|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe do the children that come to Maketoni's house belong to?
2. What does Matekoni work on while he is at the farm?
(a) An engine pump.
(b) A bookcase.
(c) A ring.
(d) A radio.
3. What is the name of the maid currently working in the house who takes advantage of the owner?
4. What does Ramotswe put in her pocket that she takes from the farm she visits in Chapter 9?
5. From where does the secretary get the phone number for the man Ramotswe considers evil?
(a) The prison.
(b) The phone book.
(c) The registry.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels that he/she has an obligation to the children no matter what happens?
2. Where do Matekoni and Ramotswe decide to get married?
3. Who experienced kindness as a child that makes him/her generous of spirit?
4. Who is the secretary at the detective agency happy to work for?
5. Who does Ramotswe pick up on the way to the farm on Saturday morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Matekoni happy to get Ramotswe a ring?
2. Why does Andrea Curtin come to Ramostwe's agency?
3. What is Matekoni's house like?
4. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
5. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
6. How did Andrea try to learn about her son's whereabouts prior to her husband's death?
7. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
8. What do Matekoni and Ramotswe discuss about the ring and secrets in town?
9. Why did Makutsi go to work for Ramotswe?
10. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)