|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lotus Blossom believe happens in American factories?
2. What does tsukemono mean?
3. At the end of the play, what does Sakini wish that the August Moon brings to the audience?
4. What will be the name of the street the teahouse sits on?
5. How many lectures has Fisby given to the village children on Democratic Theory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Mr. Oshira say to Fisby about teahouses in the big cities? How does the description of the teahouses in the big cities convince Fisby to build a teahouse? What specifically does Oshira say that convinces Fisby? How will the other villagers react to a teahouse being built in their community? What insight does Oshira share that makes Fisby believe it is the right thing to do?
Essay Topic 2
Judging from Col. Purdy's knowledge of the French language, what do you think were his ambitions before the war? How closely did his wartime service resemble his dreams? Do you think his wife always shared his dreams and do you think they share dreams now?
Essay Topic 3
What does Col. Purdy say about teaching democracy to the villagers? What did Col. Purdy do before the war? Do you think his occupation plays into his role as a Colonel? How?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)