|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the potential buyers think the price was too high?
2. How is the group flying over to look at the village going to document the trip?
3. What kind of liquor is Fisby going to serve Col. Purdy at the end of the play?
4. Why, according to Fisby, must he build a teahouse?
5. What is Capt. McLean's retirement plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the style of Fisby's sales pitch to the other village Army officers to sell the brandy. What do you recognize about his sale's pitch? Is this a typically "American" way to sell? Is this regarded as honorable? What about Fisby sale's pitch makes this a funny scene?
Essay Topic 2
The cricket holds a special place in Okinawan society. Explain the importance of the cricket in Okinawan society. Do you think the villagers believe in the importance of the cricket? Why do you think the villagers believe the cricket should hold such a place of honor?
Essay Topic 3
Is the role of a Geisha as simple as Sakini describes? Does Lotus Blossom play a realistic Geisha in this play? Why do you think that?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)