|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sparrowhawk spend hours as he was healing?
2. Why was Tenar still at Ogion's house?
3. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
4. What was the widow called by her husband?
5. Who were Therru's playmates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
2. What gift did the widow have, and how was it used?
3. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
4. How did the widow make the trip better for the child?
5. How did Ged feel that everything that had happened to him?
6. Describe the widow herself.
7. Why did Moss think Ged wasn't a wizard?
8. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
9. How did Tenar feel about staying at Ogion's after Ged came?
10. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Therru's relationship with Telessin. Highlight clues throughout the book that might have alluded to this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
What was happening in the land Tenar traveled through? How was it different from when she lived there in the past? What power did she still have there?
Essay Topic 3
As he dies, Ogion mentions to Tenar that times are changing. Detail these changes, positive and negative, and address where hope can be found in dealing with the changes.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)