|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about coming back home?
(a) She felt the pride of ownership.
(b) She easily slipped back into routine.
(c) She resented the fact that she had to come back.
(d) She feared the isolation.
2. What job did Ged have on the farm?
(a) He made butter.
(b) He became a herder in the high pasture for Farmer Serry.
(c) He was the overseer.
(d) He milked the cows.
3. What were they planning to eat for dinner?
(b) Frog's legs
(c) Goat stew
(d) Turnips and greens
4. What did Aspen try to do to Tenar?
(a) He tried to put it curse on her.
(b) He tried to give her some linen.
(c) He tried to bless her.
(d) He tried to beat her.
5. How did Tenar respond when Therru asked what happened after she saw the linen in the soaking tub?
(a) She lied to the girl.
(b) She told her the whole story.
(c) She ignored the question.
(d) She asked the girl why she wanted to know.
6. Who helped Tenar get her house back in order?
(a) Lark and Apple
7. Where was Therru hiding when Tenar came home from the village?
(a) She was in the forest.
(b) She was behind the door crouched behind the walking sticks.
(c) She was under the bed.
(d) She was at Moss' house.
8. What does Moss say is a woman's wealth?
(a) Her brain
(b) Her reputation
(c) Her work-ethic
(d) Her jewels
9. What did Moss come to warn them of?
(a) A fire nearby
(b) A political brawl
(c) Strange men in the village
(d) An illness in the town
10. Who was Lebannen?
(a) A wizard
(b) Therru's mentor
(c) Tenar's mentor
(d) The new king
11. What did the sorcerer think about Therru?
(a) He laughed at her ineptness.
(b) He felt she had severe limitations in learning.
(c) He thought she had power in her.
(d) He was frightened by her looks.
12. What do they feel the new king's reign might signify?
(c) The beginning of desolation
(d) The end of a golden era
13. Where does Tenar tell Ged to go?
(a) To her farm
(b) The forest
(c) To the town
(d) To the sea
14. What did Tenar tell Lebannen about what happened to her?
(a) She didn't tell him anything.
(b) She told him that she had run away with Therru because the child was so popular.
(c) She told him that she had a vision about going to her home.
(d) She told him that a wizard had put a spell on her that meet her confused.
15. What did Tenar see on Therru's arm?
(c) A mark made from Handy's touch
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar feel about her power?
2. What did Ged say women could not be?
3. What do many wizards deny themselves of for the sake of magical power?
4. What happened to the relationship between Ged and Tenar as they lived on the farm together?
5. What did Therru do during the winter months?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)