|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the maid amazed to see the two children from the farm?
(a) Because she feels lonely.
(b) Because they are so big.
(c) Because they are orphans.
(d) Because they are so small.
2. Where does Maketoni go to kill time when his fiance is out at the farm?
(a) The dealership.
(b) The orphan farm.
(c) The ammunitions building.
(d) The delivery service.
3. What does Ramotswe say is a symbol of appreciation?
(a) The note.
(b) The ring.
(c) The dress.
(d) The book.
4. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
(a) A woman.
(b) A man.
(c) A book.
(d) A child.
5. What kind of furniture does Matekoni fix at the farm?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A table.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) A couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matekoni's garage called?
2. As Florence is making lunch, who arrives home with the two children from the orphan farm?
3. How many people get engaged in The Tears of the Giraffe?
4. What is the name of the maid currently working in the house who takes advantage of the owner?
5. What does the farm that Ramotswe visits in Chapter 9 consist of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maketoni think about his two apprentices at the garage?
2. Why does Florence want the help of a male friend to help her with her job?
3. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
4. Why is the orphan girl unable to walk?
5. What is Tears of Giraffe centered around?
6. How is Tsbago described in Chapter 6?
7. What decision does Matekoni make that amazes the maid?
8. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
9. How did Andrea try to learn about her son's whereabouts prior to her husband's death?
10. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)