|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of the village want to make Hokaida Chief of Police?
(a) He is a good wrestler and people are afraid of him.
(b) He owns his own gun.
(c) He is the strongest man in the village.
(d) He is the tallest man in the village.
2. Where will the people of the village get the lumber for their building project?
(a) Cut the lumber themselves.
(b) From the lumber for the new schoolhouse.
(c) Tear down old buildings and use the lumber.
(d) Ship it in from the coast.
3. What does Miss Higa Jiga say is happening in the village?
(a) That the men are making too much noise building the schoolhouse.
(b) All the men are drunk in the pine grove.
(c) That all the Geisha are taking over.
4. Fisby tells Capt. McLean that he feels free. When does he say this feeling started?
(a) The minute he left the army.
(b) The minute he accepted Lotus Blossom for who she is.
(c) The minute he arrived in town.
(d) The minute he decided not to build the schoolhouse.
5. What is the first kind of business Fisby thinks of starting in the village?
(b) Manual labor.
(c) Teaching school for entire area.
(d) A souvenir business.
Short Answer Questions
1. When someone gives a cricket cage, what is not included?
2. What do they call the liquor that was made 10 days ago?
3. What does Col. Purdy want to talk to Fisby about on the telephone?
4. When Fisby tells one of the people to get off, what does this character say to Fisby?
5. What is Sakini chewing when the play begins?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)