|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first autobiography written by the author?
(a) Now and Then.
(b) Telling Secrets.
(c) The Last Battle.
(d) The Sacred Journey.
2. What was the make of the family car used for the 1936 suicide?
3. In describing what he learned after his father's death, what does the author consider a means of grace?
4. On what street was the apartment in which the author's mother died?
5. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
(a) Kissable lips and golden hair.
(b) Blue eyes and golden hair.
(c) Wrinkle free and smooth skin.
(d) Clear eyes and blemish free skin.
6. How old was the author when his father committed suicide?
7. According to the author, what is the doorway to healing and forgiveness?
8. How old was the author when his mother made him feel like a traitor for writing the fictionalized "Ansel Gibbs" about his father's death?
9. According to the author, what does God give us that helps us finish with the past and remove the power of the past to hurt us?
10. In what language is the dedication written in "Godric?"
11. What is the title of the book written by Kahlil Gibran that is on the table next to the chaise lounge in the author's mother's room?
(a) The Last Battle
(b) Now and Then.
(c) Les Malheurs de Sophie.
(d) The Prophet.
12. To the author's mother, being beautiful was her ______.
13. In the Introduction, what is the title of the book the author cites as dealing with the interior of his life?
(b) The Sacred Journey.
(c) Now and Then.
(d) Telling Secrets.
14. What place did the author see as an act of God in his life that he paralleled to the entry into the Promised Land?
15. The author's sick daughter was more afraid of what than death?
(a) Being hospitalized.
(b) Gaining weight.
(c) Coming home.
(d) Being rejected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fell behind the radiator and required that the building superintendent come to retrieve it?
2. What renders distinctions between past, present and future meaningless, according to the author?
3. When the dwarves are offered wine, what do they think it is?
4. What does the author describe as the "living heart and command center" of his mother's room?
5. When the dwarves are offered food, what do they think it is?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)