|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the woman Ramotswe picks up on the way to the farm introduce her to that worked on the farm?
2. By whom was Maketoni persuaded without consulting his bride-to-be?
3. From what group did Ramotswe's visitor hear about her company?
4. Who likes to leave the door open at the detective agency?
5. What is Ramotswe's secretary's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maketoni end up at the farm where the orphans are?
2. How did Michael die according to Dr. Ranta?
3. Why is Ramotswe reluctant to work on the Curtin case?
4. Why does Andrea Curtin come to Ramostwe's agency?
5. Why does Ramotswe feel scared about visiting Ranta and how does Matekoni help her?
6. How does Florence get what she deserves?
7. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
8. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
9. What does Ramotswe discover about Ranta?
10. What does Matekoni dream about the orphan boy?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in Africa in the early 21st century when the women in the novel are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they have that 20th century women did not have, if any?
Essay Topic 2
Appearances can be deceiving. Make a time line that shows the progression of your knowledge as a reader into the characters of the suspects in the case. Which characters reveal the theme of appearances can be deceiving most?
Essay Topic 3
How does Florence Peko behave in order to develop her image as a high-society woman? Why does Florence Peko want to leave her middle-class neighborhood? What is appealing to her about the lifestyle of high society women?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)