|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the man who wanted to check on Therru?
2. How does Ged feel about the king?
3. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
4. To what age has Ged reverted to?
5. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
2. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
3. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
4. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
5. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
6. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
7. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
8. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
9. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
10. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Therru changes drastically throughout the novel. Explain how she changes both physically and mentally. Define her role in the last chapter in detail. Write about why she might have made the decision to stay with Tenar.
Essay Topic 2
Ged asks Tenar why they allowed Therru to live. Explain why he questioned the decision, and define how it related to his own personal situation.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Therru and Tenar. How did they meet and what caused them to begin developing a relationship? How did they interact with each other, and in what ways did they show affection for each other?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)