|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean for Fisby to cover his face with the fan when he starts the wrestling match?
2. What is the name of the teahouse?
3. Why does Fisby not think it would be a good idea for Lotus Blossom to go to America?
4. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
5. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Sakini as the narrator and describe how he is used in this play as narrator and as a character. What is Sakini's personal point-of-view and how does it influence the audience during the play? Is a narrator always used to influence or is he usually there just to tell the story?
Essay Topic 2
Fisby tells Sakini that he's not sure who is the conqueror and who is the conquered. How has his ideal of success changed throughout the play? What do you think Fisby is leaving with that he will take with him as he moves on in life from the village?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the Congressman defines "get-up and go?" How do you think the Congressman will view the blending of two cultures? What will surprise the Congressman when he arrives in the village?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)