|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels it is his/her duty to help Matekoni?
(a) The teacher.
(b) The maid.
(c) The boy.
(d) The girl.
2. Who is a man who needs constant reassurance, according to Ramotswe?
3. Who tells the assistant detective's first client that his son's education is being paid by a charity?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
4. What is Florence reported for stealing?
(d) Illegal weapons.
5. What is the assistant detective's first client afraid is happening in his marriage?
(a) It is getting tougher.
(b) It is falling apart.
(c) It is getting stronger.
(d) His wife is cheating.
6. Who tells Makutsi to talk to the maid and follow the partner of the client?
7. From where did Ranta receive a grant to work on the farm?
(a) The Chinese.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The Ford Foundation.
8. Who drives to the University looking for Mr. Oswald Ranta?
9. What kind of relationship does Florence have with the person she met at a take-out restaurant?
10. Whom will Makutsi and her boss tell about the affair but will try to make him happy somehow?
11. Where does Florence place the object she gets from the person that she met at a take-out restaurant?
(a) Maketoni's house.
(b) Ramotswe's house.
(c) Peco's house.
(d) Zebra's house.
12. Who is most interested in learning about engines at the garage?
13. Where is Michael's partner living according to Ranta?
14. What is the name of the orphan boy?
15. Who has the children visiting the garage with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is happy to marry a kind man?
2. Who dreams of having the orphan boy working in the mechanic shop?
3. Whom does Matekoni blame for the orphan situation, fearing Ramotswe will break off his engagement?
4. How do the orphans feel while at Matekoni's house?
5. What case that haunts Ranta will remain closed, according to a promise by the detective?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)