|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moss tell Therru about?
2. Who looked after Therru while Tenar was with Ogion?
3. What was Ogion's true name?
4. How old was the burned child according to Lark?
5. How did Tenar and Moss get along 25 years prior to Ogion's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
2. What was Ogion's relationship with Tenar's children?
3. How did Tenar feel as she took care of Ged?
4. Why did Ged think she should have Ogion's books?
5. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
6. What gift did the widow have, and how was it used?
7. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
8. Why did Moss think Ged wasn't a wizard?
9. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
10. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the scene where Tenar met the dragon. Explain why the dragon was there and how it communicated with Tenar. Make sure to explain what effect it had on her.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how someone becomes a wizard or a witch. Define some of the educational processes they go through as well as choices they have to make. Make sure to address the differences between men and women in the magic powers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tenar's relationship with her children. Write about how she interacts with Apple and with Therru and how it differs from her relationship with Spark.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)