|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ramotswe put in her pocket that she takes from the farm she visits in Chapter 9?
2. What did the woman in the story Matekoni learns about two orphans die of?
(c) A snake bite.
3. In the story Matekoni learns about two orphans, who is in a camp?
(a) A rider.
(b) A bookseller.
(c) A mountaineer.
(d) A tribe.
4. What does Potokwane suggest as a wedding gift for Ramotswe?
(a) 2 orphans.
(b) 2 dogs.
(c) 2 kittens.
(d) 2 iguanas.
5. What does Matekoni work on while he is at the farm?
(a) A ring.
(b) A radio.
(c) A bookcase.
(d) An engine pump.
6. Whose maid does the engaged couple want to retain for their house?
7. What kind of ring is Matekoni expected to buy?
8. From where does the secretary get the phone number for the man Ramotswe considers evil?
(a) The school.
(b) The registry.
(c) The prison.
(d) The phone book.
9. After whose death does Ramotswe's visitor return to Africa?
10. Who took the two orphans to Nyanyabwe Hospital?
(a) An ambulance worker.
(b) A writer.
(c) A government truck worker.
(d) A nurse.
11. As Florence is making lunch, who arrives home with the two children from the orphan farm?
12. What kind of building does the secretary at the detective agency wish she worked in?
(a) A luxury cruiser.
(b) An office plaza downtown.
(c) A high-rise office building with air conditioning.
(d) A boat office.
13. Who feels that he/she has an obligation to the children no matter what happens?
14. When his fiance is out at the farm, Maketoni visits people who need help doing what?
(a) Making food.
(b) Repairing the pump.
(c) Offering advice.
(d) Answering phones.
15. Who likes to leave the door open at the detective agency?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Florence fail to do at Maketoni's house?
2. Who had promised the children they would be taken care of?
3. What parts of the house are very dirty?
4. What is Maketoni's new house big enough to have?
5. What is Ramotswe's secretary's name?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)