|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
(a) She had nightmares.
(b) She was drawn to Therru's room.
(c) She could hear men trying to break into the house.
(d) She couldn't get comfortable.
2. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
(a) The local wizards
(c) The king
(d) No-one else knew
3. What was Tenar confused about?
(a) She was confused about what job Therru should have as she got older.
(b) She didn't know if she should stay in the area or go back to her home.
(c) She was confused about her friendship with Moss.
(d) She was confused about her feelings for Ged.
4. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(a) The beginning of desolation
(d) The end of a golden era
5. What were the strange men looking for?
(a) They were looking for Ged.
(b) They were looking for Tenar's ivory.
(c) They were looking for Therru.
(d) They were looking for Ogion's books.
6. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
(a) She started yelling at him.
(b) She ran up to him and put her arms up to him.
(c) She began to cry from happiness.
(d) She ran away.
7. What is the name of the man with the leather cap?
8. What job did Ged have on the farm?
(a) He became a herder in the high pasture for Farmer Serry.
(b) He was the overseer.
(c) He milked the cows.
(d) He made butter.
9. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
(a) They wanted nothing to do with her.
(b) They were scared of her.
(c) They wanted to help her in any way possible.
(d) They had great respect for her.
10. What was going to happen to the men who were coming after Therru?
(a) They were sent to prison.
(b) They were to be honored.
(c) They were to be hanged.
(d) They were released.
11. What did Tenar see on Therru's arm?
(b) A mark made from Handy's touch
12. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
(a) Goat stew
(c) Frog's legs
(d) Turnips and greens
13. What does Ged want to become?
(a) A Wanderer
(b) A shepherd
(c) A scholar
(d) A mage
14. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
(d) The goats
15. How does Ged feel about the king?
(a) He can't wait to see him again.
(b) He views the king like a son.
(c) He's not ready to face him.
(d) He is angry at the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
2. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
3. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
4. What did Moss come to warn them of?
5. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)