|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Florence feel that she can no longer entertain at Maketoni's house?
2. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
3. At whose cousin's motel will the current maid of the house be given a job?
4. Whose maid does the engaged couple want to retain for their house?
5. What did one of the secretary's classmates at school say the men who hired them were not interested in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Curtins learn their son was missing?
2. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
3. What decision does Matekoni make that amazes the maid?
4. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
5. What is the story behind the arrival of the two orphans to the farm?
6. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
7. How does Maketoni end up at the farm where the orphans are?
8. How is Michael described in Chapter 3?
9. Why is Florence upset about her job?
10. What is Tears of Giraffe centered around?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the suspects in the case. Which characters reveal the theme of appearances can be deceiving most?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Andrea Curtin. What is her role in the story? What was Smith trying to accomplish by creating Andrea's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for the novel. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Smith choose to use these places in the book?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)