|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
(a) A chocolate bar.
(b) A piece of pie.
(d) An apple.
2. What is the cloth that the white suits are made from?
(a) Tea cloth.
(d) Target cloth.
3. What does Col. Purdy think of American air and wind?
(a) The air is cool and the wind is mild.
(b) The air is light and the wind is breezy.
(c) The air is fresh and the wind is clean.
(d) The air is clean and the wind is fresh.
4. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
(a) The Chinese beetles.
(b) The sea beetles.
(c) The Japanese beetles.
(d) The Asian beetles.
5. At the end of the play, what does Sakini wish that the August Moon brings to the audience?
(b) A happy life.
(c) A gentle sleep.
(d) A good fortune.
6. What man from town would Lotus Blossom like to marry in the end?
7. What song do Fisby and Capt. McLean sing after the wrestling match?
(a) "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain".
(b) "Sunnyside of the Street".
(c) "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall".
(d) "Deep in the Heart of Texas".
8. For what special occasions is the liquor made?
(a) Spring dances.
(b) Weddings and funerals.
(c) End-of-war dances.
(d) Teahouse celebrations.
9. Who is wresting?
(a) The Chief of Agriculture and the Chief of Police.
(b) Seiko and Sakini.
(c) The Mayor and Mr. Oshira.
(d) McLean and Seiko.
10. When Col. Purdy tells Capt. McLean that he will be leaving, how does Capt. McLean describe what will happen to his plant?
(a) They will all dry up.
(b) They will outgrow their area.
(c) They will be murdered.
(d) They will rot.
11. What do the villagers get drunk on?
(a) Rice wine.
(c) Plum wine.
(d) Apple wine.
12. Who is the winner of the wrestling match?
(b) The Mayor
(d) Mr. Hokaida.
13. Where did one of the contestant's get his shirt for the wrestling match?
(a) From the parachute silk.
(b) He made it himself.
(c) From a sailor at the Naval Base.
(d) From the target sheets.
14. What does Fisby say about the villagers' work?
(a) He tells them maybe they can do better work.
(b) He is sorry that their work isn't better.
(c) He tells them they should all be proud of their work.
(d) He says nothing about their work.
15. How is the group flying over to look at the village going to document the trip?
(a) They have a movie crew with them.
(b) They are bringing their own cameras.
(c) They are bringing photographers from a magazine.
(d) They are bringing journalists to record interviews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the teahouse?
2. What does Sakini want to do when he realizes that Fisby is leaving?
3. What are the kimonos made from?
4. What is the Haitian word for sweet potato?
5. What is Fisby wearing when he meets Capt. McLean?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)