|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the burned child according to Lark?
(a) 2 or 3
(b) 4 or 5
(c) 12 or 13
(d) 6 or 7
2. What did Tenar prepare to sell in town?
(a) She made some pies to sell.
(b) Goat hair for the weaver.
(c) She prepared to sell Ogion's books.
(d) She went to sell eggs.
3. What happened when Ged tried to talk to the bird?
(a) It flew away fast.
(b) It flew over to him.
(c) It ignored him.
(d) It answered back to him.
4. Why did the messenger come to the widow more than a year after she went to the burned child?
(a) He warned her to stay home.
(b) He had a message from the dragons.
(c) The Mage of Re Albi wanted her to come.
(d) He was looking for the child.
5. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
(a) The sound of wings
(b) The sound of thunder
(c) The sound of dishes clattering
(d) The bright sun
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in Ogion's house?
2. What was the name of the widow's home?
3. Who is Ogion?
4. Who did the burned child belong to?
5. How did Ogion feel about teaching Tenar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift did the widow have, and how was it used?
2. How did Ged feel that everything that had happened to him?
3. Where did Ogion want to die?
4. Why had Ogion called for Tenar?
5. Describe the widow's family.
6. What power did Tenar have over the local wizards?
7. How did the widow treat the child as they traveled?
8. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
9. How had Therru changed since their arrival at Ogion's?
10. Describe the widow herself.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)