|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
(a) Goat stew
(c) Frog's legs
(d) Turnips and greens
2. Who did Tenar mistake the young man for?
(a) Her son
3. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(a) Lark and Apple
4. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
(a) He followed her everywhere she went.
(b) He refused to talk with her.
(c) He insulted her.
(d) He treated her with great respect.
5. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
(a) She could understand it, but she couldn't speak it.
(b) It was impossible for her to learn so she hated it.
(c) It was so familiar, it was like she knew it before she was born.
(d) It was difficult for her to understand.
6. What was Therru like on the ship?
(a) She was listless and withdrawn.
(b) She was sad and cried a lot.
(c) She was very inquisitive.
(d) She was very happy and skipped about.
7. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
(b) She was beaten to death.
(c) She got a respectable job in the village.
(d) She came back for her daughter.
8. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She felt the pride of ownership.
(b) She feared the isolation.
(c) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
(d) She easily slipped back into routine.
9. What does Moss say is a woman's wealth?
(a) Her work-ethic
(b) Her jewels
(c) Her brain
(d) Her reputation
10. Why was Therru hiding?
(a) Her blood mother came to find her.
(b) The man who was there the time she was burned had come to the house.
(c) She was playing hide-and-seek with Sippy the goat.
(d) The dragon came back and scared her.
11. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said he was a man to be feared.
(b) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(c) She said he would save them all.
(d) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
12. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
(a) So he could go shopping
(b) So Therru wouldn't see him
(c) So the villagers could identify him
(d) So he could get a job
13. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
(a) She told him that a wizard had put a spell on her that meet her confused.
(b) She didn't tell him anything.
(c) She told him that she had a vision about going to her home.
(d) She told him that she had run away with Therru because the child was so popular.
14. What was Tenar confused about?
(a) She didn't know if she should stay in the area or go back to her home.
(b) She was confused about her feelings for Ged.
(c) She was confused about her friendship with Moss.
(d) She was confused about what job Therru should have as she got older.
15. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
2. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
3. What were the strange men looking for?
4. What happened to the relationship between Ged and Tenar as they lived on the farm together?
5. Where was Therru hiding when Tenar came home from the village?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)