|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fell into a ditch and broke his neck and was buried quietly?
2. Who does Matekoni decide to hire?
3. Who is most interested in learning about engines at the garage?
4. What case that haunts Ranta will remain closed, according to a promise by the detective?
5. Who takes his foster children shopping?
Essay Topic 1
Smith uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Makutsi and Badule are two intriguing characters employed at the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Makutsi had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Badule had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
How is sexuality portrayed in Tears of the Giraffe? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)