|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lotus Blossom doing when Col. Purdy calls at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fanning Fisby.
(b) Making tea for Fisby.
(c) Reading to Fisby.
(d) Dancing for Fisby.
2. What should Fisby be wearing out in the sun according to Col. Purdy?
(a) A straw hat.
(b) A baseball cap.
(c) His helmet.
(d) Uniform hat.
3. Which villager speaks English other than Sakini?
(a) Miss Higa Jiga.
(b) Mr. Oshira.
(c) Lotus Blossom.
(d) Mr. Seiko.
4. When Fisby tells one of the people to get off, what does this character say to Fisby?
(b) "I'm going, so let's get going!"
(c) "I'm not taking up any room."
(d) "If the goat can ride, then so can I."
5. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
(a) They give them away.
(b) They destroy them.
(c) They hide them.
(d) They don't have treasures.
6. How does Sakini describe the road to the village?
(a) It is just a path for a wagon cart and goat.
(b) It is a gravel road.
(c) It follows the beach.
(d) It is very hilly.
7. What is the daughter pushing when she arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A baby stroller.
(b) A bike.
(c) A shopping cart.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
8. What will happen if Fisby does not take the person sitting on top of the bundles?
(a) Fisby will lose face.
(b) The mayor of Tobiki village will be mad at him.
(c) Sakini will cry.
(d) The old woman will be mad at Fisby.
9. What items does Miss Higa Jiga want Fisby to send for so that the women in the village can compete with Lotus Blossom?
(a) New white cloth.
(b) New wigs.
(c) New Kimono material.
(d) Lip stick, powder, and bobby-pins.
10. What does Mr. Oshira make?
(b) School houses.
(c) Cricket cages.
(d) Lacquered cups.
11. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The emperor.
(d) The village mayor.
12. How does Sakini explain to Fisby that the animal has no children?
(a) She is too young to have kids.
(b) She is an unmarried goat.
(c) She is too old to have kids.
(d) She is a he goat.
13. What is Sakini chewing when the play begins?
(c) Juicy-fruit gum.
(d) Beef Jerky.
14. What is the first industry that Fisby sets up for the village?
(a) Making kimonos.
(b) Sewing white robes.
(c) Making geta and cricket cages.
(d) Collecting shells.
15. What gift does Mr. Sumata bring for Fisby?
(a) A house servant.
(b) A Geisha girl.
(d) A carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lotus Blossom pay her dues?
2. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
3. Why did Fisby not report the birth of six kids in his report to the Col. under Population Increases?
4. On what island does the play take place?
5. What happened when Fisby was given a job licking envelopes?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)