|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tenar confused about?
(a) She was confused about what job Therru should have as she got older.
(b) She didn't know if she should stay in the area or go back to her home.
(c) She was confused about her feelings for Ged.
(d) She was confused about her friendship with Moss.
2. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
(b) Only if the man they are with is a wizard
(d) No, but they must perform a special ritual.
3. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
(b) Her future
(c) Her weaknesses
(d) Her struggle to learn
4. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
(a) It was difficult for her to understand.
(b) She could understand it, but she couldn't speak it.
(c) It was impossible for her to learn so she hated it.
(d) It was so familiar, it was like she knew it before she was born.
5. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
(a) They wanted to help her in any way possible.
(b) They were scared of her.
(c) They had great respect for her.
(d) They wanted nothing to do with her.
6. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
(a) Turnips and greens
(c) Goat stew
(d) Frog's legs
7. Who was to be the new Archmage of Roke?
(c) A woman on Gont
8. How did Tenar feel about her power?
(a) She felt it wasn't the whole package so it was useless.
(b) She couldn't keep it under control.
(c) She had great pride in her power.
(d) She only tapped into it for emergencies.
9. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
10. Who was Lebannen?
(a) Therru's mentor
(b) A wizard
(c) Tenar's mentor
(d) The new king
11. What was Lebannen's connection to Ged?
(a) They died together in the dark land then came across the mountains of Pain.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) Lebannen was a mentor for Ged.
(d) They trained as wizards together.
12. Why was Therru hiding?
(a) The man who was there the time she was burned had come to the house.
(b) The dragon came back and scared her.
(c) She was playing hide-and-seek with Sippy the goat.
(d) Her blood mother came to find her.
13. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
(a) She accuses him of embezzling.
(b) She accuses it of insensitivity.
(c) She says he has been using the life of the Lord's young son to prolong the Lord's life.
(d) She accuses him of faking his powers.
14. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
(a) A dragon
(b) A self portrait
(c) A painting of China
(d) A spell
15. What did the villagers think of Ged after the incident during the night?
(a) They laughed at him.
(b) They had a new respect for him.
(c) They were afraid of him.
(d) They shunned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the man who wanted to check on Therru?
2. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
3. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
4. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
5. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)