|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
2. What did Tenar tell Therru about singing?
3. What job did Ged have on the farm?
4. To what age has Ged reverted to?
5. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
2. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
3. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
4. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
5. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
6. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
7. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
8. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
9. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
10. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Therru changes drastically throughout the novel. Explain how she changes both physically and mentally. Define her role in the last chapter in detail. Write about why she might have made the decision to stay with Tenar.
Essay Topic 2
Consider Tenar's own life journey. Explain how she was educated and why. What happened to her training after she left Ogion, and how did he feel about that?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Ged's health mentally and physically. Why is this a problem? Relate how he feels about it as well as how Tenar reacts to his situation.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)