|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
(c) Home Making.
2. After his father's suicide, where did the author's mom move the family?
(b) Cape Hatteras.
3. When the author's sick daughter had to be hospitalized, how many miles away was she?
4. In the Introduction, what is the title of the book the author cites as dealing with the interior of his life?
(a) Now and Then.
(b) Telling Secrets.
(d) The Sacred Journey.
5. What is the title of the book written by Kahlil Gibran that is on the table next to the chaise lounge in the author's mother's room?
(a) Les Malheurs de Sophie.
(b) The Last Battle
(c) The Prophet.
(d) Now and Then.
Short Answer Questions
1. Three acts of God mentioned by the author that appear in scripture are the Exodus, the ___, and the entry into the Promised Land.
2. What condition made it almost impossible for the author's mom to walk during her last year of life?
3. What was the make of the family car used for the 1936 suicide?
4. What is the title of the book the author wrote to tell the story of his father to a child?
5. What title did the author write when he was in his fifties and his mom was in her eighties?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe God loving us, and loving his daughter?
2. How does the author describe his father's suicide?
3. What was on the stained glass pieces in the author's office?
4. How did the author's mother's aging affect her sons' lives?
5. Describe the author's mother's bedroom in her 79th street apartment.
6. How do ministers lose touch with God?
7. How did the author's mother's aging affect her life?
8. What did the author deal with in first two autobiographies?
9. How is the author's story, our story?
10. Why did the author's mother have so few friends as she got older?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)