|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lotus Blossom believe happens in American factories?
2. What is the significance of one of the contestant's black shorts during the wresting match?
3. What is the villagers' liquor made from?
4. When Col. Purdy tells Capt. McLean that he will be leaving, how does Capt. McLean describe what will happen to his plant?
5. When Col. Purdy enters during the song after the wrestling match, what does Fisby do about his legs?
Essay Topic 1
In the play, what is the difference between Okinawan industry and American industry? What role do machines play in the comparison?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Fisby sees Okinawan women. From this description, do you get the sense that he would be disappointed if Lotus Blossom were to move to America? How does Fisby think moving to America would affect Lotus Blossom? Is his choice in not marrying her for her sake or his or both?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Sakini as the narrator and describe how he is used in this play as narrator and as a character. What is Sakini's personal point-of-view and how does it influence the audience during the play? Is a narrator always used to influence or is he usually there just to tell the story?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)