|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in a true name according to the widow?
(a) Your past
(b) Your true self
(c) Your future
(d) Your kinship to nature
2. What did Ogion do the day he died?
(a) He wrote a final letter to Ged.
(b) He walked outdoors.
(c) He had a ritual bath.
(d) He wrote down his favorite spells for Tenar to use.
3. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
(a) The sound of wings
(b) The sound of thunder
(c) The sound of dishes clattering
(d) The bright sun
4. What tool did the widow give Therru to help her on her journey?
(a) A donkey
(b) A staff like a wizard's staff.
(c) She carried her
(d) A go-cart
5. What was the widow's husband's name?
6. What was the dragon's name?
7. What did Moss warn Tenar of when she saw Ged?
(a) Ged's evil powers.
(b) Trickery and transformations
(c) She told Tenar not to be swayed by his handsome lookds.
(d) His desire to harm Therru
8. How did Tenar feel about her marriage?
(a) She felt she lived well.
(b) She regretted it.
(c) She felt as if she lost her sense of self in marriage.
(d) It was forced on her, and she felt resentful.
9. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
(a) She would cry.
(b) She became loopy.
(c) She could sleep anywhere.
(d) She couldn't sleep.
10. What type of men did Tenar know from her childhood?
11. Who was with the child while Lark summoned the widow?
(c) Ivy, the witch
(d) Her parents
12. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
(a) They made a sign to ward off evil spirits then ran away.
(b) They bowed.
(c) They backed off.
(d) They laughed.
13. How did Ogion react to the people who tried to visit him?
(a) He sent them away.
(b) He invited them in.
(c) He blessed them.
(d) He asked them for gifts.
14. How did Ogion feel about teaching Tenar?
(a) He taught her until she didn't want to be taught anymore.
(b) He reluctantly taught her a few basic words and spells.
(c) He thought she was stupid.
(d) He didn't want to teach her because she was a female.
15. What did the widow say her name was?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lark come to the widow?
2. When did the man plan to die?
3. What did the widow own?
4. How did Tenar feel about mourning?
5. What did Tenar prepare to sell in town?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)