|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Tower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that he has underlying questions, just like his sick daughter, about love, trust, fear, loss and _______.
2. What hymn did the old nurse teach the author and his young brother?
(a) What A Friend.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) The Old Rugged Cross.
(d) Battle Hymn of the Republic.
3. In what war was Dudley Knott a naval officer?
(a) The Hundred Years War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) The Great War.
4. The author lists what he calls "real" art as painting, music, dance, and ______.
5. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
(c) King Lear.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. The scripture passage in the beginning of Part Two of the book says that we were created in the likeness and image of who?
2. What is the title of the book written by Kahlil Gibran that is on the table next to the chaise lounge in the author's mother's room?
3. The author's mother lived to within how many days of her ninety-second birthday?
4. How old was the author when his father committed suicide?
5. In what month during1936 did the author's father commit suicide?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)