Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is Sakini chewing when the play begins?
(a) Beef Jerky.
(b) Juicy-fruit gum.
2. On what island does the play take place?
3. What magazine does Col. Purdy read?
(a) Auto Mechanics.
(b) American Roadster.
(c) Adventure Magazine.
(d) National Geographic.
4. In what language does Col. Purdy count his laundry items?
5. Why does Sakini walk so slowly?
(a) So his socks won't fall down.
(b) He's full from dinner.
(c) His shoes are too small.
(d) He was injured in the war.
6. What upsets Col. Purdy about the men dancing at the officer's club?
(a) They wear kimonos when they dance.
(b) The men are dancing with the natives.
(c) They are dancing with "questionable" women.
(d) Officers are dancing with enlisted men.
7. How does Sakini announce to Col. Purdy that he has entered the room?
(a) He begins talking.
(b) He starts to sing "God Bless America".
(c) He clears his throat.
(d) He knocks on his behind.
This section contains 5,121 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)