|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean when Fisby gives Lotus Blossom a chrysanthemum in full bloom?
(a) That he gives her his heart.
(b) That he is captivated by her.
(c) That he thinks she is beautiful.
(d) That he loves her.
2. What are some of Capt. McLean's favorite plants?
(a) Super Red Tomatoes and Carrot Root.
(b) Celery, Lettuce, and Snow Root Strawberries.
(c) Cucumbers - Extra Early Green Prolific; Radishes - Crimson Giant; Tomatoes - Ponderosa Earliana; and Watermelon.
(d) Jolly Green Giant Peas and Idaho Potatoes.
3. How many castings do earthworms leave behind?
(a) Two times their own weight every week.
(b) They don't leave behind castings.
(c) Two times their own weight every day.
(d) Eight times their own weight every day.
4. How are goods made in the U.S. according to this story?
(a) In city schools.
(b) Hand-made at home.
(c) In factories, many at a time.
(d) Hand-crafted in villages.
5. What do they call the liquor that was made 10 days ago?
(a) Special Brandy.
(b) Blue Ribbon Brandy.
(c) 10 star Brandy.
(d) Happy Brandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does tsukemono mean?
2. What is the cloth that the white suits are made from?
3. When Col. Purdy tells Capt. McLean that he will be leaving, how does Capt. McLean describe what will happen to his plant?
4. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
5. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the teahouse?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)