|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dwarves in the Stable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author describes his sick daughter's behavior as a way of striking out to be what?
(a) In control.
2. In the Introduction, the author tells us that this is his ___ venture into autobiography.
3. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
(a) Clear eyes and blemish free skin.
(b) Kissable lips and golden hair.
(c) Wrinkle free and smooth skin.
(d) Blue eyes and golden hair.
4. When the dwarves are offered food, what do they think it is?
5. When the dwarves are offered wine, what do they think it is?
(b) Tea with arsenic.
(d) Ditch water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to themselves as the "last rose of summer?"
2. In describing what he learned after his father's death, what does the author consider a means of grace?
3. In complaining about her looks, what did the author's mother say "don't fit?"
4. What is the title of the first autobiography written by the author?
5. What fell behind the radiator and required that the building superintendent come to retrieve it?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)