|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does David fall in Chapter Twenty-Five while evading the police?
(a) A manhole.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A ditch.
(d) An abandoned well.
2. Who kills Griffin Scope and Hoyt?
3. In Chapter Thirty-Six, what does Griffin Scope tell Larry Gandle he has failed to do once, but will not let happen a second time?
(a) To win the local mayoral election.
(b) To kill Elizabeth.
(c) To kill David.
(d) To protect Brandon.
4. What revelation does Linda make to Shauna in Chapter Thirty-Seven?
(a) Elizabeth is alive.
(b) Linda is in love with Hoyt.
(c) Linda took the photos of Elizabeth with all the bruises.
(d) Linda is Rebecca's killer.
5. Who tells David he saved David's life by pulling him out of the lake eight years earlier?
(a) Griffin Scope.
(b) Jeremiah Renway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Hoyt not told David the truth about Elizabeth in the eight years Elizabeth has been gone?
2. Who is Lance Fein?
3. Who shoots and kills one of the men who helps Eric Wu abduct David?
4. Who is Amadou Diallo?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe David's experience hiding in a dumpster from the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans does Tyrese have for moving out of New York?
2. Who is Melvin Bartola and what is his tie to Elizabeth and to David?
3. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what evidence do the police find at David's home incriminating him in the murder of Rebecca Schayes?
4. What personal information does Wu share with Gandle in Chapter Twenty-Seven and how does Gandle respond?
5. What proposal does Hester make to District Attorney Lance Fein for clearing David of all charges?
6. Who does David call for help in Chapter Twenty-Five and how does that person help him?
7. Why does Carlson start to doubt David's guilt in Rebecca murder?
8. What incriminating actions does David take in Chapter Twenty-Four to evade arrest?
9. What alibi does David have for the night of Rebecca's murder and how does he try to prove that alibi?
10. Whose body was identified as Elizabeth's and what discrepancies does Shauna note in the autopsy report to convince her that the body was not Elizabeth's?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)