|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of Aunty Moss' skills?
2. What was the name of the widow's home?
3. What did Ogion do the day he died?
4. Who was in Ogion's house?
5. What did Tenar prepare to sell in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
2. How did Tenar react to seeing Ged?
3. Why was Ogion asking for Ged, and who was Ged?
4. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
5. Describe the widow herself.
6. Why did Moss think Ged wasn't a wizard?
7. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
8. Describe the widow's home.
9. What was Ogion's relationship with Tenar's children?
10. How did Ogion get to his place of death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how someone becomes a wizard or a witch. Define some of the educational processes they go through as well as choices they have to make. Make sure to address the differences between men and women in the magic powers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Therru and Tenar. How did they meet and what caused them to begin developing a relationship? How did they interact with each other, and in what ways did they show affection for each other?
Essay Topic 3
Consider Tenar's own life journey. Explain how she was educated and why. What happened to her training after she left Ogion, and how did he feel about that?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)