|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sakini get Fisby to let Lotus Blossom teach the other women in town?
(a) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom is a wonderful actress.
(b) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom is a great singer.
(c) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom is not a prostitute.
(d) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom knows about democracy.
2. Where will the people of the village get the lumber for their building project?
(a) From the lumber for the new schoolhouse.
(b) Tear down old buildings and use the lumber.
(c) Ship it in from the coast.
(d) Cut the lumber themselves.
3. How long does it take a horse to travel to the village?
(a) 12 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 months.
4. What does Miss Higa Jiga say is happening in the village?
(a) All the men are drunk in the pine grove.
(b) That all the Geisha are taking over.
(c) That the men are making too much noise building the schoolhouse.
5. Col. Purdy comes out to see Fisby off and cannot believe what he sees. As he begins to complain, what happens?
(a) Fisby just drives off.
(b) Sakini takes the wheel and drives off.
(c) The old lady comes to life and starts screaming at him.
(d) The old woman climbs down, takes the wheel, and drives off.
6. Under what title should information be reported about children being born?
(a) "Populations booms."
(b) "Population Increases."
7. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
(a) The Colonel.
(c) The emperor.
(d) The village mayor.
8. What is tsukemono?
(a) A building.
(b) A between-meal snack.
(c) A style of shoe.
(d) A hat.
9. What does the daughter need to bring with her on the trip?
(a) Her reading glasses.
(b) Some pots to cook in.
(c) Her children.
(d) Many more packages.
10. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
(b) Victor Hugo.
(d) Ernest Hemmingway.
11. Why does the traveler need so many packages?
(a) She always travels with many packages.
(b) She is going for three or four months to visit.
(c) She is taking many presents.
(d) She is selling objects she has made.
12. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
(a) She has on a seat belt.
(b) She is tied on.
(c) She has great balance.
(d) She is going to hold on tight.
13. What should Fisby be wearing out in the sun according to Col. Purdy?
(a) Uniform hat.
(b) His helmet.
(c) A straw hat.
(d) A baseball cap.
14. When concerned about Fisby, what does the Col. ask Fisby about his medication?
(a) If he is drinking water with his pills.
(b) If he is taking his salt pills.
(c) If he is taking vitamins.
(d) If he is taking aspirin.
15. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
(a) They hide them.
(b) They don't have treasures.
(c) They destroy them.
(d) They give them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal comes with them on the trip?
2. What should Fisby wear when he goes in the sun?
3. What does Fisby ask Lotus Blossom to do when he takes the call from Col. Purdy?
4. Who jumps on the back of the transportation just before they leave for the trip?
5. Who is in love with Lotus Blossom?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)