|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the woman who came nights but according to the author's mother was late because of the subway?
2. "For the last ____ years" of her life, the author's mother saw almost no one except immediate family.
3. After his father's suicide, where did the author's mom move the family?
(b) Cape Hatteras.
4. In "Godric" what is the name of the father of the title character?
5. The author's mother's motto, translated from French is, "you have to ____ in order to be beautiful."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Last Battle?"
2. When the author's sick daughter had to be hospitalized, how many miles away was she?
3. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
4. Where were the ashes of the author's father buried?
5. As the author's mother aged, she complained about her looks, saying her hair looked like what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the author drawn to St. Barnabas?
2. What dream did the author have about a hotel?
3. How did the author's mother's aging affect her sons' lives?
4. What can you tell about the author and his time at Union Theological Seminary?
5. What does the author tell us about his first two autobiographies?
6. Why is the author exempt from the Wheaton College pledge?
7. According to the author, how does memory help us finish with the past?
8. Why is the church a dysfunctional family and how does the author suggest fixing this?
9. How is the author's story, our story?
10. Why does the preaching at St. Barnabas impress the author?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)