|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What varsity sport did Elizabeth play in high school?
2. What do people in David's community whisper about his father, Stephen's, death?
(a) That it had been faked and Stephen was still alive.
(b) That the police had covered up the truth about it.
(c) That it was murder.
(d) That it was suicide.
3. What occasion do David Beck and his wife, Elizabeth, go to Lake Charmaine every year to commemorate?
(a) The anniversary of their first kiss.
(b) Elizabeth's birthday.
(c) Their first wedding anniversary.
(d) David's birthday.
4. Why does David think Hoyt disapproves of him?
(a) Because he drinks too much.
(b) Because Hoyt preferred another of Elizabeth's suitors.
(c) Because he's not rich.
(d) Because he didn't keep Elizabeth safe at Lake Charmaine.
5. How does David help bring about Tyrese's release and prove his innocence?
(a) He proves T. J. has hemophila and hasn't been abused.
(b) He witnesses the accident and knows Tyrese isinnocent.
(c) He knows Tyrese is being framed and proves it.
(d) He proves Tyrese has no alcohol in his blood.
6. What does the subject line of the email David receives in Chapter One contain?
(a) A threat to David.
(b) David and Elizabeth's initials.
(c) A line from an old love song that Elizabeth favored.
(d) David's bank account number.
7. At the beginning of Chapter Twelve, who does Hester believe will be going after David with phone taps and surveillance?
(a) Sheriff Lowell.
(b) Griffin Scope.
(d) The FBI.
8. How much time elapses between the end of the prologue and Chapter One of the novel?
(a) Eight years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
9. In what law enforcement agency does Larry Gandle have a source relaying him information about David?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The sheriff's office.
(c) The ATF.
(d) The local police.
10. What is Kim's relationship to Elizabeth?
(a) She's Elizabeth's best friend.
(b) She's Elizabeth's mother.
(c) She's Elizabeth's former college roommate.
(d) She's Elizabeth's twin sister.
11. What does KillRoy brand onto all of his victims?
(a) His name.
(b) A skull and crossbones.
(c) A cross.
(d) The letter K.
12. Why does David call Briggs Penitentiary in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He wants to hire someone to kill Hoyt.
(b) He wants to turn himself in.
(c) He wants to meet KillRoy and question him about Elizabeth.
(d) He wants to hire someone to kill Griffin Scope.
13. What does Hoyt Parker do for a living?
(a) He's an artist.
(b) He's a psychologist.
(c) He's a mortgage loan officer.
(d) He's a policeman.
14. In Chapter Nineteen, who does David take for a walk after Shauna leaves?
(a) Sheriff Lowell.
(b) T. J.
15. Who is Timothy Harper?
(a) One of David's young patients.
(b) The prosecuting attorney charging David with murder.
(c) The county medical examiner.
(d) One of the two dead men found at Lake Charmaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's relationship with Shauna?
2. Who is Gary Lamont?
3. Who monitors David's email messages, unknown to David?
4. What word is always used in describing Griffin Scope?
5. What does Shauna do for a living?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)