|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maketoni fail to consult before taking the two orphans?
2. What parts are littered around the house that the fiance wants to live in?
3. Who does Ramotswe drive to the farm with in Chapter 9?
4. By whom was Maketoni persuaded without consulting his bride-to-be?
5. To whom does Ramotswe dictate letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Matekoni happy to get Ramotswe a ring?
2. Why is Ramotswe reluctant to work on the Curtin case?
3. How did Andrea try to learn about her son's whereabouts prior to her husband's death?
4. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
5. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
6. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
7. What is the story behind the arrival of the two orphans to the farm?
8. What decision does Matekoni make that amazes the maid?
9. How is Michael described in Chapter 3?
10. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Tears of the Giraffe is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Who feels betrayed in Tears of the Giraffe and in what ways? Who suffers as a result of this betrayal? What emotions are evoked by betrayal? Take a closer look at the different people involved and the roles they play.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)