|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tenar prepare to sell in town?
(a) She went to sell eggs.
(b) She prepared to sell Ogion's books.
(c) Goat hair for the weaver.
(d) She made some pies to sell.
2. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
(a) She could sleep anywhere.
(b) She couldn't sleep.
(c) She would cry.
(d) She became loopy.
3. What did Moss warn Tenar of when she saw Ged?
(a) Ged's evil powers.
(b) Trickery and transformations
(c) She told Tenar not to be swayed by his handsome lookds.
(d) His desire to harm Therru
4. How did the widow feel all alone at night in the house?
(a) The night terrified her.
(b) She regularly invited friends over to dispel the loneliness of night.
(c) She was fine with the idea. She had done it in the past and would start doing it again.
(d) She embraced the night as her favorite time.
5. Who looked after Therru while Tenar was with Ogion?
(b) She looked after herself.
(c) The wizards
6. What did Ged think Tenar should have let Therru do?
7. What did the widow say the hawk would do?
(b) Bring life back
(c) Come back
(d) Fly off for help
8. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
(a) They backed off.
(b) They laughed.
(c) They bowed.
(d) They made a sign to ward off evil spirits then ran away.
9. What did Ogion do the day he died?
(a) He had a ritual bath.
(b) He walked outdoors.
(c) He wrote a final letter to Ged.
(d) He wrote down his favorite spells for Tenar to use.
10. What shape did Ged use to visit Ogion once?
(a) A lion
(b) A mouse
(c) A falcon
(d) A woman
11. What was the widow called by her husband?
12. What did Ogion tell Tenar before he died?
(a) His secret hiding place for his money
(b) His name
(c) His son's name
(d) His favorite spell
13. What was wrong with Ogion?
(a) He couldn't interpret an important text.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He needed help cleaning his house.
(d) He wanted to check on his student.
14. What happened when Ged tried to talk to the bird?
(a) It answered back to him.
(b) It flew away fast.
(c) It ignored him.
(d) It flew over to him.
15. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
(a) She rented a buggy.
(b) She told her stories to keep the companion's mind off her tiredness.
(c) She made a map.
(d) She taught her which berries to pick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tenar show the people when she originally arrived in Havnor?
2. What was Therru's singing like?
3. What did the dragon bring?
4. What was the dragon's name?
5. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)