|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who likes to leave the door open at the detective agency?
2. Where is Matekoni when he thinks about the behavior of his apprentices?
(a) His room.
(b) His hotel.
(c) His garage.
(d) His house.
3. What is Ramotswe's secretary's name?
4. From what group did Ramotswe's visitor hear about her company?
(a) The Iranian Embassy.
(b) The British Embassy.
(c) The American Embassy.
(d) The German Embassy.
5. After whose death does Ramotswe's visitor return to Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramotswe do for a living?
2. What disease damaged the bones of the girl, preventing her from walking prior to going to the farm?
3. Who tells Maketoni that she drove by his house to see where he would be living?
4. Where does Ramotswe want to live?
5. What is Matekoni's garage called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story behind the arrival of the two orphans to the farm?
2. Why is Matekoni happy to get Ramotswe a ring?
3. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
4. What does Maketoni think about his two apprentices at the garage?
5. How does Maketoni end up at the farm where the orphans are?
6. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
7. Why does Florence want the help of a male friend to help her with her job?
8. How is Tsbago described in Chapter 6?
9. Why is the orphan girl unable to walk?
10. When Ramotswe goes to the farm with Potsane, what does she discover?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)