|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dwarves in the Stable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Last Battle", who stoops and touches the dwarves with his tongue?
2. The author describes his sick daughter's behavior as a way of striking out to be what?
(a) In control.
3. Where were the ashes of the author's father buried?
(d) Union City.
4. What was the name of the woman the author's mother had trouble understanding because of her thick accent?
5. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
(a) Wrinkle free and smooth skin.
(b) Kissable lips and golden hair.
(c) Clear eyes and blemish free skin.
(d) Blue eyes and golden hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after his father's suicide did the author write "The Return of Ansel Gibbs?"
2. What did the author's mother use when she "struck to kill?"
3. In complaining about her looks, what did the author's mother say "don't fit?"
4. In the Introduction, who does the author quote regarding the definition for "story" versus "plot?"
5. To the author's mother, being beautiful was her ______.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)