Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in love with Lotus Blossom?
(d) Capt. McLean.
2. Why is the daughter going on the trip?
(a) To take care of the goats.
(b) To take care of her mother.
(c) To take care of her children.
(d) To visit her aunt.
3. What has Maj. McEvoy accomplished in his village?
(a) All new houses have been built.
(b) 4th-graders know the alphabet through "M" and the whole village can sing "God Bless America" in English.
(c) He has delivered fourteen lectures on democracy.
(d) A new schoolhouse has been built.
4. Where does the animal ride on the trip?
(a) He rides at the top with the old woman.
(b) On the hood with the children.
(c) He is on the back.
(d) He is tied with a rope to the jeep.
5. What did Fisby do before the war?
(a) He was a janitor at a college.
(b) He was a manager at a grocery store.
(c) He was a mechanic.
(d) He was a professor of Humanities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sakini explain to Fisby that the animal has no children?
2. Which villager speaks English other than Sakini?
3. On what island does the play take place?
4. When someone gives a cricket cage, what is not included?
5. Who helps Lotus Blossom to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the villagers hide things? What does this tell the audience about their history?
2. Why is the August moon special? Why is this important to know in this play?
3. What speech is Fisby going to give when he arrives in Tobiki? What does Sakini call the speech? Why? What does this tell the audience about the history of the island and its people?
4. What does Fisby tell Mclean about his personal happiness? When did he become happy? Why? What is happening to Fisby? How is he changing?
5. Why does Fisby prefer to wear a straw hat after he's been in the village for awhile? Does this indicate a change of heart in other ways too? What?
6. After the arrival of Col. Purdy and the smashing of all the stills and closing the teahouse, what does Sakini want to do? Why do you think Fisby does not want to go along with Sakini's plan?
7. Why is McLean upset about being sent away? How does he view what will happen to his plants?
8. Why do the judges declare Mr. Hokaida the winner of the wrestling match?
9. How does Fisby create industry? What is he trying to do for the villagers?
10. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what does Sakini tell us about the history of Okinawa? Who have they survived? Who has invaded them? Who's invading them now?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)