|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sakini chewing when the play begins?
(a) Juicy-fruit gum.
(d) Beef Jerky.
2. Why does Sakini walk so slowly?
(a) He was injured in the war.
(b) So his socks won't fall down.
(c) He's full from dinner.
(d) His shoes are too small.
3. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
(a) Officers are dancing with enlisted men.
(b) The men are dancing with the natives.
(c) They wear kimonos when they dance.
(d) They are dancing with "questionable" women.
4. Why is the daughter going on the trip?
(a) To take care of her children.
(b) To visit her aunt.
(c) To take care of her mother.
(d) To take care of the goats.
5. Who does Purdy believe wrote the "Tale of Two Cities"?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(d) Ernest Hemmingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Fisby to instruct the women of the village?
2. What must Fisby do with the women of the small village?
3. When Fisby tells one of the people to get off, what does this character say to Fisby?
4. How does Sakini announce to Col. Purdy that he has entered the room?
5. What shape will the new schoolhouse be in the village?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)