|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
(a) Yes, that means no.
2. What does Col. Purdy want to talk to Fisby about on the telephone?
(a) The Progress Report.
(b) A trip to come visit.
(c) Lotus Blossom.
(d) The gifts Fisby sent to the Col. to see.
3. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
(a) She is going to hold on tight.
(b) She is tied on.
(c) She has on a seat belt.
(d) She has great balance.
4. To whom does Lotus Blossom pay her dues?
(a) The Teahouse Guild.
(b) The Okinawan Guild.
(c) The Geisha Guild.
(d) The Artisan Guild.
5. Why did Fisby not report the birth of six kids in his report to the Col. under Population Increases?
(a) They are not counted until they are three years old.
(b) They are goats.
(c) They are American and do not belong to the village.
(d) Fisby did not know about the births.
6. When concerned about Fisby, what does the Col. ask Fisby about his medication?
(a) If he is taking aspirin.
(b) If he is taking vitamins.
(c) If he is drinking water with his pills.
(d) If he is taking his salt pills.
7. Col. Purdy comes out to see Fisby off and cannot believe what he sees. As he begins to complain, what happens?
(a) Sakini takes the wheel and drives off.
(b) Fisby just drives off.
(c) The old woman climbs down, takes the wheel, and drives off.
(d) The old lady comes to life and starts screaming at him.
8. Whom is Col. Purdy sending to check up on Fisby?
(a) Army intelligence.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) Army building code officers.
(d) Another nearby Colonel.
9. What is Lotus Blossom doing when Col. Purdy calls at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fanning Fisby.
(b) Reading to Fisby.
(c) Making tea for Fisby.
(d) Dancing for Fisby.
10. Why is the person or animal who jumps on right before the group leaves traveling?
(a) He wants to see the ocean.
(b) He wants to see the jungle.
(c) He just wants to go for a ride.
(d) He is the children's pet..
11. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
(a) They give them away.
(b) They don't have treasures.
(c) They hide them.
(d) They destroy them.
12. What shape will the new schoolhouse be in the village?
(c) Pentagon shaped.
13. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
(a) Teaching school for entire area.
(b) Manual labor.
(c) A souvenir business.
14. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
(a) That Lotus Blossom goes to the front of the line in the rice rations line.
(b) The rice shortage.
(c) The democratic lectures.
(d) All the noise from the new building.
15. What do the people of the village want Fisby to build?
(a) A town hall.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) A .
(d) A teahouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fisby do before the war?
2. What has Maj. McEvoy accomplished in his village?
3. What does Mr. Hokaida give as a gift?
4. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
5. What should Fisby be wearing out in the sun according to Col. Purdy?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)