|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the widow called by her husband?
2. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
(a) She could sleep anywhere.
(b) She couldn't sleep.
(c) She became loopy.
(d) She would cry.
3. When did the man plan to die?
(a) After Ged returned
(b) That evening
(c) He had no control over his death.
(d) The next day
4. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
(a) She tired easily.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She didn't have enough food.
(d) She couldn't see.
5. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
(a) The bright sun
(b) The sound of dishes clattering
(c) The sound of thunder
(d) The sound of wings
6. Who was with the child while Lark summoned the widow?
(b) Her parents
(d) Ivy, the witch
7. Where did the widow and child travel?
(a) Across Oak Hill
(b) They traveled into the foothills of Gont Mountain.
(c) On the ocean
(d) Across the desert
8. What did Ogion seem to see as he was dying?
(a) A dragon
(c) A hawk
(d) A group of wizards
9. Who looked after Therru while Tenar was with Ogion?
(b) The wizards
(d) She looked after herself.
10. Why did the messenger come to the widow more than a year after she went to the burned child?
(a) He warned her to stay home.
(b) The Mage of Re Albi wanted her to come.
(c) He had a message from the dragons.
(d) He was looking for the child.
11. Where did Sparrowhawk spend hours as he was healing?
(a) In the house
(b) At Ogion's grave
(c) Swimming in the sea
(d) In the garden
12. What did Tenar prepare to sell in town?
(a) Goat hair for the weaver.
(b) She made some pies to sell.
(c) She went to sell eggs.
(d) She prepared to sell Ogion's books.
13. Who is Ogion?
(a) A wizard
(b) An old schoolmate
(c) A merchant
(d) A cousin
14. What was Ogion in relation to the widow?
(a) He was her adoptive father.
(c) Her cousin
(d) Her son
15. What was Ogion's house like when they arrived?
(a) It was crowded with well-wishers.
(b) It was a pit of filth.
(c) The fire was out, but Ogion greeted them from his mattress on the floor.
(d) It was very welcoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ged react to Tenar when he work up?
2. What does Therru mean?
3. Which of the following was one of Aunty Moss' skills?
4. What did Ged think Tenar should have let Therru do?
5. What tool did the widow give Therru to help her on her journey?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)