|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fell into a ditch and broke his neck and was buried quietly?
2. Who takes his foster children shopping?
3. Whom does Florence call that owes her money?
4. Who calls his office and learns Florence has been arrested?
5. Who does Matekoni decide to hire?
(a) A writer.
(b) A bookkeeper.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A poet.
6. What does Matekoni's decision to help the orphans reveal about his character?
(a) He is impatient.
(b) He is manipulative.
(c) He is selfish.
(d) He is generous.
7. At. Dr. Ranta's house, who waits outside while the detective goes in?
8. Who watches a plane fly over from the window of Matekoni's house?
(a) The boy.
(b) The teacher.
(c) The maid.
(d) The girl.
9. Who types the report of what was learned from watching the first client's partner's whereabouts?
10. What does Ramotswe wonder about the orphan children in Chapter 14?
(a) What they do for a living.
(b) Whom they are.
(c) Where they come from.
(d) How old they are.
11. Who reads the report written by Mma Makutsi and compliments her on doing a good job?
12. Who stares at Ramotswe a long time before telling her the children are from an orphan farm?
13. Why is Florence arrested?
(a) For stealing.
(b) For arson.
(c) For having a gun.
(d) For lying.
14. Where will the orphan children be living after Maketoni gets married?
(a) The Zebra house.
(b) The Boulangerie.
(c) The Palisades.
(d) The Outliers.
15. What role is Matekoni playing with the children without the knowledge of Ramotswe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives to the University looking for Mr. Oswald Ranta?
2. Where does Ramotswe take Matekoni to discuss the children privately?
3. Who tells the assistant detective's first client that his son's education is being paid by a charity?
4. What does the assistant detective's first client do for a living?
5. Who is fearful of going to Dr. Ranta's house alone?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)