|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
2. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
3. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
4. What is the name of the man with the leather cap?
5. How did Lebannen feel about Ged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
2. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
3. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
4. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
5. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
6. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
7. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
8. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
9. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
10. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tenar and Ged's history together. What did the two of them do in Havnor?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scene where Tenar met the dragon. Explain why the dragon was there and how it communicated with Tenar. Make sure to explain what effect it had on her.
Essay Topic 3
As he dies, Ogion mentions to Tenar that times are changing. Detail these changes, positive and negative, and address where hope can be found in dealing with the changes.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)