|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people get engaged in The Tears of the Giraffe?
2. Why does the secretary feel resentful about her office at the detective agency?
(a) It is not insured.
(b) It is small.
(c) It is not fancy.
(d) It is expensive.
3. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
4. What does Matekoni work on while he is at the farm?
(a) A ring.
(b) An engine pump.
(c) A radio.
(d) A bookcase.
5. Where does the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors go to meet his/her fiance?
(a) Allen Hotel.
(b) Champlain Hotel.
(c) Underground Hotel.
(d) President Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do Ramotswe and the secretary consider evil?
2. How many times has the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors proposed?
3. Why is Florence upset with Maketoni?
4. Who is the founder of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
5. How many apprentices does Matekoni have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Potokwane convince Maketoni to adopt two orphans as a wedding present?
2. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
3. How did Andrea try to learn about her son's whereabouts prior to her husband's death?
4. How is Michael described in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Andrea Curtin come to Ramostwe's agency?
6. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
7. What is the story behind the arrival of the two orphans to the farm?
8. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
9. What do Matekoni and Ramotswe discuss about the ring and secrets in town?
10. How does Ramotswe discover where Ranta lives?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)