|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Dudley Knott battle just before the author met him and they became friends?
(a) Prostate Cancer.
(b) Lung Cancer.
(c) Parkinson's Disease.
2. The scripture passage in the beginning of Part Two of the book says that we were created in the likeness and image of who?
3. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
4. At theological seminary who became the author's father and brother in Christ?
(a) Robert Macafee Brown.
(b) Paul Tillich.
(c) James Muilenburg.
(d) John Knox.
5. In what year was the author's first novel published?
6. The author read the "Letters of the Scattered Brotherhood," written by _____.
(a) Thomas Kelly.
(b) Noel Coward.
(c) Mary Strong.
(d) Dorothy Parker.
7. In what year did the author's sick daughter finally graduate college?
8. How many years after college graduation was the author ordained as a minister?
9. What does the author say we are constantly putting off and on like coats and hats against the world's weather?
10. "He who does not love remains in death" is quoted by the author from what book of the Bible?
(a) II John.
(b) I John.
(d) III John.
11. The author's maternal grandmother was half old ____ and and half French-Swiss.
(c) New England.
12. What hymn did the old nurse teach the author and his young brother?
(a) The Old Rugged Cross.
(b) What A Friend.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) Battle Hymn of the Republic.
13. In what year did the author accept an invitation to teach at Harvard Divinity School?
14. In what year was "Now and Then" written?
15. Which was the employer of the driver who later gave the author the license plate with the encouraging word imprinted on it that the author saw passing on the road?
(a) A church.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A bank.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Little Ease?
2. Who bought the world and "home" back to the author each day?
3. What type of cedar trees does the author describe, as a smell of "the island?"
4. When the author asked another of his atheist students what he have faith in, the student replied he had faith in ____.
5. Who built the White Tower?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)