|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the strange men looking for?
2. Where does Tenar tell Ged to go?
3. Why was Therru hiding?
4. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
5. What was Tenar confused about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
2. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
3. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
4. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
5. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
6. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
7. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
8. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
9. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
10. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ogion's feelings toward death and the events leading up to his death. How did his death impact those around him, and what happened immediately after he died?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how someone becomes a wizard or a witch. Define some of the educational processes they go through as well as choices they have to make. Make sure to address the differences between men and women in the magic powers.
Essay Topic 3
Ogion tells Tenar to educate Therru. Explain how she goes about doing this. Write about the obstacles she faces, and address her decision's regarding the child's education.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)