|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Tower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the book "Godric" dedicated?
(a) A father.
(b) A sibling.
(c) A grandparent.
(d) A mother.
2. In Part One of the book, what was not a tradition in the Buechner family in relation to death?
(a) Last rites.
3. "For the last ____ years" of her life, the author's mother saw almost no one except immediate family.
4. When the author asked another of his atheist students what he have faith in, the student replied he had faith in ____.
5. What place did the author see as an act of God in his life that he paralleled to the entry into the Promised Land?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe as the "living heart and command center" of his mother's room?
2. Who refers to themselves as the "last rose of summer?"
3. In what year did the author's sick daughter finally graduate college?
4. How many years after his father's suicide did the author write "The Return of Ansel Gibbs?"
5. What Shakespeare reading assignment was objected to by the author's feminist students?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)