|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fisby call the teahouse?
(a) Cho Yo.
(b) Cha Ya.
(c) The Moon.
(d) The Blossom.
2. Where did one of the contestant's get his shirt for the wrestling match?
(a) From the target sheets.
(b) From a sailor at the Naval Base.
(c) From the parachute silk.
(d) He made it himself.
3. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
(a) An apple.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) A piece of pie.
4. What is the significance of one of the contestant's black shorts during the wresting match?
(a) Black mean death.
(b) Black is the symbol of the moon.
(c) Black is Lotus Blossom's favorite color.
(d) Nothing. Just easy to keep clean.
5. What is Lotus Blossom going to do to remember Fisby?
(a) She wants to take a picture with him.
(b) She is going to write to him in America.
(c) She is going to make up a song about him to sing in the teahouse.
(d) She is going to paint his picture.
6. What does Fisby say about Col. Purdy's mother?
(a) That she could see anything that goes on in the teahouse.
(b) That she will be disappointed if he doesn't make General.
(c) That she would disapprove of anything that goes on in the teahouse.
(d) The he should call his mother and get her thoughts on the teahouse.
7. What is the name of the teahouse?
(a) Tobiki Teahouse.
(b) Lotus Blossom Teahouse.
(c) Teahouse of the August Moon.
(d) Moon Teahouse.
8. Who is wresting?
(a) Seiko and Sakini.
(b) The Chief of Agriculture and the Chief of Police.
(c) The Mayor and Mr. Oshira.
(d) McLean and Seiko.
9. For what special occasions is the liquor made?
(a) Spring dances.
(b) Teahouse celebrations.
(c) Weddings and funerals.
(d) End-of-war dances.
10. What do the townspeople want to buy with the money they make from selling liquor?
(a) White coats.
(b) More stills.
(c) Another Geisha.
(d) More lumber.
11. What is Fisby going to call his new liquor company?
(a) Cooperative Brewing Company of Tobiki.
(b) Tobiki Brewery.
(c) Sakini Brewing Company.
(d) Okinawa Brewing Company.
12. What does Col. Purdy think of the Co-Op?
(a) He thinks it's Communism.
(b) He thinks it's terrible.
(c) He thinks it's brilliant.
(d) He thinks it's Socialism.
13. When Fisby and Sakini say goodbye, what does Sakini say to Fisby?
(a) "May your life be like an August Moon."
(b) "The cricket will give you good fortune."
(c) "You tried."
(d) "You not failure."
14. What kind of liquor is Fisby going to serve Col. Purdy at the end of the play?
(a) Rice wine
(b) Apple wine.
(c) 20 Star Brandy.
(d) Plum wine.
15. What, according to Capt. McLean, do earthworms do?
(a) They "eat your plants."
(b) They "aereate your soil."
(c) They "feed your plants."
(d) They are "food for animals in your garden."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fisby say about the villagers' work?
2. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
3. Why does Fisby not think it would be a good idea for Lotus Blossom to go to America?
4. What really happened to the teahouse at the end of the play?
5. What did Col. Purdy promise his wife?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)