|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in a true name according to the widow?
(a) Your true self
(b) Your kinship to nature
(c) Your past
(d) Your future
2. Where did the widow and child travel?
(a) On the ocean
(b) They traveled into the foothills of Gont Mountain.
(c) Across the desert
(d) Across Oak Hill
3. What has Ged lost?
(a) His power
(b) Sippy the goat
(c) His ability to smile
(d) His walking staff
4. How did Tenar and Moss get along as Ogion died?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They hated each other.
(c) Their friendship was fake.
(d) They were friends.
5. What did Ogion want Tenar want to do to Therru?
(a) Love her
(b) Give her up for adoption
(c) Kill her
(d) Teach her
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tenar see as she gazed over the sea?
2. Who looked after Therru while Tenar was with Ogion?
3. Who is Ogion?
4. What happened when Ged tried to talk to the bird?
5. Where did Ged sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the widow make the trip better for the child?
2. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
3. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
4. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
5. Describe the widow's home.
6. Describe the history of the dragons.
7. Describe the widow herself.
8. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
9. How had Therru changed since their arrival at Ogion's?
10. What did Tenar do when she went back to Ogion's house? How did she feel about what she saw in the house?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)