|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the ashes of the author's father buried?
(c) Union City.
2. The author said that he told his father's story both as the child "I was in 1936 and still am in ___."
3. What was in the bowl on top of the bureau in the room of the author's mother?
(a) M & Ms.
4. The author likens his mother, in her later years, to a millionaire who what?
(a) Hoardes money.
(b) Wants to help everyone.
(c) Runs out of money.
(d) Has to get a job.
5. What place did the author see as an act of God in his life that he paralleled to the entry into the Promised Land?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author's mother's motto, translated from French is, "you have to ____ in order to be beautiful."
2. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
3. In complaining about her looks, what did the author's mother say "don't fit?"
4. How many years had the author been married by the mid 1970's?
5. The author's mother lived to within how many days of her ninety-second birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the author feel like a dwarf as depicted in C. S. Lewis' "The Last Battle?"
2. Describe the author's mother's bedroom in her 79th street apartment.
3. How did the author's mother's aging affect her life?
4. How do ministers lose touch with God?
5. How did the daughter being sick affect the author?
6. How does the author describe God loving us, and loving his daughter?
7. Why did the author's mother have so few friends as she got older?
8. According to the author, how does memory help us finish with the past?
9. How does the author describe his father's suicide?
10. How is the author's story, our story?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)