|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the play, what does Sakini wish that the August Moon brings to the audience?
(a) A happy life.
(b) A good fortune.
(c) A gentle sleep.
2. Why does Capt. McLean want to leave the meeting with Col. Purdy?
(a) He needs to go to the teahouse.
(b) He needs to stop the villagers from over-watering his seedlings.
(c) He is needed at the stills.
(d) He needs to transplant his seedlings.
3. When Gregovich goes out in the village to destroy all the stills, how does he return?
(a) He returns after dark because he watched the sun set in the grove with the others.
(b) He gets lost and does not return until the next day.
(c) He returns angry.
(d) He returns drunk.
4. What is the significance of one of the contestant's black shorts during the wresting match?
(a) Black mean death.
(b) Black is Lotus Blossom's favorite color.
(c) Black is the symbol of the moon.
(d) Nothing. Just easy to keep clean.
5. Why does Fisby not think it would be a good idea for Lotus Blossom to go to America?
(a) She would be considered "different."
(b) She would not be able to get a job.
(c) She does not know anybody.
(d) She does not have any education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gregovich really destroy?
2. What song do Fisby and Capt. McLean sing after the wrestling match?
3. What does Sakini want to do when he realizes that Fisby is leaving?
4. What is Capt. McLean's retirement plan?
5. What is the cloth that the white suits are made from?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)