|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Basement Room.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to themselves as the "last rose of summer?"
(a) Dorothy Parker.
(b) Mrs. Buechner.
(d) Mrs. Frederick Buechner.
2. The author describes his sick daughter's behavior as a way of striking out to be what?
(a) In control.
3. From one of the dialogues in Part Three of "Telling Secrets" what is the name of the author's brother?
4. What is the name of the St. Barnabas rector?
(a) Billy Graham.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) John Tillich.
(d) Robert MacFarlane.
5. The author's mother in law was a Christian ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character that the 6th century Irish saint caught as he lost his one-legged balance?
2. Whose view was it that "publishers publish writers rather than just books?"
3. The author quotes from what book of the bible about peace that passes all understanding?
4. What was in the bowl on top of the bureau in the room of the author's mother?
5. What hymn did the old nurse teach the author and his young brother?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)