|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fisby take his "medication?"
(a) With his tea.
(b) With Brandy.
(d) With water.
2. What is Fisby wearing when Col. Purdy calls him?
(a) Amy fatigues.
(b) A white coat.
(c) His bathrobe as a kimono.
(d) A silk kimono.
3. Whom is Col. Purdy sending to check up on Fisby?
(a) Another nearby Colonel.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) Army intelligence.
(d) Army building code officers.
4. Why does Sakini walk so slowly?
(a) His shoes are too small.
(b) He's full from dinner.
(c) He was injured in the war.
(d) So his socks won't fall down.
5. What items does Miss Higa Jiga want Fisby to send for so that the women in the village can compete with Lotus Blossom?
(a) New wigs.
(b) New white cloth.
(c) Lip stick, powder, and bobby-pins.
(d) New Kimono material.
6. Whom does Fisby call to try to unload Lotus Blossom?
(a) Capt. McLean.
(b) Major McEvoy at Awasi.
(c) Col. Purdy.
(d) He does not try to get rid of her.
7. Who is in love with Lotus Blossom?
(a) Capt. McLean.
8. To whom does Lotus Blossom pay her dues?
(a) The Geisha Guild.
(b) The Teahouse Guild.
(c) The Artisan Guild.
(d) The Okinawan Guild.
9. What do the people of the village want Fisby to build?
(a) A .
(b) A teahouse.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A town hall.
10. What did Fisby do before the war?
(a) He was a mechanic.
(b) He was a janitor at a college.
(c) He was a professor of Humanities.
(d) He was a manager at a grocery store.
11. How does Sakini explain to Fisby that the animal has no children?
(a) She is too old to have kids.
(b) She is an unmarried goat.
(c) She is too young to have kids.
(d) She is a he goat.
12. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
(a) A souvenir business.
(b) Teaching school for entire area.
(d) Manual labor.
13. Why did Fisby not report the birth of six kids in his report to the Col. under Population Increases?
(a) They are American and do not belong to the village.
(b) Fisby did not know about the births.
(c) They are goats.
(d) They are not counted until they are three years old.
14. What specific questions does Col. Purdy have for Fisby when he phones?
(a) Why Sakini is now the mayor of the village.
(b) Why they are building a teahouse.
(c) Why Lotus Blossom is lecturing on democracy.
(d) Why there is nothing reported about the schoolhouse.
15. When Fisby tries to give a lecture to the crowd, Sakini stops him and explains that the villagers want to do something first. What?
(a) Ask about the school.
(b) Talk to Fisby.
(c) Ask about America.
(d) Give Fisby gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should Fisby be wearing out in the sun according to Col. Purdy?
2. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
3. What is one of the main points of democracy that Fisby tells the villagers?
4. When concerned about Fisby, what does the Col. ask Fisby about his medication?
5. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)