|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the widow say her name was?
2. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
3. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
4. Who told Lark that the child was burned?
5. Who saved Ged from death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
2. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
3. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
4. Describe what happened to Tenar physically and mentally as she drew closer to the manor house of Re Albi.
5. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
6. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
7. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
8. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
9. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
10. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Therru changes drastically throughout the novel. Explain how she changes both physically and mentally. Define her role in the last chapter in detail. Write about why she might have made the decision to stay with Tenar.
Essay Topic 2
Consider Tenar's own life journey. Explain how she was educated and why. What happened to her training after she left Ogion, and how did he feel about that?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Therru's relationship with Telessin. Highlight clues throughout the book that might have alluded to this relationship.
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)