|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the burned child belong to?
2. Who did the widow take on her journey?
3. What tool did the widow give Therru to help her on her journey?
4. How did Tenar get Ged to the house?
5. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
2. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
3. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
4. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
5. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
6. How did Ogion get to his place of death?
7. Why did Moss think Ged wasn't a wizard?
8. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
9. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
10. What was Ogion's relationship with Tenar's children?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Aspen's relationship with Tenar. Explain where the relationship first came to light abd how it evolves throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Tenar faces many different fears and disappointments. Select three different situations in which she felt fear or disappointment and describe them in detail. Write about the way Tenar faced the difficulties and how she overcame them.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how someone becomes a wizard or a witch. Define some of the educational processes they go through as well as choices they have to make. Make sure to address the differences between men and women in the magic powers.
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)