|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lebannen feel about Ged?
(a) He didn't really care whether or not they saw each other, he was just following protocol.
(b) He was angry at Ged.
(c) He insisted on seeing Ged.
(d) He grieved over the fact that he couldn't see him, but accepted it.
2. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
(a) She said he would save them all.
(b) She said he should be regarded with suspicion.
(c) She said that she felt that he was a sorcerer who had been accursed or lost his power in some way.
(d) She said he was a man to be feared.
3. What is the name of the man with the leather cap?
4. What did Ivy think about teaching Therru?
(a) She was open to testing the girl to see if she was capable of learning.
(b) She was very exited and wanted to begin lessons immediately.
(c) She was afraid of the power in the girl and refused to teach her.
(d) She looked forward to it, but was too busy to begin immediately.
5. What kind of greeting did those on the ship get when they arrived in the harbor?
(a) No-one noticed they came in.
(b) The villagers threw things at them.
(c) People ran away.
(d) Many people came to see them, and they were welcomed..
6. What was Tenar confused about?
(a) She didn't know if she should stay in the area or go back to her home.
(b) She was confused about her friendship with Moss.
(c) She was confused about her feelings for Ged.
(d) She was confused about what job Therru should have as she got older.
7. Why did Tenar decide to go to the village?
(a) She wanted to find the strange men who had eaten with them.
(b) They were running low on food.
(c) She wanted cloth for new clothes for Therru.
(d) She needed to sell the books.
8. How did Aspen treat Tenar?
(a) He treated her with great respect.
(b) He followed her everywhere she went.
(c) He refused to talk with her.
(d) He insulted her.
9. To what age has Ged reverted to?
10. What is Therru drawn to when Tenar is brushing out her hair?
(a) The silky texture
(b) The sparks that fly to the sky
(c) The curls
(d) The dark color
11. What does Moss say is a woman's wealth?
(a) Her brain
(b) Her reputation
(c) Her jewels
(d) Her work-ethic
12. Why was Tenar afraid for Therru?
(a) She felt that the girl's fear brought the cause of her fear to her.
(b) She was afraid Therru would commit suicide.
(c) She was afraid the girl would never lear anything.
(d) She felt the girl was on the edge of emotional collapse.
13. Who did Tenar mistake the young man for?
(c) Her son
14. What did Therru do during the winter months?
(a) She memorized the stories told to her.
(b) She learned to knit.
(c) She sank into a depression.
(d) She carved bone figures.
15. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He thought she had power in her.
(b) He laughed at her ineptness.
(c) He was frightened by her looks.
(d) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about Old Speech?
2. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
3. Who came to Tenar and Therru's rescue?
4. What did Ged say women could not be?
5. Where did Tenar go to seek refuge?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)