Introduction through Chapter Five
1. In what state is Lake Charmaine located?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
2. Who owns Lake Charmaine and the land surrounding it?
(b) Elizabeth's parents.
(c) David's grandfather.
(d) Griffin Scope.
3. What occasion do David Beck and his wife, Elizabeth, go to Lake Charmaine every year to commemorate?
(a) Their first wedding anniversary.
(b) Elizabeth's birthday.
(c) The anniversary of their first kiss.
(d) David's birthday.
4. What do David and Elizabeth carve in the tree at Lake Charmaine?
(a) Their initials and a line for every year they've been together.
(b) A heart and their first names.
(c) A love poem.
(d) A cupid and their first names.
5. When David dives into the lake for a swim in the novel's prologue, what does he hear?
(a) An owl hoot.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A car crash.
(d) Elizabeth screaming.
6. When David rushes back to the dock at the end of the prologue, what happens to him?
(a) He's hit on the back of the head and knocked unconscious.
(b) He's attacked by a doberman.
(c) He's stabbed.
(d) He's shot in the chest.
This section contains 4,991 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)