|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the teahouse?
2. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the stills?
3. What does Fisby say about Col. Purdy's mother?
4. What is Capt. McLean's lie to Fisby about why he is visiting the village?
5. What did some "fool Senator" do back in Washington?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the role of a Geisha as simple as Sakini describes? Does Lotus Blossom play a realistic Geisha in this play? Why do you think that?
Essay Topic 2
Judging from Col. Purdy's knowledge of the French language, what do you think were his ambitions before the war? How closely did his wartime service resemble his dreams? Do you think his wife always shared his dreams and do you think they share dreams now?
Essay Topic 3
Other than Lotus Blossom, the character of Miss Higa Jiga is the only other woman described in much detail. Describe Miss Higa Jiga. What does Miss Higa Jiga represent? What does she symbolized? What changes does she make during the play?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)