|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
2. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
3. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about Ged?
4. What did Tenar see on Therru's arm?
5. What did Tenar tell Therru about singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
2. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
3. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
4. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
5. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
6. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
7. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
8. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
9. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
10. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happened to Tenar and Ged as they journeyed back to visit Moss. Write about Aspen's desire to control them and what he plans to do to them.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Ged's health mentally and physically. Why is this a problem? Relate how he feels about it as well as how Tenar reacts to his situation.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Tenar in detail. Explain who she is as a woman, as a person of power, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mother.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)