Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Therru generally react when touched?
2. What type of men did Tenar know from her childhood?
3. Where was Ogion buried?
4. Why did the messenger come to the widow more than a year after she went to the burned child?
5. Where did Ged sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
2. Describe how Spark treated Therru, and how he reacted to the news that she was his sister.
3. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
4. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
5. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
6. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
7. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
8. How did the widow react to the child?
9. How did Ged feel that everything that had happened to him?
10. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tenar's relationship with her children. Write about how she interacts with Apple and with Therru and how it differs from her relationship with Spark.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how someone becomes a wizard or a witch. Define some of the educational processes they go through as well as choices they have to make. Make sure to address the differences between men and women in the magic powers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Aspen's relationship with Tenar. Explain where the relationship first came to light abd how it evolves throughout the book.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)