|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
(a) She was afraid the girl would never lear anything.
(b) She felt that the girl's fear brought the cause of her fear to her.
(c) She felt the girl was on the edge of emotional collapse.
(d) She was afraid Therru would commit suicide.
2. What does Moss say is a woman's wealth?
(a) Her jewels
(b) Her reputation
(c) Her brain
(d) Her work-ethic
3. What was Tenar confused about?
(a) She was confused about her friendship with Moss.
(b) She was confused about what job Therru should have as she got older.
(c) She was confused about her feelings for Ged.
(d) She didn't know if she should stay in the area or go back to her home.
4. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She felt the pride of ownership.
(b) She feared the isolation.
(c) She easily slipped back into routine.
(d) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
5. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
(a) He treated her with great respect.
(b) He followed her everywhere she went.
(c) He refused to talk with her.
(d) He insulted her.
6. What does Ged want to become?
(a) A scholar
(b) A mage
(c) A Wanderer
(d) A shepherd
7. Why was Therru hiding?
(a) The man who was there the time she was burned had come to the house.
(b) She was playing hide-and-seek with Sippy the goat.
(c) Her blood mother came to find her.
(d) The dragon came back and scared her.
8. What were the strange men looking for?
(a) They were looking for Tenar's ivory.
(b) They were looking for Therru.
(c) They were looking for Ged.
(d) They were looking for Ogion's books.
9. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(b) Lark and Apple
10. What was Therru like on the ship?
(a) She was very inquisitive.
(b) She was sad and cried a lot.
(c) She was listless and withdrawn.
(d) She was very happy and skipped about.
11. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
(a) The villagers threw things at them.
(b) Many people came to see them, and they were welcomed..
(c) No-one noticed they came in.
(d) People ran away.
12. What impressed the men in Ogion's house?
(a) Tenar's powers
(b) The wine
(c) The decor
(d) The conversation
13. Where was Therru hiding when Tenar came home from the village?
(a) She was in the forest.
(b) She was behind the door crouched behind the walking sticks.
(c) She was at Moss' house.
(d) She was under the bed.
14. Why did Tenar decide to go to the village?
(a) They were running low on food.
(b) She needed to sell the books.
(c) She wanted cloth for new clothes for Therru.
(d) She wanted to find the strange men who had eaten with them.
15. Where does Tenar tell Ged to go?
(a) To the sea
(b) To the town
(c) To her farm
(d) The forest
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aspen try to do to Tenar?
2. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
3. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
4. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
5. What did Tenar tell Therru about singing?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)