|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is hiding in the woods near Lake Charmaine because of his involvement in an explosion at Easter State University's chemistry lab years earlier?
(a) Edward Gordon.
(b) Stephen Monroe.
(c) Brandon Scope.
(d) Jeremiah Renway.
2. Who is T. J.?
(a) One of Griffin Scope's hired thugs.
(b) A young patient of David's with hemophilia.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A man Vic Letty is blackmailing.
3. Why does Shauna show David the video in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) To take his mind off his woes about Elizabeth.
(b) To show him Elizabeth's real killer.
(c) To show him the video of Elizabeth is likely a hoax.
(d) To blackmail him.
4. What language does the nurse who cares for David's grandfather speak in addition to English?
5. Who heads up the charity having the event in Chapter Seven?
(a) Allison Scope.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Twelve, who does Hester believe will be going after David with phone taps and surveillance?
2. What is Mark's relationship to David?
3. In Chapter Nineteen, who does David take for a walk after Shauna leaves?
4. How did David's father, Stephen Beck, die?
5. What are the first names of Carlson and Stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Vic Letty murdered and what does his murder indicate about Griffin Scope, the man responsible for hiring his killers?
2. What is David's profession and how is his work life a penance for not being able to save Elizabeth?
3. Who is Jeremiah Renway, and what is his tie to Elizabeth's murder?
4. When David has trouble logging onto the Internet link sent to him in Chapter Seventeen, what conclusion does he come to and what possible explanation does Shauna offer?
5. Why does David ask Hoyt about the day he identified Elizabeth's body and what condition the body was in at the time, and what does Hoyt's evasiveness about these questions imply?
6. Who is Killroy and what tie does he supposedly have to Elizabeth?
7. Why does Shauna hire Hester Crimstein, and about what does Hester warn Shauna in Chapter Thirteen?
8. What information does Rebecca Schayes reveal to David in Chapter Twelve about Elizabeth's supposed car wreck?
9. What information does Sheriff Lowell reveal to David and Linda in Chapter Two and what does this information imply?
10. What information does medical examiner Timothy Harper provide David in Chapter Twenty-One?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)