|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the FBI agents insist on videotaping their search of David's house?
(a) He wants to have a record for the media.
(b) He doesn't trust his men to do an adequate job.
(c) So Hester Crimstein won't question the search's legality.
(d) He wants to use it as a training tape for other FBI agents.
2. How does Carlson get Shauna to talk to him about David?
(a) He pays her a large bribe.
(b) He says he thinks David is innocent.
(c) He disguises himself as a reporter.
(d) He disguises himself as a defense attorney.
3. To who else does Linda say she has made her revelation?
(a) To Carlson.
(b) To David.
(c) To Hester Crimstein.
(d) To Hoyt.
4. What does Elizabeth discover when she checks with directory assistance after seeing the B&T Paint van in the park?
(a) There's no such company as B&T Paint.
(b) The phone has been disconnected.
(c) The company is in Florida.
(d) The company is in Canada.
5. Who kills Griffin Scope and Hoyt?
6. Who is Brandon Scope's real killer?
7. Why does David tell Shauna to use Old Man Teddy's phone?
(a) He thinks the police are about to raid her apartment.
(b) He thinks her line is bugged.
(c) It's a coded message to meet at Roosevelt Park.
(d) Shauna doesn't have a phone of her own.
8. Who does Peter Flannery call when he sees the same news reports that Elizabeth sees?
(b) Griffin Scope.
(c) The district attorney.
(d) Hester Crimstein.
9. In Chapter Thirty-Six, what does Griffin Scope tell Larry Gandle he has failed to do once, but will not let happen a second time?
(a) To win the local mayoral election.
(b) To protect Brandon.
(c) To kill Elizabeth.
(d) To kill David.
10. Why was the person arrested for Brandon Scope's murder eventually freed?
(a) Evidence of his innocence was found.
(b) Elizabeth provided his alibi.
(c) Griffin Scope demanded it.
(d) His lawyer got the charges dropped on a legal loophole.
11. Why is Brandon Scope killed?
(a) He is killed by a jealous lover.
(b) He is killed to prevent him from testifying in court.
(c) He is killed in self-defense when he tries to kill David.
(d) He is killed in a botched robbery.
12. Who has Tyrese listed as the executor of his will?
13. Who shows up at Shauna and Linda's apartment in Chapter Twenty-Two, wanting to ask them about David?
(a) Eric Wu.
(b) Larry Gandle.
(c) Sheriff Lowell and two of his deputies.
(d) Two FBI agents.
14. How much does David have to pay the old woman with a gun in Chapter Twenty-Five to use her phone?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) A dime.
(c) A dollar.
(d) Fifty dollars.
15. How does Eric Wu say his mother died?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She was hanged as a spy.
(c) She had a stroke.
(d) He poisoned her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose gun does the bullet that killed Bandon Scope match?
2. In Chapter Forty-Four, who does Hoyt say killed Brandon Scope?
3. What does Elizabeth discover about Brandon Scope while working alongside him at his charity?
4. Why did Hoyt decide to make it appear that Elizabeth was dead after the attack on her at Lake Charmaine?
5. Who reunites David with Elizabeth by leading David to his wife?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)