|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of one of the contestant's black shorts during the wresting match?
(a) Black is Lotus Blossom's favorite color.
(b) Nothing. Just easy to keep clean.
(c) Black mean death.
(d) Black is the symbol of the moon.
2. How many cricket cages does Fisby own by the time he meets Capt. McLean?
(b) A dozen.
3. What does Col. Purdy think of the Co-Op?
(a) He thinks it's brilliant.
(b) He thinks it's terrible.
(c) He thinks it's Communism.
(d) He thinks it's Socialism.
4. What does Sakini want to do when he realizes that Fisby is leaving?
(a) He wants to plant crops with McLean.
(b) He wants to go with him.
(c) He wants to stay in his village.
(d) He wants to go back to work with Col. Purdy.
5. Fisby tells Capt. McLean that he feels free. When does he say this feeling started?
(a) The minute he left the army.
(b) The minute he accepted Lotus Blossom for who she is.
(c) The minute he arrived in town.
(d) The minute he decided not to build the schoolhouse.
6. How old is the liquor?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) About a week.
(d) Five years.
7. What does Gregovich really destroy?
(a) Water barrels.
(c) Large pots.
8. What man from town would Lotus Blossom like to marry in the end?
9. Who is the winner of the wrestling match?
(b) The Mayor
(c) Mr. Hokaida.
10. When Col. Purdy tells Capt. McLean that he will be leaving, how does Capt. McLean describe what will happen to his plant?
(a) They will all dry up.
(b) They will rot.
(c) They will outgrow their area.
(d) They will be murdered.
11. What do they call the liquor that was made 10 days ago?
(a) Blue Ribbon Brandy.
(b) Happy Brandy.
(c) Special Brandy.
(d) 10 star Brandy.
12. What, according to Capt. McLean, do bees do?
(a) They make honey.
(b) They sing a beautiful song.
(c) They are important for pollination.
(d) They sting children.
13. Who is flying over to look at the village?
(a) Some Senators.
(b) The General.
(c) The President.
(d) A Congressional Committee.
14. What do all the villagers do when Col. Purdy enters after the wrestling match?
(a) They yell at him.
(b) They continue singing.
(c) They all run away.
(d) They block him.
15. For what special occasions is the liquor made?
(a) Weddings and funerals.
(b) Spring dances.
(c) Teahouse celebrations.
(d) End-of-war dances.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lectures has Fisby given to the village children on Democratic Theory?
2. Who is wresting?
3. What do the villagers get drunk on?
4. What does tsukemono mean?
5. What does Col. Purdy tell Gregovich to do with the stills?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)