|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the widow's home?
(a) River's Edge
(b) The Impossible Dream
(c) Oak Farm
(d) Windy Meadows
2. Who was in Ogion's house?
(a) It seemed like the entire neighborhood showed up.
(b) No-one. He sent them off.
(c) His family
(d) A group of the highest wizards in the land
3. What happened to Therru when she was overtired?
(a) She couldn't sleep.
(b) She became loopy.
(c) She could sleep anywhere.
(d) She would cry.
4. What did Ged think Tenar should take with her when she went back to her house?
(a) The dragon fan
(b) The Ring
(c) Ogion's books
(d) Ogion's staff
5. Who was with the child while Lark summoned the widow?
(a) Her parents
(c) Ivy, the witch
6. What woke Tenar on her first morning at Ogion's?
(a) The sound of thunder
(b) The sound of dishes clattering
(c) The sound of wings
(d) The bright sun
7. What did Moss warn Tenar of when she saw Ged?
(a) Ged's evil powers.
(b) His desire to harm Therru
(c) She told Tenar not to be swayed by his handsome lookds.
(d) Trickery and transformations
8. Where did Tenar like to go she was alone?
(a) The woods
(b) Into her house
(c) The desert
(d) The cliff
9. What did Tenar prepare to sell in town?
(a) Goat hair for the weaver.
(b) She went to sell eggs.
(c) She made some pies to sell.
(d) She prepared to sell Ogion's books.
10. What did Moss tell Therru about?
(b) The history of the town
(c) The dangers of the strangers in the land
11. How did Moss treat Therru?
(a) She cursed her for her deformity.
(b) She expected the child to act as a servant.
(c) She immediately accepted her and began teaching her.
(d) She blessed the child.
12. What did the dragon bring?
(b) Ancient books
13. How did Tenar feel about her marriage?
(a) It was forced on her, and she felt resentful.
(b) She felt she lived well.
(c) She felt as if she lost her sense of self in marriage.
(d) She regretted it.
14. Why did Lark come to the widow?
(a) She wanted to show her some plants she found.
(b) She wanted her to go to a burned child.
(c) She wanted to catch up on gossip.
(d) She wanted to bring her food.
15. Where did Spark tell Ogion he wanted to go?
(a) On a ride on the back of a dragon
(b) To the woods
(c) Out to sea
(d) On a quest
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ogion do the day he died?
2. Which of the following was one of Aunty Moss' skills?
3. How did the travelers react to Ogion's name?
4. What was Ogion in relation to the widow?
5. What was wrong with Ogion?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)