Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fell into a ditch and broke his neck and was buried quietly?
2. Who does Matekoni decide to hire?
3. Who is most interested in learning about engines at the garage?
4. What case that haunts Ranta will remain closed, according to a promise by the detective?
5. Who takes his foster children shopping?
Describe some of the settings for the novel. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Smith choose to use these places in the book?
Smith uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Both Matekoni and Ramotswe are important characters that influence the story line and the actions of other characters in the novel.
Part 1) Compare Matekoni to Ramotswe. How are these two characters similar and how are they different?
Part 2) What psychological purpose or insight does Matekoni offer? Elaborate on this.
Part 3) Matekoni offers to examine the past of the murder suspects. What is implied in this decision and how does it reveal that the murder motive is connected to the past of the murderer and not the present circumstances alone?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)