|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Therru drawn to when Tenar is brushing out her hair?
(a) The curls
(b) The dark color
(c) The silky texture
(d) The sparks that fly to the sky
2. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said he would save them all.
(b) She said he was a man to be feared.
(c) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(d) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
3. Who was Lebannen?
(a) The new king
(b) A wizard
(c) Therru's mentor
(d) Tenar's mentor
4. What gossip did the man bring?
(a) There was a new king in Havnor.
(b) There was going to be a wizard battle.
(c) A storm was on its way.
(d) A neighbor died.
5. Who was to be the new Archmage of Roke?
(c) A woman on Gont
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the villagers think of Ged after the incident during the night?
2. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
3. What did Therru like playing with?
4. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
5. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
2. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
3. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
4. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
5. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
6. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
7. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
8. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
9. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
10. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)