|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Matekoni decide to hire?
(a) A poet.
(b) A bookkeeper.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A writer.
2. What does the article about sleeping problems say about fat people and sleep?
(a) Fat people should lose weight in order to sleep better.
(b) Fat people sleep too much.
(c) Fat people are comfortable to sleep on.
(d) Fat people deprive skinny people of sleep.
3. Whose case does the assistant detective receive?
4. Who calls his office and learns Florence has been arrested?
5. What does the assistant detective's first client do for a living?
(a) He is a butcher.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a priest.
(d) He is an artist.
6. Who is the South African woman that Michael shared a room with at the farm?
7. Who has an ethical duty to tell the truth to a client?
(a) A detective.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A writer.
(d) An accountant.
8. Who regularly wakes up in the middle of the night because of sleeping problems?
9. Where does the person work that owes Florence money?
(a) A bar.
(b) An office.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A hotel.
10. Why is Florence arrested?
(a) For stealing.
(b) For lying.
(c) For having a gun.
(d) For arson.
11. Where will the orphan children be living after Maketoni gets married?
(a) The Boulangerie.
(b) The Outliers.
(c) The Zebra house.
(d) The Palisades.
12. Who drives to the University looking for Mr. Oswald Ranta?
13. What is the assistant detective allowed to have subject to an agreement?
14. What role does Matekoni play for the orphans?
15. Who dreams of having the orphan boy working in the mechanic shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Florence in prison?
2. Why do the orphans like Maketoni?
3. Who watches a plane fly over from the window of Matekoni's house?
4. What had Florence been suffering from since she learned of Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni's plans to marry Mma Ramotswe?
5. Who can't afford to pay for both an assistant detective and a secretary?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)