|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the secretary feel resentful about her office at the detective agency?
(a) It is not fancy.
(b) It is small.
(c) It is expensive.
(d) It is not insured.
2. Who was supposed to attend Dartmouth but decided to extend his stay in Africa for another year?
3. Who tells Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni the story of the two orphans?
4. Where is Matekoni when he thinks about the behavior of his apprentices?
(a) His garage.
(b) His house.
(c) His room.
(d) His hotel.
5. What kind of building does the secretary at the detective agency wish she worked in?
(a) A high-rise office building with air conditioning.
(b) A luxury cruiser.
(c) An office plaza downtown.
(d) A boat office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the woman Ramotswe picks up on the way to the farm introduce her to that worked on the farm?
2. What does the farm that Ramotswe visits in Chapter 9 consist of?
3. What did Florence feel she did well at Maketoni's house even though Ramotswe disagreed?
4. Who likes to leave the door open at the detective agency?
5. Who is the secretary at the detective agency happy to work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Andrea try to learn about her son's whereabouts prior to her husband's death?
2. How is Michael described in Chapter 3?
3. What is Tears of Giraffe centered around?
4. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
5. How does Maketoni end up at the farm where the orphans are?
6. Why is Matekoni happy to get Ramotswe a ring?
7. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
8. What is Matekoni's house like?
9. How is Tsbago described in Chapter 6?
10. Why does Makutsi resent seeing chickens at her office?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)