|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tenar like to go she was alone?
(a) Into her house
(b) The cliff
(c) The woods
(d) The desert
2. What was wrong with Ogion?
(a) He needed help cleaning his house.
(b) He couldn't interpret an important text.
(c) He wanted to check on his student.
(d) He was sick.
3. What was the name of the widow's home?
(a) Windy Meadows
(b) The Impossible Dream
(c) Oak Farm
(d) River's Edge
4. Who did the widow take on her journey?
(a) The burned child.
(b) Her son
(c) Her daughter
5. What shape did Ged use to visit Ogion once?
(a) A lion
(b) A woman
(c) A falcon
(d) A mouse
6. How did Tenar feel about mourning?
(a) She understood it was an important process.
(b) She was sick of it.
(c) She didn't mourn. It was a waste of time in her opinion.
(d) She embraced it.
7. What was the widow's husband's name?
8. How did Tenar feel about her marriage?
(a) She felt she lived well.
(b) She felt as if she lost her sense of self in marriage.
(c) She regretted it.
(d) It was forced on her, and she felt resentful.
9. How did the widow feel all alone at night in the house?
(a) She was fine with the idea. She had done it in the past and would start doing it again.
(b) She regularly invited friends over to dispel the loneliness of night.
(c) The night terrified her.
(d) She embraced the night as her favorite time.
10. What has Ged lost?
(a) Sippy the goat
(b) His walking staff
(c) His ability to smile
(d) His power
11. What did Tenar prepare to sell in town?
(a) She prepared to sell Ogion's books.
(b) She went to sell eggs.
(c) She made some pies to sell.
(d) Goat hair for the weaver.
12. What was Ogion's house like when they arrived?
(a) It was very welcoming.
(b) It was a pit of filth.
(c) The fire was out, but Ogion greeted them from his mattress on the floor.
(d) It was crowded with well-wishers.
13. What did Tenar show the people when she originally arrived in Havnor?
(a) The Ring
(b) A magic trick
(c) Her light-colored hair
(d) A letter from the king
14. Why did the messenger come to the widow more than a year after she went to the burned child?
(a) The Mage of Re Albi wanted her to come.
(b) He was looking for the child.
(c) He warned her to stay home.
(d) He had a message from the dragons.
15. What did the widow give the history of as she and the companion walked?
(a) The history of her life
(b) She gave the story of the history of dragons.
(c) The history of the land they lived in
(d) The history of her companion's life
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did her husband's name suit her so well?
2. When did the man plan to die?
3. What was the widow's daughter's name?
4. What did Tenar see as she gazed over the sea?
5. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)