|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
(a) So the villagers could identify him
(b) So Therru wouldn't see him
(c) So he could go shopping
(d) So he could get a job
2. What did Therru like playing with?
(a) Bone figures
(d) Her rag dolls
3. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She got a respectable job in the village.
(b) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
(c) She came back for her daughter.
(d) She was beaten to death.
4. What happened to the man who wanted to check on Therru?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was invited in for dinner.
(c) He saw that she was fine.
(d) He ran away when the other man was stabbed by pitchfork.
5. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about Ged?
(a) She told him Ged no longer had powers.
(b) She said Ged was in training.
(c) She said Ged was eager to cast spells for the king.
(d) She said she didn't know where he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what age has Ged reverted to?
2. What were the strange men looking for?
3. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
4. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
5. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
2. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
3. Explain what Moss believes about reputation.
4. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
5. Describe what Tenar sees behind the fan in the weaver's shop.
6. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
7. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
8. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
9. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
10. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)