|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads the report written by Mma Makutsi and compliments her on doing a good job?
2. Whom does Florence call that owes her money?
3. Whom does Matekoni discover knows about engines?
(a) His teacher.
(b) The girl.
(c) The boy.
(d) His friend.
4. Who can't afford to pay for both an assistant detective and a secretary?
5. From whom does the detective learn that Ranta is a ladies' man?
(a) The principal.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The government.
(d) The secretary.
6. Who fell into a ditch and broke his neck and was buried quietly?
7. How had Florence protected from the police, the person she met at a take-out restaurant?
(a) Lied for her.
(b) Stole for her.
(c) Lied for him.
(d) Stole for him.
8. Who is sleeping at Matekoni's house when the plane flies over?
(a) The boy and the girl.
(b) Matekoni and the girl.
(c) The maid and the teacher.
(d) Matekoni and the boy.
9. Who is not wealthy but can provide for the orphans?
10. For whom does Ramotswe mention the professor altered the examination?
11. What role does Matekoni play for the orphans?
12. Who is a man who needs constant reassurance, according to Ramotswe?
13. Who types the report of what was learned from watching the first client's partner's whereabouts?
14. Who did Florence meet at a take-out restaurant?
15. What is Florence reported for stealing?
(c) Illegal weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the orphan girl?
2. What does Ramotswe wonder about the orphan children in Chapter 14?
3. What does Matekoni's decision to help the orphans reveal about his character?
4. Who is most interested in learning about engines at the garage?
5. Where does Matekoni take the children to show their new home and have lunch, after talking to his fiance?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)