|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease damaged the bones of the girl, preventing her from walking prior to going to the farm?
(d) Yellow fever.
2. How many times has the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors proposed?
3. What does Potokwane suggest as a wedding gift for Ramotswe?
(a) 2 orphans.
(b) 2 iguanas.
(c) 2 kittens.
(d) 2 dogs.
4. Who does Ramotswe drive to the farm with in Chapter 9?
5. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
(a) A man.
(b) A child.
(c) A woman.
(d) A book.
6. Why is the maid amazed to see the two children from the farm?
(a) Because they are orphans.
(b) Because she feels lonely.
(c) Because they are so big.
(d) Because they are so small.
7. In the story Matekoni learns about two orphans, who is in a camp?
(a) A mountaineer.
(b) A tribe.
(c) A rider.
(d) A bookseller.
8. By whom was Maketoni persuaded without consulting his bride-to-be?
9. What do the children do while Matekoni brings their suitcase in?
10. Who feels that he/she has an obligation to the children no matter what happens?
11. What kind of building does the secretary at the detective agency wish she worked in?
(a) A luxury cruiser.
(b) A boat office.
(c) A high-rise office building with air conditioning.
(d) An office plaza downtown.
12. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
13. What is the name of the missing person that Ramotswe's visitor is searching for?
14. Whose case does Ramotswe not want but takes anyway?
15. What is the name of the maid currently working in the house who takes advantage of the owner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Florence upset with Maketoni?
2. Why is Matekoni upset about the ring?
3. Who had promised the children they would be taken care of?
4. Whose office do the two orphans go to when Maketoni offers to take them?
5. What does Ramotswe say is a symbol of appreciation?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)