|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) Adventure Magazine.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) American Roadster.
(d) Auto Mechanics.
2. Who helps Lotus Blossom to move?
(a) The women.
(c) All the men in town.
3. Who jumps on the back of the transportation just before they leave for the trip?
(a) Another animal.
(b) Col. Purdy.
(d) An ancient man.
4. What does Mr. Hokaida give as a gift?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cricket.
(c) A cricket cage.
(d) A teacup.
5. Which villager speaks English other than Sakini?
(a) Miss Higa Jiga.
(b) Mr. Oshira.
(c) Mr. Seiko.
(d) Lotus Blossom.
6. What did the children want to see on the trip?
(a) Other children.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The ocean.
(d) An army base.
7. What does Mr. Oshira make?
(a) School houses.
(b) Lacquered cups.
(d) Cricket cages.
8. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
(c) Victor Hugo.
(d) Ernest Hemmingway.
9. Why does the traveler need so many packages?
(a) She always travels with many packages.
(b) She is selling objects she has made.
(c) She is going for three or four months to visit.
(d) She is taking many presents.
10. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
(a) Teaching school for entire area.
(b) A souvenir business.
(c) Manual labor.
11. Where will the people of the village get the lumber for their building project?
(a) Ship it in from the coast.
(b) Tear down old buildings and use the lumber.
(c) Cut the lumber themselves.
(d) From the lumber for the new schoolhouse.
12. What transportation will the party be using to get to the village?
(a) A horse cart.
(b) A bus.
(c) A car.
(d) A jeep.
13. How does Sakini think Fisby should dole out the jobs?
(a) The people who bring the best gifts get the best jobs.
(b) First come, first serve.
(c) The women should get the jobs first.
(d) The men should get the jobs first.
14. How does Fisby take his "medication?"
(a) With his tea.
(b) With Brandy.
(c) With water.
15. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
(a) She has on a seat belt.
(b) She has great balance.
(c) She is tied on.
(d) She is going to hold on tight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal comes with them on the trip?
2. Where was Sakini born?
3. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
4. How often is Fisby supposed to send a report to Col. Purdy?
5. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)