|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
(b) She said he was a man to be feared.
(c) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(d) She said he would save them all.
2. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
(a) They accept it with very little whispering and sniggering.
(b) They shunned the couple.
(c) They tried to help them get along.
(d) They didn't react at all.
3. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(a) The end of a golden era
(b) The beginning of desolation
4. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
(a) To Lotin
(b) To her farm
(c) To the hills
(d) To Roke
5. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
(a) Therru ran away.
(b) She realized that the girl had a gift for languages.
(c) She couldn't remember the words.
(d) It felt wrong.
6. Where was Therru hiding when Tenar came home from the village?
(a) She was behind the door crouched behind the walking sticks.
(b) She was at Moss' house.
(c) She was in the forest.
(d) She was under the bed.
7. Who else knew that Ged had lost his powers?
(a) No-one else knew
(b) The local wizards
(c) The king
8. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
(a) Her future
(b) Her struggle to learn
(c) Her weaknesses
9. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
(b) She easily slipped back into routine.
(c) She felt the pride of ownership.
(d) She feared the isolation.
10. What did the man who came to Ogion's house want to buy?
(d) The goats
11. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
12. To what age has Ged reverted to?
13. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
(c) Only if the man they are with is a wizard
(d) No, but they must perform a special ritual.
14. How does Ged feel about the king?
(a) He can't wait to see him again.
(b) He views the king like a son.
(c) He's not ready to face him.
(d) He is angry at the king.
15. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
(b) He was frightened by her looks.
(c) He laughed at her ineptness.
(d) He thought she had power in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was to be the new Archmage of Roke?
2. How did the people in the village react to Tenar?
3. What were the strange men looking for?
4. What did Tenar think about Ged's timing for coming down the mountain?
5. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)