|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Therru do during the winter months?
(a) She carved bone figures.
(b) She learned to knit.
(c) She sank into a depression.
(d) She memorized the stories told to her.
2. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
(a) She could understand it, but she couldn't speak it.
(b) It was difficult for her to understand.
(c) It was impossible for her to learn so she hated it.
(d) It was so familiar, it was like she knew it before she was born.
3. Who did Tenar mistake the young man for?
(b) Her son
4. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He laughed at her ineptness.
(b) He thought she had power in her.
(c) He was frightened by her looks.
(d) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
5. Who was to be the new Archmage of Roke?
(d) A woman on Gont
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
2. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
3. What did Ged say women could not be?
4. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
5. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
2. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
3. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
4. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
5. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
6. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
7. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
8. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
9. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
10. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)