|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author likens his mother, in her later years, to a millionaire who what?
(a) Hoardes money.
(b) Has to get a job.
(c) Runs out of money.
(d) Wants to help everyone.
2. The author's sick daughter was more afraid of what than death?
(a) Coming home.
(b) Being rejected.
(c) Gaining weight.
(d) Being hospitalized.
3. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
(a) Home Making.
4. "For the last ____ years" of her life, the author's mother saw almost no one except immediate family.
5. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
(a) Clear eyes and blemish free skin.
(b) Blue eyes and golden hair.
(c) Kissable lips and golden hair.
(d) Wrinkle free and smooth skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his father's suicide, where did the author's mom move the family?
2. When the dwarves are offered food, what do they think it is?
3. How old was the author when his father committed suicide?
4. In telling his father's story as a child, who does Teddy represent in this story?
5. In the Introduction, the author tells us that this is his ___ venture into autobiography.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe God loving us, and loving his daughter?
2. What did the author say he would deal with in this autobiography "Telling Secrets?"
3. How do ministers lose touch with God?
4. What did the author deal with in first two autobiographies?
5. What illness did the author's daughter have and how did it affect her?
6. How did the author's mother's aging affect her life?
7. Why/how does the author identify with one of the stained glass images?
8. Why did the author feel like a dwarf as depicted in C. S. Lewis' "The Last Battle?"
9. Why did the author's mother have so few friends as she got older?
10. Why is the author telling his secrets?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)