|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tenar decide to go to the village?
2. What did Therru do during the winter months?
3. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
4. What did the villagers think of Ged after the incident during the night?
5. What did Therru like playing with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
2. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
3. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
4. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
5. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
6. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
7. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
8. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
9. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
10. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Tenar faces many different fears and disappointments. Select three different situations in which she felt fear or disappointment and describe them in detail. Write about the way Tenar faced the difficulties and how she overcame them.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tenar's relationship with her children. Write about how she interacts with Apple and with Therru and how it differs from her relationship with Spark.
Essay Topic 3
What was happening in the land Tenar traveled through? How was it different from when she lived there in the past? What power did she still have there?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)