on the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the author like having Dudley Knott as a friend?
2. Who goes to Bermuda with the author when he is a child and how does he describe their arrival in Bermuda?
3. What does the author describe about the Tower of London?
4. What can you tell about the author and his time at Union Theological Seminary?
5. How did the author feel about his kids once they were older and how did this affect his life once they left home as adults?
6. Who is Naya?
7. What did the author expect in a Harvard teaching experience that he did not get when he actually taught at Harvard Divinity School?
8. Besides complaints about him praying in his first class at Harvard, what other surprises did the author's students give him?
9. What does the author tell us about his first two autobiographies?
10. How did the author translate his hotel dream into his real life?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)