|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise can be heard as Fisby tries to hear who is calling him?
(a) Hammering and sawing.
(b) Lotus Blossom talking.
(d) Buzzing electricity.
2. Why do the villagers want to keep Mr. Omura as mayor?
(a) Because he has five crickets.
(b) Because he is wise.
(c) Because he is a teacher.
(d) Because he already owns a white coat.
3. When concerned about Fisby, what does the Col. ask Fisby about his medication?
(a) If he is taking aspirin.
(b) If he is drinking water with his pills.
(c) If he is taking his salt pills.
(d) If he is taking vitamins.
4. What should Fisby be wearing out in the sun according to Col. Purdy?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A straw hat.
(c) Uniform hat.
(d) His helmet.
5. What shape will the new schoolhouse be in the village?
(a) Pentagon shaped.
6. Where is the village located on the island where Fisby must go?
(a) In the desert.
(b) At the bottom of the island.
(c) In the middle of the island.
(d) On the coast.
7. What does Miss Higa Jiga say is happening in the village?
(a) That the men are making too much noise building the schoolhouse.
(c) That all the Geisha are taking over.
(d) All the men are drunk in the pine grove.
8. How does Sakini explain to Fisby that the animal has no children?
(a) She is too young to have kids.
(b) She is a he goat.
(c) She is an unmarried goat.
(d) She is too old to have kids.
9. What does Miss Higa Jiga want Lotus Blossom to do for the League for Democratic Action?
(a) Teach them how to play an instrument.
(b) Teach them about democracy.
(c) Teach them to be Geisha.
(d) Teach them how to serve tea.
10. How does Fisby take his "medication?"
(a) With his tea.
(b) With water.
(d) With Brandy.
11. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
(a) That Lotus Blossom goes to the front of the line in the rice rations line.
(b) The democratic lectures.
(c) The rice shortage.
(d) All the noise from the new building.
12. What is the first industry that Fisby sets up for the village?
(a) Sewing white robes.
(b) Making kimonos.
(c) Making geta and cricket cages.
(d) Collecting shells.
13. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
(c) Yes, that means no.
14. How do people on Okinawa travel?
(a) On generosity.
(b) By bus.
(c) By boat.
15. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
(a) Have weekly English lessons.
(b) Elect a League President.
(c) Have weekly bridge lessons.
(d) Create a forum for democratic talks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What transportation will the party be using to get to the village?
2. What animal comes with them on the trip?
3. Col. Purdy comes out to see Fisby off and cannot believe what he sees. As he begins to complain, what happens?
4. What does Mr. Seiko give to Fisby?
5. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)