|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the play, what does Sakini wish that the August Moon brings to the audience?
(a) A gentle sleep.
(b) A good fortune.
(c) A happy life.
2. What does Fisby say about Col. Purdy's mother?
(a) That she could see anything that goes on in the teahouse.
(b) The he should call his mother and get her thoughts on the teahouse.
(c) That she would disapprove of anything that goes on in the teahouse.
(d) That she will be disappointed if he doesn't make General.
3. Who is the winner of the wrestling match?
(b) Mr. Hokaida.
(c) The Mayor
4. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the stills?
(a) Inspect them.
(b) Learn how to use them.
(c) Dismantle them and take them back.
(d) Destroy them all.
5. What does tsukemono mean?
(a) Salty things.
(b) Sweet things.
(c) Tart thing.
(d) Fragrant things.
6. How is the group flying over to look at the village going to document the trip?
(a) They are bringing photographers from a magazine.
(b) They are bringing journalists to record interviews.
(c) They have a movie crew with them.
(d) They are bringing their own cameras.
7. What is the Haitian word for sweet potato?
(c) Ba bay.
8. What are the men wading in next to where they are building the teahouse?
(a) A stream.
(b) The lake.
(c) The lotus pond.
(d) The ocean.
9. What will be the name of the street the teahouse sits on?
(a) Fisby Road.
(b) Sakini Lane.
(c) McLean Street.
(d) Grace Purdy Avenue.
10. Why does Capt. McLean want to leave the meeting with Col. Purdy?
(a) He needs to go to the teahouse.
(b) He is needed at the stills.
(c) He needs to stop the villagers from over-watering his seedlings.
(d) He needs to transplant his seedlings.
11. Why does Fisby not think it would be a good idea for Lotus Blossom to go to America?
(a) She would not be able to get a job.
(b) She does not know anybody.
(c) She would be considered "different."
(d) She does not have any education.
12. What has Capt. McLean subscribed to for years?
(a) American Journal.
(b) The Farmer's Almanac.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) All the farm journals.
13. Why are all the villagers returning at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4 with all of their bundles?
(a) They sold their goods and bought new items for their homes.
(b) The American soldiers would not buy their goods.
(c) The trail to the army base was washed out.
(d) The cart broke a wheel on the way and they could not get through.
14. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
(a) She is going to make up a song about him to sing in the teahouse.
(b) She is going to write to him in America.
(c) She is going to paint his picture.
(d) She wants to take a picture with him.
15. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
(a) They sting children.
(b) They are important for pollination.
(c) They sing a beautiful song.
(d) They make honey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fisby going to call his new liquor company?
2. What song do Fisby and Capt. McLean sing after the wrestling match?
3. What name is the money earned from the sale of liquor kept under?
4. What are the kimonos made from?
5. What man from town would Lotus Blossom like to marry in the end?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)