|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Tower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author and his brother lived in _____ they had a nurse who dropped her teeth at will.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New Jersey.
2. In relation to the White Tower, where does the author say he spent many of his dark days?
(a) In the Outer Ward.
(b) On the Tower Watch.
(c) In Little Ease.
(d) In the Chapel.
3. What title did the author write when he was in his fifties and his mom was in her eighties?
(a) The Sacred Journey.
(b) The Return of Ansel Gibbs.
(c) Now and Then.
(d) Telling Secrets.
4. When the author asked another of his atheist students what he have faith in, the student replied he had faith in ____.
5. Sitting on the side road, depressed about his sick child, what encouraging word did the author read on the license plate of a passing vehicle?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that he has underlying questions, just like his sick daughter, about love, trust, fear, loss and _______.
2. What did Knights of the Order of the Bath keep an all night vigil over the day before a king's coronation?
3. Which was the employer of the driver who later gave the author the license plate with the encouraging word imprinted on it that the author saw passing on the road?
4. The author describes his sick daughter's behavior as a way of striking out to be what?
5. What renders distinctions between past, present and future meaningless, according to the author?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)