|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise can be heard as Fisby tries to hear who is calling him?
(b) Hammering and sawing.
(c) Buzzing electricity.
(d) Lotus Blossom talking.
2. To whom does Lotus Blossom pay her dues?
(a) The Okinawan Guild.
(b) The Geisha Guild.
(c) The Teahouse Guild.
(d) The Artisan Guild.
3. What has Maj. McEvoy accomplished in his village?
(a) He has delivered fourteen lectures on democracy.
(b) A new schoolhouse has been built.
(c) 4th-graders know the alphabet through "M" and the whole village can sing "God Bless America" in English.
(d) All new houses have been built.
4. What kind of eggs does Miss Higa Jiga give to Fisby?
(a) Cricket eggs.
(b) Turtle eggs.
(c) Chicken eggs.
(d) Dinosaur eggs.
5. What does Miss Higa Jiga want Lotus Blossom to do for the League for Democratic Action?
(a) Teach them how to play an instrument.
(b) Teach them how to serve tea.
(c) Teach them about democracy.
(d) Teach them to be Geisha.
6. How does Sakini think Fisby should dole out the jobs?
(a) The men should get the jobs first.
(b) The women should get the jobs first.
(c) First come, first serve.
(d) The people who bring the best gifts get the best jobs.
7. Where was Sakini born?
8. Which villager speaks English other than Sakini?
(a) Lotus Blossom.
(b) Mr. Seiko.
(c) Mr. Oshira.
(d) Miss Higa Jiga.
9. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
(a) A souvenir business.
(b) Teaching school for entire area.
(c) Manual labor.
10. How do people on Okinawa travel?
(a) By bus.
(c) On generosity.
(d) By boat.
11. How is Fisby to instruct the women of the village?
(a) In the classroom.
(b) Through a series of lectures on democracy.
(c) Through the use of Okinawan songs.
(d) Sakini is supposed to teach the women.
12. What do the villagers do at 5:30 p.m.?
(a) Sit in the pine grove, sip tea, and watch the sun go down.
(b) Go to the local teahouse.
(c) Make brandy.
(d) Go to bed.
13. When Fisby tries to give a lecture to the crowd, Sakini stops him and explains that the villagers want to do something first. What?
(a) Talk to Fisby.
(b) Give Fisby gifts.
(c) Ask about the school.
(d) Ask about America.
14. What should Fisby be wearing out in the sun according to Col. Purdy?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A straw hat.
(c) Uniform hat.
(d) His helmet.
15. Whom does Fisby call to try to unload Lotus Blossom?
(a) He does not try to get rid of her.
(b) Capt. McLean.
(c) Major McEvoy at Awasi.
(d) Col. Purdy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Fisby, does Congress not have any control over?
2. When Fisby tells one of the people to get off, what does this character say to Fisby?
3. What does the daughter need to bring with her on the trip?
4. What does Col. Purdy want to talk to Fisby about on the telephone?
5. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)