|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the ashes of the author's father buried?
(a) Union City.
2. The author's sick daughter was more afraid of what than death?
(a) Gaining weight.
(b) Being rejected.
(c) Coming home.
(d) Being hospitalized.
3. What fell behind the radiator and required that the building superintendent come to retrieve it?
(a) The purse.
(b) The fan.
(c) The cane.
(d) The pillow.
4. When the author's sick daughter had to be hospitalized, how many miles away was she?
5. As the author's mother aged, she complained about her looks, saying her hair looked like what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tends to more publicly lose touch with themselves and with God, according to the author?
2. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
3. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
4. In what language is the dedication written in "Godric?"
5. According to the author, what is the doorway to healing and forgiveness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What illness did the author's daughter have and how did it affect her?
2. How did author's mom respond to his fictionalized version of his father's death and how did her reaction to this fist telling affect the author's writing about the death later?
3. What is the most sacred function of memory?
4. How did the daughter being sick affect the author?
5. What did the author say he would deal with in this autobiography "Telling Secrets?"
6. According to the author, how does memory help us finish with the past?
7. How is the author's story, our story?
8. Why is the author telling his secrets?
9. Why did the author feel like a dwarf as depicted in C. S. Lewis' "The Last Battle?"
10. How does the author describe his father's suicide?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)