|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
2. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
3. What gossip did the man bring?
4. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
5. To what age has Ged reverted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
2. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
3. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
4. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
5. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
6. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
7. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
8. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
9. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
10. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how someone becomes a wizard or a witch. Define some of the educational processes they go through as well as choices they have to make. Make sure to address the differences between men and women in the magic powers.
Essay Topic 2
The men of Havnor play a big role in this novel. Explain who they were, what they wanted, how they treated Ged, and several ways in which they helped Tenar.
Essay Topic 3
Ogion tells Tenar to educate Therru. Explain how she goes about doing this. Write about the obstacles she faces, and address her decision's regarding the child's education.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)