|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
(a) She was afraid the girl would never lear anything.
(b) She felt that the girl's fear brought the cause of her fear to her.
(c) She was afraid Therru would commit suicide.
(d) She felt the girl was on the edge of emotional collapse.
2. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She came back for her daughter.
(b) She got a respectable job in the village.
(c) She was beaten to death.
(d) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
3. Who was to be the new Archmage of Roke?
(b) A woman on Gont
4. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
(a) She was very exited and wanted to begin lessons immediately.
(b) She looked forward to it, but was too busy to begin immediately.
(c) She was open to testing the girl to see if she was capable of learning.
(d) She was afraid of the power in the girl and refused to teach her.
5. What happened to the relationship between Ged and Tenar as they lived on the farm together?
(a) They realized they worked well together.
(b) They frequently fought.
(c) They became lovers.
(d) They realized they would never be anything more than good friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
2. What did Moss come to warn them of?
3. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
4. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
5. What did Therru do during the winter months?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
2. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
3. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
4. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
5. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
6. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
7. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
8. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
9. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
10. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)