|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eric Wu say his mother died?
(a) He poisoned her.
(b) She had a stroke.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She was hanged as a spy.
2. Who moves Brandon's corpse from the place in which his murder occurred to where it is found by the police?
(d) Jeremiah Renway.
3. Who was arrested for Brandon Scope's murder?
(a) Jeremiah Renway.
(b) Eric Wu.
(c) Larry Gandle.
(d) Helio Gonzalez.
4. At the beginning of Chapter Twenty-Nine, how does Elizabeth disguise herself for her meeting with David?
(a) With tinted contact lenses and a brunette wig.
(b) With a wheelchair and gray dye in her hair.
(c) With male clothing and a fake mustache.
(d) With a blonde wig, glasses, and dental implants.
5. Which of the following is not a discrepancy Carlson finds in Elizabeth's autopsy file in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Elizabeth was branded after death, unlike other victims.
(b) Elizabeth has defensive wounds, unlike previous victims.
(c) There are no photos in the file.
(d) Elizabeth's body was burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whose murder do the police want to arrest David in Chapter Twenty-Three?
2. What tape does Griffin Scope play for Hoyt after Hoyt tells him who murdered Brandon?
3. What problem does Mark develop in Chapter Twenty-Two because of the tension between Linda and Shauna?
4. Who is waiting for Elizabeth and David in the B&T Paint van?
5. Who cheers David on while he's running from the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Stone give Carlson for leaving Elizabeth's murder alone and who may have influenced this decision?
2. In Chapter Twenty-Two, what evidence do the police find at David's home incriminating him in the murder of Rebecca Schayes?
3. Who do Gandle and Wu kidnap in Chapter Forty-Two and how does this affect David?
4. Whose gun does the bullet that killed Brandon Scope match and what does that imply about Brandon's murderer?
5. Whose body was identified as Elizabeth's and what discrepancies does Shauna note in the autopsy report to convince her that the body was not Elizabeth's?
6. What does Tyrese give David in Chapter Twenty-Three and what does this foreshadow?
7. Who is Lisa Sherman?
8. What incriminating actions does David take in Chapter Twenty-Four to evade arrest?
9. Who does David call for help in Chapter Twenty-Five and how does that person help him?
10. What was Hoyt's role on the night of Elizabeth's supposed murder at Lake Charmaine and in her hiding out for the next eight years?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)