|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, according to Fisby, must he build a teahouse?
(a) The villagers want it.
(b) Lotus Blossom wants it.
(c) He has a Geisha.
(d) He has cricket cages.
2. What did Lotus Blossom need a teahouse for?
(a) For a place to teach the ladies how to become Geisha.
(b) For a place to live.
(c) For a place to teach dance.
(d) For a place to drink tea.
3. What do all the villagers do when Col. Purdy enters after the wrestling match?
(a) They yell at him.
(b) They all run away.
(c) They block him.
(d) They continue singing.
4. Fisby tells Capt. McLean that he feels free. When does he say this feeling started?
(a) The minute he decided not to build the schoolhouse.
(b) The minute he accepted Lotus Blossom for who she is.
(c) The minute he arrived in town.
(d) The minute he left the army.
5. What does Lotus Blossom believe happens in American factories?
(a) The unions run the mills and the workers are treated well.
(b) The machines make goods 10 times faster than hand-made.
(c) The workers are treated poorly.
(d) People sit around and drink tea while machines make goods.
6. What does Gregovich really destroy?
(a) Water barrels.
(d) Large pots.
7. How old is the liquor?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) About a week.
(d) Five years.
8. What is Capt. McLean's retirement plan?
(a) To buy a home on the beach.
(b) To retire to Hawaii.
(c) To buy a ranch home and mow the lawn.
(d) To buy a farm and raise specialty crops for big restaurants.
9. What is the villagers' liquor made from?
(d) Sweet potatoes.
10. What does it mean for Fisby to cover his face with the fan when he starts the wrestling match?
(a) That he is blind to the loser.
(b) That he is not taking sides.
(c) That it is too hot to hold the fight.
(d) That he is not to speak during the fight.
11. What did Col. Purdy promise his wife?
(a) That he would be home by July.
(b) That he would come out of the army a General.
(c) That he will build her a house after retirement.
(d) That he would retire this year.
12. What, according to Capt. McLean, do earthworms do?
(a) They are "food for animals in your garden."
(b) They "feed your plants."
(c) They "aereate your soil."
(d) They "eat your plants."
13. What is the name of the teahouse?
(a) Moon Teahouse.
(b) Lotus Blossom Teahouse.
(c) Tobiki Teahouse.
(d) Teahouse of the August Moon.
14. How is the group flying over to look at the village going to document the trip?
(a) They are bringing journalists to record interviews.
(b) They have a movie crew with them.
(c) They are bringing their own cameras.
(d) They are bringing photographers from a magazine.
15. When Col. Purdy enters during the song after the wrestling match, what does Fisby do about his legs?
(a) He tries to cover them.
(b) He stares down at them.
(c) He jumps in a chair to hide them.
(d) He puts on his pants to cover them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fisby and Sakini say goodbye, what does Sakini say to Fisby?
2. What does Col. Purdy think of American air and wind?
3. What kind of liquor is Fisby going to serve Col. Purdy at the end of the play?
4. What do the townspeople want to buy with the money they make from selling liquor?
5. What does tsukemono mean?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)