|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Therru do during the winter months?
(a) She learned to knit.
(b) She sank into a depression.
(c) She memorized the stories told to her.
(d) She carved bone figures.
2. What job did Ged have on the farm?
(a) He milked the cows.
(b) He became a herder in the high pasture for Farmer Serry.
(c) He made butter.
(d) He was the overseer.
3. What does Ged want to become?
(a) A Wanderer
(b) A shepherd
(c) A mage
(d) A scholar
4. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
(a) She wished he had come earlier.
(b) She felt that it meant he still had some power left in him.
(c) She wished he had stayed up the mountain.
(d) She was happy she had sent someone to get him.
5. What was Lebannen's connection to Ged?
(a) Lebannen was a mentor for Ged.
(b) They trained as wizards together.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They died together in the dark land then came across the mountains of Pain.
6. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
(a) They wanted nothing to do with her.
(b) They had great respect for her.
(c) They wanted to help her in any way possible.
(d) They were scared of her.
7. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
(a) He treated her with great respect.
(b) He insulted her.
(c) He refused to talk with her.
(d) He followed her everywhere she went.
8. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
(a) They knelt before her and treated her with respect.
(b) They treated her as if she were an imbecile.
(c) They spat on her.
(d) They ignored her.
9. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about Ged?
(a) She told him Ged no longer had powers.
(b) She said she didn't know where he was.
(c) She said Ged was eager to cast spells for the king.
(d) She said Ged was in training.
10. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
(a) It was impossible for her to learn so she hated it.
(b) It was so familiar, it was like she knew it before she was born.
(c) She could understand it, but she couldn't speak it.
(d) It was difficult for her to understand.
11. When Tenar and Therru came back from the village, what had someone done at their house?
(a) Someone had ransacked the place.
(b) They had put a spell on her.
(c) They had cleaned it.
(d) They had prepared a meal for her.
12. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
(a) She hugs her.
(b) She kisses her cheek.
(c) She asks a favor.
(d) She hits her.
13. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
(a) She ran up to him and put her arms up to him.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She began to cry from happiness.
(d) She started yelling at him.
14. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said he was a man to be feared.
(b) She said he would save them all.
(c) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(d) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
15. Why did Tenar decide to go to the village?
(a) They were running low on food.
(b) She wanted cloth for new clothes for Therru.
(c) She needed to sell the books.
(d) She wanted to find the strange men who had eaten with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about her power?
2. What happened to the man who wanted to check on Therru?
3. What did Tenar see on Therru's arm?
4. What did Aspen try to do to Tenar?
5. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)