|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
(b) Her future
(c) Her weaknesses
(d) Her struggle to learn
2. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
(a) A self portrait
(b) A painting of China
(c) A spell
(d) A dragon
3. What impressed the men in Ogion's house?
(a) Tenar's powers
(b) The decor
(c) The wine
(d) The conversation
4. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He was frightened by her looks.
(b) He thought she had power in her.
(c) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
(d) He laughed at her ineptness.
5. Where does Tenar tell Ged to go?
(a) To her farm
(b) To the town
(c) To the sea
(d) The forest
6. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
7. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(d) Lark and Apple
8. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
(a) The goats
9. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
(a) People ran away.
(b) The villagers threw things at them.
(c) No-one noticed they came in.
(d) Many people came to see them, and they were welcomed..
10. Where did Tenar go to seek refuge?
(a) To Gont Port
(b) To the village
(c) To Moss' house
(d) To the forest
11. How did Tenar feel about her power?
(a) She had great pride in her power.
(b) She couldn't keep it under control.
(c) She felt it wasn't the whole package so it was useless.
(d) She only tapped into it for emergencies.
12. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
(a) She accuses him of embezzling.
(b) She says he has been using the life of the Lord's young son to prolong the Lord's life.
(c) She accuses him of faking his powers.
(d) She accuses it of insensitivity.
13. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
(a) She told him that she had run away with Therru because the child was so popular.
(b) She didn't tell him anything.
(c) She told him that a wizard had put a spell on her that meet her confused.
(d) She told him that she had a vision about going to her home.
14. Why did Tenar decide to go to the village?
(a) She wanted to find the strange men who had eaten with them.
(b) She wanted cloth for new clothes for Therru.
(c) She needed to sell the books.
(d) They were running low on food.
15. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
2. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
3. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
4. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
5. Who was to be the new Archmage of Roke?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)