|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was one of Aunty Moss' skills?
(c) Detailed sorcery
(d) Basket making
2. What was Ogion's house like when they arrived?
(a) It was a pit of filth.
(b) It was crowded with well-wishers.
(c) The fire was out, but Ogion greeted them from his mattress on the floor.
(d) It was very welcoming.
3. Who was the witch of Re Albi?
(b) Aunty Moss
4. Who was in Ogion's house?
(a) It seemed like the entire neighborhood showed up.
(b) His family
(c) No-one. He sent them off.
(d) A group of the highest wizards in the land
5. Why did Lark come to the widow?
(a) She wanted to show her some plants she found.
(b) She wanted to catch up on gossip.
(c) She wanted her to go to a burned child.
(d) She wanted to bring her food.
6. Who were Therru's playmates?
(a) The adults around Ogion's home
(b) The local children
(c) She had no playmates.
7. How did Tenar feel about her marriage?
(a) She regretted it.
(b) It was forced on her, and she felt resentful.
(c) She felt she lived well.
(d) She felt as if she lost her sense of self in marriage.
8. Why did Lark come for the widow's help?
(a) The widow was Lark's only friend.
(b) She asked anybody she could.
(c) The widow learned healing on the mountain.
(d) The child asked for the widow.
9. How did Moss treat Therru?
(a) She immediately accepted her and began teaching her.
(b) She expected the child to act as a servant.
(c) She blessed the child.
(d) She cursed her for her deformity.
10. Where did the widow and her companion sleep at night?
(a) In fine hotels
(b) In houses of friends
(c) They camped along the road.
(d) On a boat
11. Where did Spark tell Ogion he wanted to go?
(a) To the woods
(b) On a ride on the back of a dragon
(c) Out to sea
(d) On a quest
12. What did Ogion tell Tenar to do right before he died?
(a) He told her to wait.
(b) Find Ged
(c) Stand up to the wizards
(d) Run away
13. How does Moss know when she encounters a wizard?
(a) She can smell it.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) She can feel the surrounding power.
(d) She can see it.
14. Where was the widow's son?
(a) He was out at sea.
(b) He was in his law office.
(c) He stayed at home and never left.
(d) He was out hunting.
15. How did Tenar and Moss get along as Ogion died?
(a) Their friendship was fake.
(b) They ignored each other.
(c) They hated each other.
(d) They were friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tenar still at Ogion's house?
2. How did the widow ease the child's difficulties along the way?
3. What was the widow called by her husband?
4. What fruit did Therru find in Ogion's yard?
5. What did Ogion want Tenar want to do to Therru?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)