|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ged lost?
2. Where was the widow's son?
3. Where did Spark tell Ogion he wanted to go?
4. How old was the burned child according to Lark?
5. What did Moss warn Tenar of when she saw Ged?
Short Essay Questions
1. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
2. What was Ogion's relationship with Tenar's children?
3. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
4. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
5. How had Therru changed since their arrival at Ogion's?
6. How did Tenar react to seeing Ged?
7. How did Ogion get to his place of death?
8. Describe the widow's family.
9. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
10. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Ged's health mentally and physically. Why is this a problem? Relate how he feels about it as well as how Tenar reacts to his situation.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Tenar in detail. Explain who she is as a woman, as a person of power, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mother.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tenar's relationship with her children. Write about how she interacts with Apple and with Therru and how it differs from her relationship with Spark.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)