|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Col. Purdy think of American air and wind?
(a) The air is clean and the wind is fresh.
(b) The air is light and the wind is breezy.
(c) The air is fresh and the wind is clean.
(d) The air is cool and the wind is mild.
2. What does Fisby find in the corner of his office that he cups in his hands?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A roach.
3. When Col. Purdy enters during the song after the wrestling match, what does Fisby do about his legs?
(a) He tries to cover them.
(b) He jumps in a chair to hide them.
(c) He puts on his pants to cover them.
(d) He stares down at them.
4. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
(a) A piece of pie.
(b) A chocolate bar.
(c) An apple.
5. How are goods made in the U.S. according to this story?
(a) Hand-crafted in villages.
(b) Hand-made at home.
(c) In factories, many at a time.
(d) In city schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fisby not think it would be a good idea for Lotus Blossom to go to America?
2. Why are all the villagers returning at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4 with all of their bundles?
3. Who is flying over to look at the village?
4. What is the Haitian word for sweet potato?
5. What song do Fisby and Capt. McLean sing after the wrestling match?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)