|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Twelve, who does Hester believe will be going after David with phone taps and surveillance?
(a) Griffin Scope.
(b) Sheriff Lowell.
(c) The FBI.
2. In which city did Griffin Scope attend public school as a child?
(a) Coral Gables.
3. What has the man hiding in the woods near Lake Charmaine witnessed?
(a) The attack on David and Elizabeth.
(b) Brandon Scope's murder.
(c) A drug deal involving Tyrese.
(d) A drug deal involving Brandon Scope.
4. In Chapter Thirteen, who do Carlson and Stone tell Hoyt they think is Elizabeth's killer instead of KillRoy?
(a) Griffin Scope.
5. What is the section of town in which David works?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) Washington Heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who identifies Elizabeth's body when she is supposedly murdered?
2. What occasion do David Beck and his wife, Elizabeth, go to Lake Charmaine every year to commemorate?
3. Why does Vic Letty walk with a limp?
4. Why does David think Hoyt disapproves of him?
5. Who offers to find David an attorney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is David's profession and how is his work life a penance for not being able to save Elizabeth?
2. Why is Vic Letty murdered and what does his murder indicate about Griffin Scope, the man responsible for hiring his killers?
3. Who is Sarah Goodhart and why does the FBI want to know about her?
4. What information does Sheriff Lowell reveal to David and Linda in Chapter Two and what does this information imply?
5. Why does David ask Hoyt about the day he identified Elizabeth's body and what condition the body was in at the time, and what does Hoyt's evasiveness about these questions imply?
6. What has happened to Brandon Scope and what is Linda's tie to the Scope family?
7. Who is Griffin Scope, and what are his ties to the community in which David lives?
8. What is David's relationship with Shauna?
9. When David has trouble logging onto the Internet link sent to him in Chapter Seventeen, what conclusion does he come to and what possible explanation does Shauna offer?
10. Why is Larry Gandle upset about the two bodies discovered at Lake Charmaine?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)