|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Tower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street was the apartment in which the author's mother died?
2. In describing what he learned after his father's death, what does the author consider a means of grace?
3. The author's maternal grandmother was half old ____ and and half French-Swiss.
(b) New England.
4. Who wrote "The Last Battle?"
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) Frederick Buechner.
(c) E.M. Forster.
(d) Noel Coward.
5. What was the name of the woman the author's mother had trouble understanding because of her thick accent?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author lists what he calls "real" art as painting, music, dance, and ______.
2. What fell behind the radiator and required that the building superintendent come to retrieve it?
3. In what year did the author accept an invitation to teach at Harvard Divinity School?
4. "He who does not love remains in death" is quoted by the author from what book of the Bible?
5. The author read the "Letters of the Scattered Brotherhood," written by _____.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)