|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the old woman sitting on top of the bundles related to?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The village mayor.
(d) The emperor.
2. How is Fisby to instruct the women of the village?
(a) Through a series of lectures on democracy.
(b) Through the use of Okinawan songs.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) Sakini is supposed to teach the women.
3. What do the villagers do at 5:30 p.m.?
(a) Make brandy.
(b) Sit in the pine grove, sip tea, and watch the sun go down.
(c) Go to the local teahouse.
(d) Go to bed.
4. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
(b) Victor Hugo.
(c) Ernest Hemmingway.
5. How does Sakini describe the road to the village?
(a) It follows the beach.
(b) It is just a path for a wagon cart and goat.
(c) It is a gravel road.
(d) It is very hilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the daughter pushing when she arrives in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How long does it take a horse to travel to the village?
3. What should Fisby wear when he goes in the sun?
4. How often is Fisby supposed to send a report to Col. Purdy?
5. What is Miss Higa Jiga complaining about in particular?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)