|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople want to buy with the money they make from selling liquor?
(a) White coats.
(b) Another Geisha.
(c) More lumber.
(d) More stills.
2. What do they call the liquor that was made 10 days ago?
(a) Happy Brandy.
(b) 10 star Brandy.
(c) Special Brandy.
(d) Blue Ribbon Brandy.
3. Who is thrown from the ring during the wrestling match?
(b) Mr. Hokaida.
(c) Mr. Oshira.
4. What has Capt. McLean subscribed to for years?
(a) The Farmer's Almanac.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) American Journal.
(d) All the farm journals.
5. What does Fisby say about Col. Purdy's mother?
(a) That she would disapprove of anything that goes on in the teahouse.
(b) The he should call his mother and get her thoughts on the teahouse.
(c) That she will be disappointed if he doesn't make General.
(d) That she could see anything that goes on in the teahouse.
6. What did the potential buyers think of the straw hats?
(a) They thought it would make them look like "hayseed."
(b) They wanted the hats to be in different colors.
(c) They thought it would make them look like country singers.
(d) They wanted a bandana around the hats for color.
7. What does Col. Purdy want to see once he arrives in the village?
(a) The teahouse.
(b) The Progress Reports.
(c) The offices.
(d) The school.
8. What do all the villagers do when Col. Purdy enters after the wrestling match?
(a) They block him.
(b) They all run away.
(c) They continue singing.
(d) They yell at him.
9. What, according to Capt. McLean, do earthworms do?
(a) They are "food for animals in your garden."
(b) They "feed your plants."
(c) They "eat your plants."
(d) They "aereate your soil."
10. Where is the money earned from the sale of liquor?
(a) In Tokyo.
(b) Under the teahouse.
(c) In New York.
(d) Banked in Seattle.
11. Why did the potential buyers think the price was too high?
(a) Americans can buy goods in a five and ten cent store and wouldn't pay more than a nickel.
(b) They are comparing prices with manufactured goods.
(c) They are comparing prices with European goods.
(d) They are comparing the prices with prices on the base.
12. How many cricket cages does Fisby own by the time he meets Capt. McLean?
(d) A dozen.
13. When the teahouse is put back together, what is the last light to come on?
(a) The front light.
(b) The light over Lotus Blossom.
(c) The light for dancing.
(d) The light of the moon.
14. Who is wresting?
(a) The Mayor and Mr. Oshira.
(b) Seiko and Sakini.
(c) The Chief of Agriculture and the Chief of Police.
(d) McLean and Seiko.
15. What does the winner of the wresting match get?
(a) To build a house for Lotus Blossom.
(b) A free plant.
(c) To haul sweet potatoes for Lotus Blossom.
(d) To have Lotus Blossom as a Geisha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
2. What does Capt. McLean say chemicals on plants will do?
3. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
4. What does Lotus Blossom believe happens in American factories?
5. When Fisby and Sakini say goodbye, what does Sakini say to Fisby?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)