|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
(a) Yes, that means no.
2. Where is the village located on the island where Fisby must go?
(a) At the bottom of the island.
(b) On the coast.
(c) In the middle of the island.
(d) In the desert.
3. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
(a) Create a forum for democratic talks.
(b) Have weekly English lessons.
(c) Elect a League President.
(d) Have weekly bridge lessons.
4. Why does the traveler need so many packages?
(a) She is taking many presents.
(b) She is selling objects she has made.
(c) She is going for three or four months to visit.
(d) She always travels with many packages.
5. What specific questions does Col. Purdy have for Fisby when he phones?
(a) Why they are building a teahouse.
(b) Why Lotus Blossom is lecturing on democracy.
(c) Why there is nothing reported about the schoolhouse.
(d) Why Sakini is now the mayor of the village.
6. Why did Fisby not report the birth of six kids in his report to the Col. under Population Increases?
(a) They are not counted until they are three years old.
(b) They are goats.
(c) Fisby did not know about the births.
(d) They are American and do not belong to the village.
7. What will happen if Fisby does not take the person sitting on top of the bundles?
(a) The mayor of Tobiki village will be mad at him.
(b) Fisby will lose face.
(c) The old woman will be mad at Fisby.
(d) Sakini will cry.
8. What is the document called that Fisby is supposed to follow to help the village recover?
(a) Plan B.
(b) Plan A.
(c) Recovery Systems.
(d) Government Tasks.
9. What does Miss Higa Jiga say is happening in the village?
(a) All the men are drunk in the pine grove.
(c) That the men are making too much noise building the schoolhouse.
(d) That all the Geisha are taking over.
10. Who helps Lotus Blossom to move?
(c) All the men in town.
(d) The women.
11. Why do the people of the village want to make Hokaida Chief of Police?
(a) He owns his own gun.
(b) He is the tallest man in the village.
(c) He is the strongest man in the village.
(d) He is a good wrestler and people are afraid of him.
12. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) Auto Mechanics.
(b) Adventure Magazine.
(c) American Roadster.
(d) National Geographic.
13. When, according to Col. Purdy, will US troops be out of Okinawa?
(a) In 100 years.
(b) By the next year.
(c) In five years.
(d) By the next generation.
14. In what language does Col. Purdy count his laundry items?
15. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
(a) The democratic lectures.
(b) The rice shortage.
(c) All the noise from the new building.
(d) That Lotus Blossom goes to the front of the line in the rice rations line.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fisby tries to give a lecture to the crowd, Sakini stops him and explains that the villagers want to do something first. What?
2. Why do the villagers want to keep Mr. Omura as mayor?
3. How often is Fisby supposed to send a report to Col. Purdy?
4. What does Mr. Oshira make?
5. How do people on Okinawa travel?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)