|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sailor give to Therru?
(a) Magic rocks
(b) A carving of a dolphin
(c) A painting
(d) Some rope to practice knots
2. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
3. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
4. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
(a) She couldn't get comfortable.
(b) She was drawn to Therru's room.
(c) She could hear men trying to break into the house.
(d) She had nightmares.
5. What did the villagers think of Ged after the incident during the night?
(a) They shunned him.
(b) They laughed at him.
(c) They were afraid of him.
(d) They had a new respect for him.
6. When Tenar and Therru came back from the village, what had someone done at their house?
(a) They had put a spell on her.
(b) Someone had ransacked the place.
(c) They had cleaned it.
(d) They had prepared a meal for her.
7. What gossip did the man bring?
(a) There was a new king in Havnor.
(b) A neighbor died.
(c) There was going to be a wizard battle.
(d) A storm was on its way.
8. What is Therru drawn to when Tenar is brushing out her hair?
(a) The dark color
(b) The silky texture
(c) The curls
(d) The sparks that fly to the sky
9. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
(a) Her weaknesses
(b) Her future
(d) Her struggle to learn
10. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She got a respectable job in the village.
(b) She came back for her daughter.
(c) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
(d) She was beaten to death.
11. What was Lebannen's connection to Ged?
(a) They died together in the dark land then came across the mountains of Pain.
(b) Lebannen was a mentor for Ged.
(c) They trained as wizards together.
(d) They were brothers.
12. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
(a) They had great respect for her.
(b) They wanted to help her in any way possible.
(c) They wanted nothing to do with her.
(d) They were scared of her.
13. What did Therru like playing with?
(c) Her rag dolls
(d) Bone figures
14. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(a) Lark and Apple
15. What job did Ged have on the farm?
(a) He was the overseer.
(b) He milked the cows.
(c) He became a herder in the high pasture for Farmer Serry.
(d) He made butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
2. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
3. What was Tenar confused about?
4. What does Ged want to become?
5. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)