|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Tower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the mid 1970's, how may teenage children did the author have?
2. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
(a) Wrinkle free and smooth skin.
(b) Clear eyes and blemish free skin.
(c) Blue eyes and golden hair.
(d) Kissable lips and golden hair.
3. Where did the author go to wait with a friend who got news about a family accident?
(b) Bus station.
(c) Train station.
(d) His home.
4. The author also read "A Testament of Devotion," written by _____.
(a) Thomas Kelly.
(b) Dorothy Parker.
(c) Noel Coward.
(d) Mary Strong.
5. The author's sick daughter was more afraid of what than death?
(a) Gaining weight.
(b) Being hospitalized.
(c) Being rejected.
(d) Coming home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman the author's mother had trouble understanding because of her thick accent?
2. What is the title of the book written by Kahlil Gibran that is on the table next to the chaise lounge in the author's mother's room?
3. In complaining about her looks, what did the author's mother say "don't fit?"
4. In what year was "Now and Then" written?
5. How old was the author when his mother made him feel like a traitor for writing the fictionalized "Ansel Gibbs" about his father's death?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)