|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ogion?
(a) A wizard
(b) A merchant
(c) A cousin
(d) An old schoolmate
2. What was Therru's singing like?
(a) She had an abrasive, loud singing voice.
(b) She couldn't sing at all.
(c) She always sang off-tune.
(d) She had an incredibly sweet singing voice.
3. Who were Therru's playmates?
(a) She had no playmates.
(b) The local children
(c) The adults around Ogion's home
4. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
(a) She would cry.
(b) She became loopy.
(c) She could sleep anywhere.
(d) She couldn't sleep.
5. Who did the widow take on her journey?
(a) The burned child.
(b) Her son
(d) Her daughter
6. What tool did the widow give Therru to help her on her journey?
(a) A donkey
(b) A go-cart
(c) She carried her
(d) A staff like a wizard's staff.
7. How did Tenar get Ged to the house?
(a) She made him walk.
(b) She used a spell.
(c) She called on her friends to help her.
(d) She couldn't so she left him on the cliff.
8. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
(a) She tired easily.
(b) She missed her family.
(c) She couldn't see.
(d) She didn't have enough food.
9. What was the widow's daughter's name?
10. Who was in Ogion's house?
(a) It seemed like the entire neighborhood showed up.
(b) A group of the highest wizards in the land
(c) His family
(d) No-one. He sent them off.
11. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
(a) She told her stories to keep the companion's mind off her tiredness.
(b) She rented a buggy.
(c) She made a map.
(d) She taught her which berries to pick.
12. Why did the messenger come to the widow more than a year after she went to the burned child?
(a) The Mage of Re Albi wanted her to come.
(b) He warned her to stay home.
(c) He was looking for the child.
(d) He had a message from the dragons.
13. How did Ogion react to the people who tried to visit him?
(a) He sent them away.
(b) He asked them for gifts.
(c) He invited them in.
(d) He blessed them.
14. What did the widow say her name was?
15. What was wrong with Ogion?
(a) He needed help cleaning his house.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He couldn't interpret an important text.
(d) He wanted to check on his student.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
2. Where did Ged sleep?
3. Why did Lark come to the widow?
4. What did Tenar show the people when she originally arrived in Havnor?
5. What happened to the tramps after they burned the child?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)