|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do Ramotswe and the secretary consider evil?
2. Who had promised the children they would be taken care of?
3. Who travels to Botswana to look for a missing relative?
4. Whose office do the two orphans go to when Maketoni offers to take them?
5. How did Ramotswe's visitor learn that the farm worker was missing?
(a) From a newspaper.
(b) From a letter.
(c) From a friend.
(d) From the embassy.
6. What does Matekoni work on while he is at the farm?
(a) A ring.
(b) A bookcase.
(c) An engine pump.
(d) A radio.
7. Whom does Florence feel that she can no longer entertain at Maketoni's house?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her siblings.
(c) Her male friends.
(d) Her teachers.
8. What did the woman in the story Matekoni learns about two orphans give birth to?
(a) A monster.
(b) A dead baby.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A son.
9. Whose case does Ramotswe not want but takes anyway?
10. Where in Bostwana do people get engaged in The Tears of the Giraffe?
11. What does Potokwane suggest as a wedding gift for Ramotswe?
(a) 2 iguanas.
(b) 2 kittens.
(c) 2 orphans.
(d) 2 dogs.
12. Where does Maketoni go to kill time when his fiance is out at the farm?
(a) The ammunitions building.
(b) The dealership.
(c) The orphan farm.
(d) The delivery service.
13. With whom does Florence engage in a plot against Ramotswe?
(a) A sibling.
(b) An employer.
(c) A male friend.
(d) A parent.
14. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
15. What does Ramotswe put in her pocket that she takes from the farm she visits in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Matekoni and Ramotswe decide to get married?
2. Who arrives without an appointment at lunchtime to visit Ramotswe?
3. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
4. At whose cousin's motel will the current maid of the house be given a job?
5. Who does Ramotswe pick up on the way to the farm on Saturday morning?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)