|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Therru's playmates?
2. What does Therru mean?
3. Who did the burned child belong to?
4. What was the widow's daughter's name?
5. How did Tenar feel about mourning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tenar do when she went back to Ogion's house? How did she feel about what she saw in the house?
2. Describe the widow herself.
3. How did Tenar feel about staying at Ogion's after Ged came?
4. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
5. How did Tenar react to seeing Ged?
6. Why had Ogion called for Tenar?
7. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
8. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
9. Describe the widow's family.
10. What gift did the widow have, and how was it used?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happened to Tenar and Ged as they journeyed back to visit Moss. Write about Aspen's desire to control them and what he plans to do to them.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ogion's feelings toward death and the events leading up to his death. How did his death impact those around him, and what happened immediately after he died?
Essay Topic 3
As he dies, Ogion mentions to Tenar that times are changing. Detail these changes, positive and negative, and address where hope can be found in dealing with the changes.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)