|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will the orphan children be living after Maketoni gets married?
(a) The Outliers.
(b) The Boulangerie.
(c) The Zebra house.
(d) The Palisades.
2. Who does Matekoni decide to hire?
(a) A poet.
(b) A writer.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A bookkeeper.
3. Who is the South African woman that Michael shared a room with at the farm?
4. Whose brother is in prison in Chapter 15?
5. What does the adoptive father of the orphans want to provide for the children?
(a) New books.
(b) New clothes.
(c) A new house.
(d) A good education.
6. After shopping, whose picture is taken by a local photographer?
(a) The family's.
(b) The orphans'.
(c) The writers'.
(d) The students'.
7. Who has an ethical duty to tell the truth to a client?
(a) A writer.
(b) A detective.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An accountant.
8. Who is upset to learn she still has to do the typing even though she is now an assistant detective?
9. What does the assistant detective's first client do for a living?
(a) He is a butcher.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is a priest.
10. How do the orphans feel while at Matekoni's house?
11. Who regularly wakes up in the middle of the night because of sleeping problems?
12. Who had an affair with the South African woman that Michael shared a room with at the farm?
13. Where does Florence place the object she gets from the person that she met at a take-out restaurant?
(a) Ramotswe's house.
(b) Peco's house.
(c) Zebra's house.
(d) Maketoni's house.
14. What is Florence reported for stealing?
(a) Illegal weapons.
15. Who tells Makutsi to talk to the maid and follow the partner of the client?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can't afford to pay for both an assistant detective and a secretary?
2. Whom does Ramotswe confront for lying, prompting him to offer to call security?
3. At. Dr. Ranta's house, who waits outside while the detective goes in?
4. Who stares at Ramotswe a long time before telling her the children are from an orphan farm?
5. Whom will Makutsi and her boss tell about the affair but will try to make him happy somehow?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)