|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
2. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
3. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
(a) She felt very unsettled.
(b) She had a vision about the girl.
(c) She began to dream in the other language.
(d) She felt completely at peace.
4. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
(a) She told her the whole story.
(b) She ignored the question.
(c) She lied to the girl.
(d) She asked the girl why she wanted to know.
5. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
(a) They had great respect for her.
(b) They were scared of her.
(c) They wanted to help her in any way possible.
(d) They wanted nothing to do with her.
6. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
(a) She asks a favor.
(b) She hits her.
(c) She kisses her cheek.
(d) She hugs her.
7. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep?
(a) She was drawn to Therru's room.
(b) She could hear men trying to break into the house.
(c) She had nightmares.
(d) She couldn't get comfortable.
8. To what age has Ged reverted to?
9. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about Ged?
(a) She said Ged was eager to cast spells for the king.
(b) She told him Ged no longer had powers.
(c) She said Ged was in training.
(d) She said she didn't know where he was.
10. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(a) The beginning of desolation
(c) The end of a golden era
11. What were the strange men looking for?
(a) They were looking for Tenar's ivory.
(b) They were looking for Therru.
(c) They were looking for Ged.
(d) They were looking for Ogion's books.
12. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She feared the isolation.
(b) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
(c) She easily slipped back into routine.
(d) She felt the pride of ownership.
13. How does Ged feel about the king?
(a) He is angry at the king.
(b) He views the king like a son.
(c) He's not ready to face him.
(d) He can't wait to see him again.
14. What is Therru drawn to when Tenar is brushing out her hair?
(a) The curls
(b) The sparks that fly to the sky
(c) The dark color
(d) The silky texture
15. What did Ged say women could not be?
(c) Held back
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Therru hiding?
2. What was going to happen to the men who were coming after Therru?
3. What was Therru like on the ship?
4. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
5. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)