|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tenar prepare to sell in town?
2. What did the widow say the hawk would do?
3. What did Ogion seem to see as he was dying?
4. What happened to the tramps after they burned the child?
5. Why was Tenar still at Ogion's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
2. Describe the widow's home.
3. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
4. Describe what happens when Tenar and Ged are taken out for their execution.
5. Why was Ogion asking for Ged, and who was Ged?
6. Who do they find out Therru really is?
7. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
8. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
9. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
10. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Ged's health mentally and physically. Why is this a problem? Relate how he feels about it as well as how Tenar reacts to his situation.
Essay Topic 2
Ged asks Tenar why they allowed Therru to live. Explain why he questioned the decision, and define how it related to his own personal situation.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Therru's relationship with Telessin. Highlight clues throughout the book that might have alluded to this relationship.
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)