Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did one of the contestant's get his shirt for the wrestling match?
2. What name is the money earned from the sale of liquor kept under?
3. Where does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to pile the lumber?
4. Why, according to Fisby, must he build a teahouse?
5. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
Essay Topic 1
Who, at the beginning of the play, owns a white coat? What honor does this bring to the wearer? Would anyone wearing a white coat receive the same honor? Why? Why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the style of Fisby's sales pitch to the other village Army officers to sell the brandy. What do you recognize about his sale's pitch? Is this a typically "American" way to sell? Is this regarded as honorable? What about Fisby sale's pitch makes this a funny scene?
Essay Topic 3
Judging from Col. Purdy's knowledge of the French language, what do you think were his ambitions before the war? How closely did his wartime service resemble his dreams? Do you think his wife always shared his dreams and do you think they share dreams now?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)