|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
2. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
3. What gossip did the man bring?
4. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
5. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
2. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
3. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
4. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
5. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
6. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
7. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
8. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
9. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
10. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Therru and Tenar. How did they meet and what caused them to begin developing a relationship? How did they interact with each other, and in what ways did they show affection for each other?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Therru's relationship with Telessin. Highlight clues throughout the book that might have alluded to this relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ogion's feelings toward death and the events leading up to his death. How did his death impact those around him, and what happened immediately after he died?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)