Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Last Battle", who stoops and touches the dwarves with his tongue?
2. The author describes his sick daughter's behavior as a way of striking out to be what?
(a) In control.
3. As the author's mother aged, she complained about her looks, saying her hair looked like what?
4. How old was the author when his mother made him feel like a traitor for writing the fictionalized "Ansel Gibbs" about his father's death?
5. In what language is the dedication written in "Godric?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe as the "living heart and command center" of his mother's room?
2. In telling his father's story as a child, who does Teddy represent in this story?
3. The author said that he told his father's story both as the child "I was in 1936 and still am in ___."
4. Who wrote "The Last Battle?"
5. According to the author, what is the doorway to healing and forgiveness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the preaching at St. Barnabas impress the author?
2. How does the author connect his feelings to what he describes about the Tower in London?
3. How is the author's story, our story?
4. According to the author, how does memory help us finish with the past?
5. How does the author say we are distracted from hearing God in the silence?
6. What is the Wheaton College motto and how did it permeate the school?
7. What techniques does the author use to help him say good-bye to his father?
8. How do ministers lose touch with God?
9. What does dreaming about his mother help the author accomplish?
10. Why/how does the author identify with one of the stained glass images?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)