|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Sakini born?
2. What specific questions does Col. Purdy have for Fisby when he phones?
(a) Why Sakini is now the mayor of the village.
(b) Why there is nothing reported about the schoolhouse.
(c) Why they are building a teahouse.
(d) Why Lotus Blossom is lecturing on democracy.
3. What is the document called that Fisby is supposed to follow to help the village recover?
(a) Recovery Systems.
(b) Government Tasks.
(c) Plan B.
(d) Plan A.
4. Why does Sakini walk so slowly?
(a) He's full from dinner.
(b) His shoes are too small.
(c) He was injured in the war.
(d) So his socks won't fall down.
5. What is Col. Purdy looking for as Act 1, Scene 1 ends?
(a) His bathrobe.
(b) His magazine.
(c) His toothbrush.
(d) His pants.
6. What does Mr. Hokaida give as a gift?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A teacup.
(c) A cricket cage.
(d) A goat.
7. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
(d) Yes, that means no.
8. Whom is Col. Purdy sending to check up on Fisby?
(a) Army building code officers.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) Army intelligence.
(d) Another nearby Colonel.
9. In what language does Col. Purdy count his laundry items?
10. Why did Fisby not report the birth of six kids in his report to the Col. under Population Increases?
(a) They are not counted until they are three years old.
(b) Fisby did not know about the births.
(c) They are American and do not belong to the village.
(d) They are goats.
11. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The village mayor.
(c) The emperor.
12. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
(a) She has on a seat belt.
(b) She has great balance.
(c) She is tied on.
(d) She is going to hold on tight.
13. What does it mean to give someone a chrysanthemum bud?
(a) That the heart of the giver is ready to unfold.
(b) That death is near.
(c) That the recipients' cheeks are like blossoms.
(d) That the August Moon is wise.
14. How does Sakini describe the road to the village?
(a) It follows the beach.
(b) It is just a path for a wagon cart and goat.
(c) It is very hilly.
(d) It is a gravel road.
15. When Fisby tries to give a lecture to the crowd, Sakini stops him and explains that the villagers want to do something first. What?
(a) Talk to Fisby.
(b) Ask about the school.
(c) Ask about America.
(d) Give Fisby gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in love with Lotus Blossom?
2. What is tsukemono?
3. How will Fisby see around the children on the hood of the car?
4. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
5. What gift does Mr. Sumata bring for Fisby?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)