|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the winner of the wresting match get?
(a) To build a house for Lotus Blossom.
(b) To have Lotus Blossom as a Geisha.
(c) A free plant.
(d) To haul sweet potatoes for Lotus Blossom.
2. Why does Capt. McLean want to leave the meeting with Col. Purdy?
(a) He is needed at the stills.
(b) He needs to go to the teahouse.
(c) He needs to stop the villagers from over-watering his seedlings.
(d) He needs to transplant his seedlings.
3. When Fisby has been ordered to leave, what does Lotus Blossom want?
(a) She wants to marry Fisby.
(b) She wants to go to Tokyo.
(c) She wants to marry McLean.
(d) She wants to marry Sakini.
4. What does Fisby find in the corner of his office that he cups in his hands?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A cricket.
(c) A sparrow.
(d) A roach.
5. According to Sakini, how does fortune often come?
(a) Inside a fortune cookie.
(b) When we least expect it.
(c) In the back door while we look out the window.
(d) From the mouths of our mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the winner of the wrestling match?
2. What kind of liquor is Fisby going to serve Col. Purdy at the end of the play?
3. What does it mean when Fisby gives Lotus Blossom a chrysanthemum in full bloom?
4. How many cricket cages does Fisby own by the time he meets Capt. McLean?
5. What man from town would Lotus Blossom like to marry in the end?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)