|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lebannen?
(a) Therru's mentor
(b) The new king
(c) Tenar's mentor
(d) A wizard
2. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
3. What did Ged say women could not be?
(d) Held back
4. To what age has Ged reverted to?
5. What impressed the men in Ogion's house?
(a) The conversation
(b) The decor
(c) The wine
(d) Tenar's powers
6. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
(b) Frog's legs
(c) Turnips and greens
(d) Goat stew
7. How did the men from Havnor treat Tenar?
(a) They ignored her.
(b) They spat on her.
(c) They treated her as if she were an imbecile.
(d) They knelt before her and treated her with respect.
8. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
(a) They didn't react at all.
(b) They shunned the couple.
(c) They accept it with very little whispering and sniggering.
(d) They tried to help them get along.
9. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
(a) She began to cry from happiness.
(b) She started yelling at him.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She ran up to him and put her arms up to him.
10. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
(c) No, but they must perform a special ritual.
(d) Only if the man they are with is a wizard
11. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
12. Why was Therru hiding?
(a) She was playing hide-and-seek with Sippy the goat.
(b) Her blood mother came to find her.
(c) The dragon came back and scared her.
(d) The man who was there the time she was burned had come to the house.
13. What did the sailor give to Therru?
(a) A carving of a dolphin
(b) Some rope to practice knots
(c) A painting
(d) Magic rocks
14. What was Therru like on the ship?
(a) She was very happy and skipped about.
(b) She was sad and cried a lot.
(c) She was listless and withdrawn.
(d) She was very inquisitive.
15. What did Tenar see on Therru's arm?
(a) A mark made from Handy's touch
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
2. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
3. How does Ged feel about the king?
4. Where did Tenar go to seek refuge?
5. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)