Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Last Battle", who stoops and touches the dwarves with his tongue?
2. The author describes his sick daughter's behavior as a way of striking out to be what?
(a) In control.
3. As the author's mother aged, she complained about her looks, saying her hair looked like what?
4. How old was the author when his mother made him feel like a traitor for writing the fictionalized "Ansel Gibbs" about his father's death?
5. In what language is the dedication written in "Godric?"
6. What does the author describe as the "living heart and command center" of his mother's room?
(a) Chaise Lounge.
(c) Dressing Table.
7. In telling his father's story as a child, who does Teddy represent in this story?
(a) The author's best friend.
(b) The author's father.
(c) The author.
(d) The author's brother.
8. The author said that he told his father's story both as the child "I was in 1936 and still am in ___."
9. Who wrote "The Last Battle?"
(a) Noel Coward.
(b) Frederick Buechner.
(c) C.S. Lewis.
(d) E.M. Forster.
10. According to the author, what is the doorway to healing and forgiveness?
11. The author's sick daughter was more afraid of what than death?
(a) Gaining weight.
(b) Coming home.
(c) Being rejected.
(d) Being hospitalized.
12. The author's mother lived to within how many days of her ninety-second birthday?
13. Where were the ashes of the author's father buried?
(c) Union City.
14. What was in the bowl on top of the bureau in the room of the author's mother?
(d) M & Ms.
15. What title did the author write when he was in his fifties and his mom was in her eighties?
(a) Now and Then.
(b) The Sacred Journey.
(c) Telling Secrets.
(d) The Return of Ansel Gibbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many failed marriages did the author's mother have after his father died?
2. In the mid 1970's, how may teenage children did the author have?
3. When the author's sick daughter had to be hospitalized, how many miles away was she?
4. In the room in which the author writes, how many pieces of stained glass sit in his windows?
5. To whom is the book "Godric" dedicated?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)