|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Ged been before he came to Ogion's house?
(a) Far west
(b) Far east
(c) Far north
(d) Far south
2. What was wrong with Ogion?
(a) He needed help cleaning his house.
(b) He couldn't interpret an important text.
(c) He was sick.
(d) He wanted to check on his student.
3. What happened when Ged tried to talk to the bird?
(a) It answered back to him.
(b) It flew over to him.
(c) It ignored him.
(d) It flew away fast.
4. How did Tenar feel about mourning?
(a) She embraced it.
(b) She didn't mourn. It was a waste of time in her opinion.
(c) She was sick of it.
(d) She understood it was an important process.
5. How did Tenar and Moss get along as Ogion died?
(a) Their friendship was fake.
(b) They were friends.
(c) They ignored each other.
(d) They hated each other.
6. Where did Ged sleep?
(a) On Ogion's bed
(b) He slept with Tenar.
(c) He slept outdoors with the goats.
(d) On the edge of the cliff.
7. How did Ogion react to the people who tried to visit him?
(a) He asked them for gifts.
(b) He sent them away.
(c) He blessed them.
(d) He invited them in.
8. What did Tenar show the people when she originally arrived in Havnor?
(a) A letter from the king
(b) A magic trick
(c) The Ring
(d) Her light-colored hair
9. When did the man plan to die?
(a) That evening
(b) The next day
(c) He had no control over his death.
(d) After Ged returned
10. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
(a) She told her stories to keep the companion's mind off her tiredness.
(b) She taught her which berries to pick.
(c) She rented a buggy.
(d) She made a map.
11. Why was Tenar still at Ogion's house?
(a) He had told her to wait.
(b) Moss needed her.
(c) It was more comfortable than her own home.
(d) She had to stay there to train to be a wizard.
12. What did Ogion want Tenar want to do to Therru?
(a) Teach her
(b) Give her up for adoption
(c) Kill her
(d) Love her
13. What did the dragon bring?
(b) Ancient books
14. Where did the widow and her companion sleep at night?
(a) In fine hotels
(b) On a boat
(c) In houses of friends
(d) They camped along the road.
15. What did Moss tell Therru about?
(b) The dangers of the strangers in the land
(d) The history of the town
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
2. Where was Ogion buried?
3. What did Ged think Tenar should take with her when she went back to her house?
4. What was the widow's husband's name?
5. Who did the burned child belong to?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)