|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
2. What does Moss say is a woman's wealth?
(a) Her brain
(b) Her jewels
(c) Her reputation
(d) Her work-ethic
3. Who was to be the new Archmage of Roke?
(c) A woman on Gont
4. How did Tenar feel about her power?
(a) She only tapped into it for emergencies.
(b) She felt it wasn't the whole package so it was useless.
(c) She had great pride in her power.
(d) She couldn't keep it under control.
5. Where was Therru hiding when Tenar came home from the village?
(a) She was under the bed.
(b) She was behind the door crouched behind the walking sticks.
(c) She was in the forest.
(d) She was at Moss' house.
6. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
(b) He was frightened by her looks.
(c) He laughed at her ineptness.
(d) He thought she had power in her.
7. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
(a) She accuses him of embezzling.
(b) She accuses it of insensitivity.
(c) She says he has been using the life of the Lord's young son to prolong the Lord's life.
(d) She accuses him of faking his powers.
8. What impressed the men in Ogion's house?
(a) The wine
(b) The conversation
(c) The decor
(d) Tenar's powers
9. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
(d) The goats
10. Why did Tenar decide to go to the village?
(a) She wanted to find the strange men who had eaten with them.
(b) She wanted cloth for new clothes for Therru.
(c) They were running low on food.
(d) She needed to sell the books.
11. When Tenar and Therru came back from the village, what had someone done at their house?
(a) They had prepared a meal for her.
(b) They had cleaned it.
(c) They had put a spell on her.
(d) Someone had ransacked the place.
12. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
(a) Turnips and greens
(b) Goat stew
(d) Frog's legs
13. What did Aspen try to do to Tenar?
(a) He tried to put it curse on her.
(b) He tried to beat her.
(c) He tried to bless her.
(d) He tried to give her some linen.
14. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
(a) He treated her with great respect.
(b) He followed her everywhere she went.
(c) He insulted her.
(d) He refused to talk with her.
15. What did the villagers think of Ged after the incident during the night?
(a) They had a new respect for him.
(b) They laughed at him.
(c) They shunned him.
(d) They were afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tenar confused about?
2. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
3. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
4. What did Moss come to warn them of?
5. What gossip did the man bring?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)