|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a discrepancy Carlson finds in Elizabeth's autopsy file in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Elizabeth has defensive wounds, unlike previous victims.
(b) Elizabeth's body was burned.
(c) There are no photos in the file.
(d) Elizabeth was branded after death, unlike other victims.
2. Who shows up at Shauna and Linda's apartment in Chapter Twenty-Two, wanting to ask them about David?
(a) Sheriff Lowell and two of his deputies.
(b) Eric Wu.
(c) Two FBI agents.
(d) Larry Gandle.
3. Who reunites David with Elizabeth by leading David to his wife?
(d) Jeremiah Renway.
4. To whose house does Tyrese take David in Chapter Forty-One?
(d) Melvin Bartola's.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe David's experience hiding in a dumpster from the police?
(a) A rat runs across his leg.
(b) He smells sour millk.
(c) He hides in the least foul-smelling dumpster.
(d) The police spot him in the dumpster and handcuff him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Raisa Markov?
2. In Chapter Twenty-Two, who tells the police that Rebecca had a conversation with David the night she was killed?
3. Why is David's father murdered?
4. How does Tyrese get David into Peter Flannery's office quickly?
5. Why does Elizabeth give the key to her safety deposit box to the men who attack her and David at Lake Charmaine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carlson start to doubt David's guilt in Rebecca murder?
2. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what evidence do the police find at David's home incriminating him in the murder of Rebecca Schayes?
3. Whose body was identified as Elizabeth's and what discrepancies does Shauna note in the autopsy report to convince her that the body was not Elizabeth's?
4. Who does David call for help in Chapter Twenty-Five and how does that person help him?
5. In Chapter Forty-Five, what happens to Hoyt once he arrives at Griffin Scope's house?
6. When Hester calls David to alert him of his impending arrest, why doesn't David want to surrender?
7. What incriminating actions does David take in Chapter Twenty-Four to evade arrest?
8. What personal information does Wu share with Gandle in Chapter Twenty-Seven and how does Gandle respond?
9. How does Hoyt Parker explain the discrepancies in Elizabeth's autopsy file to Carlson?
10. Who is Melvin Bartola and what is his tie to Elizabeth and to David?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)