Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did one of the contestant's get his shirt for the wrestling match?
2. What name is the money earned from the sale of liquor kept under?
3. Where does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to pile the lumber?
4. Why, according to Fisby, must he build a teahouse?
5. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
Essay Topic 1
When Fisby says that Lotus Blossom must decide her future for herself, what is happening? What is Fisby giving up? Anything? What is Lotus Blossom giving up if she starts to decide her future on her own? What will she gain? What do you think is the final effect of Fisby knowing Lotus Blossom? Do you think it breaks a stereotype for him?
Essay Topic 2
Judging from Col. Purdy's knowledge of the French language, what do you think were his ambitions before the war? How closely did his wartime service resemble his dreams? Do you think his wife always shared his dreams and do you think they share dreams now?
Essay Topic 3
Describe democracy as viewed by Fisby and by Sakini. What are the differences and similarities of each viewpoint? By the end of the play, how have Fisby and Sakini's views of democracy changed?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)