|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the secretary feel resentful about her office at the detective agency?
(a) It is not insured.
(b) It is expensive.
(c) It is small.
(d) It is not fancy.
2. What is the name of the farm that Ramotswe goes to visit?
3. What is Matekoni's garage called?
4. What does Ramotswe say is a symbol of appreciation?
(a) The book.
(b) The dress.
(c) The note.
(d) The ring.
5. What does Potokwane suggest as a wedding gift for Ramotswe?
(a) 2 iguanas.
(b) 2 kittens.
(c) 2 orphans.
(d) 2 dogs.
6. After whose death does Ramotswe's visitor return to Africa?
7. What enters the detective agency because the door is open?
8. What does Matekoni and Ramotswe agree cannot expect in Gaberone?
9. What kind of ring is Matekoni expected to buy?
10. Who is the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors?
11. What is Maketoni's new house big enough to have?
12. From where does the secretary get the phone number for the man Ramotswe considers evil?
(a) The prison.
(b) The phone book.
(c) The registry.
(d) The school.
13. Where does the man Ramotswe consider evil work?
(a) The university.
(b) The library.
(c) The school.
(d) The ministry.
14. Whom could Maketoni adopt without a lot of formality?
15. Who arrives without an appointment at lunchtime to visit Ramotswe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was supposed to attend Dartmouth but decided to extend his stay in Africa for another year?
2. What disease damaged the bones of the girl, preventing her from walking prior to going to the farm?
3. Who does Maketoni fail to consult before taking the two orphans?
4. Why is Matekoni upset about the ring?
5. Who feels that he/she has an obligation to the children no matter what happens?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)