|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the author's mother aged, she complained about her looks, saying her hair looked like what?
2. How old was the author when his mother made him feel like a traitor for writing the fictionalized "Ansel Gibbs" about his father's death?
3. To the author's mother, being beautiful was her ______.
4. How many failed marriages did the author's mother have after his father died?
5. The author's mother lived to within how many days of her ninety-second birthday?
6. In the room of the author's mother what kind of magazines are on her chaise lounge?
(b) Home Making.
7. In the Introduction, how many books does the author mention that dealt with the headlines of his life?
8. Where were the ashes of the author's father buried?
(d) Union City.
9. What fell behind the radiator and required that the building superintendent come to retrieve it?
(a) The pillow.
(b) The purse.
(c) The cane.
(d) The fan.
10. The author likens his mother, in her later years, to a millionaire who what?
(a) Wants to help everyone.
(b) Hoardes money.
(c) Runs out of money.
(d) Has to get a job.
11. According to the author, what is the doorway to healing and forgiveness?
12. On what street was the apartment in which the author's mother died?
13. After his father's suicide, where did the author's mom move the family?
(b) Cape Hatteras.
14. In the Introduction, the author tells us that this is his ___ venture into autobiography.
15. According to the author, what does God give us that helps us finish with the past and remove the power of the past to hurt us?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the dwarves are offered wine, what do they think it is?
2. How many years had the author been married by the mid 1970's?
3. Who tends to more publicly lose touch with themselves and with God, according to the author?
4. What was the name of the woman the author's mother had trouble understanding because of her thick accent?
5. When the dwarves are offered food, what do they think it is?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)