|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many castings do earthworms leave behind?
2. What has Capt. McLean done for years every spring?
3. What does Sakini want to do when he realizes that Fisby is leaving?
4. Why are all the villagers returning at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4 with all of their bundles?
5. Where does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to pile the lumber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judging from Col. Purdy's knowledge of the French language, what do you think were his ambitions before the war? How closely did his wartime service resemble his dreams? Do you think his wife always shared his dreams and do you think they share dreams now?
Essay Topic 2
In the play, what is the difference between Okinawan industry and American industry? What role do machines play in the comparison?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Fisby sees Okinawan women. From this description, do you get the sense that he would be disappointed if Lotus Blossom were to move to America? How does Fisby think moving to America would affect Lotus Blossom? Is his choice in not marrying her for her sake or his or both?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)