|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
(a) She is going to write to him in America.
(b) She is going to make up a song about him to sing in the teahouse.
(c) She is going to paint his picture.
(d) She wants to take a picture with him.
2. How many lectures has Fisby given to the village children on Democratic Theory?
3. What is Capt. McLean studying when Fisby enters at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The cricket cage.
(b) The building plans for the teahouse.
(c) Plan "B."
(d) Seed books.
4. When Gregovich goes out in the village to destroy all the stills, how does he return?
(a) He returns drunk.
(b) He returns after dark because he watched the sun set in the grove with the others.
(c) He gets lost and does not return until the next day.
(d) He returns angry.
5. What is the cloth that the white suits are made from?
(a) Tea cloth.
(b) Target cloth.
6. What does Fisby say about Col. Purdy's mother?
(a) The he should call his mother and get her thoughts on the teahouse.
(b) That she will be disappointed if he doesn't make General.
(c) That she could see anything that goes on in the teahouse.
(d) That she would disapprove of anything that goes on in the teahouse.
7. Who is flying over to look at the village?
(a) Some Senators.
(b) The General.
(c) The President.
(d) A Congressional Committee.
8. When Fisby and Sakini say goodbye, what does Sakini say to Fisby?
(a) "The cricket will give you good fortune."
(b) "May your life be like an August Moon."
(c) "You not failure."
(d) "You tried."
9. For what special occasions is the liquor made?
(a) Spring dances.
(b) Teahouse celebrations.
(c) End-of-war dances.
(d) Weddings and funerals.
10. How many castings do earthworms leave behind?
(a) Two times their own weight every day.
(b) Eight times their own weight every day.
(c) Two times their own weight every week.
(d) They don't leave behind castings.
11. Why did the potential buyers think the price was too high?
(a) They are comparing prices with manufactured goods.
(b) Americans can buy goods in a five and ten cent store and wouldn't pay more than a nickel.
(c) They are comparing prices with European goods.
(d) They are comparing the prices with prices on the base.
12. Why does Lotus Blossom put on a wresting match?
(a) To celebrate the opening of the Teahouse.
(b) The celebrate the goods being sold at market.
(c) It is tradition.
(d) It is Fisby's birthday.
13. Why does Fisby not think it would be a good idea for Lotus Blossom to go to America?
(a) She does not know anybody.
(b) She does not have any education.
(c) She would be considered "different."
(d) She would not be able to get a job.
14. What is Capt. McLean's retirement plan?
(a) To retire to Hawaii.
(b) To buy a ranch home and mow the lawn.
(c) To buy a home on the beach.
(d) To buy a farm and raise specialty crops for big restaurants.
15. What does the winner of the wresting match get?
(a) A free plant.
(b) To haul sweet potatoes for Lotus Blossom.
(c) To have Lotus Blossom as a Geisha.
(d) To build a house for Lotus Blossom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is the money earned from the sale of liquor kept under?
2. What is the Haitian word for sweet potato?
3. What do the townspeople want to buy with the money they make from selling liquor?
4. When Col. Purdy enters during the song after the wrestling match, what does Fisby do about his legs?
5. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)