|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Therru's playmates?
(b) The adults around Ogion's home
(c) The local children
(d) She had no playmates.
2. How did Ogion react to the people who tried to visit him?
(a) He asked them for gifts.
(b) He blessed them.
(c) He sent them away.
(d) He invited them in.
3. How did Ged react to Tenar when he work up?
(a) He tried to get away from her.
(b) He tried to embrace her.
(c) He called her by name.
(d) He fought her.
4. Where did the widow and her companion sleep at night?
(a) In fine hotels
(b) On a boat
(c) In houses of friends
(d) They camped along the road.
5. What was the widow's husband's name?
6. How did Therru generally react when touched?
(a) She craved touch.
(b) She never reacted when touched.
(c) She withdrew.
(d) It made her scream.
7. Where did Spark tell Ogion he wanted to go?
(a) Out to sea
(b) On a quest
(c) To the woods
(d) On a ride on the back of a dragon
8. Who saved Ged from death?
(b) A dragon
(d) The new king
9. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
(a) They bowed.
(b) They made a sign to ward off evil spirits then ran away.
(c) They laughed.
(d) They backed off.
10. What did the widow say her name was?
11. What did Tenar show the people when she originally arrived in Havnor?
(a) The Ring
(b) A letter from the king
(c) Her light-colored hair
(d) A magic trick
12. What was wrong with Ogion?
(a) He couldn't interpret an important text.
(b) He wanted to check on his student.
(c) He needed help cleaning his house.
(d) He was sick.
13. Where was Ogion buried?
(a) Re Albi
(b) Where he died
(c) Oak Meadow
(d) Gont Port
14. What did the widow give the history of as she and the companion walked?
(a) The history of the land they lived in
(b) The history of her companion's life
(c) She gave the story of the history of dragons.
(d) The history of her life
15. What was Ogion in relation to the widow?
(a) He was her adoptive father.
(c) Her son
(d) Her cousin
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tenar and Moss get along as Ogion died?
2. What did Ogion seem to see as he was dying?
3. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
4. What does Therru mean?
5. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)