|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman in the story Matekoni learns about two orphans die of?
2. With whom does Florence engage in a plot against Ramotswe?
3. What does Matekoni work on while he is at the farm?
4. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
5. At whose cousin's motel will the current maid of the house be given a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
2. How is Tsbago described in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Florence want the help of a male friend to help her with her job?
4. What does Maketoni think about his two apprentices at the garage?
5. Why did Makutsi go to work for Ramotswe?
6. How does Maketoni end up at the farm where the orphans are?
7. Why does Makutsi resent seeing chickens at her office?
8. How did Andrea try to learn about her son's whereabouts prior to her husband's death?
9. Why is Matekoni happy to get Ramotswe a ring?
10. What is Matekoni's house like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for the novel. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Smith choose to use these places in the book?
Essay Topic 2
How is sexuality portrayed in Tears of the Giraffe? Which characters appear overtly sexual? Which characters are sexually appealing to others and why? What sexual taboos are broken and what issues are raised in relation to sex?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Ramotswe's motivation and reasons for paying close attention to the letters. What do they reveal about the suspects?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)