|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Matekoni learns about two orphans, who is in a wheelchair that he fixed?
(a) A lady.
(b) A boy.
(c) A man.
(d) A girl.
2. To whom does Ramotswe dictate letters?
3. Where does the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors go to meet his/her fiance?
(a) Underground Hotel.
(b) Allen Hotel.
(c) President Hotel.
(d) Champlain Hotel.
4. What do the children do while Matekoni brings their suitcase in?
5. From where does the secretary get the phone number for the man Ramotswe considers evil?
(a) The phone book.
(b) The prison.
(c) The school.
(d) The registry.
6. What tribe do the children that come to Maketoni's house belong to?
7. Whose house does the fiance want to live in?
8. What kind of furniture does Matekoni fix at the farm?
(a) A couch.
(b) A bookshelf.
(c) A wheelchair.
(d) A table.
9. What is the name of the farm that Ramotswe goes to visit?
10. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
(a) A woman.
(b) A man.
(c) A child.
(d) A book.
11. Who took the two orphans to Nyanyabwe Hospital?
(a) An ambulance worker.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A writer.
(d) A government truck worker.
12. How many times has the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors proposed?
13. Who feels that he/she has an obligation to the children no matter what happens?
14. Why does the secretary feel resentful about her office at the detective agency?
(a) It is small.
(b) It is not insured.
(c) It is not fancy.
(d) It is expensive.
15. With whom does Florence engage in a plot against Ramotswe?
(a) A male friend.
(b) A parent.
(c) An employer.
(d) A sibling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramotswe think about the past?
2. What does Matekoni work on while he is at the farm?
3. For whom has Ramotswe's visitor been searching for the last ten years?
4. By whom was Maketoni persuaded without consulting his bride-to-be?
5. Where is Matekoni when he thinks about the behavior of his apprentices?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)