|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Therru generally react when touched?
2. What type of men did Tenar know from her childhood?
3. Where was Ogion buried?
4. Why did the messenger come to the widow more than a year after she went to the burned child?
5. Where did Ged sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
2. Describe how Spark treated Therru, and how he reacted to the news that she was his sister.
3. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
4. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
5. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
6. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
7. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
8. How did the widow react to the child?
9. How did Ged feel that everything that had happened to him?
10. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Tenar in detail. Explain who she is as a woman, as a person of power, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mother.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Ogion's feelings toward death and the events leading up to his death. How did his death impact those around him, and what happened immediately after he died?
Essay Topic 3
Consider Tenar's own life journey. Explain how she was educated and why. What happened to her training after she left Ogion, and how did he feel about that?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)