|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Fisby call first to try to sell the liquor?
2. At the end of the play, what does Sakini wish that the August Moon brings to the audience?
3. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
4. What does Fisby say about the villagers' work?
5. What, according to Capt. McLean, do earthworms do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judging from Col. Purdy's knowledge of the French language, what do you think were his ambitions before the war? How closely did his wartime service resemble his dreams? Do you think his wife always shared his dreams and do you think they share dreams now?
Essay Topic 2
How is the chrysanthemum a symbol throughout the play? What different meanings does it have as the play evolves? Describe the difference between the bud and a chrysanthemum in full bloom. Do you think Fisby ever understands the significance of the flower as the villagers do?
Essay Topic 3
Is the role of a Geisha as simple as Sakini describes? Does Lotus Blossom play a realistic Geisha in this play? Why do you think that?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)