|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about her power?
(a) She felt it wasn't the whole package so it was useless.
(b) She had great pride in her power.
(c) She couldn't keep it under control.
(d) She only tapped into it for emergencies.
2. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(a) The beginning of desolation
(b) The end of a golden era
3. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(b) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
(c) She said he would save them all.
(d) She said he was a man to be feared.
4. Who did Tenar mistake the young man for?
(c) Her son
5. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
(a) She accuses it of insensitivity.
(b) She accuses him of embezzling.
(c) She accuses him of faking his powers.
(d) She says he has been using the life of the Lord's young son to prolong the Lord's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sailor give to Therru?
2. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
3. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
4. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
5. What did Therru do during the winter months?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
2. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
3. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
4. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
5. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
6. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
7. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
8. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
9. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
10. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)