|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Oshira make?
(a) Cricket cages.
(b) Lacquered cups.
(d) School houses.
2. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
(a) She has on a seat belt.
(b) She has great balance.
(c) She is going to hold on tight.
(d) She is tied on.
3. When Fisby tries to give a lecture to the crowd, Sakini stops him and explains that the villagers want to do something first. What?
(a) Ask about the school.
(b) Talk to Fisby.
(c) Ask about America.
(d) Give Fisby gifts.
4. What transportation will the party be using to get to the village?
(a) A horse cart.
(b) A jeep.
(c) A bus.
(d) A car.
5. Why do the people of the village want to make Hokaida Chief of Police?
(a) He is the strongest man in the village.
(b) He is the tallest man in the village.
(c) He is a good wrestler and people are afraid of him.
(d) He owns his own gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Col. Purdy want to talk to Fisby about on the telephone?
2. What is one of the main points of democracy that Fisby tells the villagers?
3. How will Fisby see around the children on the hood of the car?
4. What is Fisby wearing when Col. Purdy calls him?
5. What specific questions does Col. Purdy have for Fisby when he phones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fisby say to the villagers after their failure selling their good? Why does he want them to be proud of their work? Why is their work different?
2. When Fisby gives Lotus Blossom a chrysanthemum in full bloom, what is he saying to her, according to her traditions? What misunderstanding do you think will come of this action?
3. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, Sakini notes that, "Prosperity giggle like silly girl. Things we do best...not wanted. Things we think least of...wanted most." What is he referring to? How did he create this thought process?
4. What is the subtitle of Plan B? What is funny about the title? Why?
5. What bothers Col. Purdy about the men dancing together at the officer's club? What does he decide to do to rectify the situation?
6. What is the symbol behind a chrysanthemum bud? Why does Lotus Blossom give this to Fisby? Why does this bother him?
7. What does Col. Purdy order Gregovich to do to the brandy stills? Why does he think this is the correct plan of action?
8. Describe the road to Tobiki. What does this tell the audience about how the journey will go?
9. What does Col. Purdy explain to Fisby about America's involvement in expansion? When does Purdy think America's troops will be gone from Okinawa? How does this affect his state-of-mind as far as responsibility goes?
10. What do the villagers want to build instead of a schoolhouse? What does this say about the values of the villagers? What does this say about Fisby?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)