|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
(a) A dragon
(b) A painting of China
(c) A self portrait
(d) A spell
2. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
(a) She wished he had stayed up the mountain.
(b) She felt that it meant he still had some power left in him.
(c) She was happy she had sent someone to get him.
(d) She wished he had come earlier.
3. What did Moss come to warn them of?
(a) An illness in the town
(b) Strange men in the village
(c) A political brawl
(d) A fire nearby
4. What gossip did the man bring?
(a) A storm was on its way.
(b) There was a new king in Havnor.
(c) There was going to be a wizard battle.
(d) A neighbor died.
5. What did Therru do during the winter months?
(a) She memorized the stories told to her.
(b) She sank into a depression.
(c) She carved bone figures.
(d) She learned to knit.
6. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
(a) She had a vision about the girl.
(b) She began to dream in the other language.
(c) She felt completely at peace.
(d) She felt very unsettled.
7. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(a) The end of a golden era
(c) The beginning of desolation
8. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She came back for her daughter.
(b) She was beaten to death.
(c) She got a respectable job in the village.
(d) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
9. How did Lebannen feel about Ged?
(a) He was angry at Ged.
(b) He grieved over the fact that he couldn't see him, but accepted it.
(c) He insisted on seeing Ged.
(d) He didn't really care whether or not they saw each other, he was just following protocol.
10. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(b) She said he was a man to be feared.
(c) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
(d) She said he would save them all.
11. Who did they encounter before they got on the ship?
(a) The wizard
12. What is the name of the man with the leather cap?
13. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She felt the pride of ownership.
(b) She feared the isolation.
(c) She easily slipped back into routine.
(d) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
14. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
(c) The goats
15. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
(a) She felt that the girl's fear brought the cause of her fear to her.
(b) She felt the girl was on the edge of emotional collapse.
(c) She was afraid Therru would commit suicide.
(d) She was afraid the girl would never lear anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
2. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
3. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
4. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
5. What did the sailor give to Therru?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)