|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did one of the contestant's get his shirt for the wrestling match?
(a) From a sailor at the Naval Base.
(b) He made it himself.
(c) From the parachute silk.
(d) From the target sheets.
2. What does Fisby find in the corner of his office that he cups in his hands?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A roach.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A sparrow.
3. How is the group flying over to look at the village going to document the trip?
(a) They have a movie crew with them.
(b) They are bringing journalists to record interviews.
(c) They are bringing their own cameras.
(d) They are bringing photographers from a magazine.
4. What is Capt. McLean's retirement plan?
(a) To buy a farm and raise specialty crops for big restaurants.
(b) To retire to Hawaii.
(c) To buy a home on the beach.
(d) To buy a ranch home and mow the lawn.
5. What are the kimonos made from?
(a) Parachute silk.
(b) Cloth made in the village.
(c) Target cloth.
6. When Fisby has been ordered to leave, what does Lotus Blossom want?
(a) She wants to go to Tokyo.
(b) She wants to marry Sakini.
(c) She wants to marry McLean.
(d) She wants to marry Fisby.
7. When Gregovich goes out in the village to destroy all the stills, how does he return?
(a) He gets lost and does not return until the next day.
(b) He returns after dark because he watched the sun set in the grove with the others.
(c) He returns drunk.
(d) He returns angry.
8. What did Col. Purdy promise his wife?
(a) That he would come out of the army a General.
(b) That he would retire this year.
(c) That he will build her a house after retirement.
(d) That he would be home by July.
9. What is the villagers' liquor made from?
(c) Sweet potatoes.
10. What did some "fool Senator" do back in Washington?
(a) He is using the village as an example of the decadence of Okinawan life.
(b) He seized the village's bank account.
(c) He is using the village as an example of Okinawan thought and success.
(d) He is using the village as an example of American "Get-up-and-go."
11. What will be the name of the street the teahouse sits on?
(a) Fisby Road.
(b) Sakini Lane.
(c) Grace Purdy Avenue.
(d) McLean Street.
12. How many cricket cages does Fisby own by the time he meets Capt. McLean?
(a) A dozen.
13. How many lectures has Fisby given to the village children on Democratic Theory?
14. When Col. Purdy enters during the song after the wrestling match, what does Fisby do about his legs?
(a) He puts on his pants to cover them.
(b) He tries to cover them.
(c) He jumps in a chair to hide them.
(d) He stares down at them.
15. Who is wresting?
(a) The Chief of Agriculture and the Chief of Police.
(b) McLean and Seiko.
(c) Seiko and Sakini.
(d) The Mayor and Mr. Oshira.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fisby call the teahouse?
2. What kind of liquor is Fisby going to serve Col. Purdy at the end of the play?
3. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
4. What, according to Capt. McLean, do earthworms do?
5. What colors are the poles wrapped in during the wresting match?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)