|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
(b) No, but they must perform a special ritual.
(c) Only if the man they are with is a wizard
2. How did Tenar feel about her power?
(a) She had great pride in her power.
(b) She only tapped into it for emergencies.
(c) She couldn't keep it under control.
(d) She felt it wasn't the whole package so it was useless.
3. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
(a) They treated her as if she were an imbecile.
(b) They spat on her.
(c) They ignored her.
(d) They knelt before her and treated her with respect.
4. Where did Tenar go to seek refuge?
(a) To Moss' house
(b) To Gont Port
(c) To the village
(d) To the forest
5. What was going to happen to the men who were coming after Therru?
(a) They were to be hanged.
(b) They were sent to prison.
(c) They were released.
(d) They were to be honored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the strange men looking for?
2. Who did Tenar mistake the young man for?
3. What does Moss say is a woman's wealth?
4. What job did Ged have on the farm?
5. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about Ged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
2. Explain why Tenar went to go visit Ivy and what happened during the visit.
3. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
4. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
5. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
6. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
7. Why did Tenar finally leave Ogion's house?
8. Explain what that meant from Havnor wanted and how Tenar reacted to that.
9. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
10. Why wouldn't the people at the port the happy about the new king and his ships?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)