Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Therru generally react when touched?
2. What type of men did Tenar know from her childhood?
3. Where was Ogion buried?
4. Why did the messenger come to the widow more than a year after she went to the burned child?
5. Where did Ged sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
2. Describe how Spark treated Therru, and how he reacted to the news that she was his sister.
3. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
4. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
5. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
6. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
7. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
8. How did the widow react to the child?
9. How did Ged feel that everything that had happened to him?
10. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
Essay Topic 1
Ged asks Tenar why they allowed Therru to live. Explain why he questioned the decision, and define how it related to his own personal situation.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scene where Tenar met the dragon. Explain why the dragon was there and how it communicated with Tenar. Make sure to explain what effect it had on her.
Essay Topic 3
What was happening in the land Tenar traveled through? How was it different from when she lived there in the past? What power did she still have there?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)