|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Therru like on the ship?
(a) She was listless and withdrawn.
(b) She was very happy and skipped about.
(c) She was very inquisitive.
(d) She was sad and cried a lot.
2. Where was Therru hiding when Tenar came home from the village?
(a) She was at Moss' house.
(b) She was under the bed.
(c) She was behind the door crouched behind the walking sticks.
(d) She was in the forest.
3. To what age has Ged reverted to?
4. What did the sailor give to Therru?
(a) Magic rocks
(b) A painting
(c) Some rope to practice knots
(d) A carving of a dolphin
5. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
(a) She kisses her cheek.
(b) She hits her.
(c) She hugs her.
(d) She asks a favor.
6. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
(a) He refused to talk with her.
(b) He followed her everywhere she went.
(c) He treated her with great respect.
(d) He insulted her.
7. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
(a) She ran up to him and put her arms up to him.
(b) She began to cry from happiness.
(c) She started yelling at him.
(d) She ran away.
8. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
9. What did Aspen try to do to Tenar?
(a) He tried to give her some linen.
(b) He tried to beat her.
(c) He tried to bless her.
(d) He tried to put it curse on her.
10. What was on the other side of the fan at the weaver's?
(a) A self portrait
(b) A dragon
(c) A spell
(d) A painting of China
11. How did Lebannen feel about Ged?
(a) He grieved over the fact that he couldn't see him, but accepted it.
(b) He didn't really care whether or not they saw each other, he was just following protocol.
(c) He was angry at Ged.
(d) He insisted on seeing Ged.
12. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She was beaten to death.
(b) She got a respectable job in the village.
(c) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
(d) She came back for her daughter.
13. What did Therru do during the winter months?
(a) She carved bone figures.
(b) She sank into a depression.
(c) She learned to knit.
(d) She memorized the stories told to her.
14. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
15. What did Therru like playing with?
(a) Bone figures
(d) Her rag dolls
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Ged have on the farm?
2. What did Ged see in Tenar before she married?
3. How does Ged feel about the king?
4. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
5. What did Moss accused the Wizard of doing?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)