Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
2. What farm does Matekoni drive to?
3. Who had promised the children they would be taken care of?
4. Where does the man Ramotswe consider evil work?
5. Where is Matekoni when he thinks about the behavior of his apprentices?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
2. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
3. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
4. Why does Andrea Curtin come to Ramostwe's agency?
5. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
6. What does Maketoni think about his two apprentices at the garage?
7. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
8. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
9. What does Ramotswe do for Andrea Curtin that goes the extra mile in the case?
10. What does the orphan girl feel she must do for Matekoni?
Essay Topic 1
How does Florence Peko behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Florence Peko want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the detecting techniques of Precious Ramotswe and Makutsi. Cover how they each approach the various detective cases they receive and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the cases and how?
Essay Topic 3
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the suspects in the case. Which characters reveal the theme of appearances can be deceiving most?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)