|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Col. Purdy enters during the song after the wrestling match, what does Fisby do about his legs?
(a) He tries to cover them.
(b) He stares down at them.
(c) He puts on his pants to cover them.
(d) He jumps in a chair to hide them.
2. What are the men wading in next to where they are building the teahouse?
(a) The lake.
(b) The lotus pond.
(c) A stream.
(d) The ocean.
3. What are the kimonos made from?
(a) Parachute silk.
(c) Target cloth.
(d) Cloth made in the village.
4. What is Capt. McLean's lie to Fisby about why he is visiting the village?
(a) He claims to be on leave and wants to make some ethnological studies.
(b) He's always wanted to see the jungle.
(c) He's always wanted to see the beach.
(d) He says he wants to see a teahouse built.
5. What did some "fool Senator" do back in Washington?
(a) He is using the village as an example of the decadence of Okinawan life.
(b) He is using the village as an example of Okinawan thought and success.
(c) He is using the village as an example of American "Get-up-and-go."
(d) He seized the village's bank account.
6. Where is the money earned from the sale of liquor?
(a) In New York.
(b) Banked in Seattle.
(c) In Tokyo.
(d) Under the teahouse.
7. Who is the winner of the wrestling match?
(b) The Mayor
(d) Mr. Hokaida.
8. For what special occasions is the liquor made?
(a) Weddings and funerals.
(b) End-of-war dances.
(c) Teahouse celebrations.
(d) Spring dances.
9. What does the winner of the wresting match get?
(a) To haul sweet potatoes for Lotus Blossom.
(b) To have Lotus Blossom as a Geisha.
(c) A free plant.
(d) To build a house for Lotus Blossom.
10. What does Fisby ask the villagers to do as they sing after the wrestling match?
11. What does it mean when Fisby gives Lotus Blossom a chrysanthemum in full bloom?
(a) That he is captivated by her.
(b) That he gives her his heart.
(c) That he thinks she is beautiful.
(d) That he loves her.
12. What does Col. Purdy think of the Co-Op?
(a) He thinks it's brilliant.
(b) He thinks it's Communism.
(c) He thinks it's Socialism.
(d) He thinks it's terrible.
13. What does Col. Purdy want to see once he arrives in the village?
(a) The offices.
(b) The teahouse.
(c) The Progress Reports.
(d) The school.
14. At the end of the play, what does Sakini wish that the August Moon brings to the audience?
(a) A happy life.
(b) A good fortune.
(d) A gentle sleep.
15. What does Gregovich really destroy?
(c) Water barrels.
(d) Large pots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is flying over to look at the village?
2. What has Capt. McLean done for years every spring?
3. What did the potential buyers think of the straw hats?
4. When Fisby has been ordered to leave, what does Lotus Blossom want?
5. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)