|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the report written by Mma Makutsi and compliments her on doing a good job?
2. What is the name of the orphan girl?
3. What role does Ramotswe play for the orphans?
4. What is the assistant detective allowed to have subject to an agreement?
5. What kind of relationship does Florence have with the person she met at a take-out restaurant?
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is the use of hints or clues to suggest what will happen later in the story. The objective of this lesson is to discuss the use of foreshadowing in the book. Why does Smith insert foreshadowing into the story? is it effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Ramotswe's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the letters. What do they reveal about the suspects?
Essay Topic 3
Smith uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)