|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will the people of the village get the lumber for their building project?
(a) Tear down old buildings and use the lumber.
(b) Ship it in from the coast.
(c) From the lumber for the new schoolhouse.
(d) Cut the lumber themselves.
2. Why is the daughter going on the trip?
(a) To visit her aunt.
(b) To take care of her mother.
(c) To take care of the goats.
(d) To take care of her children.
3. What must Fisby do with the women of the small village?
(a) Teach them to be teachers.
(b) Form a Women's League of Democratic Action.
(c) Teach them to serve tea.
(d) Teach them to work in a factory.
4. What does Miss Higa Jiga say is happening in the village?
(b) That the men are making too much noise building the schoolhouse.
(c) All the men are drunk in the pine grove.
(d) That all the Geisha are taking over.
5. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
(a) Create a forum for democratic talks.
(b) Have weekly bridge lessons.
(c) Have weekly English lessons.
(d) Elect a League President.
6. What does Mr. Seiko give to Fisby?
(a) A bottle of brandy.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A hat.
(d) Geta or wooden sandals.
7. Why did Fisby not report the birth of six kids in his report to the Col. under Population Increases?
(a) They are goats.
(b) They are American and do not belong to the village.
(c) They are not counted until they are three years old.
(d) Fisby did not know about the births.
8. What is the first industry that Fisby sets up for the village?
(a) Making geta and cricket cages.
(b) Sewing white robes.
(c) Collecting shells.
(d) Making kimonos.
9. How does Sakini announce to Col. Purdy that he has entered the room?
(a) He clears his throat.
(b) He starts to sing "God Bless America".
(c) He begins talking.
(d) He knocks on his behind.
10. What does Mr. Oshira make?
(a) School houses.
(b) Cricket cages.
(d) Lacquered cups.
11. What transportation will the party be using to get to the village?
(a) A horse cart.
(b) A jeep.
(c) A bus.
(d) A car.
12. What should Fisby be wearing out in the sun according to Col. Purdy?
(a) Uniform hat.
(b) His helmet.
(c) A straw hat.
(d) A baseball cap.
13. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
(a) Officers are dancing with enlisted men.
(b) The men are dancing with the natives.
(c) They wear kimonos when they dance.
(d) They are dancing with "questionable" women.
14. Where does the animal ride on the trip?
(a) He is tied with a rope to the jeep.
(b) He rides at the top with the old woman.
(c) On the hood with the children.
(d) He is on the back.
15. Who jumps on the back of the transportation just before they leave for the trip?
(a) Another animal.
(c) An ancient man.
(d) Col. Purdy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fisby tells one of the people to get off, what does this character say to Fisby?
2. When someone gives a cricket cage, what is not included?
3. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
4. Who is the best carpenter in the village?
5. What gift does Mr. Sumata bring for Fisby?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)