|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Florence fail to do at Maketoni's house?
(a) Clean it.
(b) Protect it.
(c) Live in it.
(d) Organize it.
2. At whose cousin's motel will the current maid of the house be given a job?
3. What did Florence feel she did well at Maketoni's house even though Ramotswe disagreed?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Clean his clothes.
(c) Bathe him.
(d) Clean his house.
4. Who had promised the children they would be taken care of?
5. What does Ramotswe do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a writer.
(c) She is a detective.
(d) She is an artist.
6. Whose office do the two orphans go to when Maketoni offers to take them?
7. Where does the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors go to meet his/her fiance?
(a) Allen Hotel.
(b) President Hotel.
(c) Champlain Hotel.
(d) Underground Hotel.
8. In the story Matekoni learns about two orphans, who is in a camp?
(a) A mountaineer.
(b) A rider.
(c) A bookseller.
(d) A tribe.
9. What does Ramotswe's intuition tell her about Michael and the farm?
(a) He is still there.
(b) He bought it.
(c) He burned it.
(d) He sold it.
10. What kind of furniture does Matekoni fix at the farm?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A wheelchair.
(c) A couch.
(d) A table.
11. How many people get engaged in The Tears of the Giraffe?
12. What does Ramotswe put in her pocket that she takes from the farm she visits in Chapter 9?
13. How many times has the proprietor of the Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors proposed?
14. What kind of ring is Matekoni expected to buy?
15. Who tells Maketoni that she drove by his house to see where he would be living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the secretary at the detective agency happy to work for?
2. What disease damaged the bones of the girl, preventing her from walking prior to going to the farm?
3. Where does the man Ramotswe consider evil work?
4. What farm does Matekoni drive to?
5. What did the woman in the story Matekoni learns about two orphans give birth to?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)