|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about her power?
(a) She felt it wasn't the whole package so it was useless.
(b) She had great pride in her power.
(c) She couldn't keep it under control.
(d) She only tapped into it for emergencies.
2. What did Tenar tell Therru about singing?
(a) Singing comes from the mind, not the voice only.
(b) One had to sing perfectly or not at all.
(c) Singing was not a big deal.
(d) Singing was only for powerful people.
3. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
(b) The king
(c) The local wizards
(d) No-one else knew
4. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
(a) He refused to talk with her.
(b) He insulted her.
(c) He followed her everywhere she went.
(d) He treated her with great respect.
5. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
(a) She was afraid Therru would commit suicide.
(b) She felt that the girl's fear brought the cause of her fear to her.
(c) She felt the girl was on the edge of emotional collapse.
(d) She was afraid the girl would never lear anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
2. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
3. What does Moss say is a woman's wealth?
4. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
5. What did Moss come to warn them of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
2. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
3. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
4. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
5. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
6. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
7. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
8. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
9. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
10. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)