|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dwarves in the Stable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author when his mother made him feel like a traitor for writing the fictionalized "Ansel Gibbs" about his father's death?
2. In "Godric" what is the name of the father of the title character?
3. In the Introduction, the author tells us that this is his ___ venture into autobiography.
4. In "The Last Battle", who stoops and touches the dwarves with his tongue?
5. What was the title of the lost book the author's mother hunted for in her room?
(a) Ansel Gibbs.
(b) The Last Battle.
(c) Now and Then.
(d) Les Malheurs de Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. "For the last ____ years" of her life, the author's mother saw almost no one except immediate family.
2. What was the name of the woman the author's mother had trouble understanding because of her thick accent?
3. In regards to beauty, the author's mother said you have a better chance of finding a lost cane again, than finding what?
4. In the Introduction, how many books does the author mention that dealt with the headlines of his life?
5. Where were the ashes of the author's father buried?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)