|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
2. What was the widow called by her husband?
3. Who did the widow take on her journey?
4. What was the dragon's name?
5. What is in a true name according to the widow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
2. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
3. Describe the widow's family.
4. What did Tenar do when she went back to Ogion's house? How did she feel about what she saw in the house?
5. Why was Ogion asking for Ged, and who was Ged?
6. Describe the widow herself.
7. Describe the widow's home.
8. What was Ogion's home like when they reached their destination?
9. Where did Ogion want to die?
10. How did Tenar feel about staying at Ogion's after Ged came?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Tenar faces many different fears and disappointments. Select three different situations in which she felt fear or disappointment and describe them in detail. Write about the way Tenar faced the difficulties and how she overcame them.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Ged's health mentally and physically. Why is this a problem? Relate how he feels about it as well as how Tenar reacts to his situation.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Tenar's relationship with Ogion. Why did he send a messenger to her, and how did she respond? How did he react to the child? What did he give her that he gave to no-one else?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)