|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did they encounter before they got on the ship?
(c) The wizard
2. What did Tenar see on Therru's arm?
(b) A mark made from Handy's touch
3. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
(a) He treated her with great respect.
(b) He insulted her.
(c) He refused to talk with her.
(d) He followed her everywhere she went.
4. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
(a) She was open to testing the girl to see if she was capable of learning.
(b) She was afraid of the power in the girl and refused to teach her.
(c) She was very exited and wanted to begin lessons immediately.
(d) She looked forward to it, but was too busy to begin immediately.
5. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
(a) They didn't react at all.
(b) They shunned the couple.
(c) They tried to help them get along.
(d) They accept it with very little whispering and sniggering.
6. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
(a) She was happy she had sent someone to get him.
(b) She wished he had come earlier.
(c) She felt that it meant he still had some power left in him.
(d) She wished he had stayed up the mountain.
7. What does Ged want to become?
(a) A Wanderer
(b) A scholar
(c) A mage
(d) A shepherd
8. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(a) The end of a golden era
(c) The beginning of desolation
9. What did Ged say women could not be?
(a) Held back
10. Who did Tenar mistake the young man for?
(a) Her son
11. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She easily slipped back into routine.
(b) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
(c) She feared the isolation.
(d) She felt the pride of ownership.
12. When Tenar and Therru came back from the village, what had someone done at their house?
(a) They had cleaned it.
(b) Someone had ransacked the place.
(c) They had put a spell on her.
(d) They had prepared a meal for her.
13. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She was beaten to death.
(b) She got a respectable job in the village.
(c) She came back for her daughter.
(d) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
14. What did Tenar tell Therru about singing?
(a) Singing was only for powerful people.
(b) Singing comes from the mind, not the voice only.
(c) Singing was not a big deal.
(d) One had to sing perfectly or not at all.
15. Why was Therru hiding?
(a) The dragon came back and scared her.
(b) The man who was there the time she was burned had come to the house.
(c) Her blood mother came to find her.
(d) She was playing hide-and-seek with Sippy the goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gossip did the man bring?
2. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
3. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
4. Where did Tenar go to seek refuge?
5. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)