|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has an ethical duty to tell the truth to a client?
2. Who is fearful of going to Dr. Ranta's house alone?
3. After shopping, whose picture is taken by a local photographer?
4. Where does the person work that owes Florence money?
5. Who watches a plane fly over from the window of Matekoni's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. After obtaining the information she needed, what does Ramotswe decide to do for Curtin and Ranta?
2. After Ramotswe reads the report, how does she decide to deliver the truth to Badule?
3. Why did Carla leave the farm after Michael's death?
4. Who is Leaynne described in Chapter 15, and why does he owe Florence a favor?
5. What does Makutsi discover on the trail of Badule's wife?
6. How does the orphan girl spend the night while her brother sleeps?
7. How does Florence get what she deserves?
8. What decision does Maketoni make about the orphans while sitting in his office?
9. After Makutsi types up her report, why does she not tell Badule immediately?
10. What does Matekoni discover he enjoys while shopping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Smith uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
How does Florence Peko behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Florence Peko want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the detecting techniques of Precious Ramotswe and Makutsi. Cover how they each approach the various detective cases they receive and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the cases and how?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)