|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What man from town would Lotus Blossom like to marry in the end?
2. Why does Capt. McLean want to leave the meeting with Col. Purdy?
3. Where is the money earned from the sale of liquor?
4. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
5. What does Fisby call the teahouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the play, what is the difference between Okinawan industry and American industry? What role do machines play in the comparison?
Essay Topic 2
When Fisby says that Lotus Blossom must decide her future for herself, what is happening? What is Fisby giving up? Anything? What is Lotus Blossom giving up if she starts to decide her future on her own? What will she gain? What do you think is the final effect of Fisby knowing Lotus Blossom? Do you think it breaks a stereotype for him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the style of Fisby's sales pitch to the other village Army officers to sell the brandy. What do you recognize about his sale's pitch? Is this a typically "American" way to sell? Is this regarded as honorable? What about Fisby sale's pitch makes this a funny scene?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)