|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fisby say about the villagers' work?
2. What is Fisby wearing when he meets Capt. McLean?
3. Where does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to pile the lumber?
4. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has the island of Okinawa survived?
5. What song do Fisby and Capt. McLean sing after the wrestling match?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think the teahouse would be viewed by visitors? Compare that view to how you think the community views the teahouse. How does the teahouse add value to the community?
Essay Topic 2
What does Col. Purdy say about teaching democracy to the villagers? What did Col. Purdy do before the war? Do you think his occupation plays into his role as a Colonel? How?
Essay Topic 3
Fisby tells Sakini that he's not sure who is the conqueror and who is the conquered. How has his ideal of success changed throughout the play? What do you think Fisby is leaving with that he will take with him as he moves on in life from the village?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)