|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sakini think Fisby should dole out the jobs?
(a) The men should get the jobs first.
(b) The people who bring the best gifts get the best jobs.
(c) The women should get the jobs first.
(d) First come, first serve.
2. What does Miss Higa Jiga say is happening in the village?
(b) That all the Geisha are taking over.
(c) All the men are drunk in the pine grove.
(d) That the men are making too much noise building the schoolhouse.
3. Who is the best carpenter in the village?
(a) Mr. Hokaida.
(b) Mr. Seiko.
(c) Miss Higa Jiga.
(d) Mr. Sumata.
4. Who jumps on the back of the transportation just before they leave for the trip?
(a) Col. Purdy.
(b) Another animal.
(c) An ancient man.
5. How do people on Okinawa travel?
(b) On generosity.
(c) By boat.
(d) By bus.
6. When concerned about Fisby, what does the Col. ask Fisby about his medication?
(a) If he is taking vitamins.
(b) If he is drinking water with his pills.
(c) If he is taking his salt pills.
(d) If he is taking aspirin.
7. How many weeks have passed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) A few.
8. To whom does Lotus Blossom pay her dues?
(a) The Artisan Guild.
(b) The Okinawan Guild.
(c) The Teahouse Guild.
(d) The Geisha Guild.
9. What transportation will the party be using to get to the village?
(a) A horse cart.
(b) A bus.
(c) A car.
(d) A jeep.
10. What is Lotus Blossom doing when Col. Purdy calls at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fanning Fisby.
(b) Making tea for Fisby.
(c) Reading to Fisby.
(d) Dancing for Fisby.
11. Who is in love with Lotus Blossom?
(b) Capt. McLean.
12. Where was Sakini born?
13. What happened when Fisby was given a job licking envelopes?
(a) He developed an allergy.
(b) He threw up from the taste.
(c) He was quite successful.
(d) He cut his tongue.
14. What items does Miss Higa Jiga want Fisby to send for so that the women in the village can compete with Lotus Blossom?
(a) New Kimono material.
(b) Lip stick, powder, and bobby-pins.
(c) New wigs.
(d) New white cloth.
15. What shape will the new schoolhouse be in the village?
(d) Pentagon shaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
2. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
3. What does Mr. Oshira make?
4. What does Sakini tell Fisby is the business of a Geisha?
5. Whom does Fisby call to try to unload Lotus Blossom?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)