|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fisby and Sakini say goodbye, what does Sakini say to Fisby?
(a) "The cricket will give you good fortune."
(b) "You not failure."
(c) "May your life be like an August Moon."
(d) "You tried."
2. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the stills?
(a) Dismantle them and take them back.
(b) Learn how to use them.
(c) Destroy them all.
(d) Inspect them.
3. What is Fisby going to call his new liquor company?
(a) Cooperative Brewing Company of Tobiki.
(b) Tobiki Brewery.
(c) Sakini Brewing Company.
(d) Okinawa Brewing Company.
4. Where does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to pile the lumber?
(a) In the grove.
(b) By the pond.
(c) By the warehouse.
(d) By the houses.
5. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
(a) She wants to take a picture with him.
(b) She is going to paint his picture.
(c) She is going to write to him in America.
(d) She is going to make up a song about him to sing in the teahouse.
6. What do the townspeople want to buy with the money they make from selling liquor?
(a) White coats.
(b) Another Geisha.
(c) More stills.
(d) More lumber.
7. Who is the winner of the wrestling match?
(b) Mr. Hokaida.
(c) The Mayor
8. What does tsukemono mean?
(a) Tart thing.
(b) Fragrant things.
(c) Salty things.
(d) Sweet things.
9. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
(a) The Chinese beetles.
(b) The Asian beetles.
(c) The Japanese beetles.
(d) The sea beetles.
10. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has the island of Okinawa survived?
(a) Gypsy moth, frog, and cicada invasion.
(b) Chinese pirates, Japanese warlords, English missionaries, and American Marines.
(c) Earthquakes and tsunami.
(d) French and American missionaries and American Marines.
11. When Col. Purdy enters during the song after the wrestling match, what does Fisby do about his legs?
(a) He jumps in a chair to hide them.
(b) He stares down at them.
(c) He tries to cover them.
(d) He puts on his pants to cover them.
12. According to Sakini at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2, what has invaded the island of Okinawa?
(a) Typhoons, locusts, cockroaches, and the sweet potato moth.
(b) Tsunami, typhoons, and rats
(c) Japanese pirates, and plague.
(d) Frogs, cicadas, and American Marines.
13. What does Gregovich really destroy?
(a) Water barrels.
(c) Large pots.
14. When Col. Purdy tells Capt. McLean that he will be leaving, how does Capt. McLean describe what will happen to his plant?
(a) They will rot.
(b) They will be murdered.
(c) They will outgrow their area.
(d) They will all dry up.
15. What do all the villagers do when Col. Purdy enters after the wrestling match?
(a) They all run away.
(b) They block him.
(c) They continue singing.
(d) They yell at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of Capt. McLean's favorite plants?
2. What name is the money earned from the sale of liquor kept under?
3. Who is thrown from the ring during the wrestling match?
4. What is Capt. McLean's retirement plan?
5. What does Capt. McLean say chemicals on plants will do?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)