|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What case that haunts Ranta will remain closed, according to a promise by the detective?
2. What is the assistant detective allowed to have subject to an agreement?
3. Where does Matekoni take the children to show their new home and have lunch, after talking to his fiance?
(d) Darken Rahl.
4. Who does Matekoni decide to hire?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A bookkeeper.
(c) A writer.
(d) A poet.
5. From whom does the detective learn that Ranta is a ladies' man?
(a) The principal.
(b) The government.
(c) The secretary.
(d) The Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had an affair with the South African woman that Michael shared a room with at the farm?
2. What does the assistant detective's first client do for a living?
3. What is the name of the orphan girl?
4. Where is the take-out restaurant that Florence visited?
5. Whose disappearance does the professor say he has no knowledge of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matekoni discover he enjoys while shopping?
2. Who is Leaynne described in Chapter 15, and why does he owe Florence a favor?
3. What does Ramotswe discover about Ranta?
4. After Ramotswe reads the report, how does she decide to deliver the truth to Badule?
5. What does Matekoni dream about the orphan boy?
6. How does Florence reveal her anxiety about her employment through physical symptoms?
7. How does Ramotswe welcome the children into their new home?
8. Why does Ramotswe feel scared about visiting Ranta and how does Matekoni help her?
9. After Makutsi types up her report, why does she not tell Badule immediately?
10. Why is Ramotswe upset about the newspaper article on sleep?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)