|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vic Letty walk with a limp?
(a) He was burned in a fire that left his leg permanently injured.
(b) To disguise himself.
(c) His leg was injured in a car wreck.
(d) He was wounded in battle in the army.
2. Why does David have to take a DNA test in Chapter Three?
(a) To see if he is the father of Shauna's baby.
(b) To see if his blood matches that on the bat found at the lake.
(c) To see if he killed Elizabeth.
(d) To see if he has a hereditary disease.
3. In which city did Griffin Scope attend public school as a child?
(b) Coral Gables.
4. With whom does David share a home?
(a) His grandfather.
5. What video does Shauna show David in Chapter 16?
(a) A video of Tyrese.
(b) A video of Lake Charmaine.
(c) A digitally altered video of the film Casablanca.
(d) A video of Brandon Scope's murder.
6. What defense attorney represents David?
(a) Lance Fein.
(b) Franklin Carver.
(c) Hester Crimstein.
(d) Jefferson Whitney.
7. How much time elapses between the end of the prologue and Chapter One of the novel?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Eight years.
8. What photos do Carlson and Stone show Kim and Hoyt?
(a) Photos of Jeremiah Renway.
(b) Photos of Eric Wu.
(c) Photos of a bruised and battered Elizabeth.
(d) Photos of David killing Rebecca.
9. What are the first names of Carlson and Stone?
(a) Ed and Kirk.
(b) Carl and Rick.
(c) Bob and Steve.
(d) Nick and Tom.
10. What is Kim's relationship to Elizabeth?
(a) She's Elizabeth's former college roommate.
(b) She's Elizabeth's mother.
(c) She's Elizabeth's twin sister.
(d) She's Elizabeth's best friend.
11. Why does David call Briggs Penitentiary in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) He wants to hire someone to kill Hoyt.
(b) He wants to meet KillRoy and question him about Elizabeth.
(c) He wants to turn himself in.
(d) He wants to hire someone to kill Griffin Scope.
12. What mysterious initials does David find in Elizabeth's day planner in Chapter Fourteen?
13. In Chapter Nineteen, who insists that David leave Chloe outside when he enters the business at midnight?
(a) The Home Depot clerk.
(b) The Walmart security guard.
(c) The clerk inside the Kinko's.
(d) The Taco Bell waitress.
14. Who offers to find David an attorney?
15. What does David do for a living?
(a) He's a professor.
(b) He's a lawyer.
(c) He's a pediatrician.
(d) He's a musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tyrese arrested the first time David met him?
2. From what disease does Larry Gandle suffer?
3. Who is Gary Lamont?
4. Which of the following statements is not in the email message David gets at the end of Chapter Nineteen?
5. What do people in David's community whisper about his father, Stephen's, death?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)