|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do for a living?
(a) He's a professor.
(b) He's a pediatrician.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a musician.
2. What does Rebecca tell David about Elizabeth's auto accident?
(a) It never occurred.
(b) Rebecca was driving under the influence of alcohol.
(c) Elizabeth drove into a fire hydrant.
(d) Griffin Scope forced Elizabeth's car off the road.
3. How affluent is the part of town in which David works?
(a) It's a middle-class, professional community.
(b) It's impoverished.
(c) It's where millionaires live.
(d) It's a blue-collar community.
4. How did David's father, Stephen Beck, die?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He drowned at Lake Charmaine.
(c) In a car crash.
(d) He was shot by Griffin Scope.
5. What does Eric Wu put on the floor of Rebecca Schayes's studio?
(a) A throw rug.
(b) His leftovers from lunch.
(c) An empty coffee cup.
(d) A plastic drop cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who awaits Vic Letty in his home when he returns from checking his mailbox?
2. Who is hiding in the woods near Lake Charmaine because of his involvement in an explosion at Easter State University's chemistry lab years earlier?
3. From what disease does Larry Gandle suffer?
4. In what state is Lake Charmaine located?
5. What charity event does Griffin Scope attend in Chapter Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange email message does David get in Chapter One, and what does this message indicate?
2. What happens to Rebecca Schayes in Chapter Nineteen, and why is she targeted?
3. Why is Larry Gandle upset about the two bodies discovered at Lake Charmaine?
4. Discuss David Beck's romantic history with his wife Elizabeth Parker Beck.
5. What information does Rebecca Schayes reveal to David in Chapter Twelve about Elizabeth's supposed car wreck?
6. Why does David want to see KillRoy?
7. Who is Peter Flannery, and why does David schedule an appointment with him?
8. Describe what happens to David and Elizabeth at Lake Charmaine eight years before Chapter One of the book begins.
9. Where does David take his dog, Chloe, in Chapter Nineteen and what information does he glean from a computer there?
10. Who is Sarah Goodhart and why does the FBI want to know about her?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)