|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought the world and "home" back to the author each day?
(a) His writing.
(b) His children.
(c) His books.
(d) His wife.
2. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
3. The author's maternal grandmother was half old ____ and and half French-Swiss.
(c) New England.
4. What was the name of the author's maternal grandmother?
5. At theological seminary who became the author's father and brother in Christ?
(a) Paul Tillich.
(b) John Knox.
(c) James Muilenburg.
(d) Robert Macafee Brown.
6. What type of lilies were grown commercially on the island, pre-WWI, as described by the author?
(a) Death Camas.
(c) Queen's Cup.
7. From what book of the Bible does the author quote a scripture passage in the beginning of Part Two of the book?"
8. In what year did the author's sick daughter finally graduate college?
9. The author talks about English money weighing down his pockets; the heavy coppers, florins and __.
(a) Pound Notes.
(b) Half Crowns.
(d) Threepenny bits.
10. In what year was "The Sacred Journey" written?
11. The author dreamed about a hotel where the desk clerk told him the name of the room to which he wanted to return is called what?
12. What is the oldest part of the Tower of London?
(a) The Outer Ward.
(b) The Norman chapel.
(c) The White Tower.
(d) The Inner Ward.
13. When the author asked another of his atheist students what he have faith in, the student replied he had faith in ____.
14. What color was the house the author and his family lived in on the island, in a town called Paget?
15. In Part Two, the author describes his memory of the color of the shallows in the Gulf Stream on the island as ___.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitting on the side road, depressed about his sick child, what encouraging word did the author read on the license plate of a passing vehicle?
2. In what war was Dudley Knott a naval officer?
3. The author likens the way we scurry through life to ____, in how we keep busy, busy, ignoring the big things while small things loom large.
4. "The Power and the Glory" dealt with what country in the 1930s?
5. What is the Little Ease?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)