|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers do at 5:30 p.m.?
(a) Sit in the pine grove, sip tea, and watch the sun go down.
(b) Go to the local teahouse.
(c) Make brandy.
(d) Go to bed.
2. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
(a) She is going to hold on tight.
(b) She has on a seat belt.
(c) She has great balance.
(d) She is tied on.
3. In what language does Col. Purdy count his laundry items?
4. How does Sakini describe the road to the village?
(a) It is just a path for a wagon cart and goat.
(b) It is very hilly.
(c) It follows the beach.
(d) It is a gravel road.
5. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
(a) They are dancing with "questionable" women.
(b) Officers are dancing with enlisted men.
(c) They wear kimonos when they dance.
(d) The men are dancing with the natives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sakini born?
2. What animal comes with them on the trip?
3. What transportation will the party be using to get to the village?
4. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
5. Who jumps on the back of the transportation just before they leave for the trip?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)