|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of Capt. McLean's favorite plants?
(a) Jolly Green Giant Peas and Idaho Potatoes.
(b) Super Red Tomatoes and Carrot Root.
(c) Celery, Lettuce, and Snow Root Strawberries.
(d) Cucumbers - Extra Early Green Prolific; Radishes - Crimson Giant; Tomatoes - Ponderosa Earliana; and Watermelon.
2. What did Col. Purdy promise his wife?
(a) That he will build her a house after retirement.
(b) That he would come out of the army a General.
(c) That he would retire this year.
(d) That he would be home by July.
3. Why did the potential buyers think the price was too high?
(a) They are comparing prices with manufactured goods.
(b) They are comparing prices with European goods.
(c) Americans can buy goods in a five and ten cent store and wouldn't pay more than a nickel.
(d) They are comparing the prices with prices on the base.
4. Why does Capt. McLean want to leave the meeting with Col. Purdy?
(a) He needs to stop the villagers from over-watering his seedlings.
(b) He needs to transplant his seedlings.
(c) He is needed at the stills.
(d) He needs to go to the teahouse.
5. What does Col. Purdy want to see once he arrives in the village?
(a) The school.
(b) The Progress Reports.
(c) The teahouse.
(d) The offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
2. Who is flying over to look at the village?
3. Fisby tells Capt. McLean that he feels free. When does he say this feeling started?
4. What did the potential buyers think of the straw hats?
5. What does Gregovich really destroy?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)