Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is Sakini chewing when the play begins?
(b) Juicy-fruit gum.
(c) Beef Jerky.
2. On what island does the play take place?
3. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) Auto Mechanics.
(b) American Roadster.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) Adventure Magazine.
4. In what language does Col. Purdy count his laundry items?
5. Why does Sakini walk so slowly?
(a) His shoes are too small.
(b) He was injured in the war.
(c) He's full from dinner.
(d) So his socks won't fall down.
6. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
(a) Officers are dancing with enlisted men.
(b) They are dancing with "questionable" women.
(c) The men are dancing with the natives.
(d) They wear kimonos when they dance.
7. How does Sakini announce to Col. Purdy that he has entered the room?
(a) He knocks on his behind.
(b) He begins talking.
(c) He clears his throat.
(d) He starts to sing "God Bless America".
This section contains 5,121 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)