|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person or animal who jumps on right before the group leaves traveling?
(a) He just wants to go for a ride.
(b) He wants to see the jungle.
(c) He is the children's pet..
(d) He wants to see the ocean.
2. What is one of the main points of democracy that Fisby tells the villagers?
(a) That the President is an old man.
(b) That the President is your friend.
(c) That you can write the President.
(d) That the President wants a school.
3. How do people on Okinawa travel?
(a) By bus.
(b) On generosity.
(c) By boat.
4. How does Fisby take his "medication?"
(a) With Brandy.
(c) With water.
(d) With his tea.
5. What is tsukemono?
(a) A between-meal snack.
(b) A building.
(c) A style of shoe.
(d) A hat.
6. Where is the village located on the island where Fisby must go?
(a) On the coast.
(b) At the bottom of the island.
(c) In the middle of the island.
(d) In the desert.
7. When, according to Col. Purdy, will US troops be out of Okinawa?
(a) By the next year.
(b) In five years.
(c) By the next generation.
(d) In 100 years.
8. What gift does Mr. Sumata bring for Fisby?
(a) A house servant.
(b) A Geisha girl.
(d) A carpenter.
9. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
(a) They give them away.
(b) They don't have treasures.
(c) They destroy them.
(d) They hide them.
10. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
(a) They are dancing with "questionable" women.
(b) Officers are dancing with enlisted men.
(c) They wear kimonos when they dance.
(d) The men are dancing with the natives.
11. What is Fisby wearing when Col. Purdy calls him?
(a) A white coat.
(b) A silk kimono.
(c) His bathrobe as a kimono.
(d) Amy fatigues.
12. How will Fisby see around the children on the hood of the car?
(a) The goat will signal when to turn.
(b) The children will tell Fisby when to turn.
(c) He will have to sit on a book.
(d) The old lady has very good eyesight and will tell them when to turn.
13. When concerned about Fisby, what does the Col. ask Fisby about his medication?
(a) If he is taking his salt pills.
(b) If he is taking vitamins.
(c) If he is drinking water with his pills.
(d) If he is taking aspirin.
14. What does the daughter need to bring with her on the trip?
(a) Her reading glasses.
(b) Her children.
(c) Many more packages.
(d) Some pots to cook in.
15. What shape will the new schoolhouse be in the village?
(b) Pentagon shaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hokaida give as a gift?
2. What did the children want to see on the trip?
3. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
4. Who is the 2nd-best carpenter in the village?
5. Under what title should information be reported about children being born?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)