|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man Ramotswe consider evil work?
(a) The library.
(b) The school.
(c) The university.
(d) The ministry.
2. After whose death does Ramotswe's visitor return to Africa?
3. What is Maketoni's new house big enough to have?
4. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
(a) A woman.
(b) A man.
(c) A child.
(d) A book.
5. What did Florence fail to do at Maketoni's house?
(a) Organize it.
(b) Live in it.
(c) Clean it.
(d) Protect it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of the secretary's classmates at school say the men who hired them were not interested in?
2. What did Florence feel she did well at Maketoni's house even though Ramotswe disagreed?
3. In the story Matekoni learns about two orphans, who is in a camp?
4. Who does Maketoni fail to consult before taking the two orphans?
5. Where is Matekoni when he thinks about the behavior of his apprentices?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
2. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
3. What is Matekoni's house like?
4. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
5. How does Maketoni end up at the farm where the orphans are?
6. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
7. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
8. Why is the orphan girl unable to walk?
9. Why is Florence upset about her job?
10. Why does Makutsi resent seeing chickens at her office?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)