|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
2. How did Lebannen feel about Ged?
3. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
4. What was Lebannen's connection to Ged?
5. What did the sailor give to Therru?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
2. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
3. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
4. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
5. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
6. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
7. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
8. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
9. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
10. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the scene where Tenar met the dragon. Explain why the dragon was there and how it communicated with Tenar. Make sure to explain what effect it had on her.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Tenar and Ged's history together. What did the two of them do in Havnor?
Essay Topic 3
The men of Havnor play a big role in this novel. Explain who they were, what they wanted, how they treated Ged, and several ways in which they helped Tenar.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)