|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sakini announce to Col. Purdy that he has entered the room?
(a) He clears his throat.
(b) He knocks on his behind.
(c) He begins talking.
(d) He starts to sing "God Bless America".
2. How does Sakini describe the road to the village?
(a) It is just a path for a wagon cart and goat.
(b) It is a gravel road.
(c) It is very hilly.
(d) It follows the beach.
3. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
(a) The rice shortage.
(b) All the noise from the new building.
(c) That Lotus Blossom goes to the front of the line in the rice rations line.
(d) The democratic lectures.
4. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
(a) Officers are dancing with enlisted men.
(b) They wear kimonos when they dance.
(c) They are dancing with "questionable" women.
(d) The men are dancing with the natives.
5. On what island does the play take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
2. What should Fisby wear when he goes in the sun?
3. To whom does Lotus Blossom pay her dues?
4. When Fisby tries to give a lecture to the crowd, Sakini stops him and explains that the villagers want to do something first. What?
5. What kind of eggs does Miss Higa Jiga give to Fisby?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)