|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was going to happen to the men who were coming after Therru?
(a) They were sent to prison.
(b) They were to be hanged.
(c) They were to be honored.
(d) They were released.
2. What were the strange men looking for?
(a) They were looking for Tenar's ivory.
(b) They were looking for Ogion's books.
(c) They were looking for Ged.
(d) They were looking for Therru.
3. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
(a) So he could get a job
(b) So Therru wouldn't see him
(c) So the villagers could identify him
(d) So he could go shopping
4. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
(a) A spell
(b) A dragon
(c) A self portrait
(d) A painting of China
5. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
(a) She accuses him of faking his powers.
(b) She says he has been using the life of the Lord's young son to prolong the Lord's life.
(c) She accuses him of embezzling.
(d) She accuses it of insensitivity.
6. When Tenar and Therru came back from the village, what had someone done at their house?
(a) They had prepared a meal for her.
(b) They had cleaned it.
(c) Someone had ransacked the place.
(d) They had put a spell on her.
7. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
(a) People ran away.
(b) The villagers threw things at them.
(c) Many people came to see them, and they were welcomed..
(d) No-one noticed they came in.
8. Why was Therru hiding?
(a) The dragon came back and scared her.
(b) The man who was there the time she was burned had come to the house.
(c) Her blood mother came to find her.
(d) She was playing hide-and-seek with Sippy the goat.
9. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
(a) To her farm
(b) To Roke
(c) To the hills
(d) To Lotin
10. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
11. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
(a) She asked the girl why she wanted to know.
(b) She ignored the question.
(c) She told her the whole story.
(d) She lied to the girl.
12. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(b) She said he would save them all.
(c) She said he was a man to be feared.
(d) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
13. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
(b) The king
(c) No-one else knew
(d) The local wizards
14. What impressed the men in Ogion's house?
(a) Tenar's powers
(b) The conversation
(c) The wine
(d) The decor
15. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
(a) She couldn't get comfortable.
(b) She had nightmares.
(c) She was drawn to Therru's room.
(d) She could hear men trying to break into the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sailor give to Therru?
2. How did Lebannen feel about Ged?
3. What is the name of the man with the leather cap?
4. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
5. Who did they encounter before they got on the ship?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)