|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sakini explain to Fisby that the animal has no children?
(a) She is an unmarried goat.
(b) She is a he goat.
(c) She is too old to have kids.
(d) She is too young to have kids.
2. How long does it take a horse to travel to the village?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 12 weeks.
3. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
(a) Have weekly bridge lessons.
(b) Create a forum for democratic talks.
(c) Elect a League President.
(d) Have weekly English lessons.
4. What is Lotus Blossom doing when Col. Purdy calls at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fanning Fisby.
(b) Making tea for Fisby.
(c) Reading to Fisby.
(d) Dancing for Fisby.
5. How does Sakini think Fisby should dole out the jobs?
(a) First come, first serve.
(b) The people who bring the best gifts get the best jobs.
(c) The men should get the jobs first.
(d) The women should get the jobs first.
6. What, according to Fisby, does Congress not have any control over?
(b) Children playing.
(c) Goats breeding.
(d) Willow trees..
7. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) Adventure Magazine.
(b) American Roadster.
(c) Auto Mechanics.
(d) National Geographic.
8. What has Maj. McEvoy accomplished in his village?
(a) He has delivered fourteen lectures on democracy.
(b) 4th-graders know the alphabet through "M" and the whole village can sing "God Bless America" in English.
(c) All new houses have been built.
(d) A new schoolhouse has been built.
9. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
(a) They wear kimonos when they dance.
(b) They are dancing with "questionable" women.
(c) The men are dancing with the natives.
(d) Officers are dancing with enlisted men.
10. What does Miss Higa Jiga say is happening in the village?
(a) All the men are drunk in the pine grove.
(b) That the men are making too much noise building the schoolhouse.
(c) That all the Geisha are taking over.
11. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
(a) The rice shortage.
(b) All the noise from the new building.
(c) That Lotus Blossom goes to the front of the line in the rice rations line.
(d) The democratic lectures.
12. What does Mr. Seiko give to Fisby?
(a) A kimono.
(b) Geta or wooden sandals.
(c) A bottle of brandy.
(d) A hat.
13. What is the first industry that Fisby sets up for the village?
(a) Making kimonos.
(b) Collecting shells.
(c) Sewing white robes.
(d) Making geta and cricket cages.
14. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, where has Fisby been?
(a) Inspecting the sweet potato fields.
(b) Walking along the beach.
(c) Meditating in the pine grove.
(d) Giving a speech on democracy.
15. Who jumps on the back of the transportation just before they leave for the trip?
(b) An ancient man.
(c) Another animal.
(d) Col. Purdy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Higa Jiga want Lotus Blossom to do for the League for Democratic Action?
2. Why did Fisby not report the birth of six kids in his report to the Col. under Population Increases?
3. What kind of eggs does Miss Higa Jiga give to Fisby?
4. What animal comes with them on the trip?
5. How many weeks have passed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)