|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gossip did the man bring?
2. How does Ged feel about the king?
3. What did Tenar see on Therru's arm?
4. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
5. What were the strange men looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
2. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
3. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
4. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
5. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
6. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
7. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
8. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
9. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
10. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Aspen's relationship with Tenar. Explain where the relationship first came to light abd how it evolves throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Tenar's relationship with Ogion. Why did he send a messenger to her, and how did she respond? How did he react to the child? What did he give her that he gave to no-one else?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tenar's relationship with her children. Write about how she interacts with Apple and with Therru and how it differs from her relationship with Spark.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)