|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the woman who came nights but according to the author's mother was late because of the subway?
2. How many years after his father's suicide did the author write "The Return of Ansel Gibbs?"
3. When the dwarves are offered food, what do they think it is?
4. What did the author's mother use when she "struck to kill?"
5. What renders distinctions between past, present and future meaningless, according to the author?
6. In describing what he learned after his father's death, what does the author consider a means of grace?
7. In "Godric" what is the name of the father of the title character?
8. How many failed marriages did the author's mother have after his father died?
9. In Part One of the book, what was not a tradition in the Buechner family in relation to death?
(d) Last rites.
10. According to the author, what is the doorway to healing and forgiveness?
11. The author's mother lived to within how many days of her ninety-second birthday?
12. What does the author describe as the "living heart and command center" of his mother's room?
(b) Chaise Lounge.
(c) Dressing Table.
13. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
(b) Home Making.
14. Where were the ashes of the author's father buried?
(c) Union City.
15. Losing track of our "____," according to the author, means being impoverished humanly and spiritually.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title did the author write when he was in his fifties and his mom was in her eighties?
2. In what month during1936 did the author's father commit suicide?
3. To whom is the book "Godric" dedicated?
4. In the Introduction, what is the title of the book the author cites as dealing with the interior of his life?
5. When the dwarves are offered wine, what do they think it is?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)