|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Col. Purdy looking for as Act 1, Scene 1 ends?
(a) His magazine.
(b) His bathrobe.
(c) His pants.
(d) His toothbrush.
2. How is Fisby to instruct the women of the village?
(a) Sakini is supposed to teach the women.
(b) Through a series of lectures on democracy.
(c) Through the use of Okinawan songs.
(d) In the classroom.
3. What does "Hai" mean in English according to Sakini?
(b) Yes, that means no.
4. Why is the person or animal who jumps on right before the group leaves traveling?
(a) He is the children's pet..
(b) He just wants to go for a ride.
(c) He wants to see the jungle.
(d) He wants to see the ocean.
5. What is one of the main points of democracy that Fisby tells the villagers?
(a) That you can write the President.
(b) That the President is an old man.
(c) That the President is your friend.
(d) That the President wants a school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Mr. Sumata bring for Fisby?
2. Why is the daughter going on the trip?
3. Why do the people of the village want to make Hokaida Chief of Police?
4. What does Fisby want the ladies to do first with their Ladies League for Democratic Action?
5. How do people on Okinawa travel?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)