|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the 2nd-best carpenter in the village?
(a) Mr. Hokaida's father.
(b) Mr. Sumata's father.
(c) Mr. Seiko.
(d) Miss Higa Jiga's mother.
2. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
(b) The emperor.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The village mayor.
3. What is the first industry that Fisby sets up for the village?
(a) Collecting shells.
(b) Making geta and cricket cages.
(c) Sewing white robes.
(d) Making kimonos.
4. Sakini explains to Fisby that the village has had many invaders. What do the people do now to protect their treasures?
(a) They don't have treasures.
(b) They give them away.
(c) They destroy them.
(d) They hide them.
5. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) Auto Mechanics.
(b) American Roadster.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) Adventure Magazine.
6. What does Sakini tell Fisby is the business of a Geisha?
(a) To prepare food for men.
(b) To dance for men.
(c) To listen to the troubles of men.
(d) To read to men.
7. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
(a) Have weekly English lessons.
(b) Have weekly bridge lessons.
(c) Create a forum for democratic talks.
(d) Elect a League President.
8. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
(a) Ernest Hemmingway.
(b) Victor Hugo.
9. What noise can be heard as Fisby tries to hear who is calling him?
(a) Hammering and sawing.
(b) Buzzing electricity.
(c) Lotus Blossom talking.
10. How does Fisby take his "medication?"
(a) With his tea.
(b) With water.
(d) With Brandy.
11. What transportation will the party be using to get to the village?
(a) A bus.
(b) A horse cart.
(c) A jeep.
(d) A car.
12. Who is in love with Lotus Blossom?
(b) Capt. McLean.
13. How do people on Okinawa travel?
(a) By bus.
(b) By boat.
(d) On generosity.
14. How does Sakini explain to Fisby that the animal has no children?
(a) She is an unmarried goat.
(b) She is too young to have kids.
(c) She is too old to have kids.
(d) She is a he goat.
15. What is one of the main points of democracy that Fisby tells the villagers?
(a) That the President wants a school.
(b) That the President is your friend.
(c) That the President is an old man.
(d) That you can write the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sakini think Fisby should dole out the jobs?
2. How does Sakini announce to Col. Purdy that he has entered the room?
3. Where was Sakini born?
4. Why does the traveler need so many packages?
5. What does the daughter need to bring with her on the trip?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)