|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lark come for the widow's help?
(a) The child asked for the widow.
(b) She asked anybody she could.
(c) The widow learned healing on the mountain.
(d) The widow was Lark's only friend.
2. Where did Ged sleep?
(a) On the edge of the cliff.
(b) On Ogion's bed
(c) He slept outdoors with the goats.
(d) He slept with Tenar.
3. What did the widow own?
(a) She owned a wealth of fabrics and jewels.
(b) She owned nothing.
(c) She owned a flock of sheep and land to pasture them as well as two tenant's cottages and an old stone farmhouse.
(d) She owned fine art and a collection of antiques.
4. Where was the widow's son?
(a) He was out at sea.
(b) He was out hunting.
(c) He stayed at home and never left.
(d) He was in his law office.
5. Who did the burned child belong to?
(a) Tenar and her husband
(b) The king
(d) No-one knew - they had no history of the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
2. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
3. What did the dragon bring?
4. What did Therru think of Ged?
5. What tool did the widow give Therru to help her on her journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
2. How did the widow react to the child?
3. Why did Moss think Ged wasn't a wizard?
4. How did Tenar relate to Therru?
5. Describe the widow's home.
6. How did Tenar react to her visit from the dragon.
7. What gift did the widow have, and how was it used?
8. Why had Ogion called for Tenar?
9. Why was Ogion asking for Ged, and who was Ged?
10. How had Therru changed since their arrival at Ogion's?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)