|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Florence is making lunch, who arrives home with the two children from the orphan farm?
2. What did Florence feel she did well at Maketoni's house even though Ramotswe disagreed?
(a) Clean his clothes.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Bathe him.
(d) Clean his house.
3. Where in Bostwana do people get engaged in The Tears of the Giraffe?
4. What did the woman in the story Matekoni learns about two orphans die of?
(c) A snake bite.
5. What does Ramotswe do for a living?
(a) She is a detective.
(b) She is a writer.
(c) She is an artist.
(d) She is a teacher.
6. What does Ramotswe think about the past?
(a) It is disturbing.
(b) It is insightful.
(c) It should be rehashed constantly.
(d) It should be left alone.
7. Whose maid does the engaged couple want to retain for their house?
8. By whom was Maketoni persuaded without consulting his bride-to-be?
9. What is Maketoni's new house big enough to have?
10. Whose house does the fiance want to live in?
11. How many times has the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors proposed?
12. Who took the two orphans to Nyanyabwe Hospital?
(a) A nurse.
(b) An ambulance worker.
(c) A government truck worker.
(d) A writer.
13. Who travels to Botswana to look for a missing relative?
14. Why does the secretary feel resentful about her office at the detective agency?
(a) It is not fancy.
(b) It is expensive.
(c) It is small.
(d) It is not insured.
15. From what group did Ramotswe's visitor hear about her company?
(a) The British Embassy.
(b) The German Embassy.
(c) The American Embassy.
(d) The Iranian Embassy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency?
2. Who was supposed to attend Dartmouth but decided to extend his stay in Africa for another year?
3. What kind of ring is Matekoni expected to buy?
4. What does Potokwane suggest as a wedding gift for Ramotswe?
5. Who does Maketoni fail to consult before taking the two orphans?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)