|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the teahouse?
(a) Rip is down.
(b) Close it.
(c) Move it.
(d) Cover it.
2. What does Fisby ask the villagers to do as they sing after the wrestling match?
3. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
(a) The Japanese beetles.
(b) The sea beetles.
(c) The Chinese beetles.
(d) The Asian beetles.
4. How is the group flying over to look at the village going to document the trip?
(a) They are bringing photographers from a magazine.
(b) They are bringing journalists to record interviews.
(c) They have a movie crew with them.
(d) They are bringing their own cameras.
5. What is the cloth that the white suits are made from?
(c) Target cloth.
(d) Tea cloth.
6. What are the men wading in next to where they are building the teahouse?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A stream.
(c) The lotus pond.
(d) The lake.
7. What will be the name of the street the teahouse sits on?
(a) Sakini Lane.
(b) McLean Street.
(c) Fisby Road.
(d) Grace Purdy Avenue.
8. What did the potential buyers think of the straw hats?
(a) They thought it would make them look like "hayseed."
(b) They wanted the hats to be in different colors.
(c) They thought it would make them look like country singers.
(d) They wanted a bandana around the hats for color.
9. What is the villagers' liquor made from?
(d) Sweet potatoes.
10. Why are all the villagers returning at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4 with all of their bundles?
(a) The American soldiers would not buy their goods.
(b) The cart broke a wheel on the way and they could not get through.
(c) They sold their goods and bought new items for their homes.
(d) The trail to the army base was washed out.
11. What man from town would Lotus Blossom like to marry in the end?
12. What, according to Capt. McLean, do earthworms do?
(a) They "eat your plants."
(b) They are "food for animals in your garden."
(c) They "aereate your soil."
(d) They "feed your plants."
13. What song do Fisby and Capt. McLean sing after the wrestling match?
(a) "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall".
(b) "Sunnyside of the Street".
(c) "Deep in the Heart of Texas".
(d) "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain".
14. What do the townspeople want to buy with the money they make from selling liquor?
(a) Another Geisha.
(b) More stills.
(c) More lumber.
(d) White coats.
15. When Lotus Blossom asks Fisby if she can marry someone else, what does he tell her?
(a) That he will think about it.
(b) That she must ask her father.
(c) That it is her decision.
(d) That she must ask the Geisha guild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Col. Purdy think of the Co-Op?
2. What does Sakini want to do when he realizes that Fisby is leaving?
3. When Col. Purdy tells Capt. McLean that he will be leaving, how does Capt. McLean describe what will happen to his plant?
4. What does Fisby say about the villagers' work?
5. What is Fisby wearing when he meets Capt. McLean?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)