1. Describe the widow's home.
The widow lived on a farm with sheep. She had tenants and a comfortable situation.
2. Describe the widow herself.
The widow was a white woman who was hard-working. She was a spinner who wasn't afraid of living alone.
3. Describe the widow's family.
The widow had a son who was out at sea. She also had a daughter named Apple. The daughter was grown and married.
4. What gift did the widow have, and how was it used?
She had been trained in healing. Her friend, Lark, asked her to use her gift of healing to help a child who was beaten and severely burned.
5. How did the widow react to the child?
She was determined to save the child. She spoke in her own language saying that she wouldn't let them take the child.
6. How did the widow react when the messenger came?
She immediately prepared to leave, but made sure her home was in order, the door locked, and made sure the child was with her.
This section contains 2,273 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)