|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gossip did the man bring?
2. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
3. Why did Tenar decide to go to the village?
4. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
5. What was Tenar confused about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
2. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
3. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
4. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
5. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
6. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
7. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
8. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
9. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
10. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ogion tells Tenar to educate Therru. Explain how she goes about doing this. Write about the obstacles she faces, and address her decision's regarding the child's education.
Essay Topic 2
What was happening in the land Tenar traveled through? How was it different from when she lived there in the past? What power did she still have there?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Tenar in detail. Explain who she is as a woman, as a person of power, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mother.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)