|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is tsukemono?
(a) A style of shoe.
(b) A hat.
(c) A between-meal snack.
(d) A building.
2. On what island does the play take place?
3. What shape will the new schoolhouse be in the village?
(b) Pentagon shaped.
4. What is Col. Purdy looking for as Act 1, Scene 1 ends?
(a) His bathrobe.
(b) His toothbrush.
(c) His pants.
(d) His magazine.
5. What items does Miss Higa Jiga want Fisby to send for so that the women in the village can compete with Lotus Blossom?
(a) New wigs.
(b) New Kimono material.
(c) New white cloth.
(d) Lip stick, powder, and bobby-pins.
6. How does Fisby take his "medication?"
(b) With Brandy.
(c) With water.
(d) With his tea.
7. What does Miss Higa Jiga say is happening in the village?
(b) That all the Geisha are taking over.
(c) That the men are making too much noise building the schoolhouse.
(d) All the men are drunk in the pine grove.
8. What does Col. Purdy want to talk to Fisby about on the telephone?
(a) The gifts Fisby sent to the Col. to see.
(b) The Progress Report.
(c) Lotus Blossom.
(d) A trip to come visit.
9. What should Fisby wear when he goes in the sun?
(a) A kasa or straw hat.
(b) He takes an umbrella.
(c) A helmet.
10. Where does the animal ride on the trip?
(a) He is on the back.
(b) He is tied with a rope to the jeep.
(c) On the hood with the children.
(d) He rides at the top with the old woman.
11. Why do the villagers want to keep Mr. Omura as mayor?
(a) Because he is a teacher.
(b) Because he already owns a white coat.
(c) Because he has five crickets.
(d) Because he is wise.
12. What does Sakini tell Fisby is the business of a Geisha?
(a) To read to men.
(b) To listen to the troubles of men.
(c) To dance for men.
(d) To prepare food for men.
13. What is the document called that Fisby is supposed to follow to help the village recover?
(a) Government Tasks.
(b) Plan B.
(c) Recovery Systems.
(d) Plan A.
14. Where is the village located on the island where Fisby must go?
(a) In the middle of the island.
(b) On the coast.
(c) In the desert.
(d) At the bottom of the island.
15. What happened when Fisby was given a job licking envelopes?
(a) He was quite successful.
(b) He cut his tongue.
(c) He threw up from the taste.
(d) He developed an allergy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
2. What do the people of the village want Fisby to build?
3. What is the first industry that Fisby sets up for the village?
4. Where was Sakini born?
5. Whom does Fisby call to try to unload Lotus Blossom?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)