|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what special occasions is the liquor made?
2. How many cricket cages does Fisby own by the time he meets Capt. McLean?
3. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has the island of Okinawa survived?
4. What is Fisby going to call his new liquor company?
5. What does Fisby say about the villagers' work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the role of a Geisha as simple as Sakini describes? Does Lotus Blossom play a realistic Geisha in this play? Why do you think that?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Fisby sees Okinawan women. From this description, do you get the sense that he would be disappointed if Lotus Blossom were to move to America? How does Fisby think moving to America would affect Lotus Blossom? Is his choice in not marrying her for her sake or his or both?
Essay Topic 3
Who, at the beginning of the play, owns a white coat? What honor does this bring to the wearer? Would anyone wearing a white coat receive the same honor? Why? Why not?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)