|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ged say women could not be?
2. Why was Therru hiding?
3. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about Ged?
4. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
5. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
2. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
3. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
4. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
5. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
6. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
7. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
8. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
9. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
10. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Therru changes drastically throughout the novel. Explain how she changes both physically and mentally. Define her role in the last chapter in detail. Write about why she might have made the decision to stay with Tenar.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Therru's relationship with Telessin. Highlight clues throughout the book that might have alluded to this relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Tenar faces many different fears and disappointments. Select three different situations in which she felt fear or disappointment and describe them in detail. Write about the way Tenar faced the difficulties and how she overcame them.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)