Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Introduction, the author tells us that this is his ___ venture into autobiography.
2. In the Introduction, how many books does the author mention that dealt with the headlines of his life?
3. How many years had the author been married by the mid 1970's?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. In "The Last Battle", who stoops and touches the dwarves with his tongue?
5. In complaining about her looks, what did the author's mother say "don't fit?"
6. As the author's mother aged, she complained about her looks, saying her hair looked like what?
7. What does the author describe as the "living heart and command center" of his mother's room?
(c) Chaise Lounge.
(d) Dressing Table.
8. On what street was the apartment in which the author's mother died?
9. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
(c) Home Making.
10. Three acts of God mentioned by the author that appear in scripture are the Exodus, the ___, and the entry into the Promised Land.
11. What place did the author see as an act of God in his life that he paralleled to the entry into the Promised Land?
12. When the dwarves are offered wine, what do they think it is?
(a) Tea with arsenic.
(d) Ditch water.
13. In telling his father's story as a child, who does Teddy represent in this story?
(a) The author.
(b) The author's best friend.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) The author's father.
14. After his father's suicide, where did the author's mom move the family?
(d) Cape Hatteras.
15. What did the author's mother use when she "struck to kill?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What renders distinctions between past, present and future meaningless, according to the author?
2. What is the title of the first autobiography written by the author?
3. In the mid 1970's, how may teenage children did the author have?
4. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
5. Losing track of our "____," according to the author, means being impoverished humanly and spiritually.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)