|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Dudley Knott battle just before the author met him and they became friends?
(b) Lung Cancer.
(c) Prostate Cancer.
(d) Parkinson's Disease.
2. According to the author, about how old is the the Chapel of St. John?
(a) 1,200 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 450 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
3. What college did the author graduate from before being ordained as a minister?
4. In what year was "The Sacred Journey" written?
5. From what book of the Bible does the author quote a scripture passage in the beginning of Part Two of the book?"
6. The author writes about how he cannot preach about ____, after an atheist student tells him she and others do not believe in God.
7. Who wrote "The Man Who Was Thursday?"
(a) Thomas Kelly.
(b) G.K. Chesterton.
(c) Noel Coward.
(d) The author.
8. In what year was the author's first novel published?
9. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
10. Who built the White Tower?
(a) Richard the Lionheart.
(b) William the Conqueror.
(c) Canute the Great.
(d) Alfred the Great.
11. Who bought the world and "home" back to the author each day?
(a) His books.
(b) His children.
(c) His writing.
(d) His wife.
12. What is the Little Ease?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A chapel.
(c) A palace.
(d) A throne room.
13. In what year was "Now and Then" written?
14. What does the author say we are constantly putting off and on like coats and hats against the world's weather?
15. In the 1950s, the author attended theological seminary in what city?
(b) Jersey City.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was the employer of the driver who later gave the author the license plate with the encouraging word imprinted on it that the author saw passing on the road?
2. What color was the house the author and his family lived in on the island, in a town called Paget?
3. What type of lilies were grown commercially on the island, pre-WWI, as described by the author?
4. According to the author, besides himself, who else to some degree is like the White Tower?
5. How old was the author when he met his new best friend, Dudley Knott?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)