|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Matekoni upset about the ring?
(a) Its shape.
(b) Its color.
(c) Its size.
(d) Its cost.
2. What disease damaged the bones of the girl, preventing her from walking prior to going to the farm?
(c) Yellow fever.
3. Whom do Ramotswe and the secretary consider evil?
4. What did one of the secretary's classmates at school say the men who hired them were not interested in?
(a) Their bodies.
(b) Their voices.
(c) Their brains.
(d) Their scores.
5. Who took the two orphans to Nyanyabwe Hospital?
(a) A government truck worker.
(b) An ambulance worker.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom has Ramotswe's visitor been searching for the last ten years?
2. Why is the maid amazed to see the two children from the farm?
3. What does Ramotswe say is a symbol of appreciation?
4. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
5. Whom does Florence feel that she can no longer entertain at Maketoni's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
2. How is Michael described in Chapter 3?
3. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
4. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
5. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
6. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
7. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
8. How is Tsbago described in Chapter 6?
9. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
10. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)