|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the man who wanted to check on Therru?
(a) He ran away when the other man was stabbed by pitchfork.
(b) He saw that she was fine.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was invited in for dinner.
2. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
(b) She said he would save them all.
(c) She said he was a man to be feared.
(d) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
3. What was Lebannen's connection to Ged?
(a) Lebannen was a mentor for Ged.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They trained as wizards together.
(d) They died together in the dark land then came across the mountains of Pain.
4. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
(a) She told him that she had a vision about going to her home.
(b) She told him that she had run away with Therru because the child was so popular.
(c) She didn't tell him anything.
(d) She told him that a wizard had put a spell on her that meet her confused.
5. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
(a) They ignored her.
(b) They spat on her.
(c) They treated her as if she were an imbecile.
(d) They knelt before her and treated her with respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Therru like playing with?
2. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
3. What does Moss say is a woman's wealth?
4. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
5. What was Therru like on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
2. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
3. Describe Ged's reaction to the news about the king and the ship.
4. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
5. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
6. Explain what Aspen tried to do to Tenar and whether or not it worked.
7. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
8. Explain where Tenar and Therru took refuge.
9. What was the Roke needs looking for, and why was it unusual?
10. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)