|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what group did Ramotswe's visitor hear about her company?
(a) The British Embassy.
(b) The Iranian Embassy.
(c) The American Embassy.
(d) The German Embassy.
2. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
(a) He is still there.
(b) He burned it.
(c) He sold it.
(d) He bought it.
3. By whom was Maketoni persuaded without consulting his bride-to-be?
4. What does Potokwane suggest as a wedding gift for Ramotswe?
(a) 2 orphans.
(b) 2 iguanas.
(c) 2 dogs.
(d) 2 kittens.
5. Why is Matekoni upset about the ring?
(a) Its shape.
(b) Its color.
(c) Its size.
(d) Its cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many apprentices does Matekoni have?
2. Why does the secretary feel resentful about her office at the detective agency?
3. What did Florence fail to do at Maketoni's house?
4. What does Ramotswe put in her pocket that she takes from the farm she visits in Chapter 9?
5. What kind of building does the secretary at the detective agency wish she worked in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the orphan girl unable to walk?
2. Why does Andrea Curtin come to Ramostwe's agency?
3. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
4. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
5. What is Tears of Giraffe centered around?
6. Why does Makutsi resent seeing chickens at her office?
7. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
8. How is Michael described in Chapter 3?
9. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
10. Why is Florence upset about her job?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)