|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Therru lose?
(a) Her walking stick
(b) Her brush
(c) Her bracelet
(d) Sippy the goat
2. How did Tenar feel about mourning?
(a) She didn't mourn. It was a waste of time in her opinion.
(b) She was sick of it.
(c) She understood it was an important process.
(d) She embraced it.
3. How did Ged react to Tenar when he work up?
(a) He tried to embrace her.
(b) He called her by name.
(c) He fought her.
(d) He tried to get away from her.
4. What did Tenar prepare to sell in town?
(a) Goat hair for the weaver.
(b) She went to sell eggs.
(c) She prepared to sell Ogion's books.
(d) She made some pies to sell.
5. Which of the following was one of Aunty Moss' skills?
(a) Basket making
(d) Detailed sorcery
6. Where did the widow and her companion sleep at night?
(a) In houses of friends
(b) They camped along the road.
(c) In fine hotels
(d) On a boat
7. What did Ged think Tenar should take with her when she went back to her house?
(a) Ogion's staff
(b) The Ring
(c) Ogion's books
(d) The dragon fan
8. Who saved Ged from death?
(a) The new king
(c) A dragon
9. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
(a) She couldn't see.
(b) She didn't have enough food.
(c) She missed her family.
(d) She tired easily.
10. Who was in Ogion's house?
(a) His family
(b) It seemed like the entire neighborhood showed up.
(c) No-one. He sent them off.
(d) A group of the highest wizards in the land
11. What was Therru's singing like?
(a) She couldn't sing at all.
(b) She always sang off-tune.
(c) She had an incredibly sweet singing voice.
(d) She had an abrasive, loud singing voice.
12. How did the widow react to the news that Ogion wanted her to come?
(a) She sent a message back that she would visit in her own time.
(b) She prepared to leave immediately.
(c) She ignored the messenger.
(d) She yelled at the messenger.
13. Who was with the child while Lark summoned the widow?
(b) Ivy, the witch
(c) Her parents
14. Where did Tenar like to go she was alone?
(a) The desert
(b) The cliff
(c) The woods
(d) Into her house
15. How did Ogion react to the people who tried to visit him?
(a) He blessed them.
(b) He asked them for gifts.
(c) He invited them in.
(d) He sent them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Ged been before he came to Ogion's house?
2. What did Ogion do the day he died?
3. What did Ged think Tenar should have let Therru do?
4. What did Therru think of Ged?
5. Why did Lark come for the widow's help?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)