Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fell into a ditch and broke his neck and was buried quietly?
2. Who does Matekoni decide to hire?
3. Who is most interested in learning about engines at the garage?
4. What case that haunts Ranta will remain closed, according to a promise by the detective?
5. Who takes his foster children shopping?
Essay Topic 1
How does Florence Peko behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Florence Peko want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. Why do you think Smith named the book Tears of the Giraffe? Now that you have read the book, how does that alter your understanding of the title? Are you intrigued to find a sequel or more mysteries with Ramotswe? Why or why not? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for the novel. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Smith choose to use these places in the book?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)