|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers get drunk on?
(b) Plum wine.
(c) Rice wine.
(d) Apple wine.
2. What is the significance of one of the contestant's black shorts during the wresting match?
(a) Black mean death.
(b) Black is Lotus Blossom's favorite color.
(c) Black is the symbol of the moon.
(d) Nothing. Just easy to keep clean.
3. What will be the name of the street the teahouse sits on?
(a) Sakini Lane.
(b) Fisby Road.
(c) McLean Street.
(d) Grace Purdy Avenue.
4. Who is wresting?
(a) Seiko and Sakini.
(b) The Mayor and Mr. Oshira.
(c) The Chief of Agriculture and the Chief of Police.
(d) McLean and Seiko.
5. What does Lotus Blossom believe happens in American factories?
(a) The machines make goods 10 times faster than hand-made.
(b) The unions run the mills and the workers are treated well.
(c) People sit around and drink tea while machines make goods.
(d) The workers are treated poorly.
6. What has Capt. McLean subscribed to for years?
(a) American Journal.
(b) The Farmer's Almanac.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) All the farm journals.
7. What does Col. Purdy want to see once he arrives in the village?
(a) The Progress Reports.
(b) The offices.
(c) The teahouse.
(d) The school.
8. What really happened to the teahouse at the end of the play?
(a) Fisby hid it.
(b) The villagers destroyed it themselves.
(c) The villagers hid it.
(d) The villagers moved it to another village.
9. When Lotus Blossom asks Fisby if she can marry someone else, what does he tell her?
(a) That she must ask her father.
(b) That she must ask the Geisha guild.
(c) That he will think about it.
(d) That it is her decision.
10. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
(a) An apple.
(b) A chocolate bar.
(c) A piece of pie.
11. When Col. Purdy enters during the song after the wrestling match, what does Fisby do about his legs?
(a) He puts on his pants to cover them.
(b) He jumps in a chair to hide them.
(c) He tries to cover them.
(d) He stares down at them.
12. Where is the paperwork that Col. Purdy wants to see hiding?
(a) Under the cricket cages.
(b) Under Capt. Fisby's bed.
(c) There is no paperwork.
(d) Sakini is hiding the paperwork.
13. What is Fisby wearing when he meets Capt. McLean?
(a) Amy fatigues.
(b) A white coat.
(c) His blue bathrobe, his geta, and a straw hat.
(d) A silk kimono.
14. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
(a) They sing a beautiful song.
(b) They sting children.
(c) They are important for pollination.
(d) They make honey.
15. What are some of Capt. McLean's favorite plants?
(a) Super Red Tomatoes and Carrot Root.
(b) Jolly Green Giant Peas and Idaho Potatoes.
(c) Cucumbers - Extra Early Green Prolific; Radishes - Crimson Giant; Tomatoes - Ponderosa Earliana; and Watermelon.
(d) Celery, Lettuce, and Snow Root Strawberries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cricket cages does Fisby own by the time he meets Capt. McLean?
2. How old is the liquor?
3. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has invaded the island of Okinawa?
4. What does Sakini want to do when he realizes that Fisby is leaving?
5. Who is flying over to look at the village?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)