|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dwarves in the Stable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author said that he told his father's story both as the child "I was in 1936 and still am in ___."
2. How old was the author when his mother made him feel like a traitor for writing the fictionalized "Ansel Gibbs" about his father's death?
3. To the author's mother, being beautiful was her ______.
4. What did the author's mother use when she "struck to kill?"
5. Who wrote "The Last Battle?"
(a) E.M. Forster.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) Noel Coward.
(d) Frederick Buechner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author's mother lived to within how many days of her ninety-second birthday?
2. When the dwarves are offered food, what do they think it is?
3. In describing what he learned after his father's death, what does the author consider a means of grace?
4. On what street was the apartment in which the author's mother died?
5. According to the author, what is the doorway to healing and forgiveness?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)