|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Fisby and Capt. McLean taste test the liquor?
(a) They give it to Sakini.
(b) They watch the villagers drink it first.
(c) They drink it.
(d) They give it to a goat.
2. What does it mean when Fisby gives Lotus Blossom a chrysanthemum in full bloom?
(a) That he is captivated by her.
(b) That he gives her his heart.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he thinks she is beautiful.
3. What name is the money earned from the sale of liquor kept under?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Tobiki Brandy.
(c) Tobiki Distillery.
(d) Tobiki Co-Operative.
4. What are the kimonos made from?
(a) Target cloth.
(b) Parachute silk.
(c) Cloth made in the village.
5. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
(a) An apple.
(c) A piece of pie.
(d) A chocolate bar.
6. What do they call the liquor that was made 10 days ago?
(a) Blue Ribbon Brandy.
(b) Happy Brandy.
(c) Special Brandy.
(d) 10 star Brandy.
7. Where did one of the contestant's get his shirt for the wrestling match?
(a) From a sailor at the Naval Base.
(b) He made it himself.
(c) From the parachute silk.
(d) From the target sheets.
8. When Col. Purdy tells Capt. McLean that he will be leaving, how does Capt. McLean describe what will happen to his plant?
(a) They will be murdered.
(b) They will all dry up.
(c) They will outgrow their area.
(d) They will rot.
9. When Lotus Blossom asks Fisby if she can marry someone else, what does he tell her?
(a) That she must ask the Geisha guild.
(b) That he will think about it.
(c) That it is her decision.
(d) That she must ask her father.
10. What does it mean for Fisby to cover his face with the fan when he starts the wrestling match?
(a) That he is blind to the loser.
(b) That it is too hot to hold the fight.
(c) That he is not taking sides.
(d) That he is not to speak during the fight.
11. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has the island of Okinawa survived?
(a) Earthquakes and tsunami.
(b) Gypsy moth, frog, and cicada invasion.
(c) French and American missionaries and American Marines.
(d) Chinese pirates, Japanese warlords, English missionaries, and American Marines.
12. Where does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to pile the lumber?
(a) In the grove.
(b) By the pond.
(c) By the warehouse.
(d) By the houses.
13. How many castings do earthworms leave behind?
(a) Two times their own weight every week.
(b) Eight times their own weight every day.
(c) They don't leave behind castings.
(d) Two times their own weight every day.
14. What did Lotus Blossom need a teahouse for?
(a) For a place to teach dance.
(b) For a place to live.
(c) For a place to drink tea.
(d) For a place to teach the ladies how to become Geisha.
15. When Gregovich goes out in the village to destroy all the stills, how does he return?
(a) He gets lost and does not return until the next day.
(b) He returns drunk.
(c) He returns after dark because he watched the sun set in the grove with the others.
(d) He returns angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the winner of the wrestling match?
2. What is Capt. McLean's lie to Fisby about why he is visiting the village?
3. What did the potential buyers think of the straw hats?
4. Who is flying over to look at the village?
5. What is Capt. McLean studying when Fisby enters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)