|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In describing what he learned after his father's death, what does the author consider a means of grace?
2. In the room in which the author writes, how many pieces of stained glass sit in his windows?
3. What does the author describe as the "living heart and command center" of his mother's room?
(b) Dressing Table.
(d) Chaise Lounge.
4. What is the title of the first autobiography written by the author?
(a) Now and Then.
(b) Telling Secrets.
(c) The Last Battle.
(d) The Sacred Journey.
5. How old was the author when his father committed suicide?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book written by Kahlil Gibran that is on the table next to the chaise lounge in the author's mother's room?
2. What condition made it almost impossible for the author's mom to walk during her last year of life?
3. In "Godric" what is the name of the father of the title character?
4. In the Introduction, how many books does the author mention that dealt with the headlines of his life?
5. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was on the stained glass pieces in the author's office?
2. Why did the author's mother have so few friends as she got older?
3. What did the author say he would deal with in this autobiography "Telling Secrets?"
4. How did author's mom respond to his fictionalized version of his father's death and how did her reaction to this fist telling affect the author's writing about the death later?
5. How is the author's story, our story?
6. Why does the author write "The Wizard's Tide" and what differs in the book from his childhood memory of his father's death?
7. How did the author's mother's aging affect her life?
8. How does the author describe God loving us, and loving his daughter?
9. How did the author's mother's aging affect her sons' lives?
10. How do ministers lose touch with God?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)