|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lotus Blossom asks Fisby if she can marry someone else, what does he tell her?
(a) That she must ask her father.
(b) That she must ask the Geisha guild.
(c) That he will think about it.
(d) That it is her decision.
2. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
(a) She is going to write to him in America.
(b) She wants to take a picture with him.
(c) She is going to paint his picture.
(d) She is going to make up a song about him to sing in the teahouse.
3. What has Capt. McLean done for years every spring?
(a) Plowed and planted a garden.
(b) Put money in savings for a farm.
(c) Seeded his lawn.
(d) Made lists of seeds he would like to plant.
4. What will be the name of the street the teahouse sits on?
(a) McLean Street.
(b) Sakini Lane.
(c) Fisby Road.
(d) Grace Purdy Avenue.
5. What is the cloth that the white suits are made from?
(b) Target cloth.
(d) Tea cloth.
6. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the stills?
(a) Learn how to use them.
(b) Dismantle them and take them back.
(c) Inspect them.
(d) Destroy them all.
7. For what special occasions is the liquor made?
(a) End-of-war dances.
(b) Spring dances.
(c) Weddings and funerals.
(d) Teahouse celebrations.
8. How do Fisby and Capt. McLean taste test the liquor?
(a) They drink it.
(b) They give it to Sakini.
(c) They watch the villagers drink it first.
(d) They give it to a goat.
9. How old is the liquor?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) About a week.
(d) Fifty years.
10. What does Lotus Blossom believe happens in American factories?
(a) People sit around and drink tea while machines make goods.
(b) The workers are treated poorly.
(c) The unions run the mills and the workers are treated well.
(d) The machines make goods 10 times faster than hand-made.
11. How many cricket cages does Fisby own by the time he meets Capt. McLean?
(b) A dozen.
12. What does Sakini want to do when he realizes that Fisby is leaving?
(a) He wants to plant crops with McLean.
(b) He wants to go back to work with Col. Purdy.
(c) He wants to stay in his village.
(d) He wants to go with him.
13. How many castings do earthworms leave behind?
(a) They don't leave behind castings.
(b) Two times their own weight every week.
(c) Eight times their own weight every day.
(d) Two times their own weight every day.
14. What did Col. Purdy promise his wife?
(a) That he would come out of the army a General.
(b) That he would retire this year.
(c) That he will build her a house after retirement.
(d) That he would be home by July.
15. What is Capt. McLean's lie to Fisby about why he is visiting the village?
(a) He says he wants to see a teahouse built.
(b) He's always wanted to see the jungle.
(c) He's always wanted to see the beach.
(d) He claims to be on leave and wants to make some ethnological studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Col. Purdy tells Capt. McLean that he will be leaving, how does Capt. McLean describe what will happen to his plant?
2. What does Capt. McLean say chemicals on plants will do?
3. Who is the winner of the wrestling match?
4. What are some of Capt. McLean's favorite plants?
5. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has the island of Okinawa survived?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)