|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the strange men looking for?
(a) They were looking for Ogion's books.
(b) They were looking for Therru.
(c) They were looking for Ged.
(d) They were looking for Tenar's ivory.
2. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
(c) The goats
3. What is Therru drawn to when Tenar is brushing out her hair?
(a) The dark color
(b) The sparks that fly to the sky
(c) The curls
(d) The silky texture
4. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
(a) She kisses her cheek.
(b) She hits her.
(c) She asks a favor.
(d) She hugs her.
5. Who was Lebannen?
(a) Therru's mentor
(b) The new king
(c) A wizard
(d) Tenar's mentor
6. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
(a) She was happy she had sent someone to get him.
(b) She wished he had come earlier.
(c) She wished he had stayed up the mountain.
(d) She felt that it meant he still had some power left in him.
7. Where does Tenar tell Ged to go?
(a) To her farm
(b) The forest
(c) To the sea
(d) To the town
8. Where was Therru hiding when Tenar came home from the village?
(a) She was in the forest.
(b) She was behind the door crouched behind the walking sticks.
(c) She was under the bed.
(d) She was at Moss' house.
9. What does Ged want to become?
(a) A scholar
(b) A mage
(c) A Wanderer
(d) A shepherd
10. What happened to the relationship between Ged and Tenar as they lived on the farm together?
(a) They frequently fought.
(b) They realized they would never be anything more than good friends.
(c) They realized they worked well together.
(d) They became lovers.
11. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He laughed at her ineptness.
(b) He was frightened by her looks.
(c) He thought she had power in her.
(d) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
12. What did Tenar tell Therru about singing?
(a) One had to sing perfectly or not at all.
(b) Singing was only for powerful people.
(c) Singing was not a big deal.
(d) Singing comes from the mind, not the voice only.
13. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
(a) They ignored her.
(b) They knelt before her and treated her with respect.
(c) They treated her as if she were an imbecile.
(d) They spat on her.
14. What did Therru like playing with?
(b) Bone figures
(d) Her rag dolls
15. When Tenar and Therru came back from the village, what had someone done at their house?
(a) They had cleaned it.
(b) Someone had ransacked the place.
(c) They had prepared a meal for her.
(d) They had put a spell on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about her power?
2. How did Lebannen feel about Ged?
3. Who did Tenar mistake the young man for?
4. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
5. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)