|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Elizabeth and David in the B&T Paint van?
2. Who does Peter Flannery call when he sees the same news reports that Elizabeth sees?
3. Who does Elizabeth surprise in a public bathroom, proving that she's still alive after eight years of being thought dead?
4. What alias does Elizabeth use in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
5. Where is a strand of Rebecca Schayes's hair found, implicating David in her murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Forty-Five, what happens to Hoyt once he arrives at Griffin Scope's house?
2. Who is Lisa Sherman?
3. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what evidence do the police find at David's home incriminating him in the murder of Rebecca Schayes?
4. Why does Hester quit in Chapter Twenty-Four?
5. What does Tyrese give David in Chapter Twenty-Three and what does this foreshadow?
6. What incriminating actions does David take in Chapter Twenty-Four to evade arrest?
7. Who does David call for help in Chapter Twenty-Five and how does that person help him?
8. What plans does Elizabeth have for herself and David in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
9. Why does Carlson start to doubt David's guilt in Rebecca murder?
10. How does Hoyt Parker explain the discrepancies in Elizabeth's autopsy file to Carlson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss David's relationship with Elizabeth. What evidence is there in the novel that David loves Elizabeth and that she loves him? How do their feelings for each other complicate the plot of the story? How do their feelings for each other complicate each of their relationships with Hoyt Parker? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least three of the following female characters in Tell No One: Shauna, Linda, Elizabeth, Rebecca, and Hester. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the antagonists that David encounters in the novel: Larry Gandle, Eric Wu, Hoyt Parker, and Griffin Scope.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)