|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth surprise in a public bathroom, proving that she's still alive after eight years of being thought dead?
2. From what medical school does David graduate?
3. To whose house does Tyrese take David in Chapter Forty-One?
4. When David asks Shauna to help document his alibi for his whereabouts on the night of Rebecca Schayes's murder, who does he think people at the place he was at on that night will remember seeing with him?
5. Who is Melvin Bartola?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Melvin Bartola and what is his tie to Elizabeth and to David?
2. How does Hoyt Parker explain the discrepancies in Elizabeth's autopsy file to Carlson?
3. What incriminating actions does David take in Chapter Twenty-Four to evade arrest?
4. What alibi does David have for the night of Rebecca's murder and how does he try to prove that alibi?
5. Who is Lisa Sherman?
6. Who does David call for help in Chapter Twenty-Five and how does that person help him?
7. Whose body was identified as Elizabeth's and what discrepancies does Shauna note in the autopsy report to convince her that the body was not Elizabeth's?
8. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what evidence do the police find at David's home incriminating him in the murder of Rebecca Schayes?
9. Whose gun does the bullet that killed Brandon Scope match and what does that imply about Brandon's murderer?
10. Who reunites David with Elizabeth and what role did he have in saving David's life on the night of Elizabeth's disappearance from Lake Charmaine eight years earlier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A number of red herrings appear in Tell No One. Discuss at least three examples of red herrings from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of family in Tell No One. What do you think the author is trying to say about family in American society through this novel? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least three of the following female characters in Tell No One: Shauna, Linda, Elizabeth, Rebecca, and Hester. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)