|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease damaged the bones of the girl, preventing her from walking prior to going to the farm?
(b) Yellow fever.
2. Where does the man Ramotswe consider evil work?
(a) The school.
(b) The library.
(c) The ministry.
(d) The university.
3. What is Maketoni's new house big enough to have?
4. Who is the secretary at the detective agency happy to work for?
5. By whom was Maketoni persuaded without consulting his bride-to-be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the maid amazed to see the two children from the farm?
2. What did Florence fail to do at Maketoni's house?
3. Whose office do the two orphans go to when Maketoni offers to take them?
4. What does the farm that Ramotswe visits in Chapter 9 consist of?
5. For whom has Ramotswe's visitor been searching for the last ten years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Michael described in Chapter 3?
2. Why is Ramotswe reluctant to work on the Curtin case?
3. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
4. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
5. Why is the orphan girl unable to walk?
6. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
7. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
8. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
9. Why is Matekoni happy to get Ramotswe a ring?
10. How does Maketoni end up at the farm where the orphans are?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)