|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Basement Room.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hymn did the old nurse teach the author and his young brother?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) The Old Rugged Cross.
(c) Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(d) What A Friend.
2. In the Introduction, what is the title of the book the author cites as dealing with the interior of his life?
(a) The Sacred Journey.
(b) Telling Secrets.
(d) Now and Then.
3. What place of torment eventually becomes home if you live there long enough, according to the author?
(a) The Past.
(b) Little Ease.
(c) Your mind.
(d) The White Tower.
4. What is Dudley Knott's wife's name?
5. Whose view was it that "publishers publish writers rather than just books?"
(a) Clayton Carlson.
(b) John Tillich.
(c) Dudley Knott.
(d) James Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What publisher published the fictional 6th century saint's story in paperback?
2. Using dialogue writing to whom does the author say goodbye?
3. What illness did Dudley Knott battle just before the author met him and they became friends?
4. Which island shop had ceiling fans?
5. In "Godric" what is the name of the father of the title character?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)