|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the person work that owes Florence money?
(a) A saloon.
(b) A bar.
(c) A hotel.
(d) An office.
2. Who is Ramotswe concerned about in relation to the orphan children?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her fiance.
3. After shopping, whose picture is taken by a local photographer?
(a) The writers'.
(b) The orphans'.
(c) The students'.
(d) The family's.
4. From whom does the detective learn that Ranta is a ladies' man?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The government.
(c) The secretary.
(d) The principal.
5. What is the name of the orphan girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains what happened at the orphans' farm and how he had no alternative but to take the children?
2. Who is the infant orphan staying at Matekoni's house?
3. Who takes his foster children shopping?
4. What case that haunts Ranta will remain closed, according to a promise by the detective?
5. Who says she won't tell the police but will tell Mrs. Curtin the story about her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ramotswe welcome the children into their new home?
2. What does Matekoni dream about the orphan boy?
3. How does Florence reveal her anxiety about her employment through physical symptoms?
4. How does Ramotswe get Ranta to change his position on the Curtin story and talk to her?
5. How does the orphan girl feel about Matekoni and his residence?
6. Why did Carla leave the farm after Michael's death?
7. What does Badule explain is his concern to Makutsi?
8. What does Matekoni discover he enjoys while shopping?
9. What does Florence request from Paul, and how does he stop her?
10. Why is it awkward when Matekoni tells Ramotswe about the children, and what does he fear?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)