|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dwarves in the Stable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author when his father committed suicide?
2. What fell behind the radiator and required that the building superintendent come to retrieve it?
(a) The cane.
(b) The pillow.
(c) The fan.
(d) The purse.
3. What was the name of the woman who came nights but according to the author's mother was late because of the subway?
4. In complaining about her looks, what did the author's mother say "don't fit?"
5. Who made no new friends while living in New York for almost twenty years?
(a) Mrs. Buechner.
(b) Mrs. Frederick Buechner.
(c) The author.
(d) The author's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author describes his sick daughter's behavior as a way of striking out to be what?
2. How many failed marriages did the author's mother have after his father died?
3. In "The Last Battle", who stoops and touches the dwarves with his tongue?
4. What was the make of the family car used for the 1936 suicide?
5. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)