|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The White Tower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "The Man Who Was Thursday?"
(a) Noel Coward.
(b) Thomas Kelly.
(c) G.K. Chesterton.
(d) The author.
2. Who refers to themselves as the "last rose of summer?"
(a) Mrs. Buechner.
(b) Dorothy Parker.
(d) Mrs. Frederick Buechner.
3. In the 1950s, the author attended theological seminary in what city?
(a) Jersey City.
(c) New York.
4. How many years after attending theological seminary did the author started teaching at Harvard?
5. In the White Tower what has an heavy oak door?
(a) The Norman chapel.
(b) The palace.
(c) The Outer Ward.
(d) Little Ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Power and the Glory?"
2. "The Power and the Glory" dealt with what country in the 1930s?
3. What was the title of the lost book the author's mother hunted for in her room?
4. According to the author, what could you buy in the island shop called Trimingham's?
5. According to the author, besides himself, who else to some degree is like the White Tower?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)