|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ged lost?
(a) His ability to smile
(b) His power
(c) His walking staff
(d) Sippy the goat
2. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
(a) She could sleep anywhere.
(b) She would cry.
(c) She became loopy.
(d) She couldn't sleep.
3. How did the widow feel all alone at night in the house?
(a) She embraced the night as her favorite time.
(b) The night terrified her.
(c) She regularly invited friends over to dispel the loneliness of night.
(d) She was fine with the idea. She had done it in the past and would start doing it again.
4. How did the widow react to the news that Ogion wanted her to come?
(a) She yelled at the messenger.
(b) She prepared to leave immediately.
(c) She ignored the messenger.
(d) She sent a message back that she would visit in her own time.
5. What did Therru think of Ged?
(a) He made her cry.
(b) She liked to follow him.
(c) He made her laugh.
(d) She was scared of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
2. What was Ogion in relation to the widow?
3. How did Tenar feel about mourning?
4. Who saved Ged from death?
5. What was the widow called by her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Therru as she boarded the ship, and how did it affect her?
2. What did Tenar find out about the king's relationship with Ged?
3. Explain what happened to the men who broke into the house and what happened to Therru's mother.
4. Describe how Spark treated Therru, and how he reacted to the news that she was his sister.
5. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
6. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
7. Explain how Tenar felt about Ged's leaving.
8. Why had Ogion called for Tenar?
9. What was Ogion's relationship with Tenar's children?
10. Where did Ogion want to die?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)