|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To who else does Linda say she has made her revelation?
2. To where does Tyrese take David in Chapter Twenty-Six?
3. Where is a strand of Rebecca Schayes's hair found, implicating David in her murder?
4. On the night of the attack on them at Lake Charmaine, what does Elizabeth think happens to David ?
5. Who is waiting for Elizabeth and David in the B&T Paint van?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tyrese give David in Chapter Twenty-Three and what does this foreshadow?
2. Who took the photos of Elizabeth with the bruises and who is responsible for Elizabeth's injuries in the photos?
3. What reason does Hoyt give David for taking him to Griffin Scope's house? What is his true reason?
4. Whose gun does the bullet that killed Brandon Scope match and what does that imply about Brandon's murderer?
5. What incriminating actions does David take in Chapter Twenty-Four to evade arrest?
6. What was Hoyt's role on the night of Elizabeth's supposed murder at Lake Charmaine and in her hiding out for the next eight years?
7. Whose body was identified as Elizabeth's and what discrepancies does Shauna note in the autopsy report to convince her that the body was not Elizabeth's?
8. What discrepancies does Carlson find in Elizabeth's autopsy file?
9. Why does Carlson start to doubt David's guilt in Rebecca murder?
10. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what evidence do the police find at David's home incriminating him in the murder of Rebecca Schayes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the scene in Tell No One with Vic Letty and the author's use of indirect characterization in it. What does Letty's fate reveal about Larry Gandle? What does Letty's fate reveal about Eric Wu? What does Letty's fate reveal about Griffin Scope? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the subplots in the novel. Explain how each subplot relates to the main plot and how it contributes to characterization in the novel. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the law enforcement officer characters in the story: Sheriff Lowell, Special Agent Nick Carlson, Special Agent Tom Stone, and Hoyt Parker. Do any of them seem unbiased in their investigations, or do they seem eager to find evidence that incriminates David? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)