|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
2. To what age has Ged reverted to?
3. Who was Lebannen?
4. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
5. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
2. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
3. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
4. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
5. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
6. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
7. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
8. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
9. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
10. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Tenar's own life journey. Explain how she was educated and why. What happened to her training after she left Ogion, and how did he feel about that?
Essay Topic 2
Ged asks Tenar why they allowed Therru to live. Explain why he questioned the decision, and define how it related to his own personal situation.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Aspen's relationship with Tenar. Explain where the relationship first came to light abd how it evolves throughout the book.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)