|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Matekoni blame for the orphan situation, fearing Ramotswe will break off his engagement?
2. What role does Matekoni play for the orphans?
3. What is the name of the orphan boy?
4. Whose disappearance does the professor say he has no knowledge of?
5. Who is the infant orphan staying at Matekoni's house?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Ramotswe's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the letters. What do they reveal about the suspects?
Essay Topic 2
Smith uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the suspects in the case. Which characters reveal the theme of appearances can be deceiving most?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)