|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels it is his/her duty to help Matekoni?
2. What role does Matekoni play for the orphans?
3. What role does Ramotswe play for the orphans?
4. Who explains what happened at the orphans' farm and how he had no alternative but to take the children?
5. What had Florence been suffering from since she learned of Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni's plans to marry Mma Ramotswe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Smith uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
Smith uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Tears of the Giraffe is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)