|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was going to happen to the men who were coming after Therru?
2. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
3. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about Ged?
4. What is the name of the man with the leather cap?
5. What happened to the relationship between Ged and Tenar as they lived on the farm together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
2. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
3. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
4. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
5. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
6. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
7. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
8. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
9. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
10. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was happening in the land Tenar traveled through? How was it different from when she lived there in the past? What power did she still have there?
Essay Topic 2
Therru changes drastically throughout the novel. Explain how she changes both physically and mentally. Define her role in the last chapter in detail. Write about why she might have made the decision to stay with Tenar.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scene where Tenar met the dragon. Explain why the dragon was there and how it communicated with Tenar. Make sure to explain what effect it had on her.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)