|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lark come for the widow's help?
2. How did Tenar feel about mourning?
3. How did the widow feel all alone at night in the house?
4. Who is Ogion?
5. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the history of the dragons.
2. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
3. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
4. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
5. What was Ogion's relationship with Tenar's children?
6. What gift did the widow have, and how was it used?
7. What was Ogion's home like when they reached their destination?
8. How did Tenar react to seeing Ged?
9. Describe the widow's family.
10. Where did Ogion want to die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Therru and Tenar. How did they meet and what caused them to begin developing a relationship? How did they interact with each other, and in what ways did they show affection for each other?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Aspen's relationship with Tenar. Explain where the relationship first came to light abd how it evolves throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Tenar and Ged's history together. What did the two of them do in Havnor?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)