|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aspen try to do to Tenar?
(a) He tried to beat her.
(b) He tried to give her some linen.
(c) He tried to bless her.
(d) He tried to put it curse on her.
2. What was Therru like on the ship?
(a) She was very happy and skipped about.
(b) She was sad and cried a lot.
(c) She was very inquisitive.
(d) She was listless and withdrawn.
3. Why was Therru hiding?
(a) Her blood mother came to find her.
(b) The dragon came back and scared her.
(c) She was playing hide-and-seek with Sippy the goat.
(d) The man who was there the time she was burned had come to the house.
4. What did Therru do during the winter months?
(a) She carved bone figures.
(b) She learned to knit.
(c) She sank into a depression.
(d) She memorized the stories told to her.
5. What was Tenar confused about?
(a) She was confused about her feelings for Ged.
(b) She was confused about her friendship with Moss.
(c) She was confused about what job Therru should have as she got older.
(d) She didn't know if she should stay in the area or go back to her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
2. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
3. What did the sailor give to Therru?
4. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
5. What did Moss come to warn them of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
2. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
3. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
4. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
5. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
6. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
7. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
8. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
9. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
10. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)