|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says she won't tell the police but will tell Mrs. Curtin the story about her son?
2. Who is happy to marry a kind man?
3. Who dreams of having the orphan boy working in the mechanic shop?
4. What does Ramotswe wonder about the orphan children in Chapter 14?
(a) Where they come from.
(b) How old they are.
(c) What they do for a living.
(d) Whom they are.
5. Who is fearful of going to Dr. Ranta's house alone?
6. Why do the orphans like Maketoni?
(a) For his humor.
(b) For his car.
(c) For his kindness.
(d) For his hair.
7. What role does Matekoni play for the orphans?
8. Where is Michael's partner living according to Ranta?
9. Who is Ramotswe concerned about in relation to the orphan children?
(a) Her fiance.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
10. How had Florence protected from the police, the person she met at a take-out restaurant?
(a) Stole for her.
(b) Stole for him.
(c) Lied for him.
(d) Lied for her.
11. What is the assistant detective allowed to have subject to an agreement?
12. Whose brother is in prison in Chapter 15?
13. Whose disappearance does the professor say he has no knowledge of?
14. Who takes his foster children shopping?
15. Who fell into a ditch and broke his neck and was buried quietly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Ramotswe to come to the house to hear the whole story about the student and the altered exam?
2. Who trusts Matekoni implicitly by staying at his house?
3. What does Matekoni's decision to help the orphans reveal about his character?
4. Where is the take-out restaurant that Florence visited?
5. What is the name of the orphan girl?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)