|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sparrowhawk spend hours as he was healing?
2. Who told Lark that the child was burned?
3. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
4. What fruit did Therru find in Ogion's yard?
5. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the widow make the trip better for the child?
2. Why did Moss think Ged wasn't a wizard?
3. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
4. What did Tenar do when she went back to Ogion's house? How did she feel about what she saw in the house?
5. What was Ogion's home like when they reached their destination?
6. How had Therru changed since their arrival at Ogion's?
7. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
8. Why was Ogion asking for Ged, and who was Ged?
9. Where did Ogion want to die?
10. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Therru changes drastically throughout the novel. Explain how she changes both physically and mentally. Define her role in the last chapter in detail. Write about why she might have made the decision to stay with Tenar.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how someone becomes a wizard or a witch. Define some of the educational processes they go through as well as choices they have to make. Make sure to address the differences between men and women in the magic powers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Tenar in detail. Explain who she is as a woman, as a person of power, as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter and as a mother.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)