|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the farm that Ramotswe visits in Chapter 9 consist of?
(a) Broken down tractors.
(b) Old silos.
(c) Deserted buildings.
(d) Emergency wards.
2. Who is the German that establishes a cooperative in Africa?
3. Who experienced kindness as a child that makes him/her generous of spirit?
4. Why does the secretary feel resentful about her office at the detective agency?
(a) It is not fancy.
(b) It is not insured.
(c) It is small.
(d) It is expensive.
5. What is the name of the farm that Ramotswe goes to visit?
6. Who does Ramotswe pick up on the way to the farm on Saturday morning?
7. Who does Ramotswe drive to the farm with in Chapter 9?
8. Where does Maketoni go to kill time when his fiance is out at the farm?
(a) The ammunitions building.
(b) The delivery service.
(c) The dealership.
(d) The orphan farm.
9. With whom does Florence engage in a plot against Ramotswe?
(a) A male friend.
(b) An employer.
(c) A sibling.
(d) A parent.
10. Whom do Ramotswe and the secretary consider evil?
11. How many times has the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors proposed?
12. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
(a) He is still there.
(b) He bought it.
(c) He sold it.
(d) He burned it.
13. What kind of building does the secretary at the detective agency wish she worked in?
(a) An office plaza downtown.
(b) A boat office.
(c) A luxury cruiser.
(d) A high-rise office building with air conditioning.
14. Who is the founder of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
15. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramotswe think about the past?
2. When his fiance is out at the farm, Maketoni visits people who need help doing what?
3. At whose cousin's motel will the current maid of the house be given a job?
4. Who is the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors?
5. Who feels that he/she has an obligation to the children no matter what happens?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)