|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did some "fool Senator" do back in Washington?
(a) He seized the village's bank account.
(b) He is using the village as an example of Okinawan thought and success.
(c) He is using the village as an example of the decadence of Okinawan life.
(d) He is using the village as an example of American "Get-up-and-go."
2. What are the men wading in next to where they are building the teahouse?
(a) The lake.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The lotus pond.
(d) A stream.
3. Whom does Fisby call first to try to sell the liquor?
(a) Tokyo Bars.
(b) Col. Purdy.
(c) Maj. McEvoy.
(d) The officer's club in Awasi.
4. What is Capt. McLean's retirement plan?
(a) To buy a home on the beach.
(b) To retire to Hawaii.
(c) To buy a ranch home and mow the lawn.
(d) To buy a farm and raise specialty crops for big restaurants.
5. Why, according to Fisby, must he build a teahouse?
(a) He has cricket cages.
(b) The villagers want it.
(c) Lotus Blossom wants it.
(d) He has a Geisha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the potential buyers think the price was too high?
2. What is Capt. McLean's lie to Fisby about why he is visiting the village?
3. What do they call the liquor that was made 10 days ago?
4. What does Fisby call the teahouse?
5. What is Fisby going to call his new liquor company?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)