|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the article about sleeping problems say about fat people and sleep?
2. Where will the orphan children be living after Maketoni gets married?
3. Who has the children visiting the garage with him?
4. Who calls his office and learns Florence has been arrested?
5. What is the name of the orphan boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the orphan girl feel about Matekoni and his residence?
2. What does Ramotswe discover about Ranta?
3. How does Ramotswe respond to Matekoni's desire to adopt the orphans?
4. What decision does Maketoni make about the orphans while sitting in his office?
5. After Makutsi types up her report, why does she not tell Badule immediately?
6. What does the orphan girl feel she must do for Matekoni?
7. After Ramotswe reads the report, how does she decide to deliver the truth to Badule?
8. Why does Ramotswe feel scared about visiting Ranta and how does Matekoni help her?
9. How does Ramotswe get Ranta to change his position on the Curtin story and talk to her?
10. What does Badule explain is his concern to Makutsi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Smith uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the detecting techniques of Precious Ramotswe and Makutsi. Cover how they each approach the various detective cases they receive and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the cases and how?
Essay Topic 3
How does Florence Peko behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Florence Peko want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)