|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ogion's last prentice?
2. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
3. Who saved Ged from death?
4. How did the widow feel all alone at night in the house?
5. What did Moss warn Tenar of when she saw Ged?
Short Essay Questions
1. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
2. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
3. Describe the widow herself.
4. Why did Moss think Ged wasn't a wizard?
5. What was Ogion's home like when they reached their destination?
6. Where did Ogion want to die?
7. Why did Ged think she should have Ogion's books?
8. Describe the history of the dragons.
9. Why had Ogion called for Tenar?
10. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tenar in detail. Explain who she is as a woman, as a person of power, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mother.
Essay Topic 2
As he dies, Ogion mentions to Tenar that times are changing. Detail these changes, positive and negative, and address where hope can be found in dealing with the changes.
Essay Topic 3
What was happening in the land Tenar traveled through? How was it different from when she lived there in the past? What power did she still have there?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)