|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
(a) They made a sign to ward off evil spirits then ran away.
(b) They bowed.
(c) They backed off.
(d) They laughed.
2. What did the widow say her name was?
3. What was Therru's singing like?
(a) She always sang off-tune.
(b) She had an abrasive, loud singing voice.
(c) She couldn't sing at all.
(d) She had an incredibly sweet singing voice.
4. How did Ogion react to the people who tried to visit him?
(a) He invited them in.
(b) He blessed them.
(c) He asked them for gifts.
(d) He sent them away.
5. What has Ged lost?
(a) His ability to smile
(b) Sippy the goat
(c) His power
(d) His walking staff
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Lark that the child was burned?
2. Where had Ged been before he came to Ogion's house?
3. Who was Ogion's last prentice?
4. How old was the burned child according to Lark?
5. What did the dragon bring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
2. What did Tenar do when she went back to Ogion's house? How did she feel about what she saw in the house?
3. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
4. Describe the widow's family.
5. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
6. How did Tenar feel as she took care of Ged?
7. What gift did the widow have, and how was it used?
8. Why had Ogion called for Tenar?
9. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
10. Describe the widow herself.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)