|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Therru do during the winter months?
2. What did Therru like playing with?
3. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
4. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
5. What did Aspen try to do to Tenar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
2. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
3. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
4. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
5. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
6. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
7. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
8. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
9. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
10. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how someone becomes a wizard or a witch. Define some of the educational processes they go through as well as choices they have to make. Make sure to address the differences between men and women in the magic powers.
Essay Topic 2
Ogion tells Tenar to educate Therru. Explain how she goes about doing this. Write about the obstacles she faces, and address her decision's regarding the child's education.
Essay Topic 3
Ged asks Tenar why they allowed Therru to live. Explain why he questioned the decision, and define how it related to his own personal situation.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)