|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who likes to leave the door open at the detective agency?
2. What do the children do while Matekoni brings their suitcase in?
3. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
4. Who is the founder of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
5. What kind of furniture does Matekoni fix at the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Matekoni's house like?
2. Why does Makutsi resent seeing chickens at her office?
3. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
4. Why does Florence want the help of a male friend to help her with her job?
5. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
6. What does Maketoni think about his two apprentices at the garage?
7. What is the story behind the arrival of the two orphans to the farm?
8. What decision does Matekoni make that amazes the maid?
9. How does Maketoni end up at the farm where the orphans are?
10. What do Matekoni and Ramotswe discuss about the ring and secrets in town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Florence Peko behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Florence Peko want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Tears of the Giraffe is a detective mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)