|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
2. What farm does Matekoni drive to?
3. Who had promised the children they would be taken care of?
4. Where does the man Ramotswe consider evil work?
5. Where is Matekoni when he thinks about the behavior of his apprentices?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
2. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
3. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
4. Why does Andrea Curtin come to Ramostwe's agency?
5. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
6. What does Maketoni think about his two apprentices at the garage?
7. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
8. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
9. What does Ramotswe do for Andrea Curtin that goes the extra mile in the case?
10. What does the orphan girl feel she must do for Matekoni?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Ramotswe's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the letters. What do they reveal about the suspects?
Essay Topic 2
Smith uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Smith uses more than one iteration on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 1,420 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)