|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
(a) To Lotin
(b) To the hills
(c) To her farm
(d) To Roke
2. What did Tenar tell Therru about singing?
(a) Singing was only for powerful people.
(b) One had to sing perfectly or not at all.
(c) Singing comes from the mind, not the voice only.
(d) Singing was not a big deal.
3. What did Therru like playing with?
(a) Bone figures
(d) Her rag dolls
4. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(a) Lark and Apple
5. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
(a) They shunned the couple.
(b) They didn't react at all.
(c) They accept it with very little whispering and sniggering.
(d) They tried to help them get along.
6. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
(a) She lied to the girl.
(b) She asked the girl why she wanted to know.
(c) She ignored the question.
(d) She told her the whole story.
7. What is the name of the man with the leather cap?
8. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
(a) She felt completely at peace.
(b) She began to dream in the other language.
(c) She felt very unsettled.
(d) She had a vision about the girl.
9. When Tenar and Therru came back from the village, what had someone done at their house?
(a) They had put a spell on her.
(b) They had cleaned it.
(c) They had prepared a meal for her.
(d) Someone had ransacked the place.
10. What was Tenar confused about?
(a) She didn't know if she should stay in the area or go back to her home.
(b) She was confused about her friendship with Moss.
(c) She was confused about what job Therru should have as she got older.
(d) She was confused about her feelings for Ged.
11. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
(a) She wished he had come earlier.
(b) She felt that it meant he still had some power left in him.
(c) She was happy she had sent someone to get him.
(d) She wished he had stayed up the mountain.
12. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
(a) Her struggle to learn
(b) Her future
(d) Her weaknesses
13. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
(a) She realized that the girl had a gift for languages.
(b) It felt wrong.
(c) She couldn't remember the words.
(d) Therru ran away.
14. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
(a) She felt that the girl's fear brought the cause of her fear to her.
(b) She was afraid the girl would never lear anything.
(c) She felt the girl was on the edge of emotional collapse.
(d) She was afraid Therru would commit suicide.
15. What was going to happen to the men who were coming after Therru?
(a) They were to be hanged.
(b) They were sent to prison.
(c) They were to be honored.
(d) They were released.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
2. What is Therru drawn to when Tenar is brushing out her hair?
3. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
4. What did Moss come to warn them of?
5. What did the villagers think of Ged after the incident during the night?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)