|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fisby has been ordered to leave, what does Lotus Blossom want?
(a) She wants to marry McLean.
(b) She wants to go to Tokyo.
(c) She wants to marry Fisby.
(d) She wants to marry Sakini.
2. What does tsukemono mean?
(a) Tart thing.
(b) Fragrant things.
(c) Sweet things.
(d) Salty things.
3. What has Capt. McLean subscribed to for years?
(a) The Farmer's Almanac.
(b) All the farm journals.
(c) American Journal.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
4. What does Col. Purdy think of American air and wind?
(a) The air is light and the wind is breezy.
(b) The air is cool and the wind is mild.
(c) The air is fresh and the wind is clean.
(d) The air is clean and the wind is fresh.
5. What does Fisby say about the villagers' work?
(a) He says nothing about their work.
(b) He tells them maybe they can do better work.
(c) He is sorry that their work isn't better.
(d) He tells them they should all be proud of their work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean for Fisby to cover his face with the fan when he starts the wrestling match?
2. What did Col. Purdy promise his wife?
3. When Gregovich goes out in the village to destroy all the stills, how does he return?
4. What does the winner of the wresting match get?
5. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)