|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tenar see as she gazed over the sea?
2. What shape did Ged use to visit Ogion once?
3. Who was with the child while Lark summoned the widow?
4. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
5. What did Ogion tell Tenar before he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ogion's relationship with Tenar's children?
2. Why did Ged think she should have Ogion's books?
3. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
4. How had Therru changed since their arrival at Ogion's?
5. Why did Moss think Ged wasn't a wizard?
6. How did the widow react to the child?
7. Describe the widow's home.
8. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
9. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
10. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Therru and Tenar. How did they meet and what caused them to begin developing a relationship? How did they interact with each other, and in what ways did they show affection for each other?
Essay Topic 2
Ged asks Tenar why they allowed Therru to live. Explain why he questioned the decision, and define how it related to his own personal situation.
Essay Topic 3
Therru changes drastically throughout the novel. Explain how she changes both physically and mentally. Define her role in the last chapter in detail. Write about why she might have made the decision to stay with Tenar.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)