|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Therru's blood mother?
(a) She disappeared, and no-one knew what happened to her.
(b) She came back for her daughter.
(c) She got a respectable job in the village.
(d) She was beaten to death.
2. What was going to happen to the men who were coming after Therru?
(a) They were released.
(b) They were to be honored.
(c) They were sent to prison.
(d) They were to be hanged.
3. What does Tenar do to Moss that she never has done before?
(a) She kisses her cheek.
(b) She hugs her.
(c) She asks a favor.
(d) She hits her.
4. What did Tenar see on Therru's arm?
(c) A mark made from Handy's touch
5. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She feared the isolation.
(b) She easily slipped back into routine.
(c) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
(d) She felt the pride of ownership.
6. Why did Ged take the man into the village?
(a) So he could go shopping
(b) So he could get a job
(c) So Therru wouldn't see him
(d) So the villagers could identify him
7. Did women of magic have to give up what the men do for power?
(a) No, but they must perform a special ritual.
(c) Only if the man they are with is a wizard
8. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
(a) She ignored the question.
(b) She told her the whole story.
(c) She lied to the girl.
(d) She asked the girl why she wanted to know.
9. Where did Tenar tell Lebannen she was going?
(a) To Lotin
(b) To the hills
(c) To her farm
(d) To Roke
10. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
(a) She told him that she had run away with Therru because the child was so popular.
(b) She told him that a wizard had put a spell on her that meet her confused.
(c) She told him that she had a vision about going to her home.
(d) She didn't tell him anything.
11. How did the villagers react to the relationship between Ged and Tenar?
(a) They shunned the couple.
(b) They accept it with very little whispering and sniggering.
(c) They tried to help them get along.
(d) They didn't react at all.
12. What were the strange men looking for?
(a) They were looking for Ged.
(b) They were looking for Tenar's ivory.
(c) They were looking for Ogion's books.
(d) They were looking for Therru.
13. What happened when Tenar started teaching Therru the true names of things?
(a) She realized that the girl had a gift for languages.
(b) It felt wrong.
(c) She couldn't remember the words.
(d) Therru ran away.
14. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(b) The beginning of desolation
(c) The end of a golden era
15. What did Therru do during the winter months?
(a) She learned to knit.
(b) She sank into a depression.
(c) She carved bone figures.
(d) She memorized the stories told to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivy tell Lark about Ged?
2. What happened when Tenar tried to sleep after she tried to teach Therru the language?
3. Who hunted for dinner with Therru?
4. How did Therru react to seeing Ged again?
5. How does Ged feel about the king?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)