|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Florence arrested?
(a) For arson.
(b) For lying.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For having a gun.
2. How had Florence protected from the police, the person she met at a take-out restaurant?
(a) Lied for him.
(b) Stole for her.
(c) Stole for him.
(d) Lied for her.
3. Where does the person work that owes Florence money?
(a) A bar.
(b) An office.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A saloon.
4. Where does Florence place the object she gets from the person that she met at a take-out restaurant?
(a) Peco's house.
(b) Ramotswe's house.
(c) Zebra's house.
(d) Maketoni's house.
5. Whom will Makutsi and her boss tell about the affair but will try to make him happy somehow?
6. Who can't afford to pay for both an assistant detective and a secretary?
7. Whom does Matekoni blame for the orphan situation, fearing Ramotswe will break off his engagement?
8. What does Ramotswe wonder about the orphan children in Chapter 14?
(a) Whom they are.
(b) How old they are.
(c) Where they come from.
(d) What they do for a living.
9. What is Florence reported for stealing?
(c) Illegal weapons.
10. Who reads the report written by Mma Makutsi and compliments her on doing a good job?
11. What does the assistant detective's first client do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a priest.
(c) He is a butcher.
(d) He is an artist.
12. Who is fearful of going to Dr. Ranta's house alone?
13. Who considers Ranta a psychopath?
14. Who types the report of what was learned from watching the first client's partner's whereabouts?
15. Where does Ramotswe take Matekoni to discuss the children privately?
(a) The post office.
(b) The Metronome.
(c) The Embassy.
(d) The Citadel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence ask the person she met at a take-out restaurant to get for her?
2. What does Matekoni's decision to help the orphans reveal about his character?
3. Who visits Florence in prison?
4. Who is upset to learn she still has to do the typing even though she is now an assistant detective?
5. Whose brother is in prison in Chapter 15?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)