|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author when his mother made him feel like a traitor for writing the fictionalized "Ansel Gibbs" about his father's death?
2. To whom is the book "Godric" dedicated?
(a) A sibling.
(b) A mother.
(c) A grandparent.
(d) A father.
3. When the dwarves are offered food, what do they think it is?
4. The author's sick daughter was more afraid of what than death?
(a) Being hospitalized.
(b) Being rejected.
(c) Gaining weight.
(d) Coming home.
5. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
(a) Blue eyes and golden hair.
(b) Kissable lips and golden hair.
(c) Wrinkle free and smooth skin.
(d) Clear eyes and blemish free skin.
6. What is the title of the first autobiography written by the author?
(a) The Last Battle.
(b) The Sacred Journey.
(c) Now and Then.
(d) Telling Secrets.
7. In what month during1936 did the author's father commit suicide?
8. Who refers to themselves as the "last rose of summer?"
(a) Dorothy Parker.
(b) Mrs. Buechner.
(d) Mrs. Frederick Buechner.
9. In the Introduction, who does the author quote regarding the definition for "story" versus "plot?"
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) R. Kipling
(c) E.M. Forster.
10. What did the author's mother use when she "struck to kill?"
11. In "The Last Battle", who stoops and touches the dwarves with his tongue?
12. In complaining about her looks, what did the author's mother say "don't fit?"
13. Three acts of God mentioned by the author that appear in scripture are the Exodus, the ___, and the entry into the Promised Land.
14. "For the last ____ years" of her life, the author's mother saw almost no one except immediate family.
15. Who made no new friends while living in New York for almost twenty years?
(a) Mrs. Buechner.
(b) Mrs. Frederick Buechner.
(c) The author.
(d) The author's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the doorway to healing and forgiveness?
2. What was in the bowl on top of the bureau in the room of the author's mother?
3. As the author's mother aged, she complained about her looks, saying her hair looked like what?
4. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
5. According to the author, what does God give us that helps us finish with the past and remove the power of the past to hurt us?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)