|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar and Moss get along as Ogion died?
2. Who was the witch of Re Albi?
3. What happened when Ged tried to talk to the bird?
4. What was the widow's daughter's name?
5. What did Ged think Tenar should have let Therru do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the history of the dragons.
2. What did Tenar do when she went back to Ogion's house? How did she feel about what she saw in the house?
3. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
4. How did Ged feel that everything that had happened to him?
5. Describe the widow's family.
6. How did the widow make the trip better for the child?
7. How did the widow react to the child?
8. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
9. Why did Moss think Ged wasn't a wizard?
10. How did Tenar react to seeing Ged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men of Havnor play a big role in this novel. Explain who they were, what they wanted, how they treated Ged, and several ways in which they helped Tenar.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Tenar in detail. Explain who she is as a woman, as a person of power, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mother.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Aspen's relationship with Tenar. Explain where the relationship first came to light abd how it evolves throughout the book.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)