|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Fisby to instruct the women of the village?
(a) Through the use of Okinawan songs.
(b) In the classroom.
(c) Through a series of lectures on democracy.
(d) Sakini is supposed to teach the women.
2. How will Fisby see around the children on the hood of the car?
(a) The goat will signal when to turn.
(b) He will have to sit on a book.
(c) The old lady has very good eyesight and will tell them when to turn.
(d) The children will tell Fisby when to turn.
3. In what language does Col. Purdy count his laundry items?
4. Which villager speaks English other than Sakini?
(a) Miss Higa Jiga.
(b) Mr. Seiko.
(c) Mr. Oshira.
(d) Lotus Blossom.
5. How long does it take a horse to travel to the village?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 12 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
6. Who is in love with Lotus Blossom?
(a) Capt. McLean.
7. Where will the people of the village get the lumber for their building project?
(a) Tear down old buildings and use the lumber.
(b) From the lumber for the new schoolhouse.
(c) Ship it in from the coast.
(d) Cut the lumber themselves.
8. What is Fisby wearing when Col. Purdy calls him?
(a) His bathrobe as a kimono.
(b) Amy fatigues.
(c) A silk kimono.
(d) A white coat.
9. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
(d) Yes, that means no.
10. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
(a) The Colonel.
(c) The emperor.
(d) The village mayor.
11. Who is the best carpenter in the village?
(a) Mr. Sumata.
(b) Miss Higa Jiga.
(c) Mr. Seiko.
(d) Mr. Hokaida.
12. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
(a) They give them away.
(b) They destroy them.
(c) They hide them.
(d) They don't have treasures.
13. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
(a) She is tied on.
(b) She is going to hold on tight.
(c) She has on a seat belt.
(d) She has great balance.
14. What do the people of the village want Fisby to build?
(a) A town hall.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) A .
(d) A teahouse.
15. What does Mr. Hokaida give as a gift?
(a) A cricket cage.
(b) A goat.
(c) A teacup.
(d) A cricket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Fisby do with the women of the small village?
2. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
3. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
4. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
5. What, according to Fisby, does Congress not have any control over?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)