|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farm that Ramotswe visits in Chapter 9 consist of?
(a) Emergency wards.
(b) Old silos.
(c) Deserted buildings.
(d) Broken down tractors.
2. What did the woman in the story Matekoni learns about two orphans die of?
(b) A snake bite.
3. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
4. At whose cousin's motel will the current maid of the house be given a job?
5. As Florence is making lunch, who arrives home with the two children from the orphan farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the two orphans to Nyanyabwe Hospital?
2. Whom does the woman Ramotswe picks up on the way to the farm introduce her to that worked on the farm?
3. What does Matekoni work on while he is at the farm?
4. Who is the secretary at the detective agency happy to work for?
5. What is the name of the missing person that Ramotswe's visitor is searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Matekoni make without consulting his fiance?
2. What does Matekoni realize about the orphan children and his home?
3. Why is Florence upset about her job?
4. Why is the orphan girl unable to walk?
5. Why does Florence get defensive with Ramotswe?
6. Why is Matekoni anxious about his engagement?
7. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
8. What do Matekoni and Ramotswe discuss about the ring and secrets in town?
9. What is Matekoni surprised to learn about his engagement when he goes to the orphan farm?
10. What is the story behind the arrival of the two orphans to the farm?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)