|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses the alias Sarah Goodhart?
2. When David rushes back to the dock at the end of the prologue, what happens to him?
3. Why does David call Briggs Penitentiary in Chapter Fourteen?
4. Why does David think Hoyt disapproves of him?
5. What does Kim ask David when he visits her in Chapter Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is David's relationship with Shauna?
2. What does Shauna demonstrate to David at DigiCom in Chapter Sixteen and why does she arrange for the demonstration?
3. What happens to Rebecca Schayes in Chapter Nineteen, and why is she targeted?
4. Where does David take his dog, Chloe, in Chapter Nineteen and what information does he glean from a computer there?
5. Who is Griffin Scope, and what are his ties to the community in which David lives?
6. What has happened to Brandon Scope and what is Linda's tie to the Scope family?
7. Who is Tyrese Barton, and why is he loyally devoted to David?
8. Who is Sarah Goodhart and why does the FBI want to know about her?
9. Who is Killroy and what tie does he supposedly have to Elizabeth?
10. Why does Shauna hire Hester Crimstein, and about what does Hester warn Shauna in Chapter Thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tell No One takes place in present day New York. Discuss how the geographical and chronological setting affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Harlan Coben had set the novel in Atlanta during the Civil War instead. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how he depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss David's relationship with Elizabeth. What evidence is there in the novel that David loves Elizabeth and that she loves him? How do their feelings for each other complicate the plot of the story? How do their feelings for each other complicate each of their relationships with Hoyt Parker? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)