|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
(a) To her farm
(b) To Lotin
(c) To Roke
(d) To the hills
2. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
(b) The goats
3. Where does Tenar tell Ged to go?
(a) To the town
(b) To her farm
(c) To the sea
(d) The forest
4. What job did Ged have on the farm?
(a) He milked the cows.
(b) He was the overseer.
(c) He became a herder in the high pasture for Farmer Serry.
(d) He made butter.
5. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
(a) She was drawn to Therru's room.
(b) She could hear men trying to break into the house.
(c) She couldn't get comfortable.
(d) She had nightmares.
6. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(a) The beginning of desolation
(d) The end of a golden era
7. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
(a) The villagers threw things at them.
(b) People ran away.
(c) No-one noticed they came in.
(d) Many people came to see them, and they were welcomed..
8. What did the sailor give to Therru?
(a) A carving of a dolphin
(b) Magic rocks
(c) A painting
(d) Some rope to practice knots
9. What did Ged say women could not be?
(b) Held back
10. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
(a) A spell
(b) A painting of China
(c) A dragon
(d) A self portrait
11. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
(a) She ignored the question.
(b) She asked the girl why she wanted to know.
(c) She told her the whole story.
(d) She lied to the girl.
12. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
(a) It was so familiar, it was like she knew it before she was born.
(b) It was difficult for her to understand.
(c) She could understand it, but she couldn't speak it.
(d) It was impossible for her to learn so she hated it.
13. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
(a) She didn't tell him anything.
(b) She told him that she had run away with Therru because the child was so popular.
(c) She told him that she had a vision about going to her home.
(d) She told him that a wizard had put a spell on her that meet her confused.
14. What did Aspen try to do to Tenar?
(a) He tried to put it curse on her.
(b) He tried to beat her.
(c) He tried to bless her.
(d) He tried to give her some linen.
15. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
(a) She asks a favor.
(b) She hits her.
(c) She hugs her.
(d) She kisses her cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about Ged?
2. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
3. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
4. To what age has Ged reverted to?
5. What did Therru do during the winter months?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)