|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tenar like to go she was alone?
(a) The woods
(b) The cliff
(c) Into her house
(d) The desert
2. Where did the widow and her companion sleep at night?
(a) In fine hotels
(b) On a boat
(c) They camped along the road.
(d) In houses of friends
3. What did Therru think of Ged?
(a) He made her cry.
(b) She was scared of him.
(c) She liked to follow him.
(d) He made her laugh.
4. What was wrong with Ogion?
(a) He couldn't interpret an important text.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He needed help cleaning his house.
(d) He wanted to check on his student.
5. How did the widow feel all alone at night in the house?
(a) She regularly invited friends over to dispel the loneliness of night.
(b) The night terrified her.
(c) She embraced the night as her favorite time.
(d) She was fine with the idea. She had done it in the past and would start doing it again.
6. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
(a) They laughed.
(b) They made a sign to ward off evil spirits then ran away.
(c) They backed off.
(d) They bowed.
7. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
(a) She would cry.
(b) She couldn't sleep.
(c) She became loopy.
(d) She could sleep anywhere.
8. What did Tenar show the people when she originally arrived in Havnor?
(a) Her light-colored hair
(b) A magic trick
(c) The Ring
(d) A letter from the king
9. Why did the messenger come to the widow more than a year after she went to the burned child?
(a) He was looking for the child.
(b) The Mage of Re Albi wanted her to come.
(c) He warned her to stay home.
(d) He had a message from the dragons.
10. How did Ged react to Tenar when he work up?
(a) He called her by name.
(b) He fought her.
(c) He tried to get away from her.
(d) He tried to embrace her.
11. What did the widow own?
(a) She owned fine art and a collection of antiques.
(b) She owned a wealth of fabrics and jewels.
(c) She owned nothing.
(d) She owned a flock of sheep and land to pasture them as well as two tenant's cottages and an old stone farmhouse.
12. What shape did Ged use to visit Ogion once?
(a) A woman
(b) A falcon
(c) A mouse
(d) A lion
13. Who told Lark that the child was burned?
(a) A stranger.
(b) The child's father.
(c) The child's mother.
(d) A man traveling with the tramps.
14. What was the widow called by her husband?
15. What did Ogion do the day he died?
(a) He wrote down his favorite spells for Tenar to use.
(b) He had a ritual bath.
(c) He walked outdoors.
(d) He wrote a final letter to Ged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Therru lose?
2. What did the widow say her name was?
3. Who was the witch of Re Albi?
4. What did Ged think Tenar should take with her when she went back to her house?
5. What happened to the tramps after they burned the child?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)