|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the dwarves are offered food, what do they think it is?
2. What was the make of the family car used for the 1936 suicide?
3. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
(b) Home Making.
4. The author likens his mother, in her later years, to a millionaire who what?
(a) Hoardes money.
(b) Wants to help everyone.
(c) Has to get a job.
(d) Runs out of money.
5. How many years after his father's suicide did the author write "The Return of Ansel Gibbs?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What title did the author write when he was in his fifties and his mom was in her eighties?
2. What place did the author see as an act of God in his life that he paralleled to the entry into the Promised Land?
3. In complaining about her looks, what did the author's mother say "don't fit?"
4. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
5. What is the title of the first autobiography written by the author?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the author's story, our story?
2. What was on the stained glass pieces in the author's office?
3. Why/how does the author identify with one of the stained glass images?
4. Why did the author's mother have so few friends as she got older?
5. How does the author describe God loving us, and loving his daughter?
6. How does the author describe his father's suicide?
7. How did author's mom respond to his fictionalized version of his father's death and how did her reaction to this fist telling affect the author's writing about the death later?
8. What illness did the author's daughter have and how did it affect her?
9. How did the author's mother's aging affect her sons' lives?
10. How did the author's mother's aging affect her life?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)