|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Basement Room.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of the author's mother-in-law?
2. What 6th century sainted hero did the author create and write about after St. Barnabas?
3. What was the title of the lost book the author's mother hunted for in her room?
(a) Ansel Gibbs.
(b) Les Malheurs de Sophie.
(c) Now and Then.
(d) The Last Battle.
4. Which was the employer of the driver who later gave the author the license plate with the encouraging word imprinted on it that the author saw passing on the road?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A church.
(d) A bank.
5. The author dreamed about a hotel where the desk clerk told him the name of the room to which he wanted to return is called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One of the book, what was not a tradition in the Buechner family in relation to death?
2. The author likens his mother, in her later years, to a millionaire who what?
3. Near the Atlantic Ocean, what place is a crazy place to live, according to the author?
4. The author describes his sick daughter's behavior as a way of striking out to be what?
5. The author quotes from what book of the bible about peace that passes all understanding?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)