|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of the lost book the author's mother hunted for in her room?
(a) Ansel Gibbs.
(b) The Last Battle.
(c) Les Malheurs de Sophie.
(d) Now and Then.
2. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
(c) Home Making.
3. How old was the author when his mother made him feel like a traitor for writing the fictionalized "Ansel Gibbs" about his father's death?
4. What was the name of the woman the author's mother had trouble understanding because of her thick accent?
5. In what language is the dedication written in "Godric?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What renders distinctions between past, present and future meaningless, according to the author?
2. How many failed marriages did the author's mother have after his father died?
3. Losing track of our "____," according to the author, means being impoverished humanly and spiritually.
4. When the dwarves are offered wine, what do they think it is?
5. The author said that he told his father's story both as the child "I was in 1936 and still am in ___."
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe his father's suicide?
2. How did the author's mother's aging affect her life?
3. Why/how does the author identify with one of the stained glass images?
4. Why is the author telling his secrets?
5. What did the author deal with in first two autobiographies?
6. According to the author, how does memory help us finish with the past?
7. How does the author describe God loving us, and loving his daughter?
8. How did the author's mother's aging affect her sons' lives?
9. Why does the author write "The Wizard's Tide" and what differs in the book from his childhood memory of his father's death?
10. What did the author say he would deal with in this autobiography "Telling Secrets?"
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)