|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Matekoni that he needs to buy a ring?
2. From where does the secretary get the phone number for the man Ramotswe considers evil?
(a) The prison.
(b) The school.
(c) The registry.
(d) The phone book.
3. Where does the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors go to meet his/her fiance?
(a) President Hotel.
(b) Underground Hotel.
(c) Champlain Hotel.
(d) Allen Hotel.
4. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
5. Whose maid does the engaged couple want to retain for their house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels that he/she has an obligation to the children no matter what happens?
2. To whom does Ramotswe dictate letters?
3. What parts are littered around the house that the fiance wants to live in?
4. Why is Matekoni upset about the ring?
5. Where do Matekoni and Ramotswe decide to get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Andrea try to learn about her son's whereabouts prior to her husband's death?
2. Why is Ramotswe reluctant to work on the Curtin case?
3. Why does Makutsi resent seeing chickens at her office?
4. Why is the orphan girl unable to walk?
5. Why is Matekoni happy to get Ramotswe a ring?
6. How is Michael described in Chapter 3?
7. How does Maketoni end up at the farm where the orphans are?
8. What decision does Matekoni make that amazes the maid?
9. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
10. What is the story behind the arrival of the two orphans to the farm?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)