|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six through Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the section of town in which David works?
(b) Washington Heights.
(c) The Bronx.
2. Why does Vic Letty walk with a limp?
(a) He was burned in a fire that left his leg permanently injured.
(b) To disguise himself.
(c) He was wounded in battle in the army.
(d) His leg was injured in a car wreck.
3. In Chapter Six, why doesn't David tell Hoyt about the mysterious email and Internet link he has received?
(a) The email warns him to tell no one.
(b) He doesn't want to upset Hoyt or Kim.
(c) He fears the email was a hoax.
(d) He thinks Hoyt won't believe him or will think he's crazy.
4. What do David and Elizabeth carve in the tree at Lake Charmaine?
(a) A cupid and their first names.
(b) A heart and their first names.
(c) A love poem.
(d) Their initials and a line for every year they've been together.
5. For what company does Vic Letty work?
(a) The post office.
(b) Howard's Plumbing.
(c) The electric company.
(d) The cable company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kim ask David when he visits her in Chapter Six?
2. What is Mark's relationship to David?
3. When David dives into the lake for a swim in the novel's prologue, what does he hear?
4. When David rushes back to the dock at the end of the prologue, what happens to him?
5. What does the subject line of the email David receives in Chapter One contain?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)