|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Higa Jiga want Lotus Blossom to do for the League for Democratic Action?
(a) Teach them to be Geisha.
(b) Teach them how to serve tea.
(c) Teach them about democracy.
(d) Teach them how to play an instrument.
2. Why do the villagers want to keep Mr. Omura as mayor?
(a) Because he is wise.
(b) Because he is a teacher.
(c) Because he has five crickets.
(d) Because he already owns a white coat.
3. Why is the person or animal who jumps on right before the group leaves traveling?
(a) He wants to see the ocean.
(b) He is the children's pet..
(c) He wants to see the jungle.
(d) He just wants to go for a ride.
4. Which villager speaks English other than Sakini?
(a) Miss Higa Jiga.
(b) Lotus Blossom.
(c) Mr. Oshira.
(d) Mr. Seiko.
5. What do the people of the village want Fisby to build?
(a) A schoolhouse.
(b) A teahouse.
(c) A .
(d) A town hall.
6. Who is the 2nd-best carpenter in the village?
(a) Mr. Sumata's father.
(b) Mr. Seiko.
(c) Miss Higa Jiga's mother.
(d) Mr. Hokaida's father.
7. Why does Sakini walk so slowly?
(a) So his socks won't fall down.
(b) His shoes are too small.
(c) He was injured in the war.
(d) He's full from dinner.
8. What will happen if Fisby does not take the person sitting on top of the bundles?
(a) The mayor of Tobiki village will be mad at him.
(b) Fisby will lose face.
(c) The old woman will be mad at Fisby.
(d) Sakini will cry.
9. What did Fisby do before the war?
(a) He was a mechanic.
(b) He was a manager at a grocery store.
(c) He was a janitor at a college.
(d) He was a professor of Humanities.
10. Where is the village located on the island where Fisby must go?
(a) In the desert.
(b) At the bottom of the island.
(c) On the coast.
(d) In the middle of the island.
11. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
(a) That Lotus Blossom goes to the front of the line in the rice rations line.
(b) All the noise from the new building.
(c) The rice shortage.
(d) The democratic lectures.
12. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
(a) Ernest Hemmingway.
(b) Victor Hugo.
13. Whom is Col. Purdy sending to check up on Fisby?
(a) Army building code officers.
(b) Army intelligence.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) Another nearby Colonel.
14. When, according to Col. Purdy, will US troops be out of Okinawa?
(a) By the next generation.
(b) In five years.
(c) In 100 years.
(d) By the next year.
15. Under what title should information be reported about children being born?
(a) "Population Increases."
(b) "Populations booms."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the animal ride on the trip?
2. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
3. What items does Miss Higa Jiga want Fisby to send for so that the women in the village can compete with Lotus Blossom?
4. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
5. Where was Sakini born?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)