|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has invaded the island of Okinawa?
2. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
3. What did some "fool Senator" do back in Washington?
4. What kind of liquor is Fisby going to serve Col. Purdy at the end of the play?
5. What do they call the liquor that was made 10 days ago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the style of Fisby's sales pitch to the other village Army officers to sell the brandy. What do you recognize about his sale's pitch? Is this a typically "American" way to sell? Is this regarded as honorable? What about Fisby sale's pitch makes this a funny scene?
Essay Topic 2
What does Col. Purdy say about teaching democracy to the villagers? What did Col. Purdy do before the war? Do you think his occupation plays into his role as a Colonel? How?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to the bi-monthly Progress Reports? How are the cricket cages used for humor when trying to find important paperwork in Fisby's office? Why does Fisby take such a loose approach with these reports? Could he have done this differently and avoided problems in the end? Why doesn't he?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)