|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about mourning?
2. Where did Spark tell Ogion he wanted to go?
3. Who was in Ogion's house?
4. Why did her husband's name suit her so well?
5. What was wrong with Ogion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Ogion called for Tenar?
2. How did Tenar react to seeing Ged?
3. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
4. How did Ged feel that everything that had happened to him?
5. Where did Ogion want to die?
6. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
7. Describe the widow herself.
8. How did Ogion get to his place of death?
9. Describe the widow's family.
10. Why was Ogion asking for Ged, and who was Ged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tenar's relationship with her children. Write about how she interacts with Apple and with Therru and how it differs from her relationship with Spark.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Aspen's relationship with Tenar. Explain where the relationship first came to light abd how it evolves throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what happened to Tenar and Ged as they journeyed back to visit Moss. Write about Aspen's desire to control them and what he plans to do to them.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)