|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did they encounter before they got on the ship?
2. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
3. What gossip did the man bring?
4. Why did Tenar decide to go to the village?
5. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
2. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
3. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
4. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
5. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
6. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
7. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
8. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
9. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
10. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tenar in detail. Explain who she is as a woman, as a person of power, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mother.
Essay Topic 2
Consider Tenar's own life journey. Explain how she was educated and why. What happened to her training after she left Ogion, and how did he feel about that?
Essay Topic 3
The men of Havnor play a big role in this novel. Explain who they were, what they wanted, how they treated Ged, and several ways in which they helped Tenar.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)