|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the widow's son?
(a) He was out hunting.
(b) He was in his law office.
(c) He was out at sea.
(d) He stayed at home and never left.
2. What did Therru think of Ged?
(a) He made her cry.
(b) She was scared of him.
(c) He made her laugh.
(d) She liked to follow him.
3. Where had Ged been before he came to Ogion's house?
(a) Far west
(b) Far east
(c) Far south
(d) Far north
4. Who told Lark that the child was burned?
(a) The child's mother.
(b) The child's father.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A man traveling with the tramps.
5. What did Ged think Tenar should take with her when she went back to her house?
(a) Ogion's staff
(b) The dragon fan
(c) Ogion's books
(d) The Ring
6. What did Ged think Tenar should have let Therru do?
7. Why was Tenar still at Ogion's house?
(a) She had to stay there to train to be a wizard.
(b) Moss needed her.
(c) He had told her to wait.
(d) It was more comfortable than her own home.
8. What shape did Ged use to visit Ogion once?
(a) A mouse
(b) A woman
(c) A falcon
(d) A lion
9. How did Ogion feel about teaching Tenar?
(a) He reluctantly taught her a few basic words and spells.
(b) He didn't want to teach her because she was a female.
(c) He thought she was stupid.
(d) He taught her until she didn't want to be taught anymore.
10. What was wrong with Ogion?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He needed help cleaning his house.
(c) He wanted to check on his student.
(d) He couldn't interpret an important text.
11. What did Ogion seem to see as he was dying?
(a) A dragon
(b) A group of wizards
(c) A hawk
12. Who was Ogion's last prentice?
13. What did the widow say the hawk would do?
(a) Fly off for help
(c) Come back
(d) Bring life back
14. What did the widow give the history of as she and the companion walked?
(a) The history of the land they lived in
(b) The history of her life
(c) The history of her companion's life
(d) She gave the story of the history of dragons.
15. What did Moss warn Tenar of when she saw Ged?
(a) Ged's evil powers.
(b) His desire to harm Therru
(c) Trickery and transformations
(d) She told Tenar not to be swayed by his handsome lookds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tenar like to go she was alone?
2. What is in a true name according to the widow?
3. Where was Ogion buried?
4. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
5. Who did the widow take on her journey?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)