|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the German that establishes a cooperative in Africa?
2. What kind of building does the secretary at the detective agency wish she worked in?
(a) A luxury cruiser.
(b) A boat office.
(c) A high-rise office building with air conditioning.
(d) An office plaza downtown.
3. How many apprentices does Matekoni have?
4. What is the name of the farm that Ramotswe goes to visit?
5. Who does Maketoni fail to consult before taking the two orphans?
6. Where does the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors go to meet his/her fiance?
(a) Allen Hotel.
(b) Underground Hotel.
(c) Champlain Hotel.
(d) President Hotel.
7. What does Ramotswe put in her pocket that she takes from the farm she visits in Chapter 9?
8. By whom was Maketoni persuaded without consulting his bride-to-be?
9. Who took the two orphans to Nyanyabwe Hospital?
(a) A writer.
(b) A nurse.
(c) An ambulance worker.
(d) A government truck worker.
10. How many people get engaged in The Tears of the Giraffe?
11. Whom could Maketoni adopt without a lot of formality?
12. When his fiance is out at the farm, Maketoni visits people who need help doing what?
(a) Offering advice.
(b) Repairing the pump.
(c) Answering phones.
(d) Making food.
13. What does Potokwane suggest as a wedding gift for Ramotswe?
(a) 2 kittens.
(b) 2 iguanas.
(c) 2 orphans.
(d) 2 dogs.
14. To whom does Ramotswe dictate letters?
15. What kind of ring is Matekoni expected to buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Florence feel that she can no longer entertain at Maketoni's house?
2. Who experienced kindness as a child that makes him/her generous of spirit?
3. With whom does Florence engage in a plot against Ramotswe?
4. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
5. What did the woman in the story Matekoni learns about two orphans give birth to?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)