|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
(a) They are dancing with "questionable" women.
(b) The men are dancing with the natives.
(c) Officers are dancing with enlisted men.
(d) They wear kimonos when they dance.
2. When Fisby tells one of the people to get off, what does this character say to Fisby?
(a) "I'm going, so let's get going!"
(c) "If the goat can ride, then so can I."
(d) "I'm not taking up any room."
3. What transportation will the party be using to get to the village?
(a) A horse cart.
(b) A bus.
(c) A jeep.
(d) A car.
4. Why will the person sitting on top of the bundles not fall off?
(a) She has great balance.
(b) She is going to hold on tight.
(c) She has on a seat belt.
(d) She is tied on.
5. How does Sakini describe the road to the village?
(a) It follows the beach.
(b) It is just a path for a wagon cart and goat.
(c) It is very hilly.
(d) It is a gravel road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
2. What did Fisby do before the war?
3. Why is the daughter going on the trip?
4. In what language does Col. Purdy count his laundry items?
5. What animal comes with them on the trip?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)