|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
2. How did Ramotswe's visitor learn that the farm worker was missing?
3. From where does the secretary get the phone number for the man Ramotswe considers evil?
4. Who experienced kindness as a child that makes him/her generous of spirit?
5. From what group did Ramotswe's visitor hear about her company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tears of Giraffe centered around?
2. How is Tsbago described in Chapter 6?
3. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
4. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
5. Why did Makutsi go to work for Ramotswe?
6. How did the Curtins learn their son was missing?
7. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
8. How is Michael described in Chapter 3?
9. Why does Florence want the help of a male friend to help her with her job?
10. Why is Matekoni happy to get Ramotswe a ring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Makutsi and Badule are two intriguing characters employed at the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Makutsi had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Badule had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the suspects in the case. Which characters reveal the theme of appearances can be deceiving most?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)