|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Therru drawn to when Tenar is brushing out her hair?
2. Where did Tenar go to seek refuge?
3. What was Therru like on the ship?
4. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
5. What happened to the man who wanted to check on Therru?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
2. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
3. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
4. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
5. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
6. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
7. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
8. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
9. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
10. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how someone becomes a wizard or a witch. Define some of the educational processes they go through as well as choices they have to make. Make sure to address the differences between men and women in the magic powers.
Essay Topic 2
Ogion tells Tenar to educate Therru. Explain how she goes about doing this. Write about the obstacles she faces, and address her decision's regarding the child's education.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Aspen's relationship with Tenar. Explain where the relationship first came to light abd how it evolves throughout the book.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)