|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers get drunk on?
2. What does Capt. McLean say chemicals on plants will do?
3. When Gregovich goes out in the village to destroy all the stills, how does he return?
4. What does Fisby call the teahouse?
5. Who is thrown from the ring during the wrestling match?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Sakini as the narrator and describe how he is used in this play as narrator and as a character. What is Sakini's personal point-of-view and how does it influence the audience during the play? Is a narrator always used to influence or is he usually there just to tell the story?
Essay Topic 2
Other than Lotus Blossom, the character of Miss Higa Jiga is the only other woman described in much detail. Describe Miss Higa Jiga. What does Miss Higa Jiga represent? What does she symbolized? What changes does she make during the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe democracy as viewed by Fisby and by Sakini. What are the differences and similarities of each viewpoint? By the end of the play, how have Fisby and Sakini's views of democracy changed?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)