|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose jaw does David break at the end of Chapter Twenty-Four?
(a) Nick Carlson's.
(c) A policeman's.
(d) Jeremiah Renway's.
2. What kind of charitable work did Brandon Scope do?
(a) He worked with a homeless shelter.
(b) He helped an orphanage.
(c) He supported an animal shelter.
(d) He worked with drug addicts and impoverished teens.
3. Why does David tell Shauna to use Old Man Teddy's phone?
(a) He thinks the police are about to raid her apartment.
(b) Shauna doesn't have a phone of her own.
(c) He thinks her line is bugged.
(d) It's a coded message to meet at Roosevelt Park.
4. Why does Elizabeth take a taxi to the airport from the park without letting David know she is there to meet him?
(a) She gets knocked unconscious by Griffin Scope's thugs.
(b) She fears her presence endangers David.
(c) She doesn't recognize David since he is in disguise.
(d) She no longer loves David.
5. Who is Lance Fein?
(a) One of Sheriff Lowell's deputies.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) The assistant district attorney.
(d) A pediatrician who works with David at the clinic.
6. Who shouts "Himmler likes tuna steak" several times at David?
(a) A policeman.
(d) A mentally ill homeless man.
7. What tape does Griffin Scope play for Hoyt after Hoyt tells him who murdered Brandon?
(a) A tape of the attack on Elizabeth and David.
(b) A tape of one of Tyrese's drug deals.
(c) A tape of Hoyt admitting that he killed Brandon.
(d) A tape of Elizabeth saying she murdered Brandon.
8. At the beginning of Chapter Twenty-Nine, how does Elizabeth disguise herself for her meeting with David?
(a) With a wheelchair and gray dye in her hair.
(b) With a blonde wig, glasses, and dental implants.
(c) With male clothing and a fake mustache.
(d) With tinted contact lenses and a brunette wig.
9. Why do the FBI agents insist on videotaping their search of David's house?
(a) He doesn't trust his men to do an adequate job.
(b) He wants to use it as a training tape for other FBI agents.
(c) He wants to have a record for the media.
(d) So Hester Crimstein won't question the search's legality.
10. Who is Brutus?
(a) An FBI agent trailing David.
(b) One of the two dead men found at Lake Charmaine.
(c) One of Griffin Scope's hired thugs.
(d) The driver who accompanies Tyrese to pick up David.
11. Who shows up at Shauna and Linda's apartment in Chapter Twenty-Two, wanting to ask them about David?
(a) Eric Wu.
(b) Sheriff Lowell and two of his deputies.
(c) Larry Gandle.
(d) Two FBI agents.
12. Who shoots and kills one of the men who helps Eric Wu abduct David?
13. Who is waiting for Elizabeth and David in the B&T Paint van?
(a) Hoyt and Kim.
(b) Shauna and Lisa.
(c) Eric Wu and Larry Gandle.
(d) The FBI.
14. To whose house does Tyrese take David in Chapter Forty-One?
(a) Melvin Bartola's.
15. Which of the following is not a reason Hester quits her job as David's attorney?
(a) David's run and seeming guilt will taint the jury pool.
(b) David's flight ruins Hester's credibility with the DA.
(c) David's flight from the police makes him look guilty.
(d) For the publicity it will bring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eric Wu abduct in Chapter Forty-Two?
2. Who calls David at the end of Chapter Forty-Three just as he is reunited with Elizabeth?
3. Why does Elizabeth have an e-ticket for her flight to Africa rather than a regular ticket?
4. Who reunites David with Elizabeth by leading David to his wife?
5. Why is Brandon Scope killed?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)