|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fisby going to call his new liquor company?
(a) Cooperative Brewing Company of Tobiki.
(b) Tobiki Brewery.
(c) Sakini Brewing Company.
(d) Okinawa Brewing Company.
2. What does Fisby say about Col. Purdy's mother?
(a) That she could see anything that goes on in the teahouse.
(b) That she would disapprove of anything that goes on in the teahouse.
(c) That she will be disappointed if he doesn't make General.
(d) The he should call his mother and get her thoughts on the teahouse.
3. What is the name of the teahouse?
(a) Moon Teahouse.
(b) Tobiki Teahouse.
(c) Lotus Blossom Teahouse.
(d) Teahouse of the August Moon.
4. What did some "fool Senator" do back in Washington?
(a) He is using the village as an example of American "Get-up-and-go."
(b) He seized the village's bank account.
(c) He is using the village as an example of the decadence of Okinawan life.
(d) He is using the village as an example of Okinawan thought and success.
5. What does Lotus Blossom believe happens in American factories?
(a) The unions run the mills and the workers are treated well.
(b) People sit around and drink tea while machines make goods.
(c) The machines make goods 10 times faster than hand-made.
(d) The workers are treated poorly.
6. What is the villagers' liquor made from?
(b) Sweet potatoes.
7. How old is the liquor?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) About a week.
(d) Fifty years.
8. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
(a) A piece of pie.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) An apple.
9. What did Lotus Blossom need a teahouse for?
(a) For a place to teach dance.
(b) For a place to drink tea.
(c) For a place to live.
(d) For a place to teach the ladies how to become Geisha.
10. For what special occasions is the liquor made?
(a) Spring dances.
(b) Teahouse celebrations.
(c) End-of-war dances.
(d) Weddings and funerals.
11. When Fisby and Sakini say goodbye, what does Sakini say to Fisby?
(a) "May your life be like an August Moon."
(b) "The cricket will give you good fortune."
(c) "You not failure."
(d) "You tried."
12. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
(a) They sting children.
(b) They are important for pollination.
(c) They make honey.
(d) They sing a beautiful song.
13. How many cricket cages does Fisby own by the time he meets Capt. McLean?
(a) A dozen.
14. What does Capt. McLean say chemicals on plants will do?
(a) They will kill the earthworms.
(b) They are good for the plants.
(c) They put nitrogen in the soil.
(d) They will kill the plants.
15. What will be the punishment for Fisby?
(a) He will be jailed.
(b) $5000.00 fine.
(d) Discharge from the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the paperwork that Col. Purdy wants to see hiding?
2. What does Fisby say about the villagers' work?
3. Who is the winner of the wrestling match?
4. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has the island of Okinawa survived?
5. Where does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to pile the lumber?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)