|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ramotswe concerned about in relation to the orphan children?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) Her brother.
2. Who is fearful of going to Dr. Ranta's house alone?
3. Why do the orphans like Maketoni?
(a) For his humor.
(b) For his hair.
(c) For his kindness.
(d) For his car.
4. What does Ramotswe wonder about the orphan children in Chapter 14?
(a) Whom they are.
(b) What they do for a living.
(c) How old they are.
(d) Where they come from.
5. Who is the older orphan staying at Matekoni's house?
(a) The girl.
(b) The young man.
(c) The boy.
(d) The young woman.
6. Who is a man who needs constant reassurance, according to Ramotswe?
7. Whose case does the assistant detective receive?
8. What role does Matekoni play for the orphans?
9. Who stares at Ramotswe a long time before telling her the children are from an orphan farm?
10. Who has the children visiting the garage with him?
11. Where does the person work that owes Florence money?
(a) An office.
(b) A bar.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A hotel.
12. Who considers Ranta a psychopath?
13. Whose disappearance does the professor say he has no knowledge of?
14. Who did Florence meet at a take-out restaurant?
15. How do the orphans feel while at Matekoni's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains what happened at the orphans' farm and how he had no alternative but to take the children?
2. How had Florence protected from the police, the person she met at a take-out restaurant?
3. From whom does the detective learn that Ranta is a ladies' man?
4. Where is the take-out restaurant that Florence visited?
5. Who does Matekoni decide to hire?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)