|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When someone gives a cricket cage, what is not included?
(a) The door.
(b) The handle.
(c) The wrapping.
(d) The cricket.
2. What must Fisby do with the women of the small village?
(a) Form a Women's League of Democratic Action.
(b) Teach them to be teachers.
(c) Teach them to serve tea.
(d) Teach them to work in a factory.
3. What transportation will the party be using to get to the village?
(a) A jeep.
(b) A car.
(c) A horse cart.
(d) A bus.
4. How will Fisby see around the children on the hood of the car?
(a) The goat will signal when to turn.
(b) The children will tell Fisby when to turn.
(c) The old lady has very good eyesight and will tell them when to turn.
(d) He will have to sit on a book.
5. What is tsukemono?
(a) A building.
(b) A between-meal snack.
(c) A style of shoe.
(d) A hat.
6. How many weeks have passed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) A few.
7. What does Miss Higa Jiga want Lotus Blossom to do for the League for Democratic Action?
(a) Teach them how to serve tea.
(b) Teach them how to play an instrument.
(c) Teach them to be Geisha.
(d) Teach them about democracy.
8. Whom is Col. Purdy sending to check up on Fisby?
(a) Army intelligence.
(b) Army building code officers.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) Another nearby Colonel.
9. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) Auto Mechanics.
(c) American Roadster.
(d) Adventure Magazine.
10. Who jumps on the back of the transportation just before they leave for the trip?
(a) Col. Purdy.
(c) Another animal.
(d) An ancient man.
11. What items does Miss Higa Jiga want Fisby to send for so that the women in the village can compete with Lotus Blossom?
(a) New wigs.
(b) New white cloth.
(c) Lip stick, powder, and bobby-pins.
(d) New Kimono material.
12. What does Sakini tell Fisby is the business of a Geisha?
(a) To read to men.
(b) To prepare food for men.
(c) To listen to the troubles of men.
(d) To dance for men.
13. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
(a) They destroy them.
(b) They don't have treasures.
(c) They hide them.
(d) They give them away.
14. What does Mr. Seiko give to Fisby?
(a) Geta or wooden sandals.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A bottle of brandy.
(d) A hat.
15. What happened when Fisby was given a job licking envelopes?
(a) He threw up from the taste.
(b) He was quite successful.
(c) He cut his tongue.
(d) He developed an allergy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should Fisby wear when he goes in the sun?
2. To whom does Lotus Blossom pay her dues?
3. Where was Sakini born?
4. What do the people of the village want Fisby to build?
5. What is Fisby wearing when Col. Purdy calls him?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)