|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Spark tell Ogion he wanted to go?
2. Who was with the child while Lark summoned the widow?
3. What did Therru think of Ged?
4. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
5. Where did the widow and her companion sleep at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tenar do when she went back to Ogion's house? How did she feel about what she saw in the house?
2. Where did Ogion want to die?
3. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
4. How did Ged feel that everything that had happened to him?
5. Describe the history of the dragons.
6. How did Ogion get to his place of death?
7. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
8. What was Ogion's home like when they reached their destination?
9. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
10. Why had Ogion called for Tenar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happened to Tenar and Ged as they journeyed back to visit Moss. Write about Aspen's desire to control them and what he plans to do to them.
Essay Topic 2
The men of Havnor play a big role in this novel. Explain who they were, what they wanted, how they treated Ged, and several ways in which they helped Tenar.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Tenar faces many different fears and disappointments. Select three different situations in which she felt fear or disappointment and describe them in detail. Write about the way Tenar faced the difficulties and how she overcame them.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)