|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Matekoni that he needs to buy a ring?
2. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
(a) A book.
(b) A man.
(c) A woman.
(d) A child.
3. What does Ramotswe do for a living?
(a) She is a writer.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is an artist.
(d) She is a detective.
4. Who does Ramotswe drive to the farm with in Chapter 9?
5. In the story Matekoni learns about two orphans, who is in a camp?
(a) A mountaineer.
(b) A bookseller.
(c) A rider.
(d) A tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels to Botswana to look for a missing relative?
2. After whose death does Ramotswe's visitor return to Africa?
3. Who was supposed to attend Dartmouth but decided to extend his stay in Africa for another year?
4. How many times has the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors proposed?
5. For whom has Ramotswe's visitor been searching for the last ten years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Curtins learn their son was missing?
2. Why does Andrea Curtin come to Ramostwe's agency?
3. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
4. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
5. Why does Florence want the help of a male friend to help her with her job?
6. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
7. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
8. What do Matekoni and Ramotswe discuss about the ring and secrets in town?
9. How did Andrea try to learn about her son's whereabouts prior to her husband's death?
10. Why does Makutsi resent seeing chickens at her office?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)