|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
(a) It felt wrong.
(b) Therru ran away.
(c) She couldn't remember the words.
(d) She realized that the girl had a gift for languages.
2. What was going to happen to the men who were coming after Therru?
(a) They were released.
(b) They were to be honored.
(c) They were to be hanged.
(d) They were sent to prison.
3. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
(a) To her farm
(b) To Lotin
(c) To the hills
(d) To Roke
4. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(a) Lark and Apple
5. What was Lebannen's connection to Ged?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They died together in the dark land then came across the mountains of Pain.
(c) They trained as wizards together.
(d) Lebannen was a mentor for Ged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Therru like on the ship?
2. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
3. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
4. Who was to be the new Archmage of Roke?
5. What happened to the man who wanted to check on Therru?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
2. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
3. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
4. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
5. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
6. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
7. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
8. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
9. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
10. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)