|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does the detective learn that Ranta is a ladies' man?
2. Who tells Makutsi to talk to the maid and follow the partner of the client?
3. How do the orphans feel while at Matekoni's house?
4. From where did Ranta receive a grant to work on the farm?
5. How had Florence protected from the police, the person she met at a take-out restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Florence's plan to frame Ramotswe?
2. What does Matekoni discover he enjoys while shopping?
3. After Makutsi types up her report, why does she not tell Badule immediately?
4. What does Matekoni dream about the orphan boy?
5. Who is Leaynne described in Chapter 15, and why does he owe Florence a favor?
6. Why is it awkward when Matekoni tells Ramotswe about the children, and what does he fear?
7. What decision does Maketoni make about the orphans while sitting in his office?
8. What does Makutsi discover on the trail of Badule's wife?
9. How does Ramotswe respond to Matekoni's desire to adopt the orphans?
10. Why does Ramotswe feel scared about visiting Ranta and how does Matekoni help her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Tears of the Giraffe is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for the novel. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Smith choose to use these places in the book?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)