|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the burned child according to Lark?
(a) 2 or 3
(b) 6 or 7
(c) 12 or 13
(d) 4 or 5
2. Who looked after Therru while Tenar was with Ogion?
(b) She looked after herself.
(c) The wizards
3. How did Ogion feel about teaching Tenar?
(a) He didn't want to teach her because she was a female.
(b) He reluctantly taught her a few basic words and spells.
(c) He thought she was stupid.
(d) He taught her until she didn't want to be taught anymore.
4. Why did the messenger come to the widow more than a year after she went to the burned child?
(a) He was looking for the child.
(b) The Mage of Re Albi wanted her to come.
(c) He warned her to stay home.
(d) He had a message from the dragons.
5. What did Moss warn Tenar of when she saw Ged?
(a) His desire to harm Therru
(b) Trickery and transformations
(c) She told Tenar not to be swayed by his handsome lookds.
(d) Ged's evil powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the widow's daughter's name?
2. Where had Ged been before he came to Ogion's house?
3. What happened when Ged tried to talk to the bird?
4. Who saved Ged from death?
5. Why did her husband's name suit her so well?
Short Essay Questions
1. How come Tenar doesn't know much about men?
2. What was Ogion's home like when they reached their destination?
3. Where did Ogion want to die?
4. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
5. What did Tenar do when she went back to Ogion's house? How did she feel about what she saw in the house?
6. Describe the widow herself.
7. How did Tenar react to seeing Ged?
8. How did Ged feel that everything that had happened to him?
9. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
10. Describe the widow's home.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)