|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matekoni's garage called?
2. What does Ramotswe think about the past?
3. Who travels to Botswana to look for a missing relative?
4. Who had promised the children they would be taken care of?
5. In the story Matekoni learns about two orphans, who is in a camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tsbago described in Chapter 6?
2. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
3. Why is Florence upset about her job?
4. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
5. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
6. Why is Matekoni happy to get Ramotswe a ring?
7. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
8. Why did Makutsi go to work for Ramotswe?
9. What is Tears of Giraffe centered around?
10. Why does Florence want the help of a male friend to help her with her job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Smith uses more than one iteration on the theme of betrayal. Identify at least two themes about betrayal in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Ramotswe's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the letters. What do they reveal about the suspects?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)