|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who considers Ranta a psychopath?
2. Who does Matekoni decide to hire?
3. Who fell into a ditch and broke his neck and was buried quietly?
4. Who tells the assistant detective's first client that his son's education is being paid by a charity?
5. What had Florence been suffering from since she learned of Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni's plans to marry Mma Ramotswe?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Andrea Curtin. What is her role in the story? What was Smith trying to accomplish by creating Andrea's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Badule's character, comparing and contrasting him with Matekoni and Dr. Ranta.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the detecting techniques of Precious Ramotswe and Makutsi. Cover how they each approach the various detective cases they receive and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the cases and how?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)