|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often is Fisby supposed to send a report to Col. Purdy?
2. What do the villagers do at 5:30 p.m.?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Make brandy.
(c) Sit in the pine grove, sip tea, and watch the sun go down.
(d) Go to the local teahouse.
3. How is Fisby to instruct the women of the village?
(a) Sakini is supposed to teach the women.
(b) Through the use of Okinawan songs.
(c) Through a series of lectures on democracy.
(d) In the classroom.
4. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) Auto Mechanics.
(b) American Roadster.
(c) Adventure Magazine.
(d) National Geographic.
5. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
(a) Teaching school for entire area.
(b) A souvenir business.
(c) Manual labor.
6. Why do the people of the village want to make Hokaida Chief of Police?
(a) He is a good wrestler and people are afraid of him.
(b) He owns his own gun.
(c) He is the tallest man in the village.
(d) He is the strongest man in the village.
7. On what island does the play take place?
8. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
(a) She is going to hold on tight.
(b) She has on a seat belt.
(c) She has great balance.
(d) She is tied on.
9. What is the document called that Fisby is supposed to follow to help the village recover?
(a) Government Tasks.
(b) Recovery Systems.
(c) Plan A.
(d) Plan B.
10. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, where has Fisby been?
(a) Walking along the beach.
(b) Giving a speech on democracy.
(c) Meditating in the pine grove.
(d) Inspecting the sweet potato fields.
11. How does Sakini think Fisby should dole out the jobs?
(a) First come, first serve.
(b) The people who bring the best gifts get the best jobs.
(c) The women should get the jobs first.
(d) The men should get the jobs first.
12. Which villager speaks English other than Sakini?
(a) Miss Higa Jiga.
(b) Mr. Oshira.
(c) Lotus Blossom.
(d) Mr. Seiko.
13. What noise can be heard as Fisby tries to hear who is calling him?
(b) Lotus Blossom talking.
(c) Buzzing electricity.
(d) Hammering and sawing.
14. What do the people of the village want Fisby to build?
(a) A town hall.
(b) A teahouse.
(c) A .
(d) A schoolhouse.
15. What must Fisby do with the women of the small village?
(a) Teach them to serve tea.
(b) Teach them to be teachers.
(c) Form a Women's League of Democratic Action.
(d) Teach them to work in a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the traveler need so many packages?
2. Where does the animal ride on the trip?
3. What animal comes with them on the trip?
4. What does Fisby ask Lotus Blossom to do when he takes the call from Col. Purdy?
5. What did the children want to see on the trip?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)