|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She easily slipped back into routine.
(b) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
(c) She felt the pride of ownership.
(d) She feared the isolation.
2. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
(a) To her farm
(b) To Lotin
(c) To Roke
(d) To the hills
3. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
(a) They accept it with very little whispering and sniggering.
(b) They tried to help them get along.
(c) They didn't react at all.
(d) They shunned the couple.
4. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
(a) She began to cry from happiness.
(b) She ran up to him and put her arms up to him.
(c) She started yelling at him.
(d) She ran away.
5. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
(a) They treated her as if she were an imbecile.
(b) They ignored her.
(c) They spat on her.
(d) They knelt before her and treated her with respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
2. What were the strange men looking for?
3. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
4. How does Ged feel about the king?
5. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the greeting Aspen gave Tenar at the Lord of Re Albi's house.
2. Explain the significance of Ged's arrival as the men were breaking into the house.
3. Explain the difference between what Ogion saw in Tenar and what he saw in Therru.
4. Townsend came to see if Tenar wanted to sell the goats, but there was something else he wanted. What was it?
5. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
6. As she left Apple's house to go to her farm, what was Tenar concerned about in regards to Therru?
7. Explain this state of Ged's mind according to Moss.
8. Explain the shift in the relationship between Therru and Tenar after the man tried to break in.
9. Explain the relationship between Ged and Therru as well as the relationship between Ged and Tenar after the capture of the men.
10. What did Apple observe about her mother when she got to the docks with the people of Valmouth?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)