|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the infant orphan staying at Matekoni's house?
(b) The boy.
(c) The girl.
2. From where did Ranta receive a grant to work on the farm?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Chinese.
(d) The Ford Foundation.
3. Who has an ethical duty to tell the truth to a client?
(a) A writer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A detective.
(d) An accountant.
4. What is the assistant detective allowed to have subject to an agreement?
5. What does the assistant detective's first client do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a butcher.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a priest.
6. Where does Matekoni take the children to show their new home and have lunch, after talking to his fiance?
(b) Darken Rahl.
7. Who left the farm pregnant with Michael's baby?
8. From whom does the detective learn that Ranta is a ladies' man?
(a) The government.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The principal.
(d) The secretary.
9. What does Ramotswe wonder about the orphan children in Chapter 14?
(a) What they do for a living.
(b) How old they are.
(c) Where they come from.
(d) Whom they are.
10. Where does the person work that owes Florence money?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An office.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A bar.
11. For whom does Ramotswe mention the professor altered the examination?
12. Where is the take-out restaurant that Florence visited?
(a) The Diaspora mall.
(b) The Greek mall.
(c) The German mall.
(d) The African mall.
13. Who fell into a ditch and broke his neck and was buried quietly?
14. Where does Ramotswe take Matekoni to discuss the children privately?
(a) The Citadel.
(b) The Metronome.
(c) The post office.
(d) The Embassy.
15. Who is most interested in learning about engines at the garage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ramotswe confront for lying, prompting him to offer to call security?
2. Who types the report of what was learned from watching the first client's partner's whereabouts?
3. What had Florence been suffering from since she learned of Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni's plans to marry Mma Ramotswe?
4. Who is happy to marry a kind man?
5. Who drives to the University looking for Mr. Oswald Ranta?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)