|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the potential buyers think of the straw hats?
(a) They thought it would make them look like "hayseed."
(b) They wanted a bandana around the hats for color.
(c) They wanted the hats to be in different colors.
(d) They thought it would make them look like country singers.
2. How are goods made in the U.S. according to this story?
(a) Hand-made at home.
(b) In factories, many at a time.
(c) Hand-crafted in villages.
(d) In city schools.
3. What is the Haitian word for sweet potato?
(d) Ba bay.
4. Who is thrown from the ring during the wrestling match?
(b) Mr. Oshira.
(d) Mr. Hokaida.
5. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the stills?
(a) Learn how to use them.
(b) Destroy them all.
(c) Dismantle them and take them back.
(d) Inspect them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Capt. McLean's lie to Fisby about why he is visiting the village?
2. What is the cloth that the white suits are made from?
3. What will be the punishment for Fisby?
4. Why, according to Fisby, must he build a teahouse?
5. What man from town would Lotus Blossom like to marry in the end?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)