|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Two, who tells the police that Rebecca had a conversation with David the night she was killed?
(a) Gary Lamont.
(c) Arturo Ramirez.
2. To whose house does Tyrese take David in Chapter Forty-One?
(c) Melvin Bartola's.
3. How does Eric Wu say his mother died?
(a) He poisoned her.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She had a stroke.
(d) She was hanged as a spy.
4. Why does Elizabeth have an e-ticket for her flight to Africa rather than a regular ticket?
(a) She thinks e-tickets are more anonymous.
(b) So she can check in without having to talk to anyone.
(c) So she can prove her computer knowledge to David.
(d) She thinks e-tickets are cheaper.
5. Who cheers David on while he's running from the police?
(a) Shauna and Linda.
(b) A crowd of African-American teenagers.
(c) Hoyt and Kim.
(d) His neighbors.
6. To where does Tyrese take David in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) To New Jersey.
(b) To an abandoned warehouse.
(c) To a crack house.
(d) To Canada.
7. Why does David tell Shauna to use Old Man Teddy's phone?
(a) It's a coded message to meet at Roosevelt Park.
(b) He thinks her line is bugged.
(c) He thinks the police are about to raid her apartment.
(d) Shauna doesn't have a phone of her own.
8. Who was arrested for Brandon Scope's murder?
(a) Larry Gandle.
(b) Jeremiah Renway.
(c) Helio Gonzalez.
(d) Eric Wu.
9. To whom do the police give a courtesy call to announce their intent to arrest David?
(b) Hester Crimstein.
10. Who is Amadou Diallo?
(a) A psychiatrist who examines David for the police.
(b) A police officer who chases David.
(c) A friend of Hoyt's.
(d) An unarmed man shot by police for reaching for his wallet.
11. Who reunites David with Elizabeth by leading David to his wife?
(a) Jeremiah Renway.
12. Who is Brandon Scope's real killer?
13. Why did Hoyt decide to make it appear that Elizabeth was dead after the attack on her at Lake Charmaine?
(a) To collect money from her life insurance company.
(b) To stop Griffin Scope from hurting others to find her.
(c) To get her away from David.
(d) To collect money from Griffin Scope for her death.
14. Why has Hoyt not told David the truth about Elizabeth in the eight years Elizabeth has been gone?
(a) He feared bringing danger to the entire family.
(b) He didn't trust David to keep the secret.
(c) He wanted to break up David and Elizabeth's marriage.
(d) He feared David would lead Griffin Scope to Elizabeth.
15. To who else does Linda say she has made her revelation?
(a) To Carlson.
(b) To Hester Crimstein.
(c) To David.
(d) To Hoyt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth discover about Brandon Scope while working alongside him at his charity?
2. Who does Peter Flannery call when he sees the same news reports that Elizabeth sees?
3. Who is Brutus?
4. Who is Ken?
5. Who moves Brandon's corpse from the place in which his murder occurred to where it is found by the police?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)