|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the special liquor taste tester?
(b) Elsa Maxwell.
(c) Lady Astor.
(d) Fisby and McLean.
2. What song do Fisby and Capt. McLean sing after the wrestling match?
(a) "Sunnyside of the Street".
(b) "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall".
(c) "Deep in the Heart of Texas".
(d) "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain".
3. Why did the potential buyers think the price was too high?
(a) They are comparing prices with European goods.
(b) They are comparing prices with manufactured goods.
(c) Americans can buy goods in a five and ten cent store and wouldn't pay more than a nickel.
(d) They are comparing the prices with prices on the base.
4. When Gregovich goes out in the village to destroy all the stills, how does he return?
(a) He returns after dark because he watched the sun set in the grove with the others.
(b) He returns drunk.
(c) He returns angry.
(d) He gets lost and does not return until the next day.
5. How many lectures has Fisby given to the village children on Democratic Theory?
6. What does Lotus Blossom believe happens in American factories?
(a) The workers are treated poorly.
(b) The unions run the mills and the workers are treated well.
(c) The machines make goods 10 times faster than hand-made.
(d) People sit around and drink tea while machines make goods.
7. What does Sakini want to do when he realizes that Fisby is leaving?
(a) He wants to go with him.
(b) He wants to go back to work with Col. Purdy.
(c) He wants to stay in his village.
(d) He wants to plant crops with McLean.
8. What is the name of the teahouse?
(a) Moon Teahouse.
(b) Lotus Blossom Teahouse.
(c) Teahouse of the August Moon.
(d) Tobiki Teahouse.
9. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
(a) They sting children.
(b) They make honey.
(c) They are important for pollination.
(d) They sing a beautiful song.
10. What is the significance of one of the contestant's black shorts during the wresting match?
(a) Black mean death.
(b) Nothing. Just easy to keep clean.
(c) Black is the symbol of the moon.
(d) Black is Lotus Blossom's favorite color.
11. What has Capt. McLean done for years every spring?
(a) Put money in savings for a farm.
(b) Made lists of seeds he would like to plant.
(c) Seeded his lawn.
(d) Plowed and planted a garden.
12. What kind of liquor is Fisby going to serve Col. Purdy at the end of the play?
(a) Plum wine.
(b) Rice wine
(c) 20 Star Brandy.
(d) Apple wine.
13. What is the villagers' liquor made from?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
14. Why, according to Fisby, must he build a teahouse?
(a) The villagers want it.
(b) Lotus Blossom wants it.
(c) He has a Geisha.
(d) He has cricket cages.
15. How many castings do earthworms leave behind?
(a) Two times their own weight every day.
(b) Two times their own weight every week.
(c) Eight times their own weight every day.
(d) They don't leave behind castings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the teahouse?
2. How is the group flying over to look at the village going to document the trip?
3. When Fisby and Sakini say goodbye, what does Sakini say to Fisby?
4. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has invaded the island of Okinawa?
5. What is Capt. McLean's retirement plan?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)