|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maketoni's new house big enough to have?
2. Who is the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors?
3. Who took the two orphans to Nyanyabwe Hospital?
(a) An ambulance worker.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A government truck worker.
(d) A writer.
4. Whose case does Ramotswe not want but takes anyway?
5. What kind of furniture does Matekoni fix at the farm?
(a) A couch.
(b) A table.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) A wheelchair.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom was Maketoni persuaded without consulting his bride-to-be?
2. What is the name of the missing person that Ramotswe's visitor is searching for?
3. What did the woman in the story Matekoni learns about two orphans die of?
4. What does Ramotswe put in her pocket that she takes from the farm she visits in Chapter 9?
5. Why is the maid amazed to see the two children from the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tears of Giraffe centered around?
2. Why is Florence upset about her job?
3. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
4. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
5. Why does Florence want the help of a male friend to help her with her job?
6. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
7. Why is the orphan girl unable to walk?
8. How did the Curtins learn their son was missing?
9. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
10. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)