|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
2. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
3. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
4. Who did they encounter before they got on the ship?
5. What is Therru drawn to when Tenar is brushing out her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
2. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
3. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
4. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
5. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
6. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
7. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
8. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
9. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
10. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Therru's relationship with Telessin. Highlight clues throughout the book that might have alluded to this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
As he dies, Ogion mentions to Tenar that times are changing. Detail these changes, positive and negative, and address where hope can be found in dealing with the changes.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Tenar's relationship with Ogion. Why did he send a messenger to her, and how did she respond? How did he react to the child? What did he give her that he gave to no-one else?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)