|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ogion tell Tenar to do right before he died?
2. Where was the widow's son?
3. What did Ogion seem to see as he was dying?
4. What did Ogion do the day he died?
5. How did Tenar feel about her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
2. Why did Ged think she should have Ogion's books?
3. Describe the history of the dragons.
4. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
5. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
6. Where did Ogion want to die?
7. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
8. How had Therru changed since their arrival at Ogion's?
9. Describe the widow herself.
10. What gift did the widow have, and how was it used?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tenar in detail. Explain who she is as a woman, as a person of power, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mother.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ogion's feelings toward death and the events leading up to his death. How did his death impact those around him, and what happened immediately after he died?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Aspen's relationship with Tenar. Explain where the relationship first came to light abd how it evolves throughout the book.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)