|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
(a) So he could go shopping
(b) So Therru wouldn't see him
(c) So he could get a job
(d) So the villagers could identify him
2. What did Therru do during the winter months?
(a) She learned to knit.
(b) She memorized the stories told to her.
(c) She sank into a depression.
(d) She carved bone figures.
3. What happened to the relationship between Ged and Tenar as they lived on the farm together?
(a) They realized they worked well together.
(b) They became lovers.
(c) They frequently fought.
(d) They realized they would never be anything more than good friends.
4. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
(a) She wished he had come earlier.
(b) She felt that it meant he still had some power left in him.
(c) She wished he had stayed up the mountain.
(d) She was happy she had sent someone to get him.
5. How did Tenar feel about her power?
(a) She only tapped into it for emergencies.
(b) She felt it wasn't the whole package so it was useless.
(c) She couldn't keep it under control.
(d) She had great pride in her power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Therru like playing with?
2. What did the sailor give to Therru?
3. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
4. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
5. What happened to the man who wanted to check on Therru?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)