|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
(a) She felt the girl was on the edge of emotional collapse.
(b) She felt that the girl's fear brought the cause of her fear to her.
(c) She was afraid the girl would never lear anything.
(d) She was afraid Therru would commit suicide.
2. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
3. Who did they encounter before they got on the ship?
(c) The wizard
4. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
(a) No-one else knew
(c) The local wizards
(d) The king
5. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(a) Lark and Apple
6. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
(a) She says he has been using the life of the Lord's young son to prolong the Lord's life.
(b) She accuses him of faking his powers.
(c) She accuses him of embezzling.
(d) She accuses it of insensitivity.
7. What did Therru do during the winter months?
(a) She memorized the stories told to her.
(b) She learned to knit.
(c) She sank into a depression.
(d) She carved bone figures.
8. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(b) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
(c) She said he was a man to be feared.
(d) She said he would save them all.
9. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(a) The beginning of desolation
(c) The end of a golden era
10. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
(a) They wanted to help her in any way possible.
(b) They were scared of her.
(c) They had great respect for her.
(d) They wanted nothing to do with her.
11. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He thought she had power in her.
(b) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
(c) He laughed at her ineptness.
(d) He was frightened by her looks.
12. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
(a) She hugs her.
(b) She kisses her cheek.
(c) She hits her.
(d) She asks a favor.
13. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
14. What happened to the relationship between Ged and Tenar as they lived on the farm together?
(a) They realized they worked well together.
(b) They frequently fought.
(c) They realized they would never be anything more than good friends.
(d) They became lovers.
15. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
2. What did the sailor give to Therru?
3. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
4. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
5. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)