|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
(a) They knelt before her and treated her with respect.
(b) They treated her as if she were an imbecile.
(c) They spat on her.
(d) They ignored her.
2. What did Therru like playing with?
(a) Bone figures
(b) Her rag dolls
3. What did the villagers think of Ged after the incident during the night?
(a) They laughed at him.
(b) They had a new respect for him.
(c) They shunned him.
(d) They were afraid of him.
4. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
(a) People ran away.
(b) The villagers threw things at them.
(c) Many people came to see them, and they were welcomed..
(d) No-one noticed they came in.
5. Who was Lebannen?
(a) A wizard
(b) Therru's mentor
(c) The new king
(d) Tenar's mentor
6. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
(a) Her weaknesses
(c) Her struggle to learn
(d) Her future
7. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
(a) She wished he had come earlier.
(b) She was happy she had sent someone to get him.
(c) She wished he had stayed up the mountain.
(d) She felt that it meant he still had some power left in him.
8. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She was beaten to death.
(b) She got a respectable job in the village.
(c) She came back for her daughter.
(d) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
9. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
(a) She told him that she had a vision about going to her home.
(b) She told him that she had run away with Therru because the child was so popular.
(c) She told him that a wizard had put a spell on her that meet her confused.
(d) She didn't tell him anything.
10. What happened to the man who wanted to check on Therru?
(a) He ran away when the other man was stabbed by pitchfork.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He saw that she was fine.
(d) He was invited in for dinner.
11. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(d) Lark and Apple
12. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
(b) The king
(c) No-one else knew
(d) The local wizards
13. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
(a) It was so familiar, it was like she knew it before she was born.
(b) She could understand it, but she couldn't speak it.
(c) It was difficult for her to understand.
(d) It was impossible for her to learn so she hated it.
14. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said he was a man to be feared.
(b) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
(c) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(d) She said he would save them all.
15. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ged want to become?
2. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
3. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
4. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
5. What happened to the relationship between Ged and Tenar as they lived on the farm together?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)