|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what island does the play take place?
2. When concerned about Fisby, what does the Col. ask Fisby about his medication?
(a) If he is drinking water with his pills.
(b) If he is taking vitamins.
(c) If he is taking his salt pills.
(d) If he is taking aspirin.
3. How does Sakini get Fisby to let Lotus Blossom teach the other women in town?
(a) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom is a great singer.
(b) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom is not a prostitute.
(c) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom is a wonderful actress.
(d) He tells Fisby that Lotus Blossom knows about democracy.
4. Why do the villagers want to keep Mr. Omura as mayor?
(a) Because he already owns a white coat.
(b) Because he is wise.
(c) Because he is a teacher.
(d) Because he has five crickets.
5. In what language does Col. Purdy count his laundry items?
6. What does Mr. Oshira make?
(a) School houses.
(b) Lacquered cups.
(d) Cricket cages.
7. What is Lotus Blossom doing when Col. Purdy calls at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fanning Fisby.
(b) Making tea for Fisby.
(c) Reading to Fisby.
(d) Dancing for Fisby.
8. What shape will the new schoolhouse be in the village?
(c) Pentagon shaped.
9. How will Fisby see around the children on the hood of the car?
(a) He will have to sit on a book.
(b) The goat will signal when to turn.
(c) The old lady has very good eyesight and will tell them when to turn.
(d) The children will tell Fisby when to turn.
10. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, where has Fisby been?
(a) Walking along the beach.
(b) Meditating in the pine grove.
(c) Inspecting the sweet potato fields.
(d) Giving a speech on democracy.
11. What does Fisby ask Lotus Blossom to do when he takes the call from Col. Purdy?
(a) If she can turn off the electric fan.
(b) To see if she can go stop the hammering on the teahouse for a minute.
(c) If she can stop talking.
(d) If she can stop the musicians.
12. What is the document called that Fisby is supposed to follow to help the village recover?
(a) Government Tasks.
(b) Plan A.
(c) Recovery Systems.
(d) Plan B.
13. Who is the best carpenter in the village?
(a) Miss Higa Jiga.
(b) Mr. Hokaida.
(c) Mr. Seiko.
(d) Mr. Sumata.
14. What will happen if Fisby does not take the person sitting on top of the bundles?
(a) The old woman will be mad at Fisby.
(b) The mayor of Tobiki village will be mad at him.
(c) Fisby will lose face.
(d) Sakini will cry.
15. When someone gives a cricket cage, what is not included?
(a) The door.
(b) The handle.
(c) The wrapping.
(d) The cricket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Fisby was given a job licking envelopes?
2. How does Fisby take his "medication?"
3. What is tsukemono?
4. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
5. What should Fisby wear when he goes in the sun?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)