|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the dragon's name?
2. Where was the widow's son?
(a) He stayed at home and never left.
(b) He was in his law office.
(c) He was out hunting.
(d) He was out at sea.
3. Who saved Ged from death?
(a) A dragon
(d) The new king
4. Why did Lark come to the widow?
(a) She wanted her to go to a burned child.
(b) She wanted to show her some plants she found.
(c) She wanted to bring her food.
(d) She wanted to catch up on gossip.
5. What did the widow own?
(a) She owned fine art and a collection of antiques.
(b) She owned nothing.
(c) She owned a wealth of fabrics and jewels.
(d) She owned a flock of sheep and land to pasture them as well as two tenant's cottages and an old stone farmhouse.
6. Where did the widow and her companion sleep at night?
(a) In fine hotels
(b) On a boat
(c) They camped along the road.
(d) In houses of friends
7. What did Moss warn Tenar of when she saw Ged?
(a) She told Tenar not to be swayed by his handsome lookds.
(b) His desire to harm Therru
(c) Ged's evil powers.
(d) Trickery and transformations
8. Which of the following was one of Aunty Moss' skills?
(b) Detailed sorcery
(c) Basket making
9. What fruit did Therru find in Ogion's yard?
10. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
(a) She taught her which berries to pick.
(b) She told her stories to keep the companion's mind off her tiredness.
(c) She made a map.
(d) She rented a buggy.
11. How did Tenar feel about her marriage?
(a) She felt she lived well.
(b) It was forced on her, and she felt resentful.
(c) She regretted it.
(d) She felt as if she lost her sense of self in marriage.
12. Who is Ogion?
(a) An old schoolmate
(b) A merchant
(c) A cousin
(d) A wizard
13. Where did Ged sleep?
(a) He slept with Tenar.
(b) On the edge of the cliff.
(c) On Ogion's bed
(d) He slept outdoors with the goats.
14. What was the widow's husband's name?
15. What was Therru's singing like?
(a) She couldn't sing at all.
(b) She had an abrasive, loud singing voice.
(c) She always sang off-tune.
(d) She had an incredibly sweet singing voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
2. Who did the burned child belong to?
3. What did Tenar see as she gazed over the sea?
4. How did Tenar get Ged to the house?
5. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)