|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does tsukemono mean?
(a) Tart thing.
(b) Fragrant things.
(c) Salty things.
(d) Sweet things.
2. What are some of Capt. McLean's favorite plants?
(a) Super Red Tomatoes and Carrot Root.
(b) Celery, Lettuce, and Snow Root Strawberries.
(c) Jolly Green Giant Peas and Idaho Potatoes.
(d) Cucumbers - Extra Early Green Prolific; Radishes - Crimson Giant; Tomatoes - Ponderosa Earliana; and Watermelon.
3. When Fisby and Sakini say goodbye, what does Sakini say to Fisby?
(a) "May your life be like an August Moon."
(b) "The cricket will give you good fortune."
(c) "You not failure."
(d) "You tried."
4. Why does Lotus Blossom put on a wresting match?
(a) It is Fisby's birthday.
(b) The celebrate the goods being sold at market.
(c) It is tradition.
(d) To celebrate the opening of the Teahouse.
5. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has invaded the island of Okinawa?
(a) Tsunami, typhoons, and rats
(b) Typhoons, locusts, cockroaches, and the sweet potato moth.
(c) Frogs, cicadas, and American Marines.
(d) Japanese pirates, and plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the teahouse?
2. Why did the potential buyers think the price was too high?
3. What will be the punishment for Fisby?
4. Who is thrown from the ring during the wrestling match?
5. What, according to Capt. McLean, do earthworms do?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)