|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
(a) Manual labor.
(c) Teaching school for entire area.
(d) A souvenir business.
2. Under what title should information be reported about children being born?
(a) "Population Increases."
(d) "Populations booms."
3. What does Miss Higa Jiga want Lotus Blossom to do for the League for Democratic Action?
(a) Teach them how to serve tea.
(b) Teach them how to play an instrument.
(c) Teach them to be Geisha.
(d) Teach them about democracy.
4. Who jumps on the back of the transportation just before they leave for the trip?
(a) An ancient man.
(c) Col. Purdy.
(d) Another animal.
5. What should Fisby wear when he goes in the sun?
(a) A helmet.
(c) A kasa or straw hat.
(d) He takes an umbrella.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Fisby does not take the person sitting on top of the bundles?
2. What is Fisby wearing when Col. Purdy calls him?
3. Where was Sakini born?
4. Who is the best carpenter in the village?
5. What do the people of the village want Fisby to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Col. Purdy promise his wife? What does this tell the audience about his marriage to Mrs. Purdy?
2. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, McLean declines saying he just ate something. What? What is important about what Capt. McLean just ate? How does this outline the conflict between McLean and Fisby?
3. What does Col. Purdy explain to Fisby about America's involvement in expansion? When does Purdy think America's troops will be gone from Okinawa? How does this affect his state-of-mind as far as responsibility goes?
4. What bothers Col. Purdy about the men dancing together at the officer's club? What does he decide to do to rectify the situation?
5. What does Fisby tell Mclean about his personal happiness? When did he become happy? Why? What is happening to Fisby? How is he changing?
6. What is the clue that Col. Purdy is not a very learned man?
7. When Col. Purdy arrives unannounced in Tobiki, why does Fisby cover his legs? What do you think goes through Fisby's mind at that moment?
8. What speech is Fisby going to give when he arrives in Tobiki? What does Sakini call the speech? Why? What does this tell the audience about the history of the island and its people?
9. What does Miss Higa Jiga threaten to do if Fisby does not agree with her request? Why is this important? What does this do to the story?
10. Why is McLean upset about being sent away? How does he view what will happen to his plants?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)