|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the man plan to die?
2. How does Moss know when she encounters a wizard?
3. What happened when Ged tried to talk to the bird?
4. What did the widow say the hawk would do?
5. Who is Ogion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Ogion called for Tenar?
2. What was Ogion's home like when they reached their destination?
3. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
4. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
5. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
6. How had Therru changed since their arrival at Ogion's?
7. Why did Ged think she should have Ogion's books?
8. What did Tenar do when she went back to Ogion's house? How did she feel about what she saw in the house?
9. How did Tenar feel about staying at Ogion's after Ged came?
10. Describe the widow herself.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Therru's relationship with Telessin. Highlight clues throughout the book that might have alluded to this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Therru and Tenar. How did they meet and what caused them to begin developing a relationship? How did they interact with each other, and in what ways did they show affection for each other?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scene where Tenar met the dragon. Explain why the dragon was there and how it communicated with Tenar. Make sure to explain what effect it had on her.
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)