|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise can be heard as Fisby tries to hear who is calling him?
(a) Hammering and sawing.
(b) Lotus Blossom talking.
(d) Buzzing electricity.
2. What does it mean to give someone a chrysanthemum bud?
(a) That the August Moon is wise.
(b) That death is near.
(c) That the heart of the giver is ready to unfold.
(d) That the recipients' cheeks are like blossoms.
3. Who is the best carpenter in the village?
(a) Mr. Seiko.
(b) Mr. Sumata.
(c) Mr. Hokaida.
(d) Miss Higa Jiga.
4. Why is the daughter going on the trip?
(a) To take care of her mother.
(b) To take care of her children.
(c) To visit her aunt.
(d) To take care of the goats.
5. What did Fisby do before the war?
(a) He was a janitor at a college.
(b) He was a professor of Humanities.
(c) He was a manager at a grocery store.
(d) He was a mechanic.
6. How does Sakini explain to Fisby that the animal has no children?
(a) She is too old to have kids.
(b) She is too young to have kids.
(c) She is a he goat.
(d) She is an unmarried goat.
7. When Fisby tries to give a lecture to the crowd, Sakini stops him and explains that the villagers want to do something first. What?
(a) Talk to Fisby.
(b) Ask about the school.
(c) Ask about America.
(d) Give Fisby gifts.
8. Why does the traveler need so many packages?
(a) She always travels with many packages.
(b) She is taking many presents.
(c) She is selling objects she has made.
(d) She is going for three or four months to visit.
9. What is Col. Purdy looking for as Act 1, Scene 1 ends?
(a) His toothbrush.
(b) His bathrobe.
(c) His pants.
(d) His magazine.
10. What gift does Mr. Sumata bring for Fisby?
(a) A Geisha girl.
(b) A house servant.
(c) A carpenter.
11. On what island does the play take place?
12. What does the daughter need to bring with her on the trip?
(a) Some pots to cook in.
(b) Her reading glasses.
(c) Many more packages.
(d) Her children.
13. What does Miss Higa Jiga want Lotus Blossom to do for the League for Democratic Action?
(a) Teach them about democracy.
(b) Teach them to be Geisha.
(c) Teach them how to play an instrument.
(d) Teach them how to serve tea.
14. What will happen if Fisby does not take the person sitting on top of the bundles?
(a) The old woman will be mad at Fisby.
(b) Fisby will lose face.
(c) Sakini will cry.
(d) The mayor of Tobiki village will be mad at him.
15. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The village mayor.
(c) The emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Oshira make?
2. Whom is Col. Purdy sending to check up on Fisby?
3. Where is the village located on the island where Fisby must go?
4. What has Maj. McEvoy accomplished in his village?
5. What does Mr. Seiko give to Fisby?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)