|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Maj. McEvoy accomplished in his village?
(a) 4th-graders know the alphabet through "M" and the whole village can sing "God Bless America" in English.
(b) He has delivered fourteen lectures on democracy.
(c) A new schoolhouse has been built.
(d) All new houses have been built.
2. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
(a) The emperor.
(c) The village mayor.
(d) The Colonel.
3. What noise can be heard as Fisby tries to hear who is calling him?
(b) Lotus Blossom talking.
(c) Hammering and sawing.
(d) Buzzing electricity.
4. Who is the best carpenter in the village?
(a) Mr. Seiko.
(b) Mr. Hokaida.
(c) Miss Higa Jiga.
(d) Mr. Sumata.
5. What happened when Fisby was given a job licking envelopes?
(a) He cut his tongue.
(b) He threw up from the taste.
(c) He developed an allergy.
(d) He was quite successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Higa Jiga say is happening in the village?
2. Who helps Lotus Blossom to move?
3. Where does the animal ride on the trip?
4. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
5. How does Sakini get Fisby to let Lotus Blossom teach the other women in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fisby say to the villagers after their failure selling their good? Why does he want them to be proud of their work? Why is their work different?
2. Why do the villagers hide things? What does this tell the audience about their history?
3. McLean goes into great detail about worms? What did you learn about worms from his descriptions? Why does this concern Col. Purdy?
4. What does Fisby offer Capt. McLean upon his arrival? Why is this important?
5. Why is it funny when McLean describes that his "Japanese beetles are eating up my Chinese peas?" Is there a bigger significance to this than the plant names? Is there irony in this comment?
6. What does the old woman sitting on top of the jeep foreshadow? What clue does this character give to the general plot of the play?
7. Why do the American soldiers not buy any goods from the villagers? What do you think the soldiers mean by the word "hayseed?"
8. How does Sakini explain what a Geisha does? Does this information change Fisby's mind?
9. What is the subtitle of Plan B? What is funny about the title? Why?
10. What is the clue that Col. Purdy is not a very learned man?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)