|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the tramps after they burned the child?
(a) They felt guilty and turned themselves in.
(b) They left with all their belongings. They left the child alone and burning.
(c) They were imprisoned.
(d) They were killed.
2. What was wrong with Ogion?
(a) He couldn't interpret an important text.
(b) He wanted to check on his student.
(c) He needed help cleaning his house.
(d) He was sick.
3. What did the widow give the history of as she and the companion walked?
(a) The history of the land they lived in
(b) The history of her companion's life
(c) She gave the story of the history of dragons.
(d) The history of her life
4. How old was the burned child according to Lark?
(a) 2 or 3
(b) 6 or 7
(c) 12 or 13
(d) 4 or 5
5. How did Ogion feel about teaching Tenar?
(a) He reluctantly taught her a few basic words and spells.
(b) He didn't want to teach her because she was a female.
(c) He taught her until she didn't want to be taught anymore.
(d) He thought she was stupid.
6. Who told Lark that the child was burned?
(a) The child's mother.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A man traveling with the tramps.
(d) The child's father.
7. What did the widow own?
(a) She owned a flock of sheep and land to pasture them as well as two tenant's cottages and an old stone farmhouse.
(b) She owned nothing.
(c) She owned a wealth of fabrics and jewels.
(d) She owned fine art and a collection of antiques.
8. Who was in Ogion's house?
(a) No-one. He sent them off.
(b) A group of the highest wizards in the land
(c) His family
(d) It seemed like the entire neighborhood showed up.
9. What did Moss tell Therru about?
(b) The dangers of the strangers in the land
(c) The history of the town
10. How did the widow feel all alone at night in the house?
(a) She was fine with the idea. She had done it in the past and would start doing it again.
(b) She embraced the night as her favorite time.
(c) She regularly invited friends over to dispel the loneliness of night.
(d) The night terrified her.
11. What was the name of the widow's home?
(a) Oak Farm
(b) River's Edge
(c) Windy Meadows
(d) The Impossible Dream
12. What did the widow say her name was?
13. What was a difficulty the companion had to face on the journey?
(a) She tired easily.
(b) She couldn't see.
(c) She missed her family.
(d) She didn't have enough food.
14. How did Tenar feel about her marriage?
(a) It was forced on her, and she felt resentful.
(b) She regretted it.
(c) She felt as if she lost her sense of self in marriage.
(d) She felt she lived well.
15. Who was the witch of Re Albi?
(d) Aunty Moss
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit did Therru find in Ogion's yard?
2. What was the dragon's name?
3. What did Tenar show the people when she originally arrived in Havnor?
4. How did Ged react to Tenar when he work up?
5. What did the dragon bring?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)