|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Matekoni and Ramotswe decide to get married?
2. What does Ramotswe think about the past?
3. As Florence is making lunch, who arrives home with the two children from the orphan farm?
4. What does Ramotswe do for a living?
5. What did the woman in the story Matekoni learns about two orphans die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
2. What is Tears of Giraffe centered around?
3. Why does Makutsi resent seeing chickens at her office?
4. How did the Curtins learn their son was missing?
5. Why does Florence want the help of a male friend to help her with her job?
6. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
7. Why is the orphan girl unable to walk?
8. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
9. What is Matekoni's house like?
10. How is Tsbago described in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the detecting techniques of Precious Ramotswe and Makutsi. Cover how they each approach the various detective cases they receive and whether their intuitions were correct. Who actually solves the cases and how?
Essay Topic 2
Smith uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Andrea Curtin. What is her role in the story? What was Smith trying to accomplish by creating Andrea's character in the novel?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)