|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
2. What job did Ged have on the farm?
3. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
4. Who did Tenar mistake the young man for?
5. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
2. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
3. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
4. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
5. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
6. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
7. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
8. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
9. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
10. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tenar and Ged's history together. What did the two of them do in Havnor?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Therru's relationship with Telessin. Highlight clues throughout the book that might have alluded to this relationship.
Essay Topic 3
What was happening in the land Tenar traveled through? How was it different from when she lived there in the past? What power did she still have there?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)