|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ramotswe's visitor learn that the farm worker was missing?
(a) From the embassy.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From a letter.
(d) From a newspaper.
2. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
3. What disease damaged the bones of the girl, preventing her from walking prior to going to the farm?
(c) Yellow fever.
4. Why is Matekoni upset about the ring?
(a) Its cost.
(b) Its size.
(c) Its color.
(d) Its shape.
5. Where is Matekoni when he thinks about the behavior of his apprentices?
(a) His garage.
(b) His room.
(c) His hotel.
(d) His house.
6. What does Ramotswe show the secretary a picture of?
(a) A woman.
(b) A book.
(c) A child.
(d) A man.
7. Who took the two orphans to Nyanyabwe Hospital?
(a) A government truck worker.
(b) A writer.
(c) An ambulance worker.
(d) A nurse.
8. Who tells Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni the story of the two orphans?
9. Who does Ramotswe pick up on the way to the farm on Saturday morning?
10. What does Ramotswe do for a living?
(a) She is a writer.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a detective.
(d) She is a teacher.
11. What does Ramotswe think about the past?
(a) It should be rehashed constantly.
(b) It should be left alone.
(c) It is insightful.
(d) It is disturbing.
12. What does the farm that Ramotswe visits in Chapter 9 consist of?
(a) Deserted buildings.
(b) Broken down tractors.
(c) Old silos.
(d) Emergency wards.
13. Who is the German that establishes a cooperative in Africa?
14. Where does Ramotswe want to live?
(a) His Zebra Drive house.
(b) Her Zebra Drive house.
(c) His Giraffe Drive house.
(d) Her Giraffe Drive house.
15. What did Florence fail to do at Maketoni's house?
(a) Live in it.
(b) Organize it.
(c) Protect it.
(d) Clean it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maketoni's new house big enough to have?
2. Whom does the woman Ramotswe picks up on the way to the farm introduce her to that worked on the farm?
3. In the story Matekoni learns about two orphans, who is in a camp?
4. What is the name of the missing person that Ramotswe's visitor is searching for?
5. Who feels that he/she has an obligation to the children no matter what happens?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)