Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
2. What farm does Matekoni drive to?
3. Who had promised the children they would be taken care of?
4. Where does the man Ramotswe consider evil work?
5. Where is Matekoni when he thinks about the behavior of his apprentices?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
2. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
3. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
4. Why does Andrea Curtin come to Ramostwe's agency?
5. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
6. What does Maketoni think about his two apprentices at the garage?
7. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
8. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
9. What does Ramotswe do for Andrea Curtin that goes the extra mile in the case?
10. What does the orphan girl feel she must do for Matekoni?
Essay Topic 1
Makutsi and Badule are two intriguing characters employed at the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Makutsi had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Badule had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in Africa in the early 21st century when the women in the novel are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they have that 20th century women did not have, if any?
Essay Topic 3
How is sexuality portrayed in Tears of the Giraffe? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)