|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) American Roadster.
(b) Adventure Magazine.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) Auto Mechanics.
2. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
(a) Teaching school for entire area.
(b) Manual labor.
(c) A souvenir business.
3. On what island does the play take place?
4. When Fisby tells one of the people to get off, what does this character say to Fisby?
(a) "If the goat can ride, then so can I."
(b) "I'm not taking up any room."
(c) "I'm going, so let's get going!"
5. What does Mr. Hokaida give as a gift?
(a) A teacup.
(b) A cricket.
(c) A cricket cage.
(d) A goat.
6. To whom does Lotus Blossom pay her dues?
(a) The Artisan Guild.
(b) The Okinawan Guild.
(c) The Geisha Guild.
(d) The Teahouse Guild.
7. How does Sakini think Fisby should dole out the jobs?
(a) The people who bring the best gifts get the best jobs.
(b) The men should get the jobs first.
(c) The women should get the jobs first.
(d) First come, first serve.
8. What is one of the main points of democracy that Fisby tells the villagers?
(a) That the President is an old man.
(b) That the President wants a school.
(c) That you can write the President.
(d) That the President is your friend.
9. Who is the 2nd-best carpenter in the village?
(a) Mr. Seiko.
(b) Mr. Hokaida's father.
(c) Miss Higa Jiga's mother.
(d) Mr. Sumata's father.
10. Where is the village located on the island where Fisby must go?
(a) In the middle of the island.
(b) At the bottom of the island.
(c) In the desert.
(d) On the coast.
11. What kind of eggs does Miss Higa Jiga give to Fisby?
(a) Chicken eggs.
(b) Turtle eggs.
(c) Dinosaur eggs.
(d) Cricket eggs.
12. Where does the animal ride on the trip?
(a) On the hood with the children.
(b) He rides at the top with the old woman.
(c) He is on the back.
(d) He is tied with a rope to the jeep.
13. Why does the traveler need so many packages?
(a) She is going for three or four months to visit.
(b) She always travels with many packages.
(c) She is selling objects she has made.
(d) She is taking many presents.
14. How does Sakini describe the road to the village?
(a) It is a gravel road.
(b) It is just a path for a wagon cart and goat.
(c) It follows the beach.
(d) It is very hilly.
15. What does Fisby ask Lotus Blossom to do when he takes the call from Col. Purdy?
(a) If she can stop talking.
(b) If she can turn off the electric fan.
(c) To see if she can go stop the hammering on the teahouse for a minute.
(d) If she can stop the musicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
2. What animal comes with them on the trip?
3. What does Mr. Oshira make?
4. What is the daughter pushing when she arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Sakini explain to Fisby that the animal has no children?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)