|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dwarves in the Stable.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title did the author write when he was in his fifties and his mom was in her eighties?
(a) The Return of Ansel Gibbs.
(b) The Sacred Journey.
(c) Now and Then.
(d) Telling Secrets.
2. What was the name of the woman the author's mother had trouble understanding because of her thick accent?
3. In Part One of the book, what was not a tradition in the Buechner family in relation to death?
(a) Last rites.
4. When the dwarves are offered wine, what do they think it is?
(a) Tea with arsenic.
(d) Ditch water.
5. Who wrote "The Last Battle?"
(a) Noel Coward.
(b) E.M. Forster.
(c) C.S. Lewis.
(d) Frederick Buechner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Introduction, how many books does the author mention that dealt with the headlines of his life?
2. The author likens his mother, in her later years, to a millionaire who what?
3. Who tends to more publicly lose touch with themselves and with God, according to the author?
4. Who refers to themselves as the "last rose of summer?"
5. What is the title of the book the author wrote to tell the story of his father to a child?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)