|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Therru like playing with?
(a) Bone figures
(d) Her rag dolls
2. What does Ged want to become?
(a) A mage
(b) A Wanderer
(c) A scholar
(d) A shepherd
3. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He laughed at her ineptness.
(b) He thought she had power in her.
(c) He was frightened by her looks.
(d) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
4. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
(a) They wanted nothing to do with her.
(b) They wanted to help her in any way possible.
(c) They had great respect for her.
(d) They were scared of her.
5. When Tenar and Therru came back from the village, what had someone done at their house?
(a) They had prepared a meal for her.
(b) Someone had ransacked the place.
(c) They had cleaned it.
(d) They had put a spell on her.
6. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She began to cry from happiness.
(c) She started yelling at him.
(d) She ran up to him and put her arms up to him.
7. What did Ged say women could not be?
(a) Held back
8. Where does Tenar tell Ged to go?
(a) The forest
(b) To the town
(c) To the sea
(d) To her farm
9. What happened to the relationship between Ged and Tenar as they lived on the farm together?
(a) They became lovers.
(b) They frequently fought.
(c) They realized they would never be anything more than good friends.
(d) They realized they worked well together.
10. What was Lebannen's connection to Ged?
(a) Lebannen was a mentor for Ged.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They trained as wizards together.
(d) They died together in the dark land then came across the mountains of Pain.
11. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
(b) She was beaten to death.
(c) She came back for her daughter.
(d) She got a respectable job in the village.
12. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
13. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
(a) A dragon
(b) A self portrait
(c) A spell
(d) A painting of China
14. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
(a) She says he has been using the life of the Lord's young son to prolong the Lord's life.
(b) She accuses it of insensitivity.
(c) She accuses him of faking his powers.
(d) She accuses him of embezzling.
15. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
(b) Turnips and greens
(c) Frog's legs
(d) Goat stew
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
2. What was Therru like on the ship?
3. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
4. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
5. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)