|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people on Okinawa travel?
(b) On generosity.
(c) By bus.
(d) By boat.
2. Where was Sakini born?
3. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
(c) Victor Hugo.
(d) Ernest Hemmingway.
4. Why does the traveler need so many packages?
(a) She is selling objects she has made.
(b) She is taking many presents.
(c) She always travels with many packages.
(d) She is going for three or four months to visit.
5. Where is the village located on the island where Fisby must go?
(a) At the bottom of the island.
(b) In the desert.
(c) On the coast.
(d) In the middle of the island.
6. What is the document called that Fisby is supposed to follow to help the village recover?
(a) Plan A.
(b) Recovery Systems.
(c) Plan B.
(d) Government Tasks.
7. Why is the daughter going on the trip?
(a) To take care of the goats.
(b) To take care of her mother.
(c) To visit her aunt.
(d) To take care of her children.
8. Col. Purdy comes out to see Fisby off and cannot believe what he sees. As he begins to complain, what happens?
(a) Fisby just drives off.
(b) The old woman climbs down, takes the wheel, and drives off.
(c) The old lady comes to life and starts screaming at him.
(d) Sakini takes the wheel and drives off.
9. When Fisby tells one of the people to get off, what does this character say to Fisby?
(a) "I'm not taking up any room."
(c) "If the goat can ride, then so can I."
(d) "I'm going, so let's get going!"
10. How does Sakini describe the road to the village?
(a) It is just a path for a wagon cart and goat.
(b) It is very hilly.
(c) It is a gravel road.
(d) It follows the beach.
11. How does Sakini get Fisby to let Lotus Blossom teach the other women in town?
(a) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom is a wonderful actress.
(b) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom is a great singer.
(c) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom is not a prostitute.
(d) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom knows about democracy.
12. When someone gives a cricket cage, what is not included?
(a) The handle.
(b) The cricket.
(c) The wrapping.
(d) The door.
13. What does it mean to give someone a chrysanthemum bud?
(a) That the August Moon is wise.
(b) That death is near.
(c) That the recipients' cheeks are like blossoms.
(d) That the heart of the giver is ready to unfold.
14. What has Maj. McEvoy accomplished in his village?
(a) He has delivered fourteen lectures on democracy.
(b) 4th-graders know the alphabet through "M" and the whole village can sing "God Bless America" in English.
(c) All new houses have been built.
(d) A new schoolhouse has been built.
15. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
(a) They destroy them.
(b) They hide them.
(c) They don't have treasures.
(d) They give them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Col. Purdy sending to check up on Fisby?
2. Why did Fisby not report the birth of six kids in his report to the Col. under Population Increases?
3. What, according to Fisby, does Congress not have any control over?
4. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
5. How often is Fisby supposed to send a report to Col. Purdy?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)