|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did one of the contestant's get his shirt for the wrestling match?
(a) From the parachute silk.
(b) He made it himself.
(c) From the target sheets.
(d) From a sailor at the Naval Base.
2. What name is the money earned from the sale of liquor kept under?
(a) Tobiki Brandy.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Tobiki Distillery.
(d) Tobiki Co-Operative.
3. Where does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to pile the lumber?
(a) By the houses.
(b) By the pond.
(c) By the warehouse.
(d) In the grove.
4. Why, according to Fisby, must he build a teahouse?
(a) The villagers want it.
(b) He has cricket cages.
(c) Lotus Blossom wants it.
(d) He has a Geisha.
5. When Fisby offers Capt. McLean tsukemomo, he refuses saying he just ate what?
(a) An apple.
(b) A piece of pie.
(c) A chocolate bar.
6. How many castings do earthworms leave behind?
(a) They don't leave behind castings.
(b) Eight times their own weight every day.
(c) Two times their own weight every day.
(d) Two times their own weight every week.
7. What is the name of the teahouse?
(a) Tobiki Teahouse.
(b) Lotus Blossom Teahouse.
(c) Teahouse of the August Moon.
(d) Moon Teahouse.
8. What does Col. Purdy want to see once he arrives in the village?
(a) The Progress Reports.
(b) The teahouse.
(c) The offices.
(d) The school.
9. Why are all the villagers returning at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4 with all of their bundles?
(a) They sold their goods and bought new items for their homes.
(b) The cart broke a wheel on the way and they could not get through.
(c) The trail to the army base was washed out.
(d) The American soldiers would not buy their goods.
10. What is Capt. McLean's lie to Fisby about why he is visiting the village?
(a) He claims to be on leave and wants to make some ethnological studies.
(b) He's always wanted to see the jungle.
(c) He's always wanted to see the beach.
(d) He says he wants to see a teahouse built.
11. What will be the punishment for Fisby?
(b) He will be jailed.
(c) $5000.00 fine.
(d) Discharge from the army.
12. How many lectures has Fisby given to the village children on Democratic Theory?
13. What is eating up the Chinese peas?
(a) The Asian beetles.
(b) The Japanese beetles.
(c) The Chinese beetles.
(d) The sea beetles.
14. What does the winner of the wresting match get?
(a) To haul sweet potatoes for Lotus Blossom.
(b) To have Lotus Blossom as a Geisha.
(c) A free plant.
(d) To build a house for Lotus Blossom.
15. What has Capt. McLean done for years every spring?
(a) Seeded his lawn.
(b) Plowed and planted a garden.
(c) Made lists of seeds he would like to plant.
(d) Put money in savings for a farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Capt. McLean say chemicals on plants will do?
2. What do the villagers get drunk on?
3. What does it mean when Fisby gives Lotus Blossom a chrysanthemum in full bloom?
4. When Col. Purdy enters during the song after the wrestling match, what does Fisby do about his legs?
5. What does Col. Purdy think of the Co-Op?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)