|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has the island of Okinawa survived?
(a) Chinese pirates, Japanese warlords, English missionaries, and American Marines.
(b) French and American missionaries and American Marines.
(c) Gypsy moth, frog, and cicada invasion.
(d) Earthquakes and tsunami.
2. Where is the paperwork that Col. Purdy wants to see hiding?
(a) Sakini is hiding the paperwork.
(b) Under the cricket cages.
(c) Under Capt. Fisby's bed.
(d) There is no paperwork.
3. What did some "fool Senator" do back in Washington?
(a) He is using the village as an example of the decadence of Okinawan life.
(b) He is using the village as an example of Okinawan thought and success.
(c) He seized the village's bank account.
(d) He is using the village as an example of American "Get-up-and-go."
4. What does Fisby ask the villagers to do as they sing after the wrestling match?
5. What is Capt. McLean's retirement plan?
(a) To buy a home on the beach.
(b) To buy a farm and raise specialty crops for big restaurants.
(c) To buy a ranch home and mow the lawn.
(d) To retire to Hawaii.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Fisby, must he build a teahouse?
2. What does Fisby say about Col. Purdy's mother?
3. What are the men wading in next to where they are building the teahouse?
4. What does Fisby call the teahouse?
5. Who is thrown from the ring during the wrestling match?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)