|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
2. What was Lebannen's connection to Ged?
3. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
4. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
5. Where was Therru hiding when Tenar came home from the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
2. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
3. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
4. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
5. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
6. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
7. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
8. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
9. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
10. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ogion tells Tenar to educate Therru. Explain how she goes about doing this. Write about the obstacles she faces, and address her decision's regarding the child's education.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Tenar's relationship with Ogion. Why did he send a messenger to her, and how did she respond? How did he react to the child? What did he give her that he gave to no-one else?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Tenar and Ged's history together. What did the two of them do in Havnor?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)