|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
(a) She rented a buggy.
(b) She made a map.
(c) She taught her which berries to pick.
(d) She told her stories to keep the companion's mind off her tiredness.
2. What was the widow's daughter's name?
3. What did Ogion tell Tenar before he died?
(a) His secret hiding place for his money
(b) His name
(c) His son's name
(d) His favorite spell
4. What did Ogion do the day he died?
(a) He wrote a final letter to Ged.
(b) He had a ritual bath.
(c) He wrote down his favorite spells for Tenar to use.
(d) He walked outdoors.
5. Why did Lark come for the widow's help?
(a) The widow was Lark's only friend.
(b) She asked anybody she could.
(c) The child asked for the widow.
(d) The widow learned healing on the mountain.
6. How did Moss treat Therru?
(a) She expected the child to act as a servant.
(b) She blessed the child.
(c) She immediately accepted her and began teaching her.
(d) She cursed her for her deformity.
7. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
(a) They backed off.
(b) They made a sign to ward off evil spirits then ran away.
(c) They bowed.
(d) They laughed.
8. Where did the widow and her companion sleep at night?
(a) In fine hotels
(b) On a boat
(c) They camped along the road.
(d) In houses of friends
9. What did the widow say her name was?
10. What did Tenar show the people when she originally arrived in Havnor?
(a) A letter from the king
(b) A magic trick
(c) Her light-colored hair
(d) The Ring
11. Who was Ogion's last prentice?
12. Where did the widow and child travel?
(a) Across the desert
(b) They traveled into the foothills of Gont Mountain.
(c) On the ocean
(d) Across Oak Hill
13. What was Ogion in relation to the widow?
(a) He was her adoptive father.
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her son
14. How did Tenar and Moss get along 25 years prior to Ogion's death?
(a) They hated each other.
(b) There was a false acceptance between the two.
(c) They were immediate best friends.
(d) They ignored each other.
15. Who was the witch of Re Albi?
(b) Aunty Moss
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ogion's true name?
2. What was wrong with Ogion?
3. What tool did the widow give Therru to help her on her journey?
4. Which of the following was one of Aunty Moss' skills?
5. Where had Ged been before he came to Ogion's house?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)