|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is the money earned from the sale of liquor kept under?
2. What did Lotus Blossom need a teahouse for?
3. Who is flying over to look at the village?
4. What are the kimonos made from?
5. What man from town would Lotus Blossom like to marry in the end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Mr. Oshira say to Fisby about teahouses in the big cities? How does the description of the teahouses in the big cities convince Fisby to build a teahouse? What specifically does Oshira say that convinces Fisby? How will the other villagers react to a teahouse being built in their community? What insight does Oshira share that makes Fisby believe it is the right thing to do?
Essay Topic 2
What is the government's concept of education regarding a pentagon-shaped school? What is the importance of the shape and how does education theory stem from the physical building?
Essay Topic 3
Is the role of a Geisha as simple as Sakini describes? Does Lotus Blossom play a realistic Geisha in this play? Why do you think that?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)