1. What was the widow called by her husband?
2. Why did her husband's name suit her so well?
(a) She was white-skinned and always spinning.
(b) She was a ray of light.
(c) She was one with the animals in the woods.
(d) She could fly.
3. What did the widow own?
(a) She owned fine art and a collection of antiques.
(b) She owned a wealth of fabrics and jewels.
(c) She owned nothing.
(d) She owned a flock of sheep and land to pasture them as well as two tenant's cottages and an old stone farmhouse.
4. What was the widow's daughter's name?
5. Where was the widow's son?
(a) He was out at sea.
(b) He was in his law office.
(c) He was out hunting.
(d) He stayed at home and never left.
6. What was the name of the widow's home?
(a) Windy Meadows
(b) Oak Farm
(c) River's Edge
(d) The Impossible Dream
This section contains 4,811 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)