|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the villagers think of Ged after the incident during the night?
(a) They had a new respect for him.
(b) They shunned him.
(c) They laughed at him.
(d) They were afraid of him.
2. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
(a) To Roke
(b) To her farm
(c) To Lotin
(d) To the hills
3. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He thought she had power in her.
(b) He laughed at her ineptness.
(c) He was frightened by her looks.
(d) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
4. How does Ged feel about the king?
(a) He views the king like a son.
(b) He is angry at the king.
(c) He's not ready to face him.
(d) He can't wait to see him again.
5. What is the name of the man with the leather cap?
6. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
(a) She felt that the girl's fear brought the cause of her fear to her.
(b) She felt the girl was on the edge of emotional collapse.
(c) She was afraid the girl would never lear anything.
(d) She was afraid Therru would commit suicide.
7. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
(b) Only if the man they are with is a wizard
(c) No, but they must perform a special ritual.
8. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
(b) No-one else knew
(c) The local wizards
(d) The king
9. What was going to happen to the men who were coming after Therru?
(a) They were to be hanged.
(b) They were to be honored.
(c) They were released.
(d) They were sent to prison.
10. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(c) Lark and Apple
11. What did Moss come to warn them of?
(a) Strange men in the village
(b) An illness in the town
(c) A fire nearby
(d) A political brawl
12. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
(a) She felt that it meant he still had some power left in him.
(b) She wished he had stayed up the mountain.
(c) She was happy she had sent someone to get him.
(d) She wished he had come earlier.
13. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
(a) She couldn't remember the words.
(b) She realized that the girl had a gift for languages.
(c) Therru ran away.
(d) It felt wrong.
14. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
15. Why did Tenar decide to go to the village?
(a) She wanted cloth for new clothes for Therru.
(b) They were running low on food.
(c) She wanted to find the strange men who had eaten with them.
(d) She needed to sell the books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did they encounter before they got on the ship?
2. What was Tenar confused about?
3. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
4. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
5. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)