|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person or animal who jumps on right before the group leaves traveling?
(a) He is the children's pet..
(b) He wants to see the jungle.
(c) He just wants to go for a ride.
(d) He wants to see the ocean.
2. What is tsukemono?
(a) A style of shoe.
(b) A between-meal snack.
(c) A hat.
(d) A building.
3. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
(a) They don't have treasures.
(b) They destroy them.
(c) They give them away.
(d) They hide them.
4. When someone gives a cricket cage, what is not included?
(a) The cricket.
(b) The handle.
(c) The door.
(d) The wrapping.
5. What does Col. Purdy want to talk to Fisby about on the telephone?
(a) The Progress Report.
(b) A trip to come visit.
(c) The gifts Fisby sent to the Col. to see.
(d) Lotus Blossom.
6. When, according to Col. Purdy, will US troops be out of Okinawa?
(a) In 100 years.
(b) By the next generation.
(c) By the next year.
(d) In five years.
7. What items does Miss Higa Jiga want Fisby to send for so that the women in the village can compete with Lotus Blossom?
(a) Lip stick, powder, and bobby-pins.
(b) New Kimono material.
(c) New white cloth.
(d) New wigs.
8. What noise can be heard as Fisby tries to hear who is calling him?
(a) Hammering and sawing.
(b) Buzzing electricity.
(c) Lotus Blossom talking.
9. Which villager speaks English other than Sakini?
(a) Mr. Oshira.
(b) Lotus Blossom.
(c) Mr. Seiko.
(d) Miss Higa Jiga.
10. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
(a) The rice shortage.
(b) All the noise from the new building.
(c) The democratic lectures.
(d) That Lotus Blossom goes to the front of the line in the rice rations line.
11. What do the people of the village want Fisby to build?
(a) A town hall.
(b) A teahouse.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A .
12. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
(b) Ernest Hemmingway.
(d) Victor Hugo.
13. How does Fisby take his "medication?"
(a) With his tea.
(c) With water.
(d) With Brandy.
14. What does it mean to give someone a chrysanthemum bud?
(a) That the August Moon is wise.
(b) That death is near.
(c) That the heart of the giver is ready to unfold.
(d) That the recipients' cheeks are like blossoms.
15. Why did Fisby not report the birth of six kids in his report to the Col. under Population Increases?
(a) They are American and do not belong to the village.
(b) They are goats.
(c) They are not counted until they are three years old.
(d) Fisby did not know about the births.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the village located on the island where Fisby must go?
2. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
3. How many weeks have passed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Col. Purdy comes out to see Fisby off and cannot believe what he sees. As he begins to complain, what happens?
5. On what island does the play take place?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)