|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Dudley Knott battle just before the author met him and they became friends?
(a) Prostate Cancer.
(b) Parkinson's Disease.
(d) Lung Cancer.
2. What does the author say we are constantly putting off and on like coats and hats against the world's weather?
3. The author read the "Letters of the Scattered Brotherhood," written by _____.
(a) Dorothy Parker.
(b) Thomas Kelly.
(c) Noel Coward.
(d) Mary Strong.
4. Sitting on the side road, depressed about his sick child, what encouraging word did the author read on the license plate of a passing vehicle?
5. What hymn did the old nurse teach the author and his young brother?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(c) What A Friend.
(d) The Old Rugged Cross.
6. How many years after college graduation was the author ordained as a minister?
7. How old was the author when he met his new best friend, Dudley Knott?
8. The author dreamed about a hotel where the desk clerk told him the name of the room to which he wanted to return is called what?
9. Who wrote "The Power and the Glory?"
(a) G.K. Chesterton.
(b) Thomas Kelly.
(c) Dorothy Parker.
(d) Graham Greene.
10. Which island shop had ceiling fans?
(c) Phoenix Drugstore.
11. What room in the White Tower measures only four feet high?
(a) The Outer Ward.
(b) The Inner Ward.
(c) Little Ease.
(d) Chapel St. John.
12. In relation to the White Tower, where does the author say he spent many of his dark days?
(a) In the Chapel.
(b) On the Tower Watch.
(c) In Little Ease.
(d) In the Outer Ward.
13. In what war was Dudley Knott a naval officer?
(a) The Hundred Years War.
(b) The Great War.
(c) World War II.
(d) Vietnam War.
14. What rubber doll did Dudley Knott carry with him everywhere?
15. What is on the second floor of the White Tower?
(a) The Tower Watch.
(b) Little Ease.
(c) The Innermost Ward.
(d) The Chapel of St. John.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author lists what he calls "real" art as painting, music, dance, and ______.
2. What did Knights of the Order of the Bath keep an all night vigil over the day before a king's coronation?
3. According to the author, besides himself, who else to some degree is like the White Tower?
4. In the White Tower what has an heavy oak door?
5. What place of torment eventually becomes home if you live there long enough, according to the author?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)