|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
(a) They make honey.
(b) They sing a beautiful song.
(c) They sting children.
(d) They are important for pollination.
2. What does Col. Purdy think of the Co-Op?
(a) He thinks it's Socialism.
(b) He thinks it's terrible.
(c) He thinks it's brilliant.
(d) He thinks it's Communism.
3. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has the island of Okinawa survived?
(a) Chinese pirates, Japanese warlords, English missionaries, and American Marines.
(b) Earthquakes and tsunami.
(c) Gypsy moth, frog, and cicada invasion.
(d) French and American missionaries and American Marines.
4. What does it mean when Fisby gives Lotus Blossom a chrysanthemum in full bloom?
(a) That he gives her his heart.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he is captivated by her.
(d) That he thinks she is beautiful.
5. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
(a) A chocolate bar.
(c) A piece of pie.
(d) An apple.
6. Who is flying over to look at the village?
(a) The President.
(b) Some Senators.
(c) A Congressional Committee.
(d) The General.
7. Who is thrown from the ring during the wrestling match?
(b) Mr. Hokaida.
(c) Mr. Oshira.
8. What name is the money earned from the sale of liquor kept under?
(a) Tobiki Distillery.
(b) Tobiki Co-Operative.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Tobiki Brandy.
9. What are the kimonos made from?
(a) Target cloth.
(b) Cloth made in the village.
(d) Parachute silk.
10. What colors are the poles wrapped in during the wresting match?
(a) Black, white and blue.
(b) Purple and green.
(c) Red, white and blue.
(d) Black, green, red and white.
11. What does Sakini want to do when he realizes that Fisby is leaving?
(a) He wants to go back to work with Col. Purdy.
(b) He wants to plant crops with McLean.
(c) He wants to stay in his village.
(d) He wants to go with him.
12. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the stills?
(a) Inspect them.
(b) Dismantle them and take them back.
(c) Destroy them all.
(d) Learn how to use them.
13. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has invaded the island of Okinawa?
(a) Typhoons, locusts, cockroaches, and the sweet potato moth.
(b) Japanese pirates, and plague.
(c) Frogs, cicadas, and American Marines.
(d) Tsunami, typhoons, and rats
14. Why are all the villagers returning at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4 with all of their bundles?
(a) They sold their goods and bought new items for their homes.
(b) The trail to the army base was washed out.
(c) The cart broke a wheel on the way and they could not get through.
(d) The American soldiers would not buy their goods.
15. What are the men wading in next to where they are building the teahouse?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The lotus pond.
(c) The lake.
(d) A stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lotus Blossom asks Fisby if she can marry someone else, what does he tell her?
2. What do the townspeople want to buy with the money they make from selling liquor?
3. What does Fisby call the teahouse?
4. What is the significance of one of the contestant's black shorts during the wresting match?
5. Whom does Fisby call first to try to sell the liquor?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)