|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
2. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She came back for her daughter.
(b) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
(c) She got a respectable job in the village.
(d) She was beaten to death.
3. What did the villagers think of Ged after the incident during the night?
(a) They were afraid of him.
(b) They had a new respect for him.
(c) They laughed at him.
(d) They shunned him.
4. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
(b) She easily slipped back into routine.
(c) She felt the pride of ownership.
(d) She feared the isolation.
5. Who was Lebannen?
(a) The new king
(b) Therru's mentor
(c) A wizard
(d) Tenar's mentor
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
2. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
3. To what age has Ged reverted to?
4. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
5. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
2. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
3. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
4. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
5. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
6. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
7. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
8. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
9. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
10. Describe how the people in the village felt about Aspen.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)