|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street was the apartment in which the author's mother died?
2. In telling his father's story as a child, who does Teddy represent in this story?
(a) The author's brother.
(b) The author's best friend.
(c) The author.
(d) The author's father.
3. What condition made it almost impossible for the author's mom to walk during her last year of life?
(a) Arthritic knees.
(c) Fractured foot.
(d) Severely bowed-legs.
4. What was the make of the family car used for the 1936 suicide?
5. Three acts of God mentioned by the author that appear in scripture are the Exodus, the ___, and the entry into the Promised Land.
6. In what month during1936 did the author's father commit suicide?
7. The author said that he told his father's story both as the child "I was in 1936 and still am in ___."
8. How many failed marriages did the author's mother have after his father died?
9. What is the title of the first autobiography written by the author?
(a) The Sacred Journey.
(b) Telling Secrets.
(c) The Last Battle.
(d) Now and Then.
10. When the dwarves are offered wine, what do they think it is?
(c) Ditch water.
(d) Tea with arsenic.
11. What was the title of the lost book the author's mother hunted for in her room?
(a) The Last Battle.
(b) Les Malheurs de Sophie.
(c) Now and Then.
(d) Ansel Gibbs.
12. The author describes his sick daughter's behavior as a way of striking out to be what?
(c) In control.
13. To the author's mother, being beautiful was her ______.
14. What did the author's mother use when she "struck to kill?"
15. In the Introduction, who does the author quote regarding the definition for "story" versus "plot?"
(a) E.M. Forster.
(b) R. Kipling
(c) C.S. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the room in which the author writes, how many pieces of stained glass sit in his windows?
2. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
3. How old was the author when his father committed suicide?
4. In the Introduction, the author tells us that this is his ___ venture into autobiography.
5. In "Godric" what is the name of the father of the title character?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)