|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which island shop had ceiling fans?
(b) Phoenix Drugstore.
2. According to the author, what could you buy in the island shop called Trimingham's?
3. Who wrote "The Power and the Glory?"
(a) G.K. Chesterton.
(b) Thomas Kelly.
(c) Graham Greene.
(d) Dorothy Parker.
4. When the author asked another of his atheist students what he have faith in, the student replied he had faith in ____.
5. When the author and his brother lived in _____ they had a nurse who dropped her teeth at will.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) Washington D.C.
6. Who bought the world and "home" back to the author each day?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(c) His writing.
(d) His books.
7. Which was the employer of the driver who later gave the author the license plate with the encouraging word imprinted on it that the author saw passing on the road?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A bank.
(c) A school.
(d) A church.
8. The author also read "A Testament of Devotion," written by _____.
(a) Dorothy Parker.
(b) Thomas Kelly.
(c) Noel Coward.
(d) Mary Strong.
9. How many years after college graduation was the author ordained as a minister?
10. What did Knights of the Order of the Bath keep an all night vigil over the day before a king's coronation?
(a) Their armor.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their prisoners.
(d) Their guests.
11. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
12. The author dreamed about a hotel where the desk clerk told him the name of the room to which he wanted to return is called what?
13. What does the author say we are constantly putting off and on like coats and hats against the world's weather?
14. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
15. In what year did the author's sick daughter finally graduate college?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author what batters and shapes us in all sorts of ways?
2. Where did the author go to wait with a friend who got news about a family accident?
3. In the White Tower what has an heavy oak door?
4. In Part Two, the author describes his memory of the color of the shallows in the Gulf Stream on the island as ___.
5. What is the Little Ease?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)