|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
2. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
3. What did Ged say women could not be?
4. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
5. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
2. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
3. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
4. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
5. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
6. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
7. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
8. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
9. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
10. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ged asks Tenar why they allowed Therru to live. Explain why he questioned the decision, and define how it related to his own personal situation.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Tenar and Ged's history together. What did the two of them do in Havnor?
Essay Topic 3
As he dies, Ogion mentions to Tenar that times are changing. Detail these changes, positive and negative, and address where hope can be found in dealing with the changes.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)