|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal comes with them on the trip?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cricket.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A pig.
2. Where does the animal ride on the trip?
(a) He rides at the top with the old woman.
(b) He is tied with a rope to the jeep.
(c) He is on the back.
(d) On the hood with the children.
3. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(c) Ernest Hemmingway.
4. Where will the people of the village get the lumber for their building project?
(a) Ship it in from the coast.
(b) From the lumber for the new schoolhouse.
(c) Tear down old buildings and use the lumber.
(d) Cut the lumber themselves.
5. When Fisby tells one of the people to get off, what does this character say to Fisby?
(b) "I'm not taking up any room."
(c) "If the goat can ride, then so can I."
(d) "I'm going, so let's get going!"
6. Who is in love with Lotus Blossom?
(d) Capt. McLean.
7. What should Fisby be wearing out in the sun according to Col. Purdy?
(a) Uniform hat.
(b) His helmet.
(c) A straw hat.
(d) A baseball cap.
8. Who helps Lotus Blossom to move?
(b) All the men in town.
(d) The women.
9. What is Col. Purdy looking for as Act 1, Scene 1 ends?
(a) His bathrobe.
(b) His magazine.
(c) His pants.
(d) His toothbrush.
10. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) Adventure Magazine.
(b) American Roadster.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) Auto Mechanics.
11. Who jumps on the back of the transportation just before they leave for the trip?
(a) An ancient man.
(c) Another animal.
(d) Col. Purdy.
12. What is the daughter pushing when she arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A bike.
(b) A baby stroller.
(c) A shopping cart.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
13. Col. Purdy comes out to see Fisby off and cannot believe what he sees. As he begins to complain, what happens?
(a) Sakini takes the wheel and drives off.
(b) The old lady comes to life and starts screaming at him.
(c) The old woman climbs down, takes the wheel, and drives off.
(d) Fisby just drives off.
14. What did Fisby do before the war?
(a) He was a professor of Humanities.
(b) He was a mechanic.
(c) He was a janitor at a college.
(d) He was a manager at a grocery store.
15. What does the daughter need to bring with her on the trip?
(a) Her reading glasses.
(b) Some pots to cook in.
(c) Many more packages.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hokaida give as a gift?
2. Why is the person or animal who jumps on right before the group leaves traveling?
3. How does Fisby take his "medication?"
4. What is tsukemono?
5. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)