Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
(b) King Lear.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
2. "The Power and the Glory" dealt with what country in the 1930s?
(c) United States.
(d) South Africa.
3. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
4. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
(a) 1,200 years.
(b) 450 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
5. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
6. "He who does not love remains in death" is quoted by the author from what book of the Bible?
(a) III John.
(c) I John.
(d) II John.
7. Which island shop had ceiling fans?
(b) Phoenix Drugstore.
8. According to the author, what could you buy in the island shop called Trimingham's?
9. When the author asked another of his atheist students what he have faith in, the student replied he had faith in ____.
10. In Part Two, the author describes his memory of the color of the shallows in the Gulf Stream on the island as ___.
11. The author writes about how he cannot preach about ____, after an atheist student tells him she and others do not believe in God.
12. According to the author, besides himself, who else to some degree is like the White Tower?
(a) His father.
(b) His sick child.
(c) We are.
(d) His mother.
13. What is the oldest part of the Tower of London?
(a) The Inner Ward.
(b) The Norman chapel.
(c) The White Tower.
(d) The Outer Ward.
14. In what year was the author's first novel published?
15. In the White Tower what has an heavy oak door?
(a) The Norman chapel.
(b) The palace.
(c) The Outer Ward.
(d) Little Ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was the employer of the driver who later gave the author the license plate with the encouraging word imprinted on it that the author saw passing on the road?
2. What place of torment eventually becomes home if you live there long enough, according to the author?
3. The author writes about his teaching experience at Harvard that "the danger of pluralism is that it becomes ______."
4. In what year did the author accept an invitation to teach at Harvard Divinity School?
5. At theological seminary who became the author's father and brother in Christ?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)