|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the person Florence meet at the take out restaurant live with?
2. What is the name of the orphan girl?
3. What role is Matekoni playing with the children without the knowledge of Ramotswe?
4. Who found people stealing meat at his place of employment ?
5. Who watches a plane fly over from the window of Matekoni's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matekoni dream about the orphan boy?
2. What does Matekoni discover he enjoys while shopping?
3. Why did Carla leave the farm after Michael's death?
4. How does the orphan girl feel about Matekoni and his residence?
5. After obtaining the information she needed, what does Ramotswe decide to do for Curtin and Ranta?
6. How does Ramotswe get Ranta to change his position on the Curtin story and talk to her?
7. After Ramotswe reads the report, how does she decide to deliver the truth to Badule?
8. What is Florence's plan to frame Ramotswe?
9. How does Ramotswe respond to Matekoni's desire to adopt the orphans?
10. What does Florence request from Paul, and how does he stop her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Ramotswe's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the letters. What do they reveal about the suspects?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Badule's character, comparing and contrasting him with Matekoni and Dr. Ranta.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)