|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is flying over to look at the village?
(a) Some Senators.
(b) The President.
(c) The General.
(d) A Congressional Committee.
2. What does tsukemono mean?
(a) Salty things.
(b) Tart thing.
(c) Sweet things.
(d) Fragrant things.
3. What is Capt. McLean's lie to Fisby about why he is visiting the village?
(a) He's always wanted to see the beach.
(b) He says he wants to see a teahouse built.
(c) He claims to be on leave and wants to make some ethnological studies.
(d) He's always wanted to see the jungle.
4. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
(a) They make honey.
(b) They sting children.
(c) They are important for pollination.
(d) They sing a beautiful song.
5. How many cricket cages does Fisby own by the time he meets Capt. McLean?
(c) A dozen.
6. Who is thrown from the ring during the wrestling match?
(b) Mr. Oshira.
(c) Mr. Hokaida.
7. What will be the punishment for Fisby?
(a) $5000.00 fine.
(c) Discharge from the army.
(d) He will be jailed.
8. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has the island of Okinawa survived?
(a) Chinese pirates, Japanese warlords, English missionaries, and American Marines.
(b) French and American missionaries and American Marines.
(c) Earthquakes and tsunami.
(d) Gypsy moth, frog, and cicada invasion.
9. Where does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to pile the lumber?
(a) By the warehouse.
(b) By the houses.
(c) In the grove.
(d) By the pond.
10. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
(a) She is going to make up a song about him to sing in the teahouse.
(b) She wants to take a picture with him.
(c) She is going to write to him in America.
(d) She is going to paint his picture.
11. How do Fisby and Capt. McLean taste test the liquor?
(a) They drink it.
(b) They watch the villagers drink it first.
(c) They give it to Sakini.
(d) They give it to a goat.
12. What does Fisby find in the corner of his office that he cups in his hands?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A sparrow.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A roach.
13. What is the villagers' liquor made from?
(b) Sweet potatoes.
14. What does it mean for Fisby to cover his face with the fan when he starts the wrestling match?
(a) That he is blind to the loser.
(b) That it is too hot to hold the fight.
(c) That he is not to speak during the fight.
(d) That he is not taking sides.
15. What, according to Capt. McLean, do earthworms do?
(a) They "eat your plants."
(b) They "feed your plants."
(c) They are "food for animals in your garden."
(d) They "aereate your soil."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gregovich goes out in the village to destroy all the stills, how does he return?
2. What did Lotus Blossom need a teahouse for?
3. What did some "fool Senator" do back in Washington?
4. What really happened to the teahouse at the end of the play?
5. What did the potential buyers think of the straw hats?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)